Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER General Discussion Forum

Old 07-29-2017, 03:45 AM   #1
Armageddon
Human being with feelings

Default Move from x86 to x64 version of Reaper : software not retaining folders locations

Hi all !

I'm posting here to ask some help or maybe report a bug.
I'm currently moving from the 32 bit version of Reaper to the 64 bit version (v5.40).
What I've done is I installed the x64 Reaper version separately and made sure all the plugins there where the x64 version.
At the end, when I fire Reaper x86, all plugins are 32 bits, and when I fire Reaper x64, all the plugins are 64 bits.

So far, all is fine expect how the 64 bit version handles folders when it call an explorer to browse for files.

In the 32 bit version, each time I go to FX and add an FX chain, the software opened the default place where my FX chains where recorded.
If I was using a plugin which is loading IR files, it was opening the IR files at the latest location I was using it. In short, depending on the context, Reaper 32 bits retains where I am getting my files.
Now, in the 64 bit version of Reaper, it seems it only retains one folder location.

I'll try to explain better with an example...

Let's say I'm messing with my IR plugin (nadIR) loading and auditioning different IR files until I'm happy with one.
Now I go to another track and want to load my favorite FX chain. I do "FX > Add FX chain".
At that time, the folder that opens by default is not where I store my FX chains, it's the latest folder I used (in this example my IR folder I just used earlier). So I have to navigate to my FX chain folder again.
Now, if I return to my IR plugin and decide to change the IR to be used, when I click on the open file icon, the default folder that opens is my FX chain folder ! I have to navigate to my IR repository folder again.
And vice versa : now returning to FX chains brings me to my IR folder.
This drives me crazy !

It is not doing this with Reaper x86 (v5.40). The software retains where I was last time I opened a file, depending on the context. I never have to navigate again and again to my different folders.
This is very annoying and time consuming.

Any idea what could be wrong ?

Thank you
Armageddon is offline   Reply With Quote