Old 03-01-2023, 04:03 PM   #1
Juan D'Fall
Human being with feelings

Location: On the Eastern edge of London (UK), almost on the Essex border.
Default Old deleted themes keep coming back.

I'm sure this has been done to death, but it still seems to keep happening. I have deleted some old themes from the colourthemes folder that I have tried and no longer need. I sure I don't have them anywhere on my computer. It sticks for a short time, but then they keep coming back. Where on earth can they be hiding?
Jim
Juan D'Fall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2023, 06:50 AM   #2
elcalen

Are they possibly installed through ReaPack?
Old 03-02-2023, 07:17 AM   #3
Juan D'Fall

Would reapack know what themes I had installed? I just installed them the normal way, i.e. download from the stash, then double click on the file. I have cleared out my downloads folder as well. I'm thinking there must be something buried deep in an ini file that I don't know about, but I still don't know where it's getting the theme files from seeing as they no long exist on my computer.
Thanks,
Jim
Old 03-02-2023, 07:30 AM   #4
Juan D'Fall

Bingo! I hope! I think I may have found the missing link. There is yet another copy in program files/reaper (x64)/install data/colour themes. This is not the normal colour themes folder in app data. And I've just twigged - it's happening every time I install an update. So it must copy them from there when it install updates. Hopefully mystery solved. I shall keep an eye on it.
Jim
Old 03-02-2023, 11:02 AM   #5
elcalen

Yeah, ReaPack would only be relevant if the theme was installed through ReaPack. If that was the case, then synchronising packages with ReaPack might reinstall those themes if they were manually deleted.

There are a couple old themes that come with the default ReaTeam repositories if you install all the default content from ReaPack. I disabled the theme repository because I didn't need them...

Anyway, if you found the problem, that's great. I wonder if those themes came bundled with older versions of REAPER? I'm not sure why manually installed themes would end in the install data folder...
Old 03-02-2023, 11:20 AM   #6
Juan D'Fall

That is odd. One of them was the imperial theme and one of them was a mod I made default 6. Neither of which come pre loaded. So as you say, still a mystery why they ended up in install data.
Jim