Old 01-28-2014, 10:39 PM   #1
Tim Bravo
Human being with feelings

Default ReaVerb creates echo on render

I'm using several instances of ReaVerb across a project, and it sounds great on playback. But when I render my project, I get this weird echo that goes away if I render with ReaVerb turned off.

What's going on? I need to get this project to the client!
Tim Bravo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 07:41 AM   #2
Ollie
Super Moderator (no feelings)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Bravo View Post
I need to get this project to the client!
Then you should use File->'Save live output to disk (bounce)' to render your project until you have time to investigate this further.

When you have more time - it's possible/likely that another plug-in is actually causing this so...

- Some plug-ins don't like full speed offline or even "1x" (realtime) offline rendering at all. Please try "Online" rendering instead (selection menu is top right corner of the render dialog).

- Changing the current state of Options->Preferences->Plug-ins->VST->"Inform plug-ins of offline rendering state" could help too.

If that all doesn't work, please don't forget to state your REAPER version (32 or 64 bit?), your platform/operating system and what plug-ins are in the project, when you post again.
Ollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 08:25 PM   #3
Tim Bravo

Default Eureka!

Brilliant! The online render worked. I hadn't even thought to try that. Thank you so much for your advice. I'll try the inform VSTs option, too.

Big time gratitude, dude.
Old 01-29-2014, 08:32 PM   #4
Tim Bravo

Default Changing preferences also worked

Follow up - I selected the Inform plugins about offline render option and it worked!

I'm such a fan of Reaper, and now just as big a fan of these forums. Life saver. You made a difference.
Old 02-02-2014, 06:34 AM   #5
wurlygreg

I was having problems rendering using the EWQL Pianos VST, and yes, enabling "Inform plug-ins of offline rendering state" fixed the problem.

Why isn't it the default setting? Why is there a need for an option to NOT inform the plugins of the rendering state?

Greg.
wurlygreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 09:19 PM   #6
Fergler

^ A lot of features in Reaper beg this question At least we have the choice, I guess. But yeah, would love to know.
Fergler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 07:13 PM   #7
Ollie
Super Moderator (no feelings)

I think a lot of these hard to understand defaults are due to the fact that REAPER is being developed "live" and breaking compatibility with older projects on the way is kind of bad. So it's better to introduce new options in their "off" state, at least until their side effects are understood better.
Ollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 05:59 PM   #8
Fergler

That makes a lot of sense, thanks.
Fergler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 06:16 PM   #9
Kundalinguist

There are settings hidden away in the preferences section that I dare not touch because I think that they're somehow connected to the time-space continuum in a way that may alter everything we know about reality itself.

Me? I just keep my head down, do my work and don't ask too many questions. Its safer that way.