Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Compatibility

Old 07-25-2022, 02:44 AM   #1
Atilla
Human being with feelings

Default Midi Quest 12 screwed up my midi device settings in Reaper.

Hi! I´m new on this forum but I have been using Reaper for about 2 years now and everything has worked fine until now.

Since I can not find a Reaper mail support I though that maybe I can get some help here on this forum.

I was running Midi Quest 12 (Sound Quests synth editor and library program) in stand alone mode and Reaper was shut down at the moment.

My midi interface is ESI M4U ex. My Soundcard is Focusrite scarlett 4i4 3 gen.

I used autosense to finish my setup off both Roland JV-2080 and Yamaha SY77 in Midi Quest 12

When I was finished editing my synths I started up Reaper and Reaper could no longer find my JV-2080, SY 77, Esi M4U ex and a number of midi in and out ports in Esi M4U ex.

My other devices a Yamaha digital piano and Oxygen 61 midi keybord and Focusrite scarlett was the only 3 devices that still was found.

I have tried to turn off and on the synths and the ESI M4U ex and restarting the computer and I have tried to reset all midi devices in Reaper but nothing have worked.

All my VST plug ins works fine.

Does anyone know what may have happend and how to resolve this issue?

Best Regards
Atilla
Atilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2022, 07:02 PM   #2
Philbo King
Human being with feelings

It could be Midiquest didn't release the midi ports. Did you exit it before starting Reaper?

If you need to run both at once you need a multiclient virtual midi port program such as Midiox or Bourne. Windows doesn't support more than one program accessing a midi port at a time.