Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Bug Reports

Old 11-20-2017, 07:54 AM   #41
ivansc
Human being with feelings

Agreed with ED. If this was really reaper problem, logic says that others would have seen the same difference.
I have run both versions on the same computer and never seen anything like what you are experiencing, which was why I suggested a complete uninstall and reinstall of the Waves stuff. I hope you didnt think I mean to wipe your whole system hard drive and reinstall everything - I meant JUST the Waves stuff.

A very common issue with ALL DAWs not just Reaper when Waves introduced Waves Central was that old installations of Waves software were getting randomly left bhind after WC had done its work. Not always the entire install.
In my case I struggled to get my Waves plugs working reliably in both reaper and Studio one AND Sonar 3 after WC was installed.
Finally got everything working 100% reliably when I went through and uninstalled all the waves stuff using IObit's free uninstaller, then went back by hand and removed every trace of waves I could find.
Reinstalled Waves Central and have had no further problems through several updates of the waves shells, etc

Sorry this is a bit lengthy but I wanted to be sure you understood exactly what I was suggesting.

And since you have said it isn't just waves plugs in your most recent post, it is beginning to sound like maybe you have either a gfx hardware or software problem within windows itself.
I cant think of anything that would give you this issue purely in Reaper without it materially affecting other people's systems as well.
You are definitely the only person to have reported this particular problem afaik

Sorry I cant offer anything better than that.
Old 11-20-2017, 08:03 AM   #42
Masterlands

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivansc View Post
Agreed with ED. If this was really reaper problem, logic says that others would have seen the same difference.
. I hope you didnt think I mean to wipe your whole system hard drive and reinstall everything - I meant JUST the Waves stuff.

I didn't, absolutely.
What I meant was that my system is recently installed. No waves plugins before, no previous waves installations.
In fact, I was detecting the issue already in the first days, before I installed waves.
So waves is not the cause for me.
Masterlands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 02:17 PM   #43
ivansc

Ah! OK at least we are all on the same page now.

Off to have a further think about this.... something is stirring in the back of my memory.

Ome last thought: Have you tried installing exactly the same Reaper version in both your 32 and 64bit partitions to remove the last possible area of difference, apart from any variation in your reaper.ini file or other customisation you may have done? We all seem to have overlooked this elementary troubleshooting step.
Old 11-21-2017, 04:05 AM   #44
Masterlands

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivansc View Post
Ah! OK at least we are all on the same page now.

Off to have a further think about this.... something is stirring in the back of my memory.

Ome last thought: Have you tried installing exactly the same Reaper version in both your 32 and 64bit partitions to remove the last possible area of difference, apart from any variation in your reaper.ini file or other customisation you may have done? We all seem to have overlooked this elementary troubleshooting step.
No I didn't. I'm affraid of installing and uninstalling in such a way I could mess up something. What I know is under XP, the same 32 bit version behaves exactly fine as under Windows7. Even with a 32 bit version a bit older than the 64bit. I know this isn't 100% serious, but I think if I did what you said, the result were the same.
In the meantime, my first projects under Windows 7 and Reaper 64 bits are running outstandingly, all is performing very solidly and stable, even a bit faster than XP-32bit. The only dark spot is what you know, although it's a very minor issue and with time I will forget about it.
Masterlands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 06:14 AM   #45
aombk

didt read each and every post.

but i think what you should do is under your latest 64 bit operating system, install latest reaper 64 bit and 32 bit and try with same settings and same effects.

and maybe demonstrate what you are seeing with a video, maybe using a mobile phone or something, since screen capture may affect your computers performance and behavior.
aombk is offline   Reply With Quote