Old 12-08-2017, 06:06 AM   #161
Barksy
Human being with feelings

for how long, whenever i sheepishly open Pre-Release Discussion, find the latest update....open it hoping only for some mention of melodyne integration, only to be a little disappointed that the list of changes never included melodyne.

That is not to say those many many many changes have not been of great value to users, based on the replies to those threads, but this has been all i have wanted.

I just told everybody they don't need to buy me a xmas present this year!
Barksy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 08:16 AM   #162
Glennbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenK-msx View Post
at this stage in my musical journey yada yada i'd rather get the talent ( or me ) to perform it better than A) fork out for such tools and B) be then obliged to sift through every note of not only vocal performances but polyphonic things like guitar etc. searching for perfection in the wrong place.
That's always been kind of my M.O., but I come from the days of using 1" rolls of tape, where the only choice was to do takes until you got a keeper. That said, I will let stuff slide when I hear it while recording, provided it is slight enough that I know I will spend less time moving that one flat or sharp note, vs. just doing another take and getting it right to start with.

I use an IR remote when recording in REAPER, and have a single "Re-Do" button setup that performs a "stop|undo|rewind|record", so I can re-take the second I play a clam, and not lose the groove.
Glennbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 10:20 AM   #163
shanabit

This one feature may sway lots of other DAW users to Reaper IMO.

Melodyne and Vocalign integration via ARA are very important to a lot of production people

capturing every edit in is a PITA
Old 12-08-2017, 05:38 PM   #164
BenK-msx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennbo View Post
That's always been kind of my M.O., but I come from the days of using 1" rolls of tape, where the only choice was to do takes until you got a keeper. That said, I will let stuff slide when I hear it while recording, provided it is slight enough that I know I will spend less time moving that one flat or sharp note, vs. just doing another take and getting it right to start with.

I use an IR remote when recording in REAPER, and have a single "Re-Do" button setup that performs a "stop|undo|rewind|record", so I can re-take the second I play a clam, and not lose the groove.
true, when recording myself at least, i've become reasonably good at just 'self-rewinding' a bar or two back upon doing something sub-standard and carrying on knowing i can edit out the duff, for live/group performers can be a trickier habit to master as the instinct is to stop and swear, etc.

again, i know this ARA and melodyne integration is useful & cool for all kinds of reasons, i just don't want to have to use it myself unless theres a bag o cash involved.
BenK-msx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 08:43 PM   #165
Glennbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenK-msx View Post
true, when recording myself at least, i've become reasonably good at just 'self-rewinding' a bar or two back upon doing something sub-standard and carrying on knowing i can edit out the duff, for live/group performers can be a trickier habit to master as the instinct is to stop and swear, etc.

again, i know this ARA and melodyne integration is useful & cool for all kinds of reasons, i just don't want to have to use it myself unless theres a bag o cash involved.
Heck, once there is ARA in REAPER, who knows. Maybe Melodyne will do something stupid like let me cross-grade from something I can download for free, similar to how I just got Kontakt for $125 during their Black Friday sale.
Old 12-09-2017, 01:29 AM   #166
insub

Quote:
Originally Posted by airon View Post
Another useful option at hand. Very interesting. I had used the first Melodyne version in studios in .... geez, 2001 I think. It's fine kit.

Can someone tell me what the minimum version of Meloyine is that is needed to make use of ARA in compatible DAWS ? All of them, or just the high-end version ???
All of the versions will benefit from ARA, but the user will get more benefits with each higher distribution. Editor enables tempo map editing and Studio enables multitrack and formant shaping, among other features.
insub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 02:29 AM   #167
mschnell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennbo View Post
Heck, once there is ARA in REAPER, who knows. Maybe Melodyne will do something stupid like let me cross-grade from something I can download for free, similar to how I just got Kontakt for $125 during their Black Friday sale.
At least they should do a considerable donation to Cockos. This might allow them to implement even more splendid improvements .
But of course a special offer for Reaper license owners would be cool.

-Michael
Old 12-09-2017, 01:12 PM   #168
Glennbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschnell View Post
At least they should do a considerable donation to Cockos. This might allow them to implement even more splendid improvements .
But of course a special offer for Reaper license owners would be cool.

-Michael
How about a 50% off crossgrade from ReaTune for REAPER users!
Old 12-10-2017, 02:12 AM   #169
ReapInPeace

Yes!!! This Reaper / Melodyne / Revoice Pro user is excited!! Thanks for implementing ARA!!
ReapInPeace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 09:28 AM   #170
timothys_monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Tie View Post

and, for no particular reason, here's a REAPER logo formatted exactly like the logos on that page, just in case anyone might want it for some reason or other...

Do you mean....

timothys_monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 09:50 AM   #171
vitalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by timothys_monster View Post
Do you mean....
Yes, there is no Reaper on that list.
vitalker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 10:21 AM   #172
Lawrence

Schwa truly is "that guy".

You know, "that guy" who probably says to himself late one night when he's bored ... "Hmmm... lemme take a look at this..." and the next thing you know you have notation or ARA support.

Every development team needs "that guy".

(not minimizing anyone else who's involved in it)
Old 12-10-2017, 10:59 AM   #173
euga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercado_Negro View Post
I think they're working on it already on current pre builds because today I edited something with Melodyne and to my surprise a folder called "Melodyne" magically appeared inside my project folder with the two transfers I did. This alone is a major improvement when working with Melodyne. You can't imagine how many times I've lost what I've edited on Melodyne after a reboot because all transfers are stored in a temp folder by default.

Thank you Cockos.
It's already like this in current version 5.62
euga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 11:21 AM   #174
timothys_monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitalker View Post
Yes, there is no Reaper on that list.
I know. I was being funny and edited the HTML on the website to swap REAPER for Logic Pro :P
timothys_monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 12:23 PM   #175
vitalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by timothys_monster View Post
I know. I was being funny and edited the HTML on the website to swap REAPER for Logic Pro :P
I understood. It's ok.
vitalker is online now   Reply With Quote