Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER General Discussion Forum

Old 01-21-2022, 08:04 AM   #1
Boogieshoes
Human being with feelings

Default Forum posts - Normal or Oversized View?

Can somebody explain why some threads on here open up with the posts like they ‘fit to screen’ and some simply don’t?

For example today’s posts on the update to Reaper V6.46 all posts are wider than can display and can’t be zoomed or adjusted to fit to read without trying to scroll everything.

I have noticed this on a number of threads often when there are graphics dropped to posts.
Boogieshoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2022, 08:11 AM   #2
Glennbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogieshoes View Post
Can somebody explain why some threads on here open up with the posts like they ‘fit to screen’ and some simply don’t?

For example today’s posts on the update to Reaper V6.46 all posts are wider than can display and can’t be zoomed or adjusted to fit to read without trying to scroll everything.

I have noticed this on a number of threads often when there are graphics dropped to posts.
At the bottom left of the page select "Reaper 5" which will scale images to fit.

I don't know why Cockos won't just default all forums to that, coz the opening page is and the Linux Users sub-forum is, but the main forum where most the posts are is not, so you have to set it yourself.
Glennbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2022, 06:33 AM   #3
Boogieshoes

Thank you Glennbo, sorry to be so daft.
Boogieshoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2022, 08:55 AM   #4
Softshell

Thanks G
Couple months ago my iNet computer went belly up. MB fried apparently, PS checked out ok. Not likely to find a replacement MB due to age so I got a whole new computer. Lost all my settings, bookmarks, etc. Anyway this scrolling thing was just one of the many irritations (that I'd long since forgotten how to deal with) I've been sorting out. So now one less aggravation.Thanks for reminding me.
Old 02-01-2022, 09:42 AM   #5
Glennbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogieshoes View Post
Thank you Glennbo, sorry to be so daft.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Softshell View Post
Thanks G
Couple months ago my iNet computer went belly up. MB fried apparently, PS checked out ok. Not likely to find a replacement MB due to age so I got a whole new computer. Lost all my settings, bookmarks, etc. Anyway this scrolling thing was just one of the many irritations (that I'd long since forgotten how to deal with) I've been sorting out. So now one less aggravation.Thanks for reminding me.
I really wish the devs would set Reaper5 as the default on all the pages here. The Linux forum is, and one other (I can't remember which), but all the rest are set where big images screw the formatting up. I have my browser set to forget everything on close, so I have to manually flip the switch when somebody posts a big image. It has made me size my own images down when I post one though.
Glennbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2022, 01:14 PM   #6
Spookye

....maybe. could they take advantage of it to insert it in the "New Layout Forum" Reaper 6 ??