Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Bug Reports

Old 08-05-2020, 11:39 AM   #1
rw3iss
Human being with feelings

Default Bug with adding same wav file to new track, then deleting, removes original?

Hi, I'm experiencing this behavior whereby:

If I make a new audio track, import an audio sample, stretch and loop it... then I make a new audio track, import the SAME wav file to the new track, it will import fine, but then if I delete this new wav file in the new track, it seems to delete the first instance of the loop in the previous track! If I keep reading the audio to the new track, and deleting, it will continue to delete a single loop from the beginning of the other track. Bug or feature?

It seems to only do this when 'tempo matching is on'. When off, it will put the new audio file anywhere, but split and push the original track's audio files out of the way (before or after)... not sure why the new track wants to correlate with the old track so much... shouldn't affect the other audio samples if it's a new track?

Please see video: https://imgur.com/a/rrnxrHS

EDIT: Furthermore, it looks like Reaper deletes all tracks when only having one take selected and pressing "Delete" or mouse-select "Cut Take" or "Cmd+X", etc... is this default behavior?? Video here shows delete from these ways, and the other unselected tracks being deleted...

Video: https://imgur.com/a/uPHUDRD

I also cleared all my settings... deleted /REAPER directory in user Application Support folder (on Mac)... same behaviors though.

[SOLVED]: Had 'Ripple editing enabled' for all tracks... but that was default? Meh.

Last edited by rw3iss; 08-05-2020 at 12:14 PM.
rw3iss is offline   Reply With Quote