Old 09-10-2019, 06:02 PM   #161
Infrabass
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by doppelganger View Post
@Infrabass
1.cmd+MB: on some effect should open fxchain window
2.control+MB: should show context menu (there's 3 context menus, 1 at the top , 1 at fx column and 1 at sends column)
3.control+cmd+MB/control+cmd+drag MB: should select 1 or more effects on 1 track, you can then move/copy/bypass/offline selected effects with other shortcuts
4.control+cmd+shift+MB/control+cmd+shift+drag MB: allows you select effects on multiple tracks, but effects selected with multi-track marks can be used only for bypassing.
5. hold control+shift+MB shows big tooltip with generic info about effects on a track
That was quick!!
A big thank you doppelganger! It's amazing and already used all the day long!
You deserve a lot more than my thank though. Still no donate link?

I can confirm the feedback from PhelixK, everything is working perfectly except for me the tooltips shortcut.

Quote:
@Infrabass
P.S. I used mac for awhile long time ago and was really curious, how do you, guys, use mouse with one button, it's so frustrating, it's like having hands with 1 finger, lol. Sorry, could not hold myself
Haha! I'm asking myself the same thing regarding other mouses.
I cannot live without the vertical + horizontal scroll of the magic mouse 2!
And yeah there is a right click on the magic mouse 2. I agree with you having only one click is a no no!

Also I don't want to insist too much but what about the possibility to mod your script?
:-)
For exemple, I will set the script to open the FX window in a exclusive mode and use a keyboard shortcut to open an FX window without closing the others. (99% of the time I only need one FX window open)

Take care!
Infrabass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 06:06 PM   #162
Infrabass

PS: I'm gonna talk about your script to a lot of people.
It's a shame that only a few people know about it!
Did you contact Jon Tidley from The Reaper Blog?
Maybe he could showcased your script as he did with Radial Menu from Lokasenna?
Old 09-10-2019, 07:36 PM   #163
PhelixK

I played around with the script a little more here in v6 alpha theme/dev version.
As you can see in the gif, info-tooltip works fine on mac using [Ctr+Shift] +Hold.

Some other things comes to mind, I hope you can use the feedback;

I would prefer an option to have only the large info-box available, no need for tooltip at the same time (imo it becomes too cluttered)

I believe a little more air in-between pre/post sends symbols and the channel number would be good. Now they are very close and rather hard to decode.

Inside Sends panel I’m able to change text into green color (showed halfway in gif), but what is it supposed to do when tinted?

Would be really cool if multiple choices across channels could also obey bypass and off-line, but I guess it’s not possible at all.

And yes, please allow us to donate, or buy you a cup of coffee? :-D

Last edited by PhelixK; 09-11-2019 at 10:15 AM. Reason: Removed attachment
PhelixK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 04:19 AM   #164
PhelixK

Quote:
you can look key shortcut descriptions in first post, it means that you can select them that way and then with shift+MB you can mute multiple sends across tracks.
Thanks, I’m just getting the hang of it here Selecting multiple tracks for routing I did couple of steps too many, I see mouse drag for a bunch is the way. Regarding multiple muted routings, I got it now!

Quote:
On your GIF i see some border lines of track blocks are mis-aligned or jump around, is this real or GIF glitches?
I believe it’s fine having more tabs in same dock area, as long as they are placed below fxlist. Yesterday I had yet another tab on top, which caused some vertical offset when zooming. But I'll observe if any weird mouse behavior occurs.

– sorry for the long jumpy GIF.. to show mac key-strokes I had to record the first capture a second time. Interface is pretty fluent here.

As for bypass/off-line of multiple inserts in big projects, I get your point. Also there are other ways to do that in Reaper.

Old 09-11-2019, 11:23 AM   #165
Infrabass

Quote:
did you turn on tooltip in context menu options?
Ooh! My bad yeah it works, I just read too fast and didn't hold the click.
Great!
Did you consider adding the CPU usage in the details tooltips too?
Could be handy.

Quote:
not possible, because it's not lua for a long time already.
Ok I get it.
By curiosity, what's the advantage of using an user plugins instead of a classic script?

Quote:
Nah, i'm not interested, i just shared here on the forum, what i use myself, if someone finds it - then cool, if not - then cool
Haha! Ok I get it too!
A superhero staying in the dark.
I feel you, I'm a bass player.
;-)

Quote:
As for donation, i looked once on few services, some work only through invoices in my country, or my country doesn't allow to receive money at all, like paypal. I'll try to add paypal link, i'm curious to know, if i can receive few coins and while sending to card account is not possible for me, maybe i could use them later to donate somewhere too, directly from paypal.
Keep us in the loop!
Cheers!
Old 09-11-2019, 03:23 PM   #166
Infrabass

Quote:
@PhelixK
No advantages. I'd say it has more disadvantages and no performance boost too as i thought at first, it's a long story, when i started, there was not enough of functionality, so at first i added few functions to temporary SWS and used it, later i used SWS plugin modified by JulianSader, which in the end became JS_ReascriptAPI, but it all was not what i needed, so i turned that road. Today native reascript & js_ReascriptAPI have functions, which were absent back then, but i don't see a point to go back now.
OK! Thanks for the explanation.
I was thinking it was better regarding performance too, good to know.
At least it's really easy to install!

I just noticed something:
When using dPMeter4 for the loudness and peak indication, it always resets all the other monitoring FX to only 2 outputs. (I'm using Sonarwork Reference plugin to adjust the frequency response of my headphone on hardware outputs 3/4).
So each time I'm launching Reaper I need to go to the FX monitoring window, click on the plugin pin connector and click on the + to add the outputs 3/4.
Is there a way to avoid that?
Old 09-11-2019, 05:12 PM   #167
X-Raym

Nice extension ! thanks for sharing ?

Few questions:
- is this open source ?
- any plan to share it via reapack ?

You should consider embed your GIF in first post to make your thread more eye catching ! :P
X-Raym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 05:22 PM   #168
SmajjL

Yeah, since it does not even seem to require SWS, but it is a forever alpha/beta (I don't care though) dopp is the boss, what you say? can we, can we - will you, will you?

SmajjL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 02:30 AM   #169
PhelixK

Quote:
@PhelixK
added 2 pixels to the gap between send shapes and the channel number, should be enough, i think
perfect!
Old 09-16-2019, 11:09 AM   #170
bamsehopp

this is the most useful script i've found yet!!! thanks a bunch! It works great on my 2014 macbook pro running Mojave but It crashes my older mac pro running El Capitan on startup! Its my studio-computer so I was really bugged when it didn't work there. Any idea why? El Capitan not supported?

I'll attach the report reaper gives me.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf crashreport.pdf (102.3 KB, 219 views)
bamsehopp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 06:46 AM   #171
Ozman

Gosh, that fxlist script is the kind of thing I'm needing in my life.
I really, really desire a way to have my default channel strip to stay either at the bottom of or separately after the fxchain.

Hopefully, one day that will be a reality.
Ozman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 08:37 AM   #172
waldemaR

I do not understand how you get this: https://www.gearslutz.com/board/show...ostcount=19219

Thank you for help and answer.
waldemaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 09:41 AM   #173
SmajjL

nnnNNNnnoooOOOOoo!!! + *ReplikaEchoDelay*
Your stuff is tb-404 and I prefeer tb-303...
Just surrendered back to Windows..

Old 09-19-2019, 10:50 AM   #174
SmajjL

ahh ok, online again.
I wish I was a programmer that could help with that, fraid not though, def not..

Old 09-19-2019, 11:17 AM   #175
SmajjL

Conclusion: Don't mess with an angry MuthaFkca shitcoder

Old 09-30-2019, 12:15 PM   #176
gastaxxx

Default problem with yosemite

I use it on my mac, but I have problems with my macbook pro with yosemite 10.10.5 : crash on reaper loading
gastaxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 01:52 PM   #177
Infrabass

Hey Doppelganger!

I allow myself to "bump" my last message about the issue with monitoring FX channel pin connector when using the loudness feature of FXLIST:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infrabass View Post
I just noticed something:
When using dPMeter4 for the loudness and peak indication, it always resets all the other monitoring FX to only 2 outputs. (I'm using Sonarwork Reference plugin to adjust the frequency response of my headphone on hardware outputs 3/4).
So each time I'm launching Reaper I need to go to the FX monitoring window, click on the plugin pin connector and click on the + to add the outputs 3/4.
Is there a way to avoid that?
Because it seems there is no way to set anything on the monitoring FXs I could not create a script (set as a startup action) to resolve this myself.

Do you have a clue on what's can happen?
Old 10-01-2019, 06:17 AM   #178
Infrabass

Thx for your answer Doppelganger!
I'm using the VST version of DPMeter4. I tried with VST3 version but the same happen.

I did a few more exhaustive tests:
- I tried to change the channel pin connector with another plugin but the same happen, it gets reset as I restart Reaper if the Loudness Meter option is ON.
- I tried to keep DPMeter in the monitoring FX chain but set the Loudness Meter option to OFF and here it's working as it should, it's keeping my channel pin connector settings correctly when I restart Reaper.

So it seems there is something causing this issue with the Loudness Meter Option.
If you find the cause great, if not I'm gonna wait until Cockos let us set things on the Monitoring FX chain via Reascript.

Cheers!

PS: There is no day without me thanking you in my mind for FXList.
It should really be by default in Reaper!
Old 10-01-2019, 07:07 AM   #179
Infrabass

Oh didn't even know you can set pin states of plugin in monitoring FX!
Here is a GIF of the issue:

I'm gonna try on a portable fresh Reaper good idea!
Old 10-01-2019, 07:42 AM   #180
Infrabass

Oh damn!
With a Reaper portable install it's working, the channel pin connector of the monitoring FX are not reset!
I usually love the depth of Reaper but in that kind of case I don't haha!
NO idea what's going on here.
Old 10-01-2019, 07:59 AM   #181
Infrabass

It's not resolving the mystery but I just realized that because it's on channel 3/4 I'm able to put the reference plugin on the master track after setting it to 4 channels and it's working the same as when put in the monitoring FX chain.
So…in a way, problem resolved!
:-)
Old 10-01-2019, 08:01 AM   #182
Infrabass

Yeah true, I noticed that too.
Here is the dopp.ini file!
Attached Files
File Type: ini dopp.ini (286 Bytes, 201 views)
Old 10-02-2019, 06:51 AM   #183
Infrabass

Who knows what's going on! :-)
Anyway thanks a lot for your help Doppelganger!
Much appreciated!
Old 10-15-2019, 12:36 AM   #184
Mrmot

again, thanks for this awesome script, it's become an integral part of my workflow in Reaper.

I have just now seen about the Control window for sends/returns, it's an awesome thing!
but could you please make the control window more "visible"?
I'm finding this dark background really makes things hard to see easily, too little contrast, also maybe make the whole thing a little bigger?
(is it possible that I draw the background myself like other reaper things?). And also it would be great if we could have fader button, not just a "sliding line" for volume and pan, if that's possible?

Another thing, if it's possible, when I add an fx to a track via favorites, can that fx open immediately besides being added to the fx list?

If this is too much hassle, I don't care, this script is amazing as it is and if for any reason I lost this amazing possibility you gave us, I sincerely think that I would switch to some other daw cause I got so used to it. You rock Oleksiy
Mrmot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 01:27 AM   #185
Mrmot

here's an example of how the control window might look (didn't add all the icons, just to consider)

Old 10-16-2019, 02:51 AM   #186
Mrmot

Quote:
@Mrmot
download new version, i fixed 1 bug, related to favourites and added workaround, which allows to open fx, after it's added via favourites menu, there's no proper function in reaper for my case, so not sure if that workaround will work ok, if something will be wrong - write here.
I downloaded it, it starts the plugin (awesome!!), but only the first plugin from my favorite list can be added. See gif here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_D8...ew?usp=sharing

Also, if I don't group them in submenus (I used it that way actually before this, no submenus, all plugins in one column divided by horizontal line here and there), only the first plugin can be seen (so the CLA-76 Mono in my case), other plugins are not showing in the favorites list.

In each submenu except the last one there is one empty line at the end (I actually solved that by when finishing a submenu putting |<|> EQ, so ending the last submenu and starting a new one all in the same line

The last plugin in each submenu displays the full plugin name, not just "my" name. (all the full names of the plugins are correct, they worked before this)

Quote:
As for controls window.
1st, i made so low contrast for sendmode, buttons and track channels, because i wanted only most important info (label, vol, pan, audio+midi channels) to be eye-catching from a glance, it's especially useful, when i switch quickly between sends via keyboard buttons "[" and "]". Everything else should be "invisible" to not distract, so you can see it if you concentrate on it or hover with a mouse, it will be highlighted, Buttons glow only when they are active.
2nd, honestly, i rarely use controls window, i made it mostly for learning purpose, while i was experimenting, how to code such stuff. I don't have enthusiasm to invest any more time in that thing.
makes sense, understand your point completely, thanks.
Old 10-16-2019, 03:29 AM   #187
Mrmot

Quote:
Mrmot,

editing it can be annoying, i know), maybe i will come up with some other idea someday, for now paste your dopp_favs.txt here, i think you edited it wrongly, i'll fix it.
thanks here it is:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1YGx...ew?usp=sharing
Old 10-16-2019, 03:47 AM   #188
Mrmot

Quote:
try this
not working unfortunately, still managing to add only the first plugin
Old 10-16-2019, 03:53 AM   #189
TonE

win 32 bit?
TonE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 04:04 AM   #190
Mrmot

Quote:
hmm, very strange, try to load rea plugins, like reacomp, reaeq, they also don't load?
I'm really boggled right now, made a new script, just these two:

| ReaEQ :>VST:ReaEQ<:
| ReaDelay :>VST:ReaDelay<:

and they're both working!!!

and then I became brave and started copy-pasting other ones from my list so now it's

| ReaEQ :>VST:ReaEQ<:
| ReaDelay :>VST:ReaDelay<:
| CLA-76 Mono :>VST:CLA-76 Mono (Waves)<:
| CLA-76 Stereo :>VST:CLA-76 Stereo (Waves)<:
| RComp Mono :>VST:RCompressor mono (Waves)<:
|| RComp Stereo :>VST:RCompressor stereo (Waves)<:

and it's still working! I don't understand why but it's working, will just paste them one by one, thanks a lot, you're really helping

Don't mind me being pushy, but I think it would be really good for the community if you would put open a new thread under "REAPER Q&A, Tips, Tricks and Howto" subforum cause more people need to see this!

EDIT: pasted them all and they're all working perfectly!

Last edited by Mrmot; 10-16-2019 at 04:13 AM. Reason: edited
Old 10-16-2019, 04:14 AM   #191
TonE

Quote:
Originally Posted by strachupl View Post
amazing
better would be if cockos could add more places where we can dock things, for example right side of tracks. Now I have heda mixer on left, these all scripts are nice, also we can switch docked scripts but there is always the sizing mess...
Every lua script should have by default a right click menu entry "dock script", as docking menu is not available e.g. inside wine.
TonE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 04:19 AM   #192
Mrmot

Quote:
Mrmot, i think it can be problem with text formatting on your system, there are those stupid CR, LF, BOM things for different platforms, you probably have something like CR or CRLF(with BOM). You can try to open dopp_favs.txt file in some text editor like Notepad++ and change formatting to CRLF or LF without BOM and resave file.
I will try to add fix for this tomorrow.
thanks for the tip, I was guessing it might be something like this cause I was pasting from and to Notepad and Notepad++ and saving the file sometimes in one, sometimes in the other so I guess that might be it, works now!
Old 10-22-2019, 05:01 AM   #193
PhelixK

Quote:
update:
• ctrl+shift(cmd+shift) to adjust only one fx wet parm or send vol parm, if multiple selected.
• highlight send, opened in controls window
• UCS-2LE/UCS-2BE compatibility for dopp_favs.txt content on Windows
https://stash.reaper.fm/37363/upd.gif
Ok, thanks!

Last edited by PhelixK; 06-16-2021 at 02:36 PM.
Old 10-22-2019, 06:33 AM   #194
PhelixK

As you can see in gif, I have created a favs context for testing, inclusive emojis which Reaper now supports.

But how to have the top level unfold automatically (dopp > ‘Favorites.. ’ ), is it not possible on macOS ?

Old 10-22-2019, 09:23 AM   #195
PhelixK

Quote:
first of all, on mac be careful with all those symbols/emojis etc, because many are not supported, it supports only ASCII and some basic UTF-8(BMP probably) on Mac for dopp_favs.txt content file.
2nd, there's no control symbol as "|>>", there's only "|> " (notice space after "|>")
As for your question, it's by design, because if i will make it as you want, everytime you will open right click menu, even if you only want to add fx from fx browser or mute fx for example, it will scan for dopp_favs.txt file, opens it, reads, encodes, parses all datas, constructs menu, etc, which is not very good. So i walled all this processing behind "Favourites.." action, so it does all this job only, when you need "Favourites.." menu.
I understand your reasons, it is fine with an extra click, but not so fast.

I see it’s just an extra ‘|< ‘ to make new sub archive, ie. if one needs to repeat the categories content.
and of coarse I wouldn’t use emojis, only fun for the test, perhaps a star or two ツ

About the blind spaces in your original dopp_favs.txt (10-16), this is what it translates to here on mac, perhaps because I copied the content it added visible backslashes.

after deleting blank spaces etc:

– it's a great feature, thanks again!

Last edited by PhelixK; 10-22-2019 at 09:44 AM.
Old 10-25-2019, 12:57 PM   #196
Infrabass

Quote:
i still was curios to know, what could cause your bug), so i installed today Mojave, Sonarworks Reference trial version and dpmeter4 and it works ok for me, so i almost sure it has something to do with your security settings.
If it's still relevant for you, you can look what security level is applied to reaper resources folder, also reaper_dopp plugin is not signed, so maybe Mojave prevents it from saving/loading data to dopp.ini properly. Also check file attributes for REAPER.ini, dopp.ini and reaper_dopp.dylib, if those files don't have read or write permission, then add it.
Hey Doppelganger!
Thanks for trying to find the culprit here and sorry to answer only now, I didn't see your new messages!
I set the permission to the whole Reaper resource folder and its enclosed folder & files to read and write and I tried to add Reaper to the Full Disk Access option in the security & Privacy OSX settings but I still have the same issue…
Supra dupra weird!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2019-10-25 at 3.53.36 PM.jpg (55.8 KB, 283 views)
Old 10-31-2019, 02:14 AM   #197
triplex

Hi dopp,

The fxlist is great, thank you.

It runs fine on my MacbookPro (OS 10.13.6). But for some reason it crashes Reaper on my other MacPro (OS 10.11.6). I've downloaded an alternative reaper_dopp31.dylib file from your Github and it fixed that. What is this file? Is it just an older version?

Thanks,
Andrei
triplex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 09:32 AM   #198
PhelixK

Quote:
i also made Controls window to work on mac for testing for now. ATM known bugs: wrong font and mouse coordinates are shifted up a bit and obviously no scaling, everything else should be the same as on Win/Linux.
aha, I see the control window for mac (draft)
Typeface seems to be Monaco. Maybe Calibri or Arial is good with a number of existent themes. Unless mouse-over, some text areas are hard to decipher, perhaps a solid background is preferable(?) Drop-downs work fine.

how it looks here on retina 5K (half resolution):

Old 11-01-2019, 10:55 AM   #199
PhelixK

Quote:
thanks for testing it, i was curious, how it works on other computers.

i explained in post#248, why i did some text dark, but maybe you're right, when i'll be having free time, i think i'll try to redo window to have option to be bigger for big screens/resolutions and change color too.
yes, and like you said, it might be very helpful to some, not really sure I would use the control window even if it’s a good collection of settings. New Reaper features are introduced all the time, also for the native tracks/routing window. I guess you would have to be updating this thing on regular basis.
Old 11-05-2019, 05:39 AM   #200
PhelixK

This is neat, and more tempting to put into use, thx!

I like when selecting other tracks, the Control window stays open, Reaper track/routing window does not. If the greyed-out state was little less dimmed, it would be even better imo.

– the full tone is a screenshot (only one control window is open) :