COCKOS
CONFEDERATED FORUMS
Cockos : REAPER : NINJAM : Forums
Forum Home : Register : FAQ : Members List : Search :
Old 02-06-2011, 11:44 AM   #1
alt1579
Human being with feelings

Default First jam today, want moar!

Dowloaded and set up Ninjam client and tried my first jam today, had lots of fun! This has given me loads of inspiration to keep practicing!
Speaking of which, I learned a song on one of the servers today, but I can't recall the name of it... I can't remember who taught it to me, either. I sux

So, to who it was that taught me this song, can you please tell me what it is? The chord schema is A B Bm E D A and F#m B Bm E D A.

Thanks!
alt1579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 12:28 AM   #2
pljones

Welcome aboard - there's nothing quite like jamming with other musicians. (Just a reminder, you state that you own the copyright to anything you play on the test servers and license it for use under a Creative Commons licence. Playing material where the copyright is owned by others and not appropriately licensed is not allowed.)

If you go to http://autosong.ninjam.com and search on your name, you'll find all the recordings made with you in; that might help?
http://autosong.ninjam.com/index.php?search=alt1579
pljones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 05:29 AM   #3
alt1579

Thanks! I found the recording and the name of the person(s) I was jamming with.

EDIT: Listening to the recording, and the lag is painfully obvious. I'll see what I can do to optimize on my end.

Last edited by alt1579; 02-07-2011 at 05:39 AM.
Old 02-07-2011, 01:22 PM   #4
pljones

A hint on lag: when you play, you should only be able to hear the output from NINJAM - none of your input signal should be getting to your ears any other way. You should also always be able to hear the click track NINJAM's playing, so you know where you're meant to be. If you're playing in time to the click, and you hear it in time with the click, there's no lag (you get to blame everyone else!).

Technical help: ideally get a soundcard with a good ASIO driver; a second choice is to get ASIO4ALL and use that. In either case, you want your input and output buffer sizes as low as possible (ideally 128 samples or less).
pljones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 03:15 PM   #5
alt1579

Thanks for the tip! I'm using Line6 Toneport or Pod XTLive to connect, so I'll have to figure out how to get it set up properly.