Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER General Discussion Forum

Old 08-01-2022, 08:49 AM   #281
Breeder
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDS View Post
Your docs indicate that win 6 is required, what is the reason it only works with reaper 6 and not 5. If it's for the reaper 6 theme I have that theme with it's adjuster running on my reaper 5.
Thanks for your comments.
CDS
Because it has features in menus and also uses API which is only available in REAPER 6.x
Breeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2023, 10:32 PM   #282
Starshine

Default Installer w/ Backup, Demo?

EDIT:

Now that I have had a chance to get back to some larger projects, I'm finding things that don't seem to work and that don't seem to have answers in the thread. Overall there are a lot of behaviors of this package that aren't documented and which can interfere with someone's existing work.

At the very least, a backout script would be trivial to create and seems like the right thing from a software design perspective.

pseudocode:
{OS shell script}

[extra safety pass]
prompt user if they want to copy relevant directories wholesale to a backup location
[main install loop]
for subdirectory and file in Rework
if _this_ exists in target dir
rename it _that_.old
copy file to dir

Hello!

Thank you for making this! I'm not sure I needed the uber-pack of instrument maps but I supported anyway.

In the toolbars I am arranging/removing to taste, merging with the tiny customizations I'd made so far... this kit is very well thought out and is even showing me "oh! this is another REAPER feature I had no idea about!" And some things I just didn't know how to set up but here they seem to be on and automatic and exactly what I was thinking I should do eventually.

Questions and potential contributions:

I backed up all my config files; does this do that in some way I don't know about? I probably didn't read something >__< Otherwise that would have been frustrating redoing various things if I wanted to back out but I'm basically just merging some shortcuts now.

Do you have a video walk-through of the features for this or has someone made a good one? If not I would consider making something like that in the future, essentially with the goal of answering any kind of questions brand new users to REAPER might have and maybe running through a couple simple workflows in Reworked vs vanilla.

Very few microtonal musicians have figured out how to navigate a tricky software jungle and locate the 17 mystic artifacts and knowledge scrolls needed to start figuring out how to write and produce good sounding music. Lots of non-techy folk really need a straightforward comprehensible picture of how to get from nothing at all to "something that sounds better than terrible soundfont or sine wave". I'm making the free tuning plugin(s) and process, and I think combined with ReWorked, this will finally be possible

Last edited by Starshine; 03-20-2023 at 10:30 AM. Reason: It's broken and making for not a good time
Starshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2023, 08:05 AM   #283
Starshine

Default Some settings keep reverting, how to fix?

I don't want the docker to always default back to bottom+attached, but that's not saving between sessions and I can't find where to change that.

I specifically changed both the default template and the default new track to NOT auto-monitor and not auto-arm, but that defaults back as well

How do I fix this?

Thanks,
Star
Old 03-24-2023, 06:16 PM   #284
Starshine

In regular Reaper, simple things like opening and closing the action list worked fine, and they respected things like remembering where I last had the window, whether it was docked or undocked, etc. for next time I open it. In other words I get a choice where the UI elements go.

In Reworked, this and other window/docked-UIs always revert to default behavior, and some startup script is doing this for the Action List even though I cannot find anywhere in the startup script any reference to this. I also have tried calling the built-in Reaper action to show the action list, but this doesn't change anything. I edited the Reworked script for showing the action list to also call undocking the current window right after it displays the Action List, but this produces an odd alternating behavior where it is either docked or undocked every time I open it.

The choice of positioning things in the UI is not something I expected to throw away completely with this package, nor is it called out in some place I would have seen prior to or even after installing.
Old 02-07-2024, 06:47 AM   #285
Stevie326

Default retrospective record jsfx is missing at startup

Can you help me locate this? I have purchased the premium content.

Thanks!

Stevie
Stevie326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2024, 06:50 AM   #286
Breeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevie326 View Post
Can you help me locate this? I have purchased the premium content.

Thanks!

Stevie
Download links are in the first post: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Fog...Ygyve1wh9/edit

Or you can go directly to the website:
https://reaper-reworked.weeblysite.com/download
Old 02-07-2024, 07:11 AM   #287
Stevie326

Specifically this:

retrospective record jsfx tracker. it is missing when I open the project
Old 02-07-2024, 07:14 AM   #288
Breeder

Quote:
Specifically this:

retrospective record jsfx tracker. it is missing when I open the project
I've just installed REAPER 7.09 and REAPER ReWorked and I don't get anything like that.

Are you using Windows? Remember, REAPER ReWorked works only on Windows
Old 02-07-2024, 07:17 AM   #289
Stevie326

yes on windows
Old 02-07-2024, 07:29 AM   #290
Breeder

Quote:
yes on windows
You need to make sure to paste the whole REAPER ReWorked configuration then into REAPER resource folder.

It's working here on vanilla install so it might be something on your end, like you for example not copying all the needed files.

If you need me to check your project file with the current configuration you can send it here and I can see if it opens normally but if I were you I would first try a proper clean install of REAPER ReWorked.
Old 02-07-2024, 02:09 PM   #291
Stevie326

That worked!
Old 02-10-2024, 04:20 PM   #292
Stevie326

Another question. When I add a repository and sync it , I can select packages to install and get them installed. I close Reaper and re-sync all of the added repositories have disappeared. I any idea why?

Thanks,

Stevie