Old 08-07-2020, 02:32 AM   #1
earhax
Human being with feelings

Default Why can't I see media item peaks edge highlights?

I have tried adjusting the following settings both via the theme tweak/configuration window, as well as editing them directly in the ReaperTheme file. But no matter what I do, I can't see the edge highlight on the media item peaks.

Media item peaks edge highlight (even tracks) -->> col_peaksedge2
Media item peaks edge highlight (odd tracks) -->> col_peaksedge
Media item peaks edge highlight when selected (even tracks) -->> col_peaksedgesel2
Media item peaks edge highlight when selected (odd tracks) -->> col_peaksedgesel

Is there some other setting in the rtconfig.txt for the theme that enables this? Is there something that could be overriding it?

Also, where can I find the value for the opacity of the white highlight/overlay when selecting tracks or media items, as well as the saturation of the track colors?

The track colors look a bit washed out to begin with, and when selecting them, at times it's hard to see which tracks are actually selected. Same goes for the media items. Hoping I can tweak my custom theme to fix this.

I should probably mention that the theme I am using is based upon the Default_5.0.ReaperThemeZip - not the current Default_6.0 theme.
earhax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 05:13 AM   #2
martmix

Quote:
Originally Posted by earhax View Post
I have tried adjusting the following settings both via the theme tweak/configuration window, as well as editing them directly in the ReaperTheme file. But no matter what I do, I can't see the edge highlight on the media item peaks.

Media item peaks edge highlight (even tracks) -->> col_peaksedge2
Media item peaks edge highlight (odd tracks) -->> col_peaksedge
Media item peaks edge highlight when selected (even tracks) -->> col_peaksedgesel2
Media item peaks edge highlight when selected (odd tracks) -->> col_peaksedgesel

Is there some other setting in the rtconfig.txt for the theme that enables this? Is there something that could be overriding it?

Also, where can I find the value for the opacity of the white highlight/overlay when selecting tracks or media items, as well as the saturation of the track colors?

The track colors look a bit washed out to begin with, and when selecting them, at times it's hard to see which tracks are actually selected. Same goes for the media items. Hoping I can tweak my custom theme to fix this.

I should probably mention that the theme I am using is based upon the Default_5.0.ReaperThemeZip - not the current Default_6.0 theme.

do you have this enable in preference?

martmix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 05:52 AM   #3
earhax

Quote:
Originally Posted by martmix View Post
do you have this enable in preference?
Yes, that option is checked. However, that and a few of the other options listed on that page are greyed out. And when I click on the check box, after the description of what that preference does, there's a notice that the "color theme may override this preference."

Also, I tried switching to a couple of other themes based on the default 5.0 theme, and I was able to see the edges on the waveform peaks using those other themes. So I think it must be a setting in my theme that is overriding it. Does anyone know what setting it could be?

And again, if anyone knows how to change the opacity of the white highlighting When selecting tracks or media items, please let me know that as well. Thanks!
Old 08-07-2020, 07:32 AM   #4
Embass

Try to comment out "peaksedges" line in rtconfig.txt file and reload theme.
Embass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 02:42 AM   #5
martmix

this setting supose to work,on mine it works

Last edited by martmix; 08-10-2020 at 02:47 AM.
martmix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 12:50 PM   #6
earhax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Embass View Post
Try to comment out "peaksedges" line in rtconfig.txt file and reload theme.
Embass wins! This fixed it. I had peaksedges 0 in the rtconfig.

Thank you!!!

Still not sure how to change the opacity of the white highlight/overlay applied when selecting tracks or media items/takes, as well as the saturation of the track colors. Hopefully someone knows and will eventually reply on how to adjust these things as well.
Old 08-10-2020, 06:44 PM   #7
earhax

Well, I sort of stumbled upon how to make the selection highlight and background color changes I was aiming for by looking at the theme element finder. I just had to edit a few png files in the theme.

item_bg.png
item_bg_sel.png
tcp_bg.png
tcp_bgsel.png