Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER General Discussion Forum

Old 10-23-2017, 09:03 PM   #161
Tesgin
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMM View Post
ATTENTION....(to anyone who is new to the forum or this thread)....

FREE reverb IR files for ReaVerb here:
http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=130497

The VS8F Reverb IR files.
Version: 3.0 (January 31, 2014)

These IR files can be used in ReaVerb (convolution reverb plugin that comes stock with REAPER).
Plus, they can also be used in any other convolution reverb plugin that you desire.

A big "thank you" to Tod (here at the forum) for
his help in creating the user guide (PDF file).
I clicked on that link and the page cannot be found. Does anyone have an updated link?

Tesgin
Tesgin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 09:38 PM   #162
Tod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tesgin View Post
I clicked on that link and the page cannot be found. Does anyone have an updated link?

Tesgin
Hi Tesgin, it works here, no problem.
Tod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 10:13 PM   #163
Tesgin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tod View Post
Hi Tesgin, it works here, no problem.
Well, that link brings me to another page in this thread. On that page is the following:

DOWNLOAD THE COMPLETE REVERB IR BUNDLE HERE:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3nocc237pj...4%20bit%29.zip

So what I meant is that when I click on that link, it doesn't work. Am I missing something?

Tesgin
Old 10-24-2017, 08:37 AM   #164
Tesgin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgemeal View Post
Link seems bad here.
I have it on my google drive if you want,(29MB zip file)
VS8F Reverb IR 3.0 (24 bit).zip
Zip Contents: 64.9 MB, 77 Files, 3 Folders.
THANK YOU, Edgemeal. You truly are a human being with feelings!!

Much appreciated,
Tesgin
Old 10-24-2017, 09:03 AM   #165
Tesgin

I thought I'd share this link to a page with information on, and links to, more impulses (these are all donationware):

http://www.resoundsound.com/4-impuls...-reverb-packs/

The M7 is on Samplicity's website. The other three (Eventide H3000, TC Electronics M5000 and Lexicon 480L) are on the Signal to Noize website, which lists another nine more (http://signaltonoize.com/?page_id=4188).

I have not tried all of these; actually have only tried the Samplicity Bricasti M7 impulses. They are amazing! Not that I'm an expert on such things – just beginning to get my feet wet actually – but to my uninformed ears, the M7 impulses are quite impressive.

Enjoy,
Tesgin
Old 10-24-2017, 09:05 AM   #166
Tod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgemeal View Post
Link seems bad here.
I have it on my google drive if you want,(29MB zip file)
VS8F Reverb IR 3.0 (24 bit).zip
Zip Contents: 64.9 MB, 77 Files, 3 Folders.
Okay, so the link to the actual IRs isn't working, I can see that now.

SMM has been really busy, but I will try to contact him and let him know.

Thanks for stepping in Edgemeal.
Tod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 09:37 AM   #167
sostenuto

Thank-you much @ Edgemeal !! Most considerate.
sostenuto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 09:46 PM   #168
SMM

I fixed the link.

Thank you Tod for contacting me about this issue.
Thank you Edgemeal for your help and your link also.

I now have the link fixed and posted at page one:
http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=130497

Last edited by SMM; 10-25-2017 at 11:26 AM.
SMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 01:37 PM   #169
morgon

Quote:
Yeah, SMM did good with these, one of my favorites is "212-R1_SoftAmb" on snare, it often adds a real nice touch to the snare.
I just saw this and immediately tried it out, very nice, thanks.
morgon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 02:28 PM   #170
SMM

Quote:
Yeah, SMM did good with these, one of my favorites is "212-R1_SoftAmb" on snare, it often adds a real nice touch to the snare.
Quote:
Originally Posted by morgon View Post
I just saw this and immediately tried it out, very nice, thanks.
You are welcome.
Old 04-30-2019, 04:13 PM   #171
Invi

Alguien podría decirme como los instalo?
Invi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 04:23 PM   #172
Softsynth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invi View Post

Ask here:
https://forum.cockos.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39
Softsynth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 07:04 PM   #173
SMM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invi View Post
Póngalos en su computadora en una carpeta. Haga clic en el botón de exploración en el complemento ReaVerb y localice la carpeta que contiene los archivos wav.
Old 07-22-2019, 01:06 PM   #174
kodebode2

I may have had conversations with some of the contributors to this thread, on other threads, especially in relation to using Impulse Responses in Digital Room Correction.

I read through this and some other related threads which broached the subject of convolution topologies.

In researching the topic I was fortunate to run into the manual for Liquidsonics Reverberate CM, a special version for the Computer Music magazine, usually distributed via DVD with the magazine but also available to magazine owners via an online site.

The nugget of what I wanted to highlight is also included on a page at Liquidsonics knowledge base here :

https://www.liquidsonics.com/knowled...ng-topologies/

So in simple terms, the three topologies are Parallel Stereo - which uses one stereo impulse, but processes the two channels independently - one only for left and the other only for right.

Mono to stereo - which is what was discussed earlier by some others and also uses a stereo impulse - but the audio input is summed to mono, before being independently processed by a separate left mono side of the impulse and a right side of the stereo impulse.

I was pretty certain that Reaverb supports both of these implicitly. There is a mono checkbox on the current version of Reaverb when you choose an impulse, I expect this to achieve the mono to stereo. But do check, I may be wrong. I'm human...

Then there is True Stereo and that horse has been beaten enough on the forums - Reaverb will need two instances, and this can be achieved, via this method using Reaverb.

What was especially interesting about the Reverberate CM product is it supports Parallel Stereo, and Mono to Stereo - you choose which you want to use.

The grown up Reverberate product supports True Stereo.

I do wonder exactly which version of convolution topology does Reverberate LE support, the free one downloadable from Liquidsonics.

from this link it states :

"LiquidSonics’ Reverberate LE is a highly efficient convolution reverb audio processor without the modulation or true stereo capabilities of Reverberate.

Reverberate LE is provided free of charge for PC, 32-bit only.

Convolution Reverb Essentials
Reverberate LE provides a basic stereo convolution tool for Windows PCs. The essential parameters found on all good reverbs such as a pre-delay, gate and early onset control are all provided in a simple to use set of controls. Advanced reverb decay shapes can be sculpted using the envelope controls, and pitch corrections are possible using the stretch parameter."

No mention of what kind of stereo convolution, it supports - Parallel Stereo or Mono to Stereo

Sneaky - very silent on the subject - strange.

https://www.liquidsonics.com/software/reverberate-le/

SO I tested the convolution plugins.

How?

Send channel 1 of Track A to channel 1 of Track B. i.e a mono send

Send channel 1 of Track A to channel 2 of Track B, also a mono send.

(reverse polarity of one of the above) in the send dialogue of Reaper.

Place a convolution reverb on Track B, and load a stereo impulse file.

Monitor the output of the reverb on Track B, ensuring that the convolution plugin does not mix in any of its dry input. ie. is acting as a proper "send only" reverb...

If a convolution reverb is Mono to Stereo, rather than Parallel Stereo, the summed mono input will null cos of the phase reversal of one of the identical inputs, and there will be no output from the reverb. Convolution is a multiplication process, and if you multiply the impulse by a null input the output is also null..!

So contrary to expectations. my firm assertions further to testing using the method above...

1. Reaverb enables at least three convolution topologies, and maybe more but definitely at least 3.

a) Parallel Stereo - the default.

To achieve this : the Width parameter is set to the default value of 1 and Mix to mono checkbox is unselected.

The left channel is convolved with the left impulse.
The right channel is convolved with the right impulse.

b) Mono to Stereo - i.e Mono Audio input to Stereo Impulse - via Mono preprocessing of Input Audio

As Goldreap has pointed out so brilliantly in a post after this, by using the Width parameter in ReaVerb, you can preprocess the audio input to convolution, turning it from stereo to mono, before convolution, and this effectively turns ReaVerb into a Mono to Stereo convolution topology.

To achieve this, set the width to 0.00, instead of the default value of 1.0, and leave the Mix to Mono checkbox unselected (the default).

The mono result is convolved with left impulse and right impulse independently.

c) ReaVerb's Mono Impulse convolution of a Stereo input - i.e via Mono processing of the impulse.

To achieve this leave the Width at the default value of 1, and select the Mix to Mono. (the mix here being mix the stereo impulse into mono and NOT mix the final output to mono - as I had thought earlier).

In this case ReaVerb converts the stereo impulse to mono, and applies this independently to audio from the incoming left and right channels.

One would think that examples b and c above would produce the same result, but I did some pseudo maths to demonstrate the difference.

Left Audio Input = L, Right Audio Input = R, Left Impulse = l, Right Impulse = r, x = multiplication sign, / is division

In b) we endup with the final result of convolution as :

i. Left = (L+R)/2 x l
ii. Right = (L+R)/2 x r

in c) we end up with the final result of convolution as :

i. Left = L x (l+r)/ 2
ii. Right = R x (l+r)/ 2

2. Reverberate LE supports only Parallel Stereo convolution, which is great...

3. The Reverberate CM does what it says on the tin, Parallel Stereo and Mono to Stereo which in the test above yields a null output from the plugin. i.e the plugin sums the audio input to mono before convolution, similar to the b) example in ReaVerb above.

Interesting....

Last edited by kodebode2; 07-27-2019 at 09:41 AM.
kodebode2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 07:36 PM   #175
Goldreap

Yes, interesting.
The 'width' in Reaverb (unlike the 'mix to mono') is pre-processing. If you set it to 0.00 then I think you'll find that the two sends do null when one of the sends has polarity inverted.

Last edited by Goldreap; 07-23-2019 at 05:19 AM.
Goldreap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 02:32 AM   #176
kodebode2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldreap View Post
Yes, interesting.
The 'width' in Reaverb (unlike the 'mix to mono') is pre-processing. If you set it to 0.00 then I think you'll find that the two sends do null when one of the sends has polarity inverted.
Brilliant, and thank you for pointing this out.

Revised :

Yes checked it out, and you are absolutely correct, the Width slider when set to 0.00 acts like a pre-processor - summing to Mono before the convolution process, and in my test the output of the convolution was null.

The default value of Width is 1.00, and at this value ReaVerb convolution topology is Parallel Stereo.

I've added this as one of the topologies for ReaVerb, to my earlier observations above.

Last edited by kodebode2; 07-27-2019 at 09:44 AM.
Old 07-26-2019, 05:54 AM   #177
kodebode2

You may be interested in a conversation on convolution quality @ this other thread

Not a subjective one but one with tools and measurements that you can perform yourself.

https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?p=2162093
Old 07-27-2019, 09:58 AM   #178
kodebode2

Thanks to Goldreap's further insights, I did some testing using the test audio input described in my earlier post, which I restate below.

I have also revised the earlier post.

Left audio input = polarity reversed input of Right channel. (some use the terminology invert phase to describe this). The purpose of this input signal during the test is to determine when any mono summing of the input signal has occurred, as such an operation will lead to a null result. And if you attempt to convolve a null input, with any stereo impulse, the outcome will also be null. zero times n = zero.

The convolution impulse is stereo, upsampled to 96K from one of the Roland impulses available via this thread. I usually work at 96k, and occasionally prefer to avoid any sample rate conversion by convolution plugins, cos of a poor experience I had with one product which changed level, whenever it upped or downsampled impulses to the DAW's/converter's current sample rate.

So that it may be easier to understand the test, I did a video capture of this, which shows the test results using a spectrum analyzer with phase indicator (Voxengo SPAN) and a dedicated stereo analyzer (FLux Stereo Tool), which also help to demonstrate things like phase relationship between left and right channels of the output of convolution, making it easier to understand whats going on in ReaVerb.

These analyzers were placed after the convolution plugin.

The video is specific to ReaVerb, which has one more convolution options as discussed in the earlier post. Link below

https://i.imgur.com/vgkN0s8.gifv

Last edited by kodebode2; 07-27-2019 at 10:14 AM.
Old 09-29-2019, 03:09 PM   #179
Powermac

I've downloaded the VS files to my computer, but Reaper won't recognize them when attempting to download into Reaverb. If I go back to my computer downloads, the files are there, but not with Reaper.

Any help is appreciated?
Powermac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 05:54 PM   #180
mplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powermac View Post
I've downloaded the VS files to my computer, but Reaper won't recognize them when attempting to download into Reaverb. If I go back to my computer downloads, the files are there, but not with Reaper.

Any help is appreciated?
Once you open reaverb, press Add, select File then go to the location where you saved the impulses and choose one of them
mplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 01:57 PM   #181
Powermac

Quote:
Originally Posted by mplay View Post
Once you open reaverb, press Add, select File then go to the location where you saved the impulses and choose one of them
Thanks buddy, I've done that 30 times and Reaper still doesn't see it.
Powermac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 02:03 PM   #182
mschnell

Reaper is not supposed to "see" reverb implulse files.

In the "ReaVerb" plugin you need to find the file you want to use in a standard Windows/Mac file dialogue.
-Michael
mschnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020, 09:28 AM   #183
Basspl8r

Default More Free Reverbs NEW

I was trolling the web for free convolution reverbs, the only downside to reaper is you get one synth and two digital reverbs, but there are quite a few online, just downloaded the above list and figured I'd add some to it, thanks for the HQ downloads

Just found some called New York Show Room, claim to sound great for drums and acoustic instruments, still trolling the web for more.

http://www.noelborthwick.com/cakewal...lution-reverb/

I stumbled across these they go with a Linux VST called HybridReverb2, I don't really feel like installing all the components to run in windows, I used Melda Audio on my other PC and I've been getting a random c++ runtime error every since, but the convolution reverb's are available at github and can be loaded into ReaVerb, it claims to use a delay but I don't see why this effect couldn't be replicated with a JS delay if need be.
https://github.com/jpcima/HybridReverb2

Found a few more at GMH Audio, they have a free audio clipper and panner, some kick and snare samples along with a few guitar cab ir, and two files called garbage ir and couch reverbs
https://www.gmhaudio.com/impulse-responses
Basspl8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2021, 09:12 AM   #184
matt_t

Thank you!

At first I misread the abbreviation for "plate" as "pit". Thought there wouldn't be much reverb down in one of those...
matt_t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2021, 11:11 AM   #185
SMM

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt_t View Post
Thank you!

At first I misread the abbreviation for "plate" as "pit". Thought there wouldn't be much reverb down in one of those...

Ha ha.
Old 08-19-2021, 03:05 PM   #186
ivansc

Thanks, SMM! I recently lost the drive with all my IRs on it, so this is very helpful.
Anyone still got access to the Bricasti M7 files? Pleeease??
Old 08-19-2021, 06:15 PM   #187
SMM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivansc View Post
Thanks! I lost the hard drive with ALL my IRs on it recently so this is really helpful.
You are welcome.
Old 08-20-2021, 03:18 AM   #188
mozart999uk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basspl8r View Post
I

Just found some called New York Show Room, claim to sound great for drums and acoustic instruments, still trolling the web for more.

http://www.noelborthwick.com/cakewal...lution-reverb/

Thanks for the links :-)

Getting a 404 on this site. Any idea of an alternative source?
mozart999uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2021, 06:25 AM   #189
mozart999uk

Quote:
ATTENTION....(to anyone who is new to the forum or this thread)....
Hi SMM. Was that intended for me? :-)

If so, it's the new york show room IR's I was querying, not the VS8F :-)
Old 08-23-2021, 08:30 PM   #190
SMM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mozart999uk View Post
Hi SMM. Was that intended for me? :-)
Hello mozart999uk.
No, that was not intended for you.

I was announcing the VS8F IR files
to the community (in general) for any
new users needing the resource.

I refresh this thread a few times
a year (using that same post) to help
new people on the forum find and
discover the VS8F reverb IR files
to use in REAPER.

I'm sorry if there was any confusion.
All good.

Last edited by SMM; 08-23-2021 at 08:43 PM.
SMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 01:57 AM   #191
mozart999uk

Quote:
Hello mozart999uk.
No, that was not intended for you.

I was announcing the VS8F IR files
to the community (in general) for any
new users needing the resource.

I refresh this thread a few times
a year (using that same post) to help
new people on the forum find and
discover the VS8F reverb IR files
to use in REAPER.

I'm sorry if there was any confusion.
All good.
Cool. :-) Thanks for clarifying :-)
Old 08-24-2021, 03:47 AM   #192
fred garvin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivansc View Post
Thanks, SMM! I recently lost the drive with all my IRs on it, so this is very helpful.
Anyone still got access to the Bricasti M7 files? Pleeease??
Missed out on these the first time around, decided to track them down, which was a bit difficult... ran across the idea of using the Wayback Machine, which works as of this post:

http://web.archive.org/web/201603132...lse-responses/

Got the 24/48s no prob. YMMV, good luck!
fred garvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 06:21 PM   #193
jnorman34

Wow - just ran across this thread. These are the reverbs that came installed on my first ever digital recorder - a Roland vs-880, in 1999. I produced two commercial CD projects on that thing, and I think I used the “piano hall” patch on every track. Thank you not only for your IRs, which I will download as soon as I get in the studio, but also for stirring some great old memories unexpectedly…
jnorman34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 10:30 PM   #194
SMM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnorman34 View Post
Wow - just ran across this thread. These are the reverbs that came installed on my first ever digital recorder - a Roland vs-880, in 1999. I produced two commercial CD projects on that thing, and I think I used the “piano hall” patch on every track. Thank you not only for your IRs, which I will download as soon as I get in the studio, but also for stirring some great old memories unexpectedly…
jnorman34,

You are welcome.

Look at the user guide that comes with the IR files.
There is a photograph contained in the user guide
that may bring back memories also.

I have always felt that the reverbs in those Virtual Studios
were an excellent tool. I was able to capture their signature
sound 100% when I was creating these IR files.

I hope that you enjoy the IR files.
I hope that you can use these in your current audio productions also.
Let me know how these IR files work for you.

Enjoy.
Old 09-06-2021, 08:50 AM   #195
ggrey

Wonderful thread. Thanks to all for your stellar input! I am just getting into IR and will need to review all posts to absorb the kindly-given information. Great stuff indeed.
ggrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2022, 05:40 AM   #196
Chris Heinen

Thank you for creating/compiling this collection. Looking forward to using these IR's...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sWOWHqw18U
Chris Heinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2022, 07:10 AM   #197
dom64

Thanks for these SMM!
I shall try them v.soon =D
dom64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2023, 02:02 AM   #198
mat chat

Thank you very much SMM for your content! it's really appreciated.
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex1073 View Post
Very nice. Thanks a lot!

Unfortunately, I think that ReaVerb is parallel stereo only (I've hardly ever used it and may be wrong here, but if there is no setting to change it to mono to stereo then that's it). Reverberate LE is ps only but Reverberate CM has mono to stereo option. I don't know about SIR.

Cheers, Alex
Hello Alex , you can use IR with reaverb in parallel stereo , mono to stereo and true stereo as well, the trick is to insert a JS channel mapper downmixer before the reaverb plugin (exept for parralel stereo which is default).

So,for mono to stereo, the setting is shown here:

for true stereo the setting is shown here:

I've got a tutorial explaining this here but for the moment it's only in french (translation is a lot of work)

Last edited by mat chat; 03-24-2023 at 02:35 AM.
mat chat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2023, 02:28 AM   #199
otsoa

Thx !

windows11 Pro x64 - Ryzen 7 3700x - 64Go RAM - ASRock B550M Pro4 - NV Geforce GTX 3060Ti
otsoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2023, 01:13 AM   #200
mschnell

Funny that the internal Routing in ReaVerb (added several months ago) does not allow for using two stereo IRs for true stereo (or am I too silly ?).
Regarding using two ReaVerbs the upcoming "Container" "plugin" (see current prerelease) might be helpful.

-Michael
mschnell is offline   Reply With Quote