Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Color Themes and Icon Sets

Old 06-20-2019, 08:43 AM   #1
Jazzooka
Human being with feelings

Default Is there any non-blurry theme for MBP Retina OS X Sierra?

Hi,

I now have a refurbd MBP Retina from 2014 for on the road

I notice the fonts of the timeline/bar numbers are extra blurry, the toolbar as well, the channel strip icons from the mixer panel also a bit blurry

Nothing to lose any sleep over, but I'd like to know if there is one theme that is not blurry for such a setup? I purchased some time ago the I Logic V2.5 which looks great, but even there the timeline/bar numbers are blurry, ditto for toolbar. Again, the strip elements as well, but slightly less blurry than the rest.

I had a peek in the upcoming V6 thread, seems to be solved, but until then, any options?

Thanks

Best

Nico
Old 06-20-2019, 12:46 PM   #2
JayJSE2

For all the timeline stuff, you'll just have to wait for (or just use) the latest pre-release version. Past that, it's just looking for what retina/HiDPI theme you prefer.
JayJSE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 02:52 PM   #3
Jazzooka

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJSE2 View Post
For all the timeline stuff, you'll just have to wait for (or just use) the latest pre-release version. Past that, it's just looking for what retina/HiDPI theme you prefer.
Thanks for the info

Bit unsure as to use pre-release in ongoing sessions stability wise, but I'll try it on old sessions.

Regarding the themes, I checked in the repository with tags "retina" or "HiDPI" I could only find one, are there any others?

Best

Nico
Old 06-20-2019, 03:16 PM   #4
JayJSE2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzooka View Post

I could only find one, are there any others?
Not counting the v6 alpha theme, there are a few others. One of them a mod that I did (of a series of mods) of the v4 theme [There are a few issues with it and not all the layouts are done, but it works for me]. There's also JRENG's Metric theme which is really cool [the download is on an external website because of the file size limit of the stash, but you should be able to find the thread that the link is in].
JayJSE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 03:42 PM   #5
Jazzooka

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJSE2 View Post
Not counting the v6 alpha theme, there are a few others. One of them a mod that I did (of a series of mods) of the v4 theme [There are a few issues with it and not all the layouts are done, but it works for me]. There's also JRENG's Metric theme which is really cool [the download is on an external website because of the file size limit of the stash, but you should be able to find the thread that the link is in].
Thanks JayJSE2, I'll try them both

Best

Nico