Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Bug Reports

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2014, 05:33 AM   #1
JasperO
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 15
Default Rendered VSTi effects has glitches when the tempo changes in the track (SOLVED)

Each time I render a track which has a lot of tempo changes and VSTi effects glitches appear in the rendered track. These glitches are not heard when the track is played. The glitches seem to happen when the tempo changes and occur no matter what VSTi is used and are most likely related to the render process.

Down below you can download a small project which, when rendered, outputs an mp3 with glitches.

Regards, Jasper
ps:
Project: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/87175578/Test.zip
Just the sound: https://soundcloud.com/jasperoosthoe...itches/s-0ReNc
JasperO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 11:45 AM   #2
Justin
Administrator
 
Justin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: NYC
Posts: 10,517
Default

Duplicated -- can you confirm it only occurs when rendering to mp3 (rendering to .wav or other formats works properly)?
Justin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 03:30 PM   #3
Justin
Administrator
 
Justin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: NYC
Posts: 10,517
Default

OK, I determined that this only happens on x64 here, and if I use the version of libmp3lame.dll on:

http://www.rarewares.org/mp3-lame-libraries.php

It fixes.


Are you on Windows x64 REAPER? If so, can you try removing your lame_enc64.dll and replacing it with the x64 libmp3lame.dll (you can rename libmp3lame.dll to lame_enc64.dll if you wish, REAPER will load either) and see if that helps as well?
Justin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 04:30 PM   #4
JasperO
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 15
Default

Thanks for the support as this bug has been bugging me for some time now ;-).
So, I installed the new lame_enc.dll file and it looks like it's solved, very nice!

It didn't occur to me that the lame encoder could be to blame as the problems were related to VSTi effects and never to rendering other items. This might be relevant to you: I'm running 32 bit Reaper on 64 bit Windows 7. The original lame encoder was probably version 3.93.1 judging from the size.

Kind regards, Jasper
JasperO is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:33 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.