Old 12-27-2018, 08:26 AM   #1
puke
Human being with feelings

Default Interface/Converter suggestions

I am looking at going with my console for mixing and tracking. And realized I will most likely need 16 o/i of some sort if I do this. I currently have a steinberg MR816 and an beringer 8 channel (through adat) I use. But lets face it, the behringer forces everything into 48k and the behringer does not sound that good. I thought I would get another MR816 and GEEEEE they are hard to find,. I really don't think it's smart buying one from Europe or Japan on ebay. Is my assumption that the UR824 will not really daisychain with the MR816 correct? Like another MR would? If I don't find another MR...I am starting to assume that I'll need to go another route. I have been doing some reading and there is something sort of new called a Motu 16a,..That supposedly does 16 analog ins and outs. I don't believe I will ever need more than 16 outs...that was about the max of what we needed back when I actually was doing stuff a lot in music. My computer is a mid 2012 15 inch macbook pro. with a 1tb ssd and a bunch of ram. And I have a nice sounding desk and tons of outboard stuff (the type everyone wished they had),..so I really won't need much to happen inside reaper except editing and the occasional limiter on a singer that has bad dynamics that an analog limiter can't tame.
puke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 08:43 AM   #2
ivansc
Human being with feelings

(grin) We heard you the first time.