Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER General Discussion Forum

Old 01-05-2019, 01:55 AM   #161
mrelwood
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliseat View Post
Mothercomp just sends something at full level over channel 3+4
Ah, that is a test signal that I forgot to turn off. I think I’ll check all my plugins for the same issue.

Edit: StereOpposition and Sky had the same leftovers. Now removed for new versions, no other updates. Thanks for reporting!

Last edited by mrelwood; 01-05-2019 at 02:20 AM.
mrelwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 07:06 PM   #162
mrelwood

Ain't forgetting you guys, working several hours every day to get the new stuff ready.

I realized that StereOpposition was missing a crucial section. Can't believe I missed it for so long!

StereOpposition 0.95 available!
- Added Mid/Side balance adjustment
- Various small graphics and UI fixes improvements

Hope you like it!
Old 01-16-2019, 08:37 PM   #163
JamesPeters

Nice update! I also just noticed the continuous rotation feature, which keeps the rotation going "on its own". It has a graphics glitch though. The "gap" in the circle, after it reaches the bottom (during automatic continuous rotation), starts spazzing out and appearing at different locations in the circle. If you can't reproduce I can make a short video.
JamesPeters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 02:49 AM   #164
Eliseat

mrelwood, great update! I just recognized the auto spinning function in sterOpposition. Very cool!

May I ask what the § does? I didn't notice a change but I also listening only over Bluetooth headphones at the moment.

Many thanks and greetings from the semi dark Germany to the darkness of Finland. May the light come in spring time!
Old 01-17-2019, 01:26 PM   #165
MotionMindz

When trying to d/l StereoOpposition I get " You have been redirected to this stop page because the website you are trying to visit contains suspicious content."

??

Would you care to rewrite the stock plugins to an extent? Like better the GUI mainly and possibly adding some options. Because the stock ones are rather boring compared to most plugins.

Plus I would very much like a great Tape plugin in native reaper format.
MotionMindz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 02:07 AM   #166
mrelwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesPeters View Post
The "gap" in the circle, after it reaches the bottom (during automatic continuous rotation), starts spazzing out and appearing at different locations in the circle. If you can't reproduce I can make a short video.
Does the rotation continue otherwise? Audio, speaker icons, rotation value?

I have had the rotating disc "spazzing" on me also, but only when the audio device has been offline for a long time. Bringing everything online fixed it, so I couldn't reproduce and hunt.

If the Linux Reaper communicates differently with the audio device, causing this, I have to... think of something!

Quote:
May I ask what the § does?
The plugin has an integrated help function, just click the question mark. § adjusts the amount of Pan Law applied.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotionMindz View Post
When trying to d/l StereoOpposition I get " You have been redirected to this stop page because the website you are trying to visit contains suspicious content."
That's a first! To clarify, can you browse the plugin page at https://mrelwood5.wixsite.com/plugins and when clicking to download the plugin, you get the redirect? Or can you access the above link at all? Which browsers give you this error?

Quote:
Would you care to rewrite the stock plugins to an extent?
Writing plugins is for me a hobby to use what little coding skills I have to make plugins I need for myself. Publishing them was a huge step for me. If you are talking about the ReaPlugs, rewriting them is not something I even remotely have the skills to do. And it doesn't sound like a fun hobby in a way that making my current plugins has been.

Quote:
Plus I would very much like a great Tape plugin in native reaper format.
As I have lately learned to code a few types of saturation, a saturation plugin might actually not be that bad of an idea. But I would have to have lots more experience using analog tape in order to call it anything tape related. But perhaps a saturation plugin could be in the pipes!
If you are not aware, Massey offers TapeHead Medium as a free GUI-less VST. I have used it a lot, especially when blended in only partially.
Old 01-18-2019, 02:30 AM   #167
JamesPeters

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrelwood View Post
Does the rotation continue otherwise? Audio, speaker icons, rotation value?

I have had the rotating disc "spazzing" on me also, but only when the audio device has been offline for a long time. Bringing everything online fixed it, so I couldn't reproduce and hunt.

If the Linux Reaper communicates differently with the audio device, causing this, I have to... think of something!
I had actually only noticed that while not playing any audio through the plugin. When I played audio through the plugin (even the slightest amount for instance -230 dB noise), that graphics glitch went away. Stopping audio playback through the plugin, the graphics glitch returns immediately. I'm using ALSA for audio.

Anyway I'm more concerned with the sound when it passes through center at the bottom of the rotation. If that's possible to be made "seamless", that would be nice. By the way, sometimes it doesn't produce an audible artifact, and sometimes it does. It seems to depend on the source audio. I haven't tested it much.
Old 01-19-2019, 09:02 AM   #168
mrelwood

Quote:
I had actually only noticed that while not playing any audio through the plugin.
Good to hear. I’m afraid that’ll have to do for now. How the JS plugins process audio or graphics when disabled or inactive is a mystery to me.

Quote:
Anyway I'm more concerned with the sound when it passes through center at the bottom of the rotation.
I know, I know... That one irks me too. I haven’t figured out a way to do more than to align the phase jump to a zero crossing, which it currently does. Sometimes it’s enough to hide the glitch, sometimes not. I tried to emphasize in the plugin GUI that the Continuous Rotation is a beta feature. But I will announce horns blazing if I do figure that one out!
Old 02-25-2019, 03:37 AM   #169
mrelwood

///////////////////////////////////
//// NOTE !!! Jun 14. 2019 ////
Beta testing program for the guitar amp sim is over. I hope to be able to share a public beta before fall 2019. Original posting as follows:
///////////////////////////////////

//// NOTE ALL GUITAR PLAYERS !!! (Feb 25. 2019) ////

I'm looking for beta testers for an upcoming free guitar amp sim plugin. If you'd like to be one of them, please send me a PM with the following info:

1) Which guitar amp sim plugins have you used?

2) What is your preferred guitar amp sound or genre?

3) Describe your signal chain for testing a guitar amp sim, all the way from your guitar to your ears.

As a reward, all beta testers will receive the final product for FREE!

Thanks!

Last edited by mrelwood; 06-13-2019 at 10:00 PM.
Old 02-25-2019, 04:33 AM   #170
Regisfofo

Send you a PM
Regisfofo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 05:09 AM   #171
HoJo

Love your Plugins, but I am having problems with the size of the Plugin windows. Sometimes they are a bit small.

Suggestions for future plugins:
How about a TiltEQ? An Enhancer or Exciter?
Or a Drumtrigger like I described here:
https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=216097

Anyway, I will PM you in regards to the AmpSim.
HoJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 09:07 AM   #172
mrelwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoJo View Post
Love your Plugins, but I am having problems with the size of the Plugin windows. Sometimes they are a bit small.
This is good to know, thanks. Could you be more precise, which plugins, and under which situations? Thanks.

Quote:
Suggestions for future plugins:
How about a TiltEQ? An Enhancer or Exciter?
Or a Drumtrigger like I described here:
https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=216097
- My limiter/booster Sky has a simple Tilt EQ implementation built in.
- I think Enhancers and Exciters belong to a workflow that is unfamiliar to me. I wouldn't know how make a plugin for that workflow.
- Unfortunately your wishes for a DrumTrigger plugin are all quite far above my coding skills.

But there are a few other things I'm working on right now!
Old 03-04-2019, 05:40 AM   #173
HoJo

Default Sky 2.x too small size

Sky 1.x is fine on Mac, but Sky 2.x will be always too small.
See attached screenshot.

Quote:
This is good to know, thanks. Could you be more precise, which plugins, and under which situations? Thanks.

- My limiter/booster Sky has a simple Tilt EQ implementation built in.
- I think Enhancers and Exciters belong to a workflow that is unfamiliar to me. I wouldn't know how make a plugin for that workflow.
- Unfortunately your wishes for a DrumTrigger plugin are all quite far above my coding skills.

But there are a few other things I'm working on right now!
Attached Images
File Type: png Sky1.1.png (53.0 KB, 146 views)
File Type: png Sky2.02.png (46.7 KB, 119 views)
HoJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 06:13 AM   #174
Pinknoise

Agree too small I think it's a bug ?
The way it crampes itself into top left corner ?
Also it's very dark and hard to see.
Pinknoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 07:06 PM   #175
mrelwood

I see what you mean. It's not a bug though. My reasoning for the v2 size was this:

Sky v1 had a dynamically adjustable GUI size. But there was a lot of code trying to keep up with the changing size, and it still looks stretched when you adjust the window above 2:1 or under 1.5:2 aspect ratio.

For the v2, I did't want to take more screen estate than is required. I think the RMS meter values are still easily readable. Everything else are just pretty pictures... ;o)

Here the Sky is next to another master limiter, LoudMax. Should the Sky v2 really be bigger?

Old 03-04-2019, 10:00 PM   #176
Stringer

Default In Linux?

Where do you install these in Linux? With Reaper's js plugins? Or in the folder with 3rd party VSTs?
thanks,
John
Old 03-04-2019, 10:37 PM   #177
mrelwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringer View Post
Where do you install these in Linux? With Reaper's js plugins? Or in the folder with 3rd party VSTs?
thanks,
John
I have zero experience with Linux, but I would think it works the same as with Win and Mac.
1) Create a folder ”mrelwood” in the Reaper data directory REAPER/Effects (where other JS effects are located as well).
2) Unpack the downloaded zip files in the folder ”mrelwood”.
3) Restart/start Reaper, or ”Scan for new plugins”.
Old 03-05-2019, 08:45 AM   #178
Stringer

Quote:
I have zero experience with Linux, but I would think it works the same as with Win and Mac.
1) Create a folder ”mrelwood” in the Reaper data directory REAPER/Effects (where other JS effects are located as well).
2) Unpack the downloaded zip files in the folder ”mrelwood”.
3) Restart/start Reaper, or ”Scan for new plugins”.
On my machine that would be opt/REAPER/installdata/effects. But I can't create a folder there because the option is greyed out (using Caja, the file manager), probably because of permissions.

Thanks,

John
Old 03-05-2019, 11:59 AM   #179
JamesPeters

Install Reaper in a folder that doesn't require root permissions. The 2nd install location option for the Linux install script is /home/username/opt, and that's what I recommend. We were discussing this on a thread on the Linux forum a couple days ago.
Old 03-05-2019, 12:07 PM   #180
Stringer

Quote:
Install Reaper in a folder that doesn't require root permissions. The 2nd install location option for the Linux install script is /home/username/opt, and that's what I recommend. We were discussing this on a thread on the Linux forum a couple days ago.
Yes, that was about my question about how to upgrade. The reason I didn't choose option 2 was because Reaper wouldn't be available to all users, at least that is what I was thinking. However, I will try uninstalling and re-installing in option 2.

Thanks,

John
Old 03-31-2019, 01:48 PM   #181
cjewellstudios

These are amazing tools.

Really really like the comps. DynEQ is also pretty great. Thank you so much.

I did notice a bug with the midi mapping.

I was trying to map DynEQ to a controller and it seems the parameter reporting is a bit off. For instance, What shows up as Bypass Red is actually the Threshold of Red. Alot of the names weren't the actual parameters they were controlling.
cjewellstudios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 01:58 PM   #182
cjewellstudios

Quote:
//// NOTE ALL GUITAR PLAYERS !!! (Feb 25. 2019) ////

I'm looking for beta testers for an upcoming free guitar amp sim plugin. If you'd like to be one of them, please send me a PM with the following info:

1) Which guitar amp sim plugins have you used?

2) What is your preferred guitar amp sound or genre?

3) Describe your signal chain for testing a guitar amp sim, all the way from your guitar to your ears.

As a reward, all beta testers will receive the final product for FREE!

Thanks!
I can totally beta test.

1. S-Gear, Amplitube (free version), Helix Native (do not own), PRS Waves Supermodels, Emissary, Tse X50 (do not own)

2. I dig the Orange Rockerverb quite a bit. It can get fairly nasty for heavy stuff and has a great clean as well. I compose mostly rock music for tv so I'm pretty versatile with tone.

3. Guitars: PRS Custom 24 with dragon II's, Gibson Invader with Bareknuckle Blackhawks (with a coil tap) LTD EC-1000 emgs. Bass: Fender Zone with Lindy Fralin P/J pickups. My guitar DI is my interface, Audient id22 (they say its a good DI lol, JFET) and I also have a SansAmp RPM that I usually run bass through (guitar too if I'm feeling feisty) Fairly well treated room and my monitors are Focal Alpha 65's.
cjewellstudios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 03:14 PM   #183
Eliseat

Hi Mrelwwood,

I just wanted to give you some info about the size of Sky 2.02 in Reaper x64 for windows on a laptop.

Here you see how it looks after opening and after resizing. I think it would look and feel better if the size were a little bigger. There are not only two sliders like in your example. And I remember it felt more "rightly" in version 1. But it also works great as it is.

Old 04-04-2019, 09:18 PM   #184
mrelwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjewellstudios View Post
These are amazing tools.

Really really like the comps. DynEQ is also pretty great. Thank you so much.
Thank you, I’m happy to hear you like them!

Quote:
Alot of the names weren't the actual parameters they were controlling.
Good to know, I will look into it once I get the current process on the guitar amp done. Thank you for reporting!

Quote:
I think it would look and feel better if the size were a little bigger.
This seems to be a common opinion. My hunt for ultra compact plugin GUIs seem to have gone just a bit too far... I will definitely reconsider the GUI size on the SKY.
Old 04-05-2019, 05:04 AM   #185
Pinknoise

I still think it is way too dark and hard to see will you consider an alternative lighter version ?
Also is it possible to make gain reduction parameter available to see in LBX Stripper ?
For both compressor and limiter.
Old 04-06-2019, 08:41 AM   #186
mrelwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinknoise View Post
I still think it is way too dark and hard to see will you consider an alternative lighter version ?
In the dark screen cap the plugin is in an inactive state, so it is not doing anything. As soon as you adjust the cloud (threshold), the background becomes lit. And even before that, all relevant items are white, the rest is just eye candy. I don’t see a reason to make a lighter version.

Quote:
Also is it possible to make gain reduction parameter available to see in LBX Stripper ?
For both compressor and limiter.
I’m not familiar with LBX Stripper. But the dev mentions that it works with all plugins. I’d say it’s more up to him to make his plugin do what it’s supposed to.
Old 04-06-2019, 10:50 AM   #187
Pinknoise

Ok I'll check that out.
Old 04-07-2019, 04:31 AM   #188
Regisfofo

Quote:
I see what you mean. It's not a bug though. My reasoning for the v2 size was this:

Sky v1 had a dynamically adjustable GUI size. But there was a lot of code trying to keep up with the changing size, and it still looks stretched when you adjust the window above 2:1 or under 1.5:2 aspect ratio.

For the v2, I did't want to take more screen estate than is required. I think the RMS meter values are still easily readable. Everything else are just pretty pictures... ;o)

Here the Sky is next to another master limiter, LoudMax. Should the Sky v2 really be bigger?

IMO The Plugin window could be bigger, but I'm ok with the size as it is. Real problem is with fonts size. They appear a lot smaller for windows users than your screenshot :https://www.dropbox.com/s/rt25vyatvl...ky202.png?dl=0
Old 04-07-2019, 07:53 AM   #189
mrelwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regisfofo View Post
IMO The Plugin window could be bigger, but I'm ok with the size as it is. Real problem is with fonts size. They appear a lot smaller for windows users than your screenshot :https://www.dropbox.com/s/rt25vyatvl...ky202.png?dl=0
Oh scrap. It must be an issue with all my plugins then. I have no clue how to solve this, must investigate.
Old 04-07-2019, 09:56 AM   #190
mrelwood

I would ask for you guys to help me out a bit. I would need a few Windows and Linux users to install a Font Test plugin, and to send me a screen capture of how it looks on your system. The test plugin download link:

(Link removed. Thanks guys!)

I will edit this post as soon as I get a few screenshots.

Thanks!

Last edited by mrelwood; 04-07-2019 at 02:12 PM.
Old 04-07-2019, 01:29 PM   #191
Regisfofo

Here it is :

https://www.dropbox.com/s/q2hqvx0wok...0test.png?dl=0

cheers
Old 04-07-2019, 01:43 PM   #192
bolgwrad

Hi Mr. E.

Windows XP SP3; monitor is 1920 x 1080.

Cheers

Last edited by bolgwrad; 07-25-2021 at 02:13 PM.
bolgwrad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 02:17 PM   #193
mrelwood

Wow, that was a lot easier than I expected! It’s the Trebuchet MS font which I use in every plugin, it is a lot smaller for both Win and Linux than it is on a Mac. I will change the font on all my plugins during the next week.

Thanks guys!
Old 04-14-2019, 10:51 PM   #194
mrelwood

Routter updated to 1.12:
- Changed to a font that should look more uniform across Win/Mac/Linux.
- Minor graphics refinements.

https://mrelwood5.wixsite.com/plugins

Next to receive the font change (and possible other upgrades) are the compressors and Sky.
Old 04-14-2019, 11:38 PM   #195
sievr

will you plan maybe one of them make open source?
sievr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 11:41 PM   #196
mrelwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by sievr View Post
will you plan maybe one of them make open source?
I'm not sure what you mean. More open source than any JS plugin?
Old 04-16-2019, 11:08 AM   #197
mrelwood

Mothercomp received a nice GUI update to 1.16:
- Changed font for better compatibility between Win/Mac/Linux.
- Attack Defence slider is now permanently visible.
- All buttons now operate with just a single click.
- Plugin scaling is now more responsive.

https://mrelwood5.wixsite.com/plugins

Sonnycomp will receive the same updates hopefully within a week.
Old 04-17-2019, 08:08 AM   #198
Eliseat

Many thanks for this nice GUI overhaul.
Old 06-12-2019, 12:24 AM   #199
mrelwood

Hi guys. Unfortunately my coding has been slow due to health issues. While working with the virtual guitar amp (published at a later date) I have created a few tools that I thought could be useful to some. I decided to polish a few of them and release as separate plugins. This is the first:

I'm opening a public beta on a very versatile and powerful EQ, in mrelwood plugins fashion: LinkEQ 0.51 beta.

Please have a peek, and tell me what works for you and what doesn't, what you like and what you don't.

LinkEQ 0.51 beta main features:
- Parametric EQ with up to 8 EQ bands of freely chosen LPF, HPF and two bell types.
- Stereo, Mid, Side, Left or Right processing, separately for each band.
- Select and edit multiple EQ points at the same time!
- Points can snap and be dragged to chromatic note frequencies (440Hz base A only for now).
- A zoomable, precise spectrum analyzer (Stereo/M-S) (on/off switchable).
- Automatic volume control (on/off switchable).
- Link feature links two or more LinkEQ plugins in a project! "Master" instance controls the selected EQ bands in the slave instances (with -100% to 100% scaling per band).

Hopefully you'll have a blast with this one!

Last edited by mrelwood; 06-12-2019 at 04:32 AM. Reason: Updated already to 0.51.
Old 06-12-2019, 03:06 AM   #200
lachinhan

Quote:
Hi guys. Unfortunately my coding has been slow due to health issues. While working with the virtual guitar amp (published at a later date) I have created a few tools that I thought could be useful to some. I decided to polish a few of them and release as separate plugins. This is the first:

I'm opening a public beta on a very versatile and powerful EQ, in mrelwood plugins fashion: LinkEQ 0.50 beta.

Please have a peek, and tell me what works for you and what doesn't, what you like and what you don't.

LinkEQ 0.50 beta main features:
- Parametric EQ with up to 8 EQ bands of freely chosen LPF, HPF and two bell types.
- Stereo, Mid, Side, Left or Right processing, separately for each band.
- Select and edit multiple EQ points at the same time!
- A zoomable, precise spectrum analyzer (Stereo/M-S) (on/off switchable).
- Automatic volume control (on/off switchable).
- Link feature links two or more LinkEQ plugins in a project! "Master" instance controls the selected EQ bands in the slave instances (with -100% to 100% scaling per band).

Hopefully you'll have a blast with this one!
Awesome!Thank you so much
lachinhan is offline   Reply With Quote