Old 09-13-2007, 03:15 AM   #1
Sleep opposed
Human being with feelings

Default Rendered track not in synch

This doesnt seem like the "gap" problem mentioned above...

Heres an example:

I have one track containing a bass part written by my bass player. Ive written some additional parts in a seperate track, and have muted sections of his where mine is used and vice versa. Im left with two bass tracks.

Because im a neat freak and like to minimise cpu, i put both these tracks into a parent folder track, and then render the folder track to a stem and mute/bypass the originals.

Heres the problem:

The resulting stem track is out of synch with the originals, and consequently a pain in the arse to get to line up. I cant figure out why this is happening....shouldnt it be exactly the same?

Something weird must be happening, surely this is a widely used feature for comping takes etc?
Sleep opposed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 03:45 AM   #2
pipelineaudio
Mortal

are any tracks armed?
pipelineaudio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 04:38 AM   #3
Sleep opposed

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipelineaudio View Post
are any tracks armed?
Ill have to double check, but im almost certain that they werent. Ive gotten into the habit of disarming them so i dont accidentally record over my takes..

Is it something similar to plugin delay compensation? The bass tracks had eq's on them and thats it....

Thanks
Old 09-13-2007, 04:57 AM   #4
pipelineaudio
Mortal

not too terribly sure. Can you upload an rpp? even without the audio files should be fine
pipelineaudio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 08:17 AM   #5
Sleep opposed

Hey,

Ive tried to upload the RPP file, but it says its an invalid format. I saved it as a notepad text file, but then the file size is too big.

Ive put it up on box.net, hope thats ok. Its not a huge inconvinience for me, but if its a consistent problem, it could be a hassle when getting into the FSU stage. I havent checked if it happens in all or new projects though. Ill do so over the next couple of days when i get a chance.

http://www.box.net/shared/zb7titne82

Thanks.

*EDIT: ive just realised, that in the project, i deleted the out of synch bass and just used the folder track as i mentioned. Instead of potentially giving you a useless file, i thought id let you know. If you can still determine anything from the file, there it is. If you need me to replicate it and leave the tracks in, let me know.
Old 09-13-2007, 09:14 AM   #6
Billoon

It maybe a plugin???

Try rendering without any plugs on either of the bass tracks or on the folder track and see if that lines up.
Billoon is offline   Reply With Quote