Old 01-01-2012, 11:33 AM   #1
Bellzemos
Human being with feelings

Default MIDI controller

Hi! I just bought the E-MU Xboard 49 MIDI controller. I also have the Roland EV-5 expression pedal which I can use with the MIDI controller. I am really new to all this so can someone please tell me how do I assign/activate the pedal and all the knobs on the controller. The manual says nothing about all that so... Please help me.
Bellzemos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 05:12 PM   #2
Bellzemos

Let me put it this way: where & how can I assign a midi footpedal to a VST instrument in REAPER?
Old 01-02-2012, 08:18 AM   #3
Bellzemos

Anyone, please?
Old 01-02-2012, 11:33 AM   #4
narthur157

trying to do the same thing
narthur157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 10:29 AM   #5
joaobgb

Hi,
First thing you have to do in Reaper is in the Preferences - Options: Preferences: MIDI Devices - here you can enable and disable midi devices like yours E-mu, double-click on the <disabled> notice and check both boxes you see on the dialog of your device.
Then you have to load the vsti in a track, record arm the track, set record monitoring on, if you right click on one of this points in the track (and some others) you can set midi channels, recording modes, and some other useful stuff.
If everything is correctly setup you can see a signal on the meter of the track everytime midi information is sent to the track.
The way the vsti responds to the various ccs and all midi information has nothing to do with Reaper, you have to set it up in the vsti.
You can also search the forum for how to set up multiple outputs and midi channels to a vsti, there are lots of information about it, I think you can also check it in the wiki.

Your expression pedal as to be connected to a specific expression input on your controller.
joaobgb is offline   Reply With Quote