Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Q&A, Tips, Tricks and Howto

Old 03-23-2023, 05:58 AM   #1
MetagraM
Human being with feelings

Default MIDI click+drag doesn't extend the notes anymore (SOLVED)

Hello, clicking in the piano roll and dragging the note I'm writing isn't working anymore, it writes the note of the selected lenght but nothing more.

What can I do?
Thanks!

Last edited by MetagraM; 03-25-2023 at 02:39 PM. Reason: [SOLVED]
MetagraM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2023, 08:48 AM   #2
xpander

How are you trying to insert & extend notes? You can insert notes by left click or double click and then extend with left drag from the note end. Or you can paint notes with left drag straight to the length you want. How exactly these would work depends on your mouse modifiers. Some settings affect the results too, like note selections, snap settings etc.
xpander is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2023, 08:53 AM   #3
elcalen

Hmm, I assume you haven't changed the mouse modifiers? You can check in Preferences, under Editing Behavior/Mouse Modifiers, for "Context MIDI piano roll" and "Left drag". The default action for me is "Insert note, drag to extend or change pitch".

Maybe there are other settings that could affect this, but I can't think of what they would be off the top of my head...
Old 03-25-2023, 02:38 PM   #4
MetagraM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcalen View Post
Hmm, I assume you haven't changed the mouse modifiers? You can check in Preferences, under Editing Behavior/Mouse Modifiers, for "Context MIDI piano roll" and "Left drag". The default action for me is "Insert note, drag to extend or change pitch".

Maybe there are other settings that could affect this, but I can't think of what they would be off the top of my head...
Thank you very much! That was the problem! I'm sure I didn't change anything in that option section, maybe there's a shortcut, anyway, tyvm!
MetagraM is offline   Reply With Quote