Old 12-04-2018, 07:52 AM   #1
karbomusic
Human being with feelings
 
karbomusic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 22,877
Default Band Practice Live - Cinnamon Carcinogen

If you are familiar with some of my recent posts/videos... I'm moving my "what you see is what you hear" project to the practice room. 3 cameras + Sony PCM-D50 - From this past Sunday's rehearsal and trying to remember a song we haven't played in 2 1/2 years. The Sony is sitting at the back of the room, then I synced it's audio with the video footage.


Last edited by karbomusic; 12-04-2018 at 07:59 AM.
karbomusic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 10:18 AM   #2
Jeffsounds
Human being with feelings
 
Jeffsounds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Northeast Michigan
Posts: 2,695
Default

Very cool! You're getting really good with the video software. Nice effects. Enjoyed!
__________________
"Music is a fundamental human desire." - Mike Butera
Jeffsounds is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 10:24 AM   #3
zeekat
Human being with feelings
 
zeekat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Polandia
Posts: 2,056
Default

Brilliant, I love those live in studio clips - sounds and looks great, even if some cropped video's quite grainy. Some wall projections show you have a sense of humour of the death metal band I've seen a couple days back And remind me I should watch that Suicide Shop movie.
__________________
my soundclouds+youtubings
zeekat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 10:39 AM   #4
karbomusic
Human being with feelings
 
karbomusic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 22,877
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeekat View Post
Brilliant, I love those live in studio clips - sounds and looks great, even if some cropped video's quite grainy. Some wall projections show you have a sense of humour of the death metal band I've seen a couple days back And remind me I should watch that Suicide Shop movie.
Holy crap, you have sharp eyes my friend, nice job! I never thought anyone would catch the Suicide Shop thing or the barnyard love. There are two others in there, a band I was in in the late 80s and a weed propaganda movie.

The crops are from a GoPro Fusion 360 camera, the value of having the 360 sort of allows me to deal with the grain but it was a bit of a let down because the other cams are recording in 4k. That top down sphere view is directly from that cam - it's mounted only a little over a meter high so I think it's cool how it can make it look like its hanging from the ceiling.

Thanks for watching so closely, impressed.
karbomusic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 11:47 AM   #5
Judders
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 6,490
Default

Love those tracked overlays. Everyone needs more humping monkeys!

That was really enjoyable to watch. Cool song. All I missed were drum mic's
Judders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 11:53 AM   #6
zeekat
Human being with feelings
 
zeekat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Polandia
Posts: 2,056
Default

Suspected the crops are from the fisheye view, not bad considering the source. There's a lot of interesting detail in the room, eye kinda wanders around by itself
__________________
my soundclouds+youtubings
zeekat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 11:58 AM   #7
Glennbo
Human being with feelings
 
Glennbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 2,743
Default

Cool vid. Looks like your bass player is playing a Warwick? The former band mate I use on a few song uses one of those real expensive German made Star basses. The headstock in your vid looks like it's got the same "W".
__________________
Glennbo
Soundclick - http://www.soundclick.com/glennbo
--
Glennbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 12:03 PM   #8
karbomusic
Human being with feelings
 
karbomusic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 22,877
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennbo View Post
Cool vid. Looks like your bass player is playing a Warwick? The former band mate I use on a few song uses one of those real expensive German made Star basses. The headstock in your vid looks like it's got the same "W".
Pretty sure it's a Spector similar to the one below but seems like he told me it was a one-off or some special edition - he has a lot of basses so I forget...

https://www.zzounds.com/item--SPTEUR...SABEgJqpvD_BwE
karbomusic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 12:09 PM   #9
Glennbo
Human being with feelings
 
Glennbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 2,743
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by karbomusic View Post
Pretty sure it's a Spector similar to the one below but seems like he told me it was a one-off or some special edition - he has a lot of basses so I forget...

https://www.zzounds.com/item--SPTEUR...SABEgJqpvD_BwE
Ahh, I couldn't make it out, but it looked like a single letter. I like the bit where he gets a bit busy on it.
__________________
Glennbo
Soundclick - http://www.soundclick.com/glennbo
--
Glennbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 12:27 PM   #10
karbomusic
Human being with feelings
 
karbomusic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 22,877
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeekat View Post
Suspected the crops are from the fisheye view, not bad considering the source.
Kind of, it creates 2 fish eye videos then those get stitched but you have several choices. You can stitch it as true 360 which you can pan around or use VR headset with.

Or do the tiny planet thing like this, this is similar to the fisheye in the video above...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uG90hq59v9k

Or you can say... "Just give me a 1080 view of this position" and render that out which is what the grainy images are. It's actually 5.7k but that ends up being far less when you just grab a small portion like that. That said, the VR stuff is farking addicting so more of that is on the todo list.

Quote:
There's a lot of interesting detail in the room, eye kinda wanders around by itself
Cool, your garden variety rock-n-roll band room in my neck of the woods, it's a home away from home since I've had one of those to go to for much of my life. Jamming with peeps in such a setting is something I'm thankful for.
karbomusic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 12:30 PM   #11
Judders
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 6,490
Default

I watched the whole thing without switching tabs in my browser.

That's about as high praise as you can get in this day and age!
Judders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 12:36 PM   #12
karbomusic
Human being with feelings
 
karbomusic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 22,877
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennbo View Post
Ahh, I couldn't make it out, but it looked like a single letter. I like the bit where he gets a bit busy on it.
Pretty amazing now that I think about it, he's 50 and we've been jamming together (off and on) since he was 22 and I was 28 - we've closed down an awful lot of clubs together.
karbomusic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 12:39 PM   #13
karbomusic
Human being with feelings
 
karbomusic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 22,877
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judders View Post
I watched the whole thing without switching tabs in my browser.

That's about as high praise as you can get in this day and age!
Goodness, thank you and yes you are correct. I just read a good article somewhere about how keeping attention in 2018 is a serious challenge because there millions of things to flip over to.
karbomusic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 02:04 AM   #14
zeekat
Human being with feelings
 
zeekat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Polandia
Posts: 2,056
Default

Maybe there's cornucopia of free shit on the internet but seeing a whole prog band playing live with no backing tracks is rarer than it should be. It's always frustrating seeing half-karaoke with keyboard parts played off a laptop, and it's rampant if you like to attend contemporary proggish metal shows. Even guitars can be on backing track, despite couple of guitarists being right there on stage.

BTW are those pinky volume swells around 3:55? Can't figure out if it's some effect pedal.
__________________
my soundclouds+youtubings
zeekat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 02:30 AM   #15
karbomusic
Human being with feelings
 
karbomusic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 22,877
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeekat View Post
Maybe there's cornucopia of free shit on the internet but seeing a whole prog band playing live with no backing tracks is rarer than it should be. It's always frustrating seeing half-karaoke with keyboard parts played off a laptop, and it's rampant if you like to attend contemporary proggish metal shows. Even guitars can be on backing track, despite couple of guitarists being right there on stage.

BTW are those pinky volume swells around 3:55? Can't figure out if it's some effect pedal.
Ah, yep they are pinky volume swells along with a phase 90 I'd actually forgotten what notes I usually play there, so I was sort of picking a few notes and hoping they'd work LOL.

Last edited by karbomusic; 12-05-2018 at 02:43 AM.
karbomusic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 10:03 AM   #16
mschuster
Human being with feelings
 
mschuster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Just north of Hell
Posts: 1,081
Default

Very cool!! Nicely done!
mschuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 10:06 AM   #17
karbomusic
Human being with feelings
 
karbomusic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 22,877
Default

Thanks!
karbomusic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 04:54 PM   #18
Paul99
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 789
Default

I am back in the late 60s begin 70s again!
Paul99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:49 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.