Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER General Discussion Forum

Old 10-07-2017, 07:13 PM   #81
Tod
Human being with feelings

Okay, got it going, I had to "Clear the cache and rescan", but it's there now. Geesh, what a riga-moral, now to check it out.

Thanks to all of you that helped me, it was your suggestions that got me there.
Tod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 07:31 PM   #82
Goldreap

Our pleasure sir....and I'd say that in your last screenshot the 1 activation in the local panel (your computer) on the left refers to Stereo Room...but the info on the right is just for the current logged in user...to see Stereo Room on the right you would have to be logged in as a different user..I think there is a procedure where you could de-activate Stereo Room on user acc 1 then re-activate it on user acc 2, then close acc 1. (I'm assuming you do have two accounts?). Anyway, I'd be interested to hear what you think of the plugin.

Last edited by Goldreap; 10-07-2017 at 07:39 PM.
Goldreap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 07:41 PM   #83
PitchSlap

Just a heads up that they also just released a crazy new limiter called Elevate.

You can "upgrade" to it from a free EQuivovate license for $79 until the end of the month, or $64 from Plugin Discounts which seems amazingly cheap for what it is.

https://plugindiscounts.com/product/...undle-upgrade/

Early reviews on GS are that it's the greatest thing since sliced bread, but early hype is common, and I haven't had time to form an opinion yet.

Either way it's definitely worth checking out, can demo for a few weeks and still get it at a discount.
Old 10-07-2017, 07:43 PM   #84
Glennbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tod View Post
I'm not sure Softsynth, I did uninstall iLok a while back, so I reinstalled again.

This is how my iLok manager looks now, but I'm still not seeing it in my FX. I do have their dlls in my VST FX folder, for both VST2 and VST3.

EDIT: I also restarted my computer.
Have you right clicked on the Eventide line in the right window while logged into your iLok account? When I did that on my system, it gave me the option to activate the plugin to either my computer, or to put the activation on my iLok dongle.

I did both the install of the plugin and the activation on iLok at the same time, and it seems to work OK in Reaper.
Glennbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 10:09 PM   #85
Jeffsounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgemeal View Post
Hmmm, Seems pretty tame here, no problems at all...
Intel i7-3770/Asus Z77/UMC204HD(24/48Khz)
Reaper v5.52 x64
EQuivocate v1.02 (VST3 version)
Win7/x64

EQuivocate: Max CPU usage:
All defaults, 26 bands: 0.60%.
Jeremy Lubsey-Tame Low End, 8 bands, 0.44% (in image).

VST3 or 2 immediately jumps to 10+ here.

Win 7 PRO X64

Latest Reaper x64

Intel(R) D CPU 3.40GHz 3.39 Ghz

4GB Ram
Old 10-08-2017, 06:03 AM   #86
foxAsteria

What ended up solving this for me was to clear the plugin cache and rescan.

The problem was I didn't have the iLok software running when Reaper first scanned the plugin, and apparently it got blacklisted after that. So after I cleared the cache, I made sure the activation software was running and Reaper found it that time.
Old 10-08-2017, 06:44 AM   #87
bjclulu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffsounds View Post
VST3 or 2 immediately jumps to 10+ here.

Win 7 PRO X64

Latest Reaper x64

Intel(R) D CPU 3.40GHz 3.39 Ghz

4GB Ram
Maybe open UI . close UI
the CPU usage is different
bjclulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 08:12 AM   #88
jazzmandan

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxAsteria View Post
What ended up solving this for me was to clear the plugin cache and rescan.

The problem was I didn't have the iLok software running when Reaper first scanned the plugin, and apparently it got blacklisted after that. So after I cleared the cache, I made sure the activation software was running and Reaper found it that time.
Ditto that, same exact thing here. Bad news it it took a while to get all my VST's back, but on the other hand some came back which I had long ago lost.
"significantly better than bad..." - Dell XPS i7, 16G Ram, Win 10 64Bit, REAPER 64Bit, MOTU Audio Express, PG Music - BIAB 2020, Kontakt 5, more VSTs than I know what to do with. Will trade all to play the guitar and keys better!
jazzmandan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 08:48 AM   #89
Softsynth

Sostenuto,
Tod got it working, see top of page. Well done Tod.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sostenuto View Post
First one worked, but whew!! 2nd was first time in memory went over 100% on Reaper Perf Meter and crackled like crazy!! Just deleted Demo and freebie EQuivocate on suspect watch !!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Softsynth View Post
I will download it and give it a go tomorrow.
Just loaded Elevate into an old softsynth project. 12 stereo tracks (not counting the FX).
Created master track receiving from all of them.
Just tried the VST version and the CPU use shoots up 20% according to Task Manager. Pretty hungry.

Looked for a VST3 version in Reaper and noticed it is mono only. Maybe I installed it wrong? - haven't read the manual so cheerfully shoot this messenger if you like.

Haven't tried the free EQ yet.
Softsynth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 09:17 AM   #90
sostenuto

Quote:
Sostenuto,
Tod got it working, see top of page. Well done Tod.

Just loaded Elevate into an old softsynth project. 12 stereo tracks (not counting the FX).
Created master track receiving from all of them.
Just tried the VST version and the CPU use shoots up 20% according to Task Manager. Pretty hungry.

Looked for a VST3 version in Reaper and noticed it is mono only. Maybe I installed it wrong? - haven't read the manual so cheerfully shoot this messenger if you like.

Haven't tried the free EQ yet.
OK _ deleted Tod post.
Will check my VST3 shortly for mono ...

Seems to be wide variation in how 'Elevate' impacts CPU load ??? Will try again.

Now really wondering, as Plugin Discount Upgrade deal @ $63.59 seems darned attractive right now ??

Last edited by sostenuto; 10-08-2017 at 09:35 AM.
sostenuto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 09:34 AM   #91
Edgemeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjclulu View Post
Maybe open UI . close UI
Doesn't make any difference here (still using about 0.45%), I guess my GPU (AMD Radeon 6670 DDR3) is doing all the OpenGL work? Some others report high cpu usage on kvraudio forum, The plugin author replied he may provide a total Open GL off mode...
https://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewt...77097#p6877097

EDIT: EQuivocate CPU usage is actually more like 0.38%.
0.07% of that 0.45% is an instance of 'JS: Event Horizon Limiter/Clipper' running duh!

Last edited by Edgemeal; 10-10-2017 at 05:14 PM.
Edgemeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 09:47 AM   #92
Softsynth

Quote:
Originally Posted by sostenuto View Post
OK _ deleted Tod post.
Will check my VST3 shortly for mono ...

Seems to be wide variation in how 'Elevate' impacts CPU load ??? Will try again.

Now really wondering, as Plugin Discount Upgrade deal @ $63.59 seems darned attractive right now ??
Just swapped it from that dedicated separate receive track to slapping it straight onto the master track. The result was about the same, maybe 1% less, if anything. 20% CPU hit when all 12 stereo tracks are software synthesizers *
This is a finished track with automation for volume and some panning (should make a difference thinking about it).

Here's a glowing review:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjNCeoXbdd8

* I tried several different projects it uses around roughly 20% CPU on this machine, whatever the projects. Similar results are only to be expected I suppose as it is a mastering plugin.
Different presets and changing settings produced same results.

Last edited by Softsynth; 10-08-2017 at 03:37 PM.
Old 10-08-2017, 09:59 AM   #93
sostenuto

Quote:
Just swapped it from that dedicated separate receive track to slapping it straight onto the master track. The result was about the same, maybe 1% less, if anything. 20% CPU hit when all 12 stereo tracks are software synthesizers.
This is a finished track with automation for volume and some panning.

Here's a glowing review:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjNCeoXbdd8
Krantzberg reviews for both are cool. Many THX !
sostenuto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 10:44 AM   #94
Glennbo

I just finished mixing and mastering a song a friend of mine wrote and used this EQ on the master bus. I decided to try out the "Match EQ" function, so I temporarily put the whole song in a folder, moved the EQ to that sub then imported a Steely Dan track (Godwhacker) into a track. Once all that was done, I side-chained the Steely Dan track to the EQ and hit Match EQ. As the song rolled, it tweaked the sliders and after a couple seconds I removed the side-chain, removed the imported Steely track, and moved the EQ back onto the master.

Once I had the "Steely Dan Curve" on the master, I made some very slight adjustments to it, and mixed it down. I am pretty impressed with the Match EQ function after using only for a short while.
Glennbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 01:11 PM   #95
Jeffsounds

I'm getting confused here. We're talking about 2 different VST? Equivocate and Elevate and just for the record Equivocate is the one that eats up my CPU. I don't have Elevate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjclulu View Post
Maybe open UI . close UI
Nope. Pretty much the same here.

Quote:
Doesn't make any difference here (still using about 0.45%), I guess my GPU (AMD Radeon 6670 DDR3) is doing all the OpenGL work? Some others report high cpu usage on kvraudio forum, The plugin author replied he may provide a total Open GL off mode...
https://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewt...77097#p6877097
Sometimes I wonder if my video card might have something to do with the CPU hit of some plugs as well as the crackles and pops.
Old 10-10-2017, 02:03 PM   #96
thehipcola

This plugin has really impressed me. I think I love the predefined 26 band MEL frequencies - they aren't frequencies I'd necessarily think of using, so a little tweak here and there sounds really fresh to my ears. Haven't used the MATCH function yet - but that's pretty neat.

Have also been demo'ing the Elevate limiter - and it's blowing my mind. Not sure I totally have it figured out/dialed in, but loving the results I'm getting fwiw.
thehipcola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 04:30 PM   #97
Edgemeal

Looks like EQuivocate was updated again, to v1.0.5
https://www.eventideaudio.com/suppor...598/installers

from, https://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewt...70bf4#p6892109
EQuivocate 1.0.5 is now available which fixes some OpenGL rendering issues, and allows you to turn off OpenGL entirely if needed. If you were experiencing extreme CPU load, or sliders that don't show up, release 1.0.5 should fix your problems.
Old 10-11-2017, 08:22 AM   #98
Simonblarkin

Thank you for the heads up. I just downloaded it now so gonna play with it tonight.
Simonblarkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 09:36 AM   #99
Edgemeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfillion View Post
The VST and VST3 versions are eating a few MB of memory every time the transport is toggled here. The AU version seems fine though.

Seems to be fixed in v1.05, care to check?
Old 10-11-2017, 10:09 AM   #100
Stella645

Quote:
Seems to be fixed in v1.05, care to check?
Certainly here on Windows 10 the new release has fixed this issue.
Stella645 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 12:39 PM   #101
Tod

Quote:
Looks like EQuivocate was updated again, to v1.0.5
https://www.eventideaudio.com/suppor...598/installers
Thanks Edgemeal.

Also thought I'd mention, I used this plugin for the first time today. I had it on an acoustic guitar and set it up with a side chain from another acoustic that I liked the sound of. I was thoroughly surprised how well it did.
Old 10-11-2017, 12:47 PM   #102
Softsynth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tod View Post
Thanks Edgemeal.

Also thought I'd mention, I used this plugin for the first time today. I had it on an acoustic guitar and set it up with a side chain from another acoustic that I liked the sound of. I was thoroughly surprised how well it did.
That's an interesting idea for blending
Old 10-11-2017, 12:52 PM   #103
Jeffsounds

Still uses a bunch of CPU but while switching between different presets I noticed that the CPU usage is different for each preset... is that just me or is that weird?
Old 10-12-2017, 12:25 PM   #104
Edgemeal

Quote:
Still uses a bunch of CPU but while switching between different presets I noticed that the CPU usage is different for each preset... is that just me or is that weird?
The plugin does use a tad more CPU with more bands, but its not all that much. I tried v1.05 on my other PC, an i5-3570 w/on-die GPU, 8GB ram, Reaper 5.40, Win10. 26 band ~ 1.60%, 3 band ~ 0.86%. No problems at all.

IOW if that 4GB of ram you have is enough, and maybe Windows is using the swap file which would probably be really bad for DAW performance.
Old 10-12-2017, 12:59 PM   #105
future fields

So apparently these company has a new mastering limiter that is the bees knees and really wiping the floor with all the other limiters

Ill be trying it... soon
future fields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 08:35 PM   #106
Tod

The other day I mentioned I had EQuivovate on an acoustic guitar and set it up with a side chain from another acoustic that I liked the sound of. I was happily surprised how well it did.

Since my client doesn't have EQuivovate, I decided to just render the acoustic guitar tracks as stems using "Full speed offline". I couldn't believe how slow the render was. It was faster than "Online render", but not a lot.

I'm not complaining, just making comment.
Old 10-12-2017, 09:21 PM   #107
Jeffsounds

Quote:
The plugin does use a tad more CPU with more bands, but its not all that much. I tried v1.05 on my other PC, an i5-3570 w/on-die GPU, 8GB ram, Reaper 5.40, Win10. 26 band ~ 1.60%, 3 band ~ 0.86%. No problems at all.
I would gladly settle for those numbers in place of 10.00+ I'm getting now...

Quote:
IOW if that 4GB of ram you have is enough, and maybe Windows is using the swap file which would probably be really bad for DAW performance.
Maybe it's just your wording but I have no idea what that means...
Old 10-13-2017, 08:44 AM   #108
Edgemeal

Quote:
I would gladly settle for those numbers in place of 10.00+ I'm getting now...

Maybe it's just your wording but I have no idea what that means...
Can only suggest you do some research, memory usage, virtual memory, etc, as far as swap file quick search found this from pcworld,
Virtual memory, also known as the swap file, uses part of your hard drive to effectively expand your RAM, allowing you to run more programs than it could otherwise handle. But a hard drive is much slower than RAM, so it can really hurt performance.

If you don't have any problems normally then I would just not use EQuivovate and move on. Good Luck!
Old 10-13-2017, 12:15 PM   #109
Jeffsounds

Quote:
Can only suggest you do some research, memory usage, virtual memory, etc, as far as swap file quick search found this from pcworld,
Virtual memory, also known as the swap file, uses part of your hard drive to effectively expand your RAM, allowing you to run more programs than it could otherwise handle. But a hard drive is much slower than RAM, so it can really hurt performance.
Ok, I know what VM is, but have never heard it referred to as swap file so that threw me.

I think I actually have more than recommended allotted...

Quote:
If you don't have any problems normally then I would just not use EQuivovate and move on. Good Luck!
Yep. Looks like that's where I'm at...

Appreciate your time!
Old 10-14-2017, 05:12 AM   #110
Never

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivansc View Post
Tod - it should just give you the iLok Manager software, which is how you actually install and authorise the software. You can probably uninstall it once you have the plug auth`ed since it just uses you iLok account to verify, not the dongle.
If you use something like ioBit`s Uninstaller free - it will remove everything including any sneaky stuff iLok slide in on the side, so you could at least try it for very little effort.
Yikes...I would be very careful and set a restore point before I even thought about uninstalling pace.
Never is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 06:57 AM   #111
DeathByGuitar

Glad to see that my most popular post is about a free plugin giveaway! I haven't used it at all yet but I grabbed it because I'm a VST glutton. Muahahahahahahahaa!!!!!
DeathByGuitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 09:42 PM   #112
RDBOIS
Banned

I decided to try it.

Inserted a track i recorded with a cheap microphone playing the acoustic guitar. Inserted Eventide Vst (64bit .dll),

Loaded up Mother from Pink Floyd, cut out a small bit where there is only one acoustic guitar playing, routed that track to 3/4 sidechain of the vst on my guitar track,

Clicked MATCH

Watched the freq sliders move magically as the crappy sound of my guitar started to sound more like Pink Floyd's acoustic guitar.

I'm impressed. CPU usage was 8%; a bit much, but I would render the track and toss out the plugin thereafter, so not a big deal.

So... For those who enjoy listening to such things here are three clips:

1- my guitar raw : https://www.dropbox.com/s/f1rvcodsqx...itRaw.mp3?dl=0

2- my guitar after the matching sidechain in the vst plugin: https://www.dropbox.com/s/m3dgcdb0rx...MATCH.mp3?dl=0

3- the reference pinkfloyd sample: https://www.dropbox.com/s/i7mes73uow...ample.mp3?dl=0

Here is the EQ that the vst produced to match the guitars:

Not a perfect fit sound wise, but hey, not the same quality of guitar, microphone, different key of song, etc... And I didn't even play around with the EQ to get closer, didn't add reverb or any other effects that may help.

Hmmmm... Looking at the graph of the EQ I can see some big cuts were made; up to -12bd in some places. This is very educational for me, seeing that recently I've been questioning myself about what kind of EQ cuts are needed to get my sound closer to something professional. I had suspected some big cuts were needed, but felt awkward doing this kind of drastic EQing... NOw I won't be so shy anymore. It is what it is.

RDBOIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 11:46 PM   #113
grinder

Hi all
I just wondered I have been searching however I could not find the answer
Are we able to update this plugin just by installing the new update or do we need to uninstall the older version?
I see there have been a few updates since.
Many thanks

Grinder
grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 12:29 AM   #114
ivansc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Never View Post
Yikes...I would be very careful and set a restore point before I even thought about uninstalling pace.
Yeah but in TOD`S CASE THIS IS THE only THING HE IS PLANNING ON INSTALLING THAT USES IlOK, SO NO BIG DEAL IF HE uninstalls the lot.
Arthritis bad today & as usual I cant touch typoe, sorry

P.S. It is now up to version 1.06 & I am now dithering about over whether or not to spend the $68 on the "upgrade"..... Like most eventide plugs it is ugly but impressive.
Old 10-25-2017, 04:47 AM   #115
Judders

Quote:
Originally Posted by grinder View Post
Hi all
I just wondered I have been searching however I could not find the answer
Are we able to update this plugin just by installing the new update or do we need to uninstall the older version?
I see there have been a few updates since.
Many thanks

Grinder
On Mac the new install overwrites the old one. I presume Windows is the same, but couldn't guarantee it.
Judders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 06:55 AM   #116
Softsynth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judders View Post
On Mac the new install overwrites the old one. I presume Windows is the same, but couldn't guarantee it.
It is the same. The install sorts it all out for you.
Old 10-25-2017, 07:04 AM   #117
Softsynth

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivansc View Post
P.S. It is now up to version 1.06 & I am now dithering about over whether or not to spend the $68 on the "upgrade"..... Like most eventide plugs it is ugly but impressive.
Yes, I feel this is a strange mistake on their part. No one should need to say "don't judge a book by it's cover" in 2017!

People expect commercial products to be well presented, not look like they belong on a Commodore 64.
I know it is a busy plugin but they could easily make it more visually appealing.
The vast majority of their customers will be hobbyists, not pros. Eventide should make these plugins look good if they wish to inspire confidence.
Old 10-25-2017, 10:41 AM   #118
grinder

Many thanks Judders..
Well I did not know the updates would cost not much updated .....?

Grinder
grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 10:46 AM   #119
Judders

Quote:
Originally Posted by grinder View Post
Many thanks Judders..
Well I did not know the updates would cost not much updated .....?

Grinder
As far as I know, it doesn't cost anything to update Equivocate EQ to the latest version, I think Ivan was talking about the upgrade path to the Elevate mastering bundle that owners of the free Equivocate plugin can buy.
Judders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 01:37 PM   #120
ivansc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judders View Post
I think Ivan was talking about the upgrade path to the Elevate mastering bundle that owners of the free Equivocate plugin can buy.
...which is why I wrote "upgrade" and NOT "update".

Hey! I have a new acronym!

RWIWANWYTIW - sounds like a Romanian breakfast cereal if you pronounce it correctly.