Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER for Live Use

Old 01-01-2021, 07:51 PM   #1
themixtape
Human being with feelings

Default Master effects / midi-learnable performance FX plugins

Hi all! I'm usually found on the main forum section, not here.... but I was doing some stuff with Ableton, and I really like the whole "Audio Effect Rack" Macro thing. It's super handy for performance FX (like the Pioneer DJ controllers, and their pads).

Can anyone recommend a good plugin (or handful of plugins) that are midi-learnable (hell, I think all of them are, with Reaper's automation learn stuff)?

FX such as Cutoff / Reverb (combined into one knob, possibly?)... like how Ableton can do a filter cut and also an inverted Reverb send... the more you cut the frequency, the higher the reverb amount.... I love that.

I know Sugar Bytes has some amazing and fun performance FX... I just don't know if they'd work in a master channel/master FX kind of way.

Any recommendations are much appreciated. Thanks, all! Happy New Year and good riddance to 2020.
Old 01-01-2021, 10:11 PM   #2
themixtape

Seems like Turnado by SugarBytes can do a lot of the good stuff. You can midi-map the 8 controls (using encoders, knobs, or momentary buttons, for max value). Gives Ableton a run for its money, for damn sure. Yay Reaper, yet again.
Old 01-01-2021, 11:47 PM   #3
mschnell

Quote:
Originally Posted by themixtape View Post
(hell, I think all of them are, with Reaper's automation learn stuff)?
Be very careful to understand the details of Reaper's "Midi Learn". As in Reaper this term is not exactly used for Learning actual "Midi Messages" (in the tracks' midi streams) but for learning "Reaper Control Path Messages" (outside of the tracks in Reaper's "guts"), this can be very confusing.
OTOH "Midi Learn" within plugins (e.g. Kontakt) of course is applied to real Midi messages.

-Michael
mschnell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 05:47 AM   #4
Regisfofo

Zebra/ Zebrify...
Regisfofo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 12:54 PM   #5
themixtape

Thanks! Figured it all out... it's great. The Parameter Learn thing is amazing. You just put it on whatever track you want, touch the knob on the plugin, and then "Learn", then move your encoder... flawless.

Thanks again!