Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Bug Reports

Old 01-30-2017, 07:36 AM   #81
dimitris
Human being with feelings

I think that snapping midi notes to MIDI item ticks is wrong. Quantizing to grid, one expects to get just that: quantize to grid - without offset caused by the MIDI item borders. To see your quantized note half a tick to the left/right of the grid line makes no sense. It causes problems too. An example is using a keyswitch, a function present in most sample libraries. Usually, a keyswitch check is performed when a musical note is triggered and switches to the sample group (articulation) indicated by the keyswitch note. Offsets, even as small as the ones created by item-based tick snapping, may break this function. You wouldn't even guess why, as the key press appears quantized at normal viewing range. Only if zoomed in all the way would you notice the tick offset. And to fix you would probably chose to move the note manually (how would you know that this is caused by the MIDI item left edge not being snapped to the timeline ticks?), which means that if you quantize the notes later the function would break again.

Last edited by dimitris; 02-03-2017 at 05:39 AM. Reason: spelling
dimitris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 05:33 AM   #82
vitalker

Julian, what can you say about this bug: http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=3625 ?
vitalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 03:04 AM   #83
juliansader

MIDI bug fixing has been on the back burner for the past few releases, but it is not cause for complaint, since the devs are working on other exciting new MIDI features such as CC lane renaming and articulation mapping.

However, I think it may be wise to fix some of the bugs that are most pertinent to orchestral composing, before releasing the articulation mapping. I expect that many orchestral composers will demo REAPER as soon as articulation mapping is available, and it will pay to make the best possible first impression.

If I may venture a guess, the tempo envelope / time signature bugs will probably be the biggest workflow killers, since orchestral compositions employ lots of subtle tempo variations. (Moreso than other genres, I think.) Also relevant are the FRs to separate tempo changes and time signature markers.

Last edited by juliansader; 02-10-2017 at 12:08 AM.
juliansader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 04:22 AM   #84
dimitris

Definitely not complaining here, you guys have done tremendous work! Just reporting problems that I experience - because I know you care.

New features sound very interesting!!
Old 02-15-2017, 04:43 PM   #85
Lokasenna

@juliansader - As per our discussion about it a week or two ago, I would suggest that In "Position and note length" mode, Quantize can not shorten notes is not actually Solved - the old behavior went away without any mention in the changelog, and it had already been available via "Note Ends" if memory serves.
Old 02-15-2017, 04:47 PM   #86
Lawrence

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Raym View Post
@David Perry, @dimitris

This is by design :/.
And technically, that makes it not a bug, true. Having said that, removing notes just because they're muted, when you merge two clips, has no practical purpose at all. It makes sense that if the user didn't delete them before he still wants them there for some reason and a daw should probably never assume things like that and throw away musical data.

It's not a bug because they never coded it to do that in the first place, and granted, there's legions of daw users who never quite get that clear distinction, but it is .. (arguably) semi-illogical behavior.
Lawrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 05:21 PM   #87
nofish

^^^
Quote:
v5.32 - January 17 2017
+ MIDI: preserve muted events during glue

(agreed to your post btw., so I'm happy it finally got changed)
nofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 06:48 PM   #88
Lawrence

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofish View Post
^^^

(agreed to your post btw., so I'm happy it finally got changed)

Cool.
Lawrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 10:46 PM   #89
blumpy

Default Video playback stunted after opening Subproject.

Video playback has been jerky the last few updates but it seems as if its only after opening a subproject. After that I have to restart reaper to fix.
blumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 01:57 AM   #90
EvilDragon

And what has that to do with MIDI?
EvilDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 11:14 AM   #91
Amack

Default Adequate Bug Report

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amack View Post
I believe that Reaper does not properly compensate MIDI for ASIO audio interface latency. The delay applied to live MIDI inputs that trigger Internal Virtual Instruments (Vis) is apparently determined by the ASIO buffer size rather than by the interface’s reported input latency. Also, live MIDI outputs are delayed by the sum of the interface’s reported input and output latencies rather than just its reported output latency.

DAW audio inputs and outputs are delayed by the audio interface’s input and output latencies. Since MIDI inputs aren’t, Reaper apparently adds delay to MIDI inputs and outputs in an attempt keep things synchronized during monitoring, recording, and playback. As shown in the attachment, Reaper delays MIDI input track recordings and any associated MIDI outputs by the reported input latency of the audio interface, but (incorrectly) only delays the triggering of internal virtual instruments (Vis) by the interface’s buffer size equivalency. This causes internal VIs to be prematurely triggered by the difference between the interface’s input latency and its buffer size equivalency during monitoring and recording. Also, rather than properly delaying MIDI outputs by the reported output latency of the interface, Reaper delays them by the sum of the reported input and output latencies. External VIs triggered by these MIDI outputs would experience an extra delay equal to the reported input latency during monitoring, recording, and playback.

Test Procedure
For this demonstration, a Roland TD-15K V-drum served as a MIDI (via USB) and audio (via audio output) source. ASIO4ALL was used with the computer’s internal sound “card” as the audio interface. A 1st generation Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 was used as a MIDI loopback device.

A microphone was used to trigger one of the TD-15 drum pads. Although it was recorded on Track 8, the TD-15’s audio was used as the time reference instead because it was quite well synchronized with the TD-15’s MIDI.
TD-15 MIDI was recorded on Track 1. TD-15 Audio was recorded on Track 2 and monitored and externally looped back for recording on Track 3.
TD-15 MIDI also triggered a MT-PowerDrumKit VSTi on Track 4. The VSTi’s output was monitored and externally looped back for recording on Track 5.
TD-15 MIDI was also output to the 6i6 on Track 6 for monitoring, external loopback, and recording on Track 7.

Both recordings were configured to “Use audio driver reported latency”. The first was with ASIO4ALL reporting latencies reflective of the actual input and output latencies. The second was with ASIO4ALL reporting incorrect latencies to demonstrate the problems.

Test Results
Track 1’s second recording shows that the MIDI input recording was delayed 20 milliseconds (ms) * 48k Samples/second (S/s) = 960S from that on the first recording – consistent with the reported input latency (ASIO4ALL’s “Latency Compensation In:”) increase.

The approximately 64 S (1.333 ms) delay between Track 3 and 5 in the first recording suggest that the triggering of the VSTi that produced Track 5 was delayed by the ASIO Buffer Size equivalency (2048 S / 48k S/s = 42.667 ms) rather than the total reported input latency (2048 S + 64 S) / 48k S/s + 1 ms = 45 ms. (This version of ASIO4ALL has and reports an additional 1 ms of input and output “Buffer Offset” latency over what is shown on its control panel slider.) The fact that Track 5 in the second recording experienced no additional delay verifies that.

Tracks 6 on the first recording shows that the MIDI input to output delay was the sum of the input buffer size equivalency and the reported output latency (42.667 + 45 = 87.667 ms). The second recording shows an additional delay of ~ 30 ms delay. The corresponding increase in reported latencies between the two recordings was (1024 + 512 – 2*64) S / 48k S/s = 29.33 ms (within the measurement accuracy).
Did I submit this "bug" report adequately and correctly?
Old 02-20-2017, 11:25 AM   #92
juliansader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amack View Post
Did I submit this "bug" report adequately and correctly?
Thank you for the detailed report! I have moved the report and its replies to a separate thread MIDI ASIO Latency Compensation Problems (REAPER v5.33/x64 Windows10), and I added it to the Bestiary.
Old 02-20-2017, 01:52 PM   #93
Amack

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliansader View Post
Thank you for the detailed report! I have moved the report and its replies to a separate thread MIDI ASIO Latency Compensation Problems (REAPER v5.33/x64 Windows10), and I added it to the Bestiary.
Thank you sir! Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.
Old 02-21-2017, 04:43 PM   #94
X-Raym

@juliansader
Hi !
How can we sent you Private Message ?
X-Raym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 07:55 PM   #95
Tod

I've run into a problem with notes not showing the velocity and note names. At this point it's only one project, and I first noticed it today. It's strange, because there seems to be no way for me to get the velocity and note names back on.

I thought I'd post it here in case anyone else has run across it or knows why it's happening.
Tod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 07:26 AM   #96
Robert Johnson III

Quote:
If I may venture a guess, the tempo envelope / time signature bugs will probably be the biggest workflow killers, since orchestral compositions employ lots of subtle tempo variations.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByE...ew?usp=sharing

Don't dismiss the rock/pop guys/girls... Instead of recording I was chasing my tail with some of these issues the past few weeks. Those bugs are definitely workflow (switch DAW) killers.

REAPER is tweakers heaven, but the moment I press the record button I run into "trouble" (again).

https://soundcloud.com/mytopia

Last edited by Robert Johnson III; 04-25-2017 at 04:18 PM. Reason: include clip
Robert Johnson III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 01:50 PM   #97
Amack

Quote:
I just posted some more information on that thread.
Old 05-23-2017, 03:45 PM   #98
elcappucino

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjaxis View Post
Steps to reproduce:

1. Start play and then press record MIDI, so left edge of MIDI item not start on grid division.
2. Quantize recorded notes 100% by grid.
3. Zoom in maximum to left edge of any quantized note.
4. See that note start is not on grid, a bit earlier or later.
5. Snap left edge of item to grid and glue.
6. Now see on notes like in p.4 - they now start on grid.
This drives me absolutely crazy. This happens even when the MIDI item starts on the grid.

EDIT:

I think I know why this is happening:

It happens automatically when I select "record: input (audio or MIDI)."
Doesn't happen when selecting "record: MIDI overdub" or "record: output (MIDI)."

EDIT2: Ah, it only happens when recording with "preserve PDC delayed monitoring" though. Thanks btw, Julian.
Attached Images
File Type: png reaper strange.PNG (4.2 KB, 1346 views)

Last edited by elcappucino; 05-24-2017 at 09:11 AM.
elcappucino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 07:46 AM   #99
ChrisBlue

Default Missing in Musical Notation

I am finding that sometimes when I punch-in with a pedal through the Nektar P1 when recording the Pianoteq5, there are apparent repeats of a note or chord in rapid succession like a quick echo (i.e. repeated almost instantaneously though only once ). I tried to edit this out by going into musical notation mode in the MIDI editor but there is no sign of the repeated note/chord so seemingly no way to remove it. Can anyone explain what's happening and suggest a solution please? Using 64 bit version of Pianoteq5 VSTi
ChrisBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 07:46 AM   #100
midiman007

Default Aftertouch Name

Ok I think I found an inconstancy in naming of midi events.
In the midi event view channel after touch is shown as channel after touch in the piano view it's named channel pressure.

Last edited by midiman007; 11-29-2018 at 11:39 AM.
midiman007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 05:28 PM   #101
midiman007

Quote:
Originally Posted by midiman007 View Post
Ok I think I found an inconstancy in naming of midi events.
In the midi event view channel after touch is shown as channel after touch in the piano view it's named channel pressure.
Thanks for the fix on pre 60.I thought this went unheard.

MIDI editor: label channel pressure messages consistently (not "channel aftertouch") p=1884306]

Please correct me if I am wrong but shouldn't it be called Channel Aftertouch?

I do not see Channel pressure on the midi cc list any where on the internet.

I think it should follow the industry standard midi names schema,

Also I think this might help from the thread I read that Justinlander was trying to move Reaper in the way of orchestration. Since that would be extensive wind instruments.

Last edited by midiman007; 09-17-2017 at 06:26 PM.
Old 09-18-2017, 01:00 AM   #102
EvilDragon

Quote:
I do not see Channel pressure on the midi cc list any where on the internet.
You're not looking in the right places

https://www.midi.org/specifications/...f-midi-message

Polyphonic Key Pressure (Aftertouch)
Channel Pressure (Aftertouch)

So, the industry standard says it's fine to use both
Old 09-18-2017, 04:57 AM   #103
midiman007

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilDragon View Post
You're not looking in the right places

https://www.midi.org/specifications/...f-midi-message

Polyphonic Key Pressure (Aftertouch)
Channel Pressure (Aftertouch)

So, the industry standard says it's fine to use both
OK thanks for the info.

Do you think we can add the parentheses?

Channel Pressure (After-touch)

I just checked Cakewalk and Cubase they are both listing it as aftertouch.
and before you make a wise crack emoji ( and stick your tongue out )
I know this is reaper but if other DAWs are saying aftertouch it might make sense to a user who migrates from Cakewalk or Cubase to reaper to stay in the naming schema.

( The object of software ( Reaper ) is not to confuse a user, it to make migration easier. )

Last edited by midiman007; 09-18-2017 at 06:01 PM. Reason: Adding a few things
Old 09-19-2017, 04:05 PM   #104
ivansc

(grin) no emoticon, but if you look in the resources/off-planet mining section there is a specific section/download file for sonar refugees - I was one & still have a very recent version of Sonar3 installed.

And this isn`t a wisecrack telling you to learn Reaper - if you want things labelled the same as Cubase, Sonar, WHY, I guess you could probably acheive this within reaper by scripting or similar, but deciding everyone else should change to what YOU are used to is a bit thoughtless, isnt it?

Like I said at the top, no flame intended.

Plus (elephant in the room alert) the link that ED posted refers to the official MID spec, so this is logically THE definition. Not all MIDI data is generated by an actual keyboard with aftertouch, after all.
Old 09-19-2017, 04:25 PM   #105
midiman007

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivansc View Post
(grin) no emoticon, but if you look in the resources/off-planet mining section there is a specific section/download file for sonar refugees - I was one & still have a very recent version of Sonar3 installed.

And this isn`t a wisecrack telling you to learn Reaper - if you want things labelled the same as Cubase, Sonar, WHY, I guess you could probably acheive this within reaper by scripting or similar, but deciding everyone else should change to what YOU are used to is a bit thoughtless, isnt it?

Like I said at the top, no flame intended.

Plus (elephant in the room alert) the link that ED posted refers to the official MID spec, so this is logically THE definition. Not all MIDI data is generated by an actual keyboard with aftertouch, after all.
I appreciate the conversation with out flaming. It's really fine with me either way it was only a suggestion. It's really up to Justin and Schwa as to the way it should be.

I can get used to it. For me to write a script to modify it, I am not a scripter in no shape or form. Just like to make music and really don't want the hassle of writing scripts. Music is my stress relief.

I am scratching my head on this line though > but deciding everyone else should change to what YOU are used. It's not really what I am use too, but what all other programs list it as. It's not me it's other users.

I have used both Cakewalk and Cubase and after a really nice trial period with Reaper ( which and can not thank Justin enough for ) I purchased Reaper.
Old 09-19-2017, 04:40 PM   #106
schwa
Administrator

It's not uncommon to use "polyphonic aftertouch" and "channel pressure" to disambiguate between these messages, fwiw.
schwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 05:40 PM   #107
midiman007

Quote:
Originally Posted by schwa View Post
It's not uncommon to use "polyphonic aftertouch" and "channel pressure" to disambiguate between these messages, fwiw.
Fine with me, you and Justin are the boss.
Just expressing my opinion and what I have seen on several different daw's.

Do you think in the upcoming version we can make the midi editor a little nicer to look at with out consuming a lot of GUI / CPU power?
Old 09-19-2017, 11:42 PM   #108
EvilDragon

You can already theme the MIDI editor a great deal...
Old 10-04-2017, 11:54 PM   #109
Azzar

Can you add this one to the list?

Quantize to grid actions not working as intended:
https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=195804
Azzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 11:29 AM   #110
Paulo

Default channel bug

I experience a new bug since version 5.50. When listening stereo playback in version 5.40 I could hear both channels. Since 5.50 I only get left channel (Windows 7 64 bits). Anyone get this bug too ?
Paulo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 11:51 AM   #111
dimitris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulo View Post
I experience a new bug since version 5.50. When listening stereo playback in version 5.40 I could hear both channels. Since 5.50 I only get left channel (Windows 7 64 bits). Anyone get this bug too ?
Are you referring to your master output? Hmmm... Maybe check your Audio Device Output Range in Preferences. If by some reason this is set to From Output 1 to Output 1 of your audio device, you'd get signal only from the left channel.
Old 10-14-2017, 03:21 PM   #112
midiman007

Quote:
I do not know what audio device you have I have a pro 40 and my outputs need to be selected. Outputs 1 and 2 check that. I have not had an issue with only hearing the left channel.
Old 10-15-2017, 02:04 PM   #113
Paulo

Default channel bug

Hi Dimitris and midiman007, you were right on the spot, I forgot to check the audio device output settings and they were set to "last = output 1". That was it. Thanks a lot !
Old 10-15-2017, 03:00 PM   #114
dimitris

You're welcome.
Old 10-15-2017, 03:57 PM   #115
midiman007

Quote:
Hi Dimitris and midiman007, you were right on the spot, I forgot to check the audio device output settings and they were set to "last = output 1". That was it. Thanks a lot !
You are most welcome glad I could help.:-)
Old 10-19-2017, 05:39 AM   #116
midiman007

Quote:
If you are an adventurous bard, eager to gain experience points and level up, MIDI editing can be an exciting quest: Fight monstrous bugs! Find clever workarounds to mysterious and inexplicable phenomena!

Otherwise, Abandon all hope, ye who enter here. The piano roll has practically been abandoned by the devs, and bug fixes are few and far between.

Following on from A Bestiary of MIDI Bugs for v5.25.

(Please do not report new bugs in this thread; rather, create a separate thread with a descriptive title.)

Bugs that affect ReaScript performance and user experience
Sluggishness: REAPER's audio engine is famously efficient and optimized. Sadly, the piano roll is the opposite, and it's getting worse and worse: v5.40 is THREE TIMES slower than v5.00! This negatively impacts ReaScript responsiveness:
Recent versions get terribly bogged down when multiple takes visible in MIDI editor
Standard toolbar arming cannot be used in CC lanes:
Actions armed by right-clicking toolbar button do not work in CC lane

Multi-channel MIDI editing
Most of the channel-related bugs were fixed in v5.30. This one somehow remains:
Bullets in channel dropdown list always show channel 1 being used

Regions and the tempo envelope
Region moving/copying is completely unreliable if there are any tempo changes nearby. A major culprit is improper handling of edge points: When a region begins or ends with linear tempo segments, or is moved/copied into a linear segment, two points should be inserted at each edge point to preserve tempo envelope inside and outside region. REAPER fails to do so.
When moving/copying region, part to right of new region loses time signature (duplicate report)
Moving regions drops multiple copies of existing tempo markers
When duplicating regions, grid ends up out of sync
Moving region across tempo change drops notes
Copying/moving regions causes tempo changes and time sigs to lose beat positions, even if timebase=beats, whether using linear or square tempo changes.
Sometimes, REAPER does not realize that an edge point is actually inside the Region: Tempo marker on first beat of region does not move with region

Other tempo envelope and time signatures bugs
Important tip: As discussed here and here (and elsewhere), the tempo map can easily get screwed up if options such as the following are not carefully and correctly set:
* Timesig markers "Allow partial measures",
* Add edge points when ripple editing or inserting time,
* Timebase for tempo envelope,
* Timebase for MIDI items.
One of the most common complaints concerns timesig markers jumping around. This is usually the result of "Allow partial measures" = OFF, combined with Timebase for tempo = Time.

"Create new measure from time selection" alters tempo at *end* of time selection
"Insert empty space" deletes time signature at start of time selection
Select/Copy/Delete "points in time selection" unreliable - depends on how time selection was drawn
Gradual tempo changes: gridline display/snapping and envelope pasting issues
Inserting new tempo point changes value/shape of envelope
Inserting square tempo point into linear envelope creates weird new timesig changes
MIDI either exporting or importing tempo maps incorrectly
Ripple edit of tempo map persists after switching off ripple edit

Quantization and snapping
Quantize window applies wrong settings to non-active tracks
Quantize moving items which are already on the beat [perhaps expired - no recent confirmations]
When just opened, Quantize window shows "Triplet", but "Straight" is applied
When using "CC selection follows note selection" to coordinate notes and CCs, CCs follow manual note movements but not note quantization
Snapping to time position after linear tempo transition when the previous tempo marker does not fall on the grid
"Quantize notes position to grid" uses "Strength" setting from main Quantize window (for that we have the "Quantize ... last quantize dialog settings" actions)

MIDI note names
Note names not displaying in first track
Midi note name files not merging
Actions and menu items to change CC names misleadingly refer only to "note names"

Stuck notes and missing note-offs
Record settings: Input quantize results in stuck MIDI notes
Stuck notes when playing MIDI through VSTi - perhaps due to reaperhost bridge? (and perhaps also reported here)
Note-off not sent when using replace/enclose and a note overlaps the start of the enclosing item
"Send all notes off to all MIDI outputs/plug-ins" action is unreliable
Stuck notes can be caused by doing certain unusual edits *during* playback

Mouse modifiers and editing actions
Win key is not available as modifier for mousewheel shortcuts
Deselection: Mouse-click in CC lane still automatically deselects all events, even if "No action" is selected
Deselection: Left-click on MIDI note deselects all events, even if "No action" is selected
Velocity lane: "Erase event" mouse modifier does not work in velocity lane
Velocity lane: Cannot edit velocity of single note in a chord [Perhaps solved?]
Short notes: "Erase notes" with left-drag skips short or zoomed-out notes
When changing note length, mouse position and note edge sometimes don't match
Actions "Add previous/next note to selection" sometimes get stuck or slip notes

Artefacts when gluing MIDI items
R4.78 creates CCs when Gluing...!
If using large PPQ, note position and length change by thousands of ticks when gluing

MIDI editor window management
Docked MIDI Editor not positioned correctly until resized
Toolbar buttons for child windows such as Event Properties and Humanize behave inconsistently
MIDI editor loses focus after closing script GUI or contextual toolbar
Shortcut key in docked MIDI editor doesn't work after clicking MIDI toolbar
Docked toolbar steals focus
MIDI editor resizes itself after creating new MIDI item

Child windows disappear offscreen: MIDI Problem Transpose and Selecting "View -> Transpose..." doesn't open the transpose dialog box
The disappearing window problem seems to involve two separate bugs:
* REAPER does not check the screen resolution before opening windows offscreen, and
* the "Cascade all floating windows" action does not work for some windows.
(This bug also affects non-MIDI windows such as the script/JSFX IDE, script GUIs, and the ReaScript console.)

(Continued in next post...)
The piano roll has practically been abandoned by the devs, and bug fixes are few and far between.

Is this for real?
Old 10-20-2017, 04:48 PM   #117
Tod

Quote:
The piano roll has practically been abandoned by the devs, and bug fixes are few and far between.

Is this for real?
I don't know about that, but I have a number of issues with the ME. One is that the window does not scroll properly at all.

Usually when I start a new project it scrolls just fine, but for some reason, it don't take too long and it doesn't scroll any more.

I'm aware of the problem with the ME track list up, but even without it, it will not scroll. The biggest problem is that this is kind of a random thing.

Am I missing a preference somewhere?
Tod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 01:17 AM   #118
ivansc

Tod - finally got my head around this. IF (like I was) you are used to controlling using the pause button, you will find scrolling gets a bit iffy. but if you start using the stop button returning to "where you were" after an edit will keep on keeping on as needed. Hope this helps but it does take some geetting used to! Might be nice if there was a way to toggle the stop/pause behaviour.
Old 10-21-2017, 02:23 AM   #119
juliansader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tod View Post
Usually when I start a new project it scrolls just fine, but for some reason, it don't take too long and it doesn't scroll any more.
I am not quite sure what you mean by "doesn't scroll any more" -- could you elaborate a bit?

If you are referring to scrolling during playback, one possible cause is doing edits while playing: when you do an edit (even just selecting a new note), REAPER tries to be helpful by not scrolling away from the edit position.

(There is of course also an option "View: Toggle auto-view-scroll on playback" that has to be active.)
Old 10-23-2017, 11:29 PM   #120
Paulo

Default POOLEDENVATTACH

I was on Reaper 5.40 before and using ReaEQ and ReaVerb as FX usually on project tracks. Since I am on 5.52, each time I open a project from 5.40 version with those FX tracks, I get a message at open time saying an element is missing : POOLEDENVATTACH, and then the open process reload the 5.40 version and gets away from 5.52. Any clue why this is happening and what to do to stay on using 5.52 ?