Old 02-02-2010, 10:12 AM   #1
Finnish
Human being with feelings
 
Finnish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Finland, Kuopio
Posts: 886
Default Win 7 64bit + EMU 0404 USB = cpu spikes

Yeah, constant/frequent cpu spikes, at least in one core on my i7.

Well, installed XP64 today:
https://stash.reaper.fm/oldsb/784764/...ipped%20xp.JPG

Tada, I'll try win 7 next time when EMU updates drivers.
__________________
REGISTERED USER
My music, studio and bands
Finnish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 10:46 AM   #2
StepOne
Human being with feelings
 
StepOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: CA
Posts: 991
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnish View Post
Yeah, constant/frequent cpu spikes, at least in one core on my i7.

Well, installed XP64 today:
https://stash.reaper.fm/oldsb/784764/...ipped%20xp.JPG

Tada, I'll try win 7 next time when EMU updates drivers.
Have you tried Reaper 32-bit?

I run that under 7/x64 with an EMU0404. No problems.
__________________
Damn it feels good to be a gangsta.
StepOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 11:18 AM   #3
Finnish
Human being with feelings
 
Finnish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Finland, Kuopio
Posts: 886
Default

Yeah, I tried 32-bit Reaper. Same thing also when I launched Winamp. So it's EMU-HP-Win7 -issue. No longer...
__________________
REGISTERED USER
My music, studio and bands
Finnish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 11:27 AM   #4
StepOne
Human being with feelings
 
StepOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: CA
Posts: 991
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnish View Post
Yeah, I tried 32-bit Reaper. Same thing also when I launched Winamp. So it's EMU-HP-Win7 -issue. No longer...
Its most likely an HP issue. Cheap bargain bin USB controllers and ports on low-end motherboards are known to cause problems.
__________________
Damn it feels good to be a gangsta.
StepOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 12:10 PM   #5
Finnish
Human being with feelings
 
Finnish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Finland, Kuopio
Posts: 886
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StepOne View Post
Its most likely an HP issue. Cheap bargain bin USB controllers and ports on low-end motherboards are known to cause problems.
Hmmm, possibly. But why no spiking on XP-side?
__________________
REGISTERED USER
My music, studio and bands
Finnish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 12:15 PM   #6
StepOne
Human being with feelings
 
StepOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: CA
Posts: 991
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnish View Post
Hmmm, possibly. But why no spiking on XP-side?
Good question - maybe a driver issue then? I have the opposite experience on my Dell Laptop - stuttering and stopping when trying to play anything in XP, but all smooth under Win7.
__________________
Damn it feels good to be a gangsta.
StepOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 08:20 AM   #7
GrimJester
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 4
Default

Hi,

I found this to work with my 0202 (same issues)
After i boot, if i turn the 0202 off and then turn it on again, windows7x64 picks it up again as a usb2 device
(not usb1.1 which it does after booting)

and all works fine!
im using the vista64 bits drivers btw

hope this helps.

regards
Peter
GrimJester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 11:43 AM   #8
Finnish
Human being with feelings
 
Finnish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Finland, Kuopio
Posts: 886
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimJester View Post
Hi,

I found this to work with my 0202 (same issues)
After i boot, if i turn the 0202 off and then turn it on again, windows7x64 picks it up again as a usb2 device
(not usb1.1 which it does after booting)

and all works fine!
im using the vista64 bits drivers btw

hope this helps.

regards
Peter
WOOOOOOOOOT!?

Can someone else confirm this?

If this is true I'm on the Win7-train right away!
__________________
REGISTERED USER
My music, studio and bands
Finnish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 11:19 AM   #9
Finnish
Human being with feelings
 
Finnish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Finland, Kuopio
Posts: 886
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnish View Post
WOOOOOOOOOT!?

Can someone else confirm this?

If this is true I'm on the Win7-train right away!
This isn't the solution. Still CPU-spikes with EMU and Win 7. But goddamit, my i7 PC runs at 64 samples with internal soundcard and everything is just so perfect. My i7-machine is not yet in my studio, I need it at home, so there's still time to find a solution (my money is not on EMU releasing a new driver) so everything is almost fine...
__________________
REGISTERED USER
My music, studio and bands
Finnish is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:39 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.