Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER General Discussion Forum

Old 03-17-2018, 04:54 PM   #761
akademie
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by helgoboss View Post
The upcoming version 1.14.0 will look for the Playtime data directory (preferences, registration, controllers) in the directory of the REAPER executable and use it if it exists. But the installer doesn't offer any option yet to install controllers, templates and the plugin itself into a specific portable REAPER directory. I'm planning to add that option.
Well, these are great news helgoboss. I will keep watching and try that new version when available. Seems like time has come, so I will have to put some money aside to buy Playtime soon ;-)

Thanks,
akademie
akademie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 11:32 AM   #762
mrdan

Hi Helgoboss, i suggest to replace the slot on the right of the cells ( the midi control i mean ) with a counter to launch a clip how many times user wants, for example to launch a clip and play it 4 times and another clip to play 5 times. Is there a way to do this ? Thanks
mrdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 03:19 PM   #763
helgoboss

Hi, I have another prerelease for you: 1.14.0-pre4. Hopefully it's the last one for now and I can do a proper release on the weekend. If something doesn't work for you, especially with the installers, please let me know. Thanks!

Some things that happened since 1.14.0-pre3:
- Playtime now supports portable REAPER installations
- Fixed many installer issues, both on Windows and OS X
- Added a bunch of automation parameters that are easier to use than the existing ones
- Scrolling with Launchpad-like controllers now syncs to GUI scrolling, controlled area is now highlighted
- MIDI triggers can now be hidden
- More fixes

Downloads:
- Playtime 1.14.0-pre4 Windows Installer
- playtime-v1.14.0-pre4-portable-win-32-bit.zip
- playtime-v1.14.0-pre4-portable-win-64-bit.zip
- Playtime 1.14.0-pre4 OS X Installer
- playtime-v1.14.0-pre4-portable-osx.zip

Complete list of changes since 1.13.0:
- Resource file location change: The new installer installs controller files, templates and user guide to the common app data directory (usually 'C:\Users\All Users\Playtime' on Windows and '/Library/Application Support/Playtime' on OS X). No worries, your own controller files will still be picked up and added to the list of controllers (but remember they must have a different file name). Whenever the Playtime VSTi is scanned or opened, it automatically copies the track and project templates to the REAPER resources directory if necessary.
- User data location change: Playtime user preferences, registration info (both saved in 'settings.ini') and controllers added by user are now ideally placed in the Playtime directory below the REAPER resources directory (usually 'C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\REAPER\Playtime' on Windows and '/Users/USER/Library/Application Support/REAPER/Playtime' on OS X). But don't worry, it will also look in the old location.
- #132 Added full screen mode (also useful for touchscreens, cell size can be adjusted arbitrarily!)
- #19 Added option to hide MIDI triggers in order to have more screen space available for slot main area (new option is in background context menu)
- #301 Added many alternative automation parameters that are easy to use with buttons/pads/switches (they work with REAPER's built-in MIDI learn in absolute mode, no ReaLearn necessary, see ticket for details)
- #282 Added possibility to record audio output of VST instruments (recording track audio output was possible before but it was not practical because recording while the first clip was still playing would result in the first clip being recorded again)
- #119 Added very basic but effective possibility to fill multiple selected items into slots (column-wise)
- #278 Added basic support for Launchpad Pro
- #283 Added support for Launchkey Mini
- #280 Added basic support for APC Key 25
- #182 Added zip file downloads to website to be used for portable REAPER installations
- #306 Improved user guide by documenting recommended modes (toggle, absolute etc.) for each global automation parameter
- #195 Improved controller scrolling by syncing GUI scroll position with controller scroll position and highlighting the controlled area in the GUI
- #26 Improved MIDI editing experience by making sure that cursor within MIDI editor loops instead of advancing further and further (by automatically setting piano roll timebase to 'Source beats')
- #285 Improved naming of recorded clips by making it more terse (just track name and an auto-incrementing number)
- #281 Improved default settings by making 'Auto-play recorded clips' and 'Play clips with arrangement' the default (makes more sense especially since auto-play has good timing now)
- #302 Improved visibility of currently selected cell by making it stand out more
- #309 Improved behavior when loading/dropping a file into an already filled slot: The existing item now gets deleted
- #310 Improved Playtime behavior when opened in portable REAPER installations (looks for reaper.ini and Playtime app data directory first in REAPER executable directory)
- #313 Improved Windows installer by making it more predictable and easier to use (user doesn't have to choose the VST directory anymore, Playtime will always be installed into a fixed dedicated VST directory, REAPER VST scanning path will be modified if necessary so the Playtime VstPlugins directory is the last one ... last one has highest priority, so old installed versions are just ignored)
- #295 Fixed bug that caused recorded audio clips to have wrong length and let them drift off / go out of sync over time (should only have happened when using non-ideal combinations of tempo and sample rate, now sections are created if necessary to remedy this)
- #287 Fixed bug that often caused audible clicking whenever an undo point was created
- #288 Fixed bug when stopping recording via MIDI controller that caused the group to be stopped as well
- #291 Fixed occasional crash after recording clip when fades are enabled (reproduced only when recording via automation parameter 'Record selected slot', but possibly also in other situations)
- #293 Fixed misbehavior of automation parameter 'Record selected slot' (it needed more taps than necessary)
- #296 Fixed misbehavior of automation parameters 'Trigger selected cell' and 'Record selected slot' (many things, see ticket for details)
- #299 Fixed misbehavior of automation parameter 'Tempo detection mode' (it sometimes needed more taps than necessary)
- #297 Fixed possible crash when deleting a slot item while it's being recorded (this is now prevented)
- #252 Fixed crash when track removed while recording a clip on that track
- #298 Fixed missing peaks after recording audio clips
- #307 Fixed some GUI update issues
- #308 Fixed automation parameters 'Record selected slot, go down/right' misbehavior (they moved to next slot although recording cancelled)
- #311 Fixed possible crash during or after first plug-in scanning
- #198 Fixed buggy installer on Mac OS X
- #267 Fixed problem that caused Playtime not to work in 32-bit REAPER installations on Mac OS X
helgoboss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 08:59 PM   #764
hwhalen

Hello helgoboss and thanx yet for another update.

I've only installed the - Playtime 1.14.0-pre4 Windows Installer
As I've previously installed it, it used my 'CUSTOM' settings.

The location where it installed the controller definitions and dcoumentation on my system is

C:\ProgramData\Playtime

it had previouly used

C:\User\UID\AppData\Roaming\Playtime

The .dlls themselves installed to

C:\Program Files\Playtime\VstPlugins

which is unchanged.

Not sure if this is normal or due to my custom settings.

Thanx, cheers!
hwhalen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 01:32 AM   #765
helgoboss

Quote:
Originally Posted by hwhalen View Post
I've only installed the - Playtime 1.14.0-pre4 Windows Installer
As I've previously installed it, it used my 'CUSTOM' settings.

The location where it installed the controller definitions and dcoumentation on my system is

C:\ProgramData\Playtime

it had previouly used

C:\User\UID\AppData\Roaming\Playtime

The .dlls themselves installed to

C:\Program Files\Playtime\VstPlugins

which is unchanged.

Not sure if this is normal or due to my custom settings.
Yes, it's supposed to be like that. The new installer always uses these paths. The old installer tried to figure out where's the "best" VST directory and let you change it. But that was a source of errors. The new installer doesn't allow any customization and writes VST plugins always to "C:\Program Files\Playtime\VstPlugins". If you want, you can delete the old "Playtime.dll" and "PlaytimeWorker.dll" in your custom VST directory, it's obsolete.

Controller definitions and documentation end up in "C:\ProgramData\Playtime", that's also correct. Your own controller configs are picked up from "C:\Users\UID\AppData\Roaming\REAPER\Playtime" (preferred) and "C:\Users\UID\AppData\Roaming\Playtime" (the old location).

The most important thing to check is if Playtime loads correctly in your REAPER installations and shows "1.14.0-pre4" as version.

Last edited by helgoboss; 03-21-2018 at 02:06 AM.
Old 03-21-2018, 10:04 AM   #766
MCCY

Works. Thank you! What means simple & advanced for trigger sel clip?
MCCY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 05:48 PM   #767
akademie

Quote:
Originally Posted by helgoboss
The upcoming version 1.14.0 will look for the Playtime data directory (preferences, registration, controllers) in the directory of the REAPER executable and use it if it exists. But the installer doesn't offer any option yet to install controllers, templates and the plugin itself into a specific portable REAPER directory. I'm planning to add that option.
Quote:
Originally Posted by akademie View Post
Well, these are great news helgoboss. I will keep watching and try that new version when available. Seems like time has come, so I will have to put some money aside to buy Playtime soon ;-)

Thanks,
akademie
I just bought Playtime today ;-)
Thanks for the portable version, helgoboss!!!
Old 03-22-2018, 02:05 AM   #768
helgoboss

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCCY View Post
Works. Thank you! What means simple & advanced for trigger sel clip?
"simple"
(+) You can simply use REAPER's standard MIDI learn in absolute mode to control the parameter (that's why it is called simple)
(-) Not useful if you want to draw automation envelopes for this parameter because the envelope doesn't indicate if the parameter "on" or "off"
(-) You don't get MIDI feedback (in ReaLearn)

"advanced"
(+) You get MIDI feedback (in ReaLearn)
(+) You see if the parameter is "on" or "off" in an automation envelope
(-) You need to use REAPER's standard MIDI learn in toggle mode or in some cases even ReaLearn to make it work properly
Old 03-22-2018, 10:13 AM   #769
MW1

Question, because I can't find it in here anywhere.
Was it, or is it, possible to use PC signals instead of MIDI notes to trigger stuff now?

I ask because I use a Keith McMillan SoftStep 2. And the effective MIDI note availability at any given time is pretty low. But with Program Change signals there are 100+.
I use that to trigger macros in Reaper in a live setting. Was hoping to be able to use it with the same flexibility with Playtime.

Thanks!
MW1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 12:28 PM   #770
helgoboss

Released Playtime 1.14.0

Changes:
#132 Added full screen mode (also useful for touchscreens, cell size can be adjusted arbitrarily!)
#19 Added option to hide MIDI triggers in order to have more screen space available for slot main area (new option is in background context menu)
#301 Added many alternative automation parameters that are easy to use with buttons/pads/switches (they work with REAPER's built-in MIDI learn in absolute mode, no ReaLearn necessary, see ticket for details)
#282 Added possibility to record audio output of VST instruments (recording track audio output was possible before but it was not practical because recording while the first clip was still playing would result in the first clip being recorded again)
#119 Added very basic but effective possibility to fill multiple selected items into slots (column-wise)
#278 Added basic support for Launchpad Pro
#283 Added support for Launchkey Mini
#280 Added basic support for APC Key 25
#182 Added zip file downloads to website to be used for portable REAPER installations
#306 Improved user guide by documenting recommended modes (toggle, absolute etc.) for each global automation parameter
#195 Improved controller scrolling by syncing GUI scroll position with controller scroll position and highlighting the controlled area in the GUI
#26 Improved MIDI editing experience by making sure that cursor within MIDI editor loops instead of advancing further and further (by automatically setting piano roll timebase to 'Source beats')
#285 Improved naming of recorded clips by making it more terse (just track name and an auto-incrementing number)
#281 Improved default settings by making 'Auto-play recorded clips' and 'Play clips with arrangement' the default (makes more sense especially since auto-play has good timing now)
#302 Improved visibility of currently selected cell by making it stand out more
#309 Improved behavior when loading/dropping a file into an already filled slot: The existing item now gets deleted
#310 Improved Playtime behavior when opened in portable REAPER installations (looks for reaper.ini and Playtime app data directory first in REAPER executable directory)
#313 Improved Windows installer by making it more predictable and easier to use (user doesn't have to choose the VST directory anymore, Playtime will always be installed into a fixed dedicated VST directory, REAPER VST scanning path will be modified if necessary so the Playtime VstPlugins directory is the last one ... last one has highest priority, so old installed versions are just ignored)
#295 Fixed bug that caused recorded audio clips to have wrong length and let them drift off / go out of sync over time (should only have happened when using non-ideal combinations of tempo and sample rate, now sections are created if necessary to remedy this)
#287 Fixed bug that often caused audible clicking whenever an undo point was created
#288 Fixed bug when stopping recording via MIDI controller that caused the group to be stopped as well
#291 Fixed occasional crash after recording clip when fades are enabled (reproduced only when recording via automation parameter 'Record selected slot', but possibly also in other situations)
#293 Fixed misbehavior of automation parameter 'Record selected slot' (it needed more taps than necessary)
#296 Fixed misbehavior of automation parameters 'Trigger selected cell' and 'Record selected slot' (many things, see ticket for details)
#299 Fixed misbehavior of automation parameter 'Tempo detection mode' (it sometimes needed more taps than necessary)
#297 Fixed possible crash when deleting a slot item while it's being recorded (this is now prevented)
#252 Fixed crash when track removed while recording a clip on that track
#298 Fixed missing peaks after recording audio clips
#307 Fixed some GUI update issues
#308 Fixed automation parameters 'Record selected slot, go down/right' misbehavior (they moved to next slot although recording cancelled)
#311 Fixed possible crash during or after first plug-in scanning
#198 Fixed buggy installer on Mac OS X
#267 Fixed problem that caused Playtime not to work in 32-bit REAPER installations on Mac OS X

Have fun!

@hwhalen: An automation parameter "Toggle full screen (simple)" is now included.
Old 03-23-2018, 02:10 PM   #771
hwhalen

Thank you kindly helgoboss.
Old 03-24-2018, 11:55 AM   #772
winds350

Default Ouch....

"#313 Improved Windows installer by making it more predictable and easier to use (user doesn't have to choose the VST directory anymore, Playtime will always be installed into a fixed dedicated VST directory, REAPER VST scanning path will be modified if necessary so the Playtime VstPlugins directory is the last one ... last one has highest priority, so old installed versions are just ignored)"

So WHICH of my REAPER installs is the installer going to fix up? I get that you want to make the installer simpler. But you can't know where I want things, so please, please, please ASK me where I want them. If you want to make it a simple as it reasonably can be, remember where I installed it last and use that as the default.
winds350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 12:06 PM   #773
mehmethan

Hi Helgoboss. Thanks for these great enchancements.

I think you know about this great software "Zenaudio ALK2" ==> https://zenaud.io/
It has wonderful features and workflow that can be integrated into Playtime.
- Midi input quantize
- Automation items.
- Trigger transport actions... and many more.
With those additions and workflow, Playtime can be much and much powerful tool for us.

Regards...
mehmethan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 02:00 PM   #774
helgoboss

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds350 View Post
So WHICH of my REAPER installs is the installer going to fix up? I get that you want to make the installer simpler. But you can't know where I want things, so please, please, please ASK me where I want them. If you want to make it a simple as it reasonably can be, remember where I installed it last and use that as the default.
Among the non-portable REAPER installations, there can be a 64-bit and a 32-bit installation only, not more. Both will be correctly adjusted by the Playtime installer because both have their preferences saved in "C:\Users\USER_NAME\AppData\Roaming\REAPER". So there's no need to worry about non-portable installations. In previous installers it was possible to customize the VST path but that was a potential source of hard-to-analyze errors. Users for example had issues with 32-bit Playtime being accidently loaded in 64-bit REAPER and vice versa.

But maybe you are talking about portable REAPER. For portable REAPER installations (of which there can be as many as you want), you need to use the new portable version of Playtime. Other REAPER extensions (ReaPack, SWS) do this the same way.

Summary: Normal REAPER needs normal Playtime. Portable REAPER needs portable Playtime. If you want flexibility in paths, choose portable REAPER with portable Playtime. I would consider everything in between as a dirty hack that potentially opens a can of worms (missing templates, 32-bit/64-bit conflicts, missing controllers etc.).

If you still think that doesn't satisfy your requirements, can you please explain me your use case in more detail?
Old 03-29-2018, 01:15 AM   #775
joesh

Default Playtime and audio files

Hi, I'm interested to know if anyone has tried using audio files in Playtime? I've just downloaded a copy for trial and am busy trying to figure out ways to use Playtime, but using audio, rather than midi. First problem I've found - maybe someone (Benjamin?) can explain where I'm going wrong - is that if you paste a short audio file, Playtime immediately turns it into a loop. This means that (ex: snare) plays constantly on every beat, even though you only want it to play once per bar.

So, if I understand correctly, one has to build or re-record each clip to be exactly the length needed. In other-words if you want a snare once per bar you need an audio clip which does exactly that? Or have I missed something and there's an easier way?

Lastly, or thought this should be another question/thread, has anyone tried using this in a live situation as yet?

Thanks in advance.
joesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 06:26 AM   #776
MW1

Just tested out the lastest release and indeed it still doesn't learn program change signals to tracks.

It looks so promising and it would be an instant purchase on my part if only I could use it like that.

Thanks so much for your work though!
Old 03-29-2018, 04:52 PM   #777
iqi616

Default 30 minutes is one-shot?

Is the 30 minute trial a one-shot deal? I installed it and started to run it and then went in search of some loops. By the time I was ready to try it, the 30 minutes was up. No amount of reboots or waits (20+ hours since my last try) is bringing it back. I do intend to pay but only after I've actually tried it and at the moment it's not cooperating. Trying an uninstall - reinstall.
Old 03-29-2018, 07:24 PM   #778
iqi616

Uninstall and reinstall worked. Now just to figure out which matrix to go for.
Old 04-01-2018, 01:16 PM   #779
Triode

Hi helgoboss

I have OSX 10.6.8

Are there any versions of playtime that work on this OS?

Cheers!
Old 04-01-2018, 01:58 PM   #780
akademie

Hello helgoboss,
why it is not possible to automate/learn the parameter "Trigger action"?

"Play -> Stop/retrigger"
"Record/play -> Stop/retrigger"
"Record (!) -> Play -> Stop"

It does write automation envelope when switched from plugin's GUI, but then when reading recorded automation, parameter does not change (the same if I midi-learn that one).

And this is not the only only one.

Last edited by akademie; 04-01-2018 at 02:20 PM.
Old 04-02-2018, 03:14 AM   #781
rcl

I have had Playtime installed for a few years now. I would like to use the new portable install now. Do I need to uninstall the previous before unpacking the portable zip into my Reaper directory. If so, how?

Thanks
Old 04-02-2018, 07:07 AM   #782
Michael AD

Hi Ben - thanks for your continuing upgrades to Playtime.

I must admit I was a bit nervous to upgrade to this new version, but I had no problems at all. (I did delete the previous VSTs that I had put in a special directory.) All my previous projects loaded properly.

One suggestion for a future upgrade is to allow a group of files to be highlighted in the Media Explorer and then placed into a column. I know how to bring in files that are already in tracks in Reaper, but that requires 64 tracks to be created. Right now I bring in one item at a time from the Media Explorer and tell it to put up to 8 items in one track in Reaper, so I would only need 8 tracks to fill all 64 slots. So it would speed up the process greatly if a user could select 8 items in the Media Explorer and have them import into a column.

Thanks again for a wonderful program!
Michael AD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 06:53 PM   #783
iqi616

Quote:
I haven't assigned those round buttons as group stop buttons because they don't look like they are supposed to stop groups. The first 4 buttons have arrow symbols so I assigned them to act as navigation buttons. That's also the reason why they are not available for MIDI learn. The last 4 buttons are not assigned.

That means group stopping works like on the Launchpad: Press another unassigned pad in the column and it will stop the group.

I could offer an alternative template where the round buttons act as group stop buttons - but then you would lose the ability to navigate (in case you have more than 8x8 slots).
Yes please. I would like an alternative template with the round buttons as group stop buttons. Apart from that I'm pleased with the way it's working.
Old 04-11-2018, 04:36 PM   #784
shmuelyosef

Controller setups...have you tested with APC20? (your notes list APC40, APC mini, APC Key 25, but not APC20...is there something specifically wrong? I own an APC20)

Have you tested the functionality of the Launchpad Pro? Does most of it work with Learn mode or is there tricky stuff (particularly Note mode??)
shmuelyosef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 11:26 AM   #785
helgoboss

Quote:
Originally Posted by joesh View Post
Hi, I'm interested to know if anyone has tried using audio files in Playtime? I've just downloaded a copy for trial and am busy trying to figure out ways to use Playtime, but using audio, rather than midi. First problem I've found - maybe someone (Benjamin?) can explain where I'm going wrong - is that if you paste a short audio file, Playtime immediately turns it into a loop. This means that (ex: snare) plays constantly on every beat, even though you only want it to play once per bar.

So, if I understand correctly, one has to build or re-record each clip to be exactly the length needed. In other-words if you want a snare once per bar you need an audio clip which does exactly that? Or have I missed something and there's an easier way?
Right click on slot => Convert to one shot

Quote:
Originally Posted by MW1 View Post
Just tested out the lastest release and indeed it still doesn't learn program change signals to tracks.
This would be a new feature. MIDI learn supports CC and NOTE messages only right now. Program Change is different in nature because there's no on/off. With CC or NOTE messages I can send for example a CC15 with value 100 to play a clip and the same CC with value 0 to stop it (if MIDI Toggle Mode is off). Program Change would only work if MIDI Toggle Mode is on because it can send "on" only. With that natural limitation in mind, I could add it. For which thing do you want to use Program Change? To untrigger groups or to (un)trigger scenes/slots?

Quote:
Originally Posted by iqi616 View Post
Is the 30 minute trial a one-shot deal? I installed it and started to run it and then went in search of some loops. By the time I was ready to try it, the 30 minutes was up. No amount of reboots or waits (20+ hours since my last try) is bringing it back. I do intend to pay but only after I've actually tried it and at the moment it's not cooperating. Trying an uninstall - reinstall.
That's super weird. Even just removing Playtime FX and adding it again should be enough to reset the 30 minutes limit to trigger clips. Please note that loading/saving is never possible in the trial version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triode View Post
I have OSX 10.6.8

Are there any versions of playtime that work on this OS?
I fear not. 10.7 is the minimum, there won't be a version below that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akademie View Post
Hello helgoboss,
why it is not possible to automate/learn the parameter "Trigger action"?

"Play -> Stop/retrigger"
"Record/play -> Stop/retrigger"
"Record (!) -> Play -> Stop"

It does write automation envelope when switched from plugin's GUI, but then when reading recorded automation, parameter does not change (the same if I midi-learn that one).
I will look into that. I could reproduce a state in which it indeed doesn't work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcl View Post
I have had Playtime installed for a few years now. I would like to use the new portable install now. Do I need to uninstall the previous before unpacking the portable zip into my Reaper directory. If so, how?

Thanks
If you use Playtime also in a normal (non-portable) REAPER install then you should keep the non-portable installation. If not, then you are free to remove it. However, it's not strictly necessary because your portable REAPER will always prefer the portable Playtime, not the globally installed one.

If you want to uninstall the global Playtime on Windows, run the uninstaller. You can also do it manually by deleting "C:\Program Files\Playtime", "C:\Program Files (x86)\Playtime", "<YOUR_VST_PLUGIN_PATH>\Playtime*.dll" (the last one only for versions < 1.14.0).

If you want to uninstall on OS X, delete "/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST/Playtime*" (for versions >= 1.14.0) and "/Users/USER_NAME/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST/Playtime*" (for versions < 1.14.0).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael AD View Post
One suggestion for a future upgrade is to allow a group of files to be highlighted in the Media Explorer and then placed into a column. I know how to bring in files that are already in tracks in Reaper, but that requires 64 tracks to be created. Right now I bring in one item at a time from the Media Explorer and tell it to put up to 8 items in one track in Reaper, so I would only need 8 tracks to fill all 64 slots. So it would speed up the process greatly if a user could select 8 items in the Media Explorer and have them import into a column.
Please vote for this FR: https://bitbucket.org/helgoboss/play...-files-at-once

You don't strictly need 64 tracks though. You can also have all 64 items in one track. However, I see how that could get a bit messy

Quote:
Originally Posted by iqi616 View Post
Yes please. I would like an alternative template with the round buttons as group stop buttons. Apart from that I'm pleased with the way it's working.
I created a FR: https://bitbucket.org/helgoboss/play...e-for-apc-mini

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmuelyosef View Post
Controller setups...have you tested with APC20? (your notes list APC40, APC mini, APC Key 25, but not APC20...is there something specifically wrong? I own an APC20)

Have you tested the functionality of the Launchpad Pro? Does most of it work with Learn mode or is there tricky stuff (particularly Note mode??)
I haven't tested APC20, was not on my radar because it seems to be a legacy product.

The Launchpad Pro is a work in progress. What works so far:
- Triggering clips with visual feedback
- Scrolling with the arrow buttons
- In version 1.14.1 also: Click button, record button, delete button (without visual feedback)

I'm planning to improve this step by step.
Old 04-16-2018, 11:29 AM   #786
helgoboss

Released Playtime 1.14.1

Changes:
#303 Added option 'Move items between tracks' in settings (when this is on, items will be moved to the corresponding group track when moving/copying clips)
#305 Improved Launchpad Pro support by making buttons Record, Delete and Click work (without visual feedback so far)
#315 Fixed incorrect item cut when filling slot with an item that already has an audio section
#314 Fixed potentially non-working OS X installation by using different installer flags and automatically removing old Playtime plugin in user-specific directory
Old 04-16-2018, 12:54 PM   #787
ThrashJazzAssassin

Quote:
#303 Added option 'Move items between tracks' in settings (when this is on, items will be moved to the corresponding group track when moving/copying clips)
Works beautifully. Thank you!
Old 04-17-2018, 02:12 PM   #788
MW1

Quote:
Right click on slot => Convert to one shot

This would be a new feature. MIDI learn supports CC and NOTE messages only right now. Program Change is different in nature because there's no on/off. With CC or NOTE messages I can send for example a CC15 with value 100 to play a clip and the same CC with value 0 to stop it (if MIDI Toggle Mode is off). Program Change would only work if MIDI Toggle Mode is on because it can send "on" only. With that natural limitation in mind, I could add it. For which thing do you want to use Program Change? To untrigger groups or to (un)trigger scenes/slots?

If, for example, I could use it in MIDI toggle mode to trigger scenes/slots that would be cool.
In using the Softstep 2 controller sending PC messages, at any given time you have access to 10 commands at a time. And in a click up or down, other banks of 10.
Easily over 100 commands to use, even if each can only send "on" that is more than enough to play around with.

If this could be possible:

SoftStep 2 bank 1:

Button 1 - Record/Stop (or auto play?) slot 1
Button 2 - Play/stop Slot 1
Button 3 - Record/Stop (or auto play?) slot 2
Button 4 - Play/stop Slot 2
Button 5 - Record/Stop (or auto play?) slot 3
Button 6 - Play/stop Slot 3
Button 7 - Record/Stop (or auto play?) slot 4
Button 8 - Play/stop Slot 4
Button 9 - Record/Stop (or auto play?) slot 5
Button 10 - Play/stop Slot 5

Is this feasible then?

Or would it be limited to:
Button 1 - Record/Stop (or Play) slot 1
Button 2 - Play slot 1
Button 3 - Stop slot 1
Button 4 - Record/Stop (or Play) slot 2
Button 5 - Play slot 2
Button 6 - Stop slot 2
Button 7 - Record/Stop (or Play) slot 3
Button 8 - Play slot 3
Button 9 - Stop slot 3
Button 10 - unknown

Scenario 1 is preferable, but #2 is still totally workable.

Last edited by MW1; 04-17-2018 at 02:36 PM. Reason: adding info
Old 05-04-2018, 11:35 PM   #789
yonhorizon

Default pre roll

ok it looks cool, thinking of buying it. though on the first run of 5 minutes, getting very strange behavior .

cant seem to be able to record with preroll.
it starts to record straight away. so i have two measures empty.
my reaper default pre roll is two measures.
in playtime settings i set it to record\play : next measure
also when i right click the clip in playtime and change the start position of the clip, i cant see anymore the notes in the clip, and when i double click it, it opens item properties, not midi editor.
sometimes the notes appear on a crazy time-space location ( screenshot added )

mostly want to record with preroll
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen Shot 2018-05-05 at 9.34.06.png (55.7 KB, 232 views)
yonhorizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 06:33 PM   #790
mat42291

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonhorizon View Post
ok it looks cool, thinking of buying it. though on the first run of 5 minutes, getting very strange behavior .

also when i right click the clip in playtime and change the start position of the clip, i cant see anymore the notes in the clip, and when i double click it, it opens item properties, not midi editor.

Was just going to pop in to ask about this too. I can't seem to get a countdown for recording a new track. Metronome is on, count in before measure starts is selected. Everything works outside of playtime when using reaper's record.
mat42291 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 03:34 AM   #791
todd_r

Quote:
- #119 Added very basic but effective possibility to fill multiple selected items into slots (column-wise)...
Thanks! Will give it a whirl
todd_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 01:39 PM   #792
mat42291

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonhorizon View Post

So I figured this out. Make sure in your metronome settings you have preroll for playback selected. This one stumped me for a bit. When you record a new item it's recording, but I think Reaper treats it as playback
mat42291 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 01:48 AM   #793
ugh

I installed Playtime again after some years.
It have a custom installation path of Reaper and there was no playtime track template anywhere to be found. Is it just the VST plugin on a track or is there anything special to that track template ?

*edit* ok, I searched all harddisks with search process and found out where the track template was hiding. Copied it to the proper location, all is fine now.

Last edited by ugh; 05-20-2018 at 05:55 AM.
ugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 04:48 AM   #794
sickamorz
Banned

I've looked at playtime several times but I do not see why people say great, fantastic. It looks very crude as if it is a beta version. Is there a future version that will be refined and professional looking.

Sorry, but this is how I see it.
sickamorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 04:55 AM   #795
wholehalf

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickamorz View Post
I've looked at playtime several times but I do not see why people say great, fantastic. It looks very crude as if it is a beta version. Is there a future version that will be refined and professional looking.

IMO It's a clean interface that is intuitive to use, works great and doesn't get in the way. What is missing for you? And also how do you define 'professional looking'?

Last edited by wholehalf; 05-23-2018 at 04:57 AM. Reason: Forgot 'you'
wholehalf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 06:12 AM   #796
Michael AD

Quote:
It works GREAT with my Launchpad Pro. And I have no problem with the way it looks.

And I see nothing in its design that hinders its use.
Michael AD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 06:47 AM   #797
hwhalen

Quote:

Looking at something is not using it.
Try a little live interaction with the product it you really want to know its value.
Old 06-04-2018, 04:20 PM   #798
todd_r

Quote:
Released Playtime 1.14.0

#119 Added very basic but effective possibility to fill multiple selected items into slots (column-wise)
Ok, how do you use this?
Old 06-05-2018, 02:35 AM   #799
helgoboss

Quote:
Originally Posted by todd_r View Post
Ok, how do you use this?
Very similar to how you would do it if you would want to fill only one item into one slot:

1. Select the items that you want to import into Playtime
2. Right-click on the slot (the one that should be filled with the first selected item) and click "Fill column-wise with selected items"
Old 06-06-2018, 02:37 PM   #800
todd_r

Quote:
Very similar to how you would do it if you would want to fill only one item into one slot:

1. Select the items that you want to import into Playtime
2. Right-click on the slot (the one that should be filled with the first selected item) and click "Fill column-wise with selected items"
Ah, I see. They have to actually be in the project. Would it be possible for it to work from the media browser or project bay?