Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Bug Reports

Old 08-11-2017, 05:59 PM   #1
daeavelwyn
Human being with feelings

Default MIDI editor OSC receive but not apply

Hi,

So, regarding this post : https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=188474 and this one : https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=187524

I can confirm a strange behaviour in Reaper. OSC message doesn't apply to midi editor even when MIDI editor get the focus. OSC messages are received from my lemur tablet as the OSC monitoring lets me know (in preferences > control/OSC/web > control surface settings > listen). So using Lemur as an advanced MIDI controller for midi editor is not possible in my case.

I'm not a programmer so, perhaps I miss something. If it's the case I'd really appreciate some help to set my OSC config !
daeavelwyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 12:10 AM   #2
ivansc

3 threads already?!?!?

Do us all a favour and try not to clog the place up like this.

Any answers you are likely to get will only need the one thread to attract attntion.
Could be nobody has an answer?

FWIW I have been using touchOSC with my setup for a long time and it works just fine, including the scenarios you are talking about. Maybe you should have a look at the Lemur-specific threads on here?
Old 08-12-2017, 05:59 AM   #3
daeavelwyn

3 threads in 4 months....

I've made lots of search in lemur forum, in this forum, and in a lot of other forums relating to lua / osc / general setup (VSL forum is also a good place), but I still can't figure why Reaper has this behaviour and how to make it works with lemur OSC.

BTW even if we aren't talking about OSC, lost of focus while using action list > MIDI editor and switching between midi items shouldn't happen. It's an issue I can't investatigate on because of lack of informations / debug process about reaper MIDI editor behaviour.

Messages are received from lemur by reaper, but not applied. TouchOSC is out of scope here as it's, from far, really too limited.

Feel free to let me know if you can indicate me a (some) way(s) I can investigate further on ;-)

Last edited by daeavelwyn; 08-12-2017 at 07:37 AM.
daeavelwyn is offline   Reply With Quote