Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Compatibility

Old 01-29-2018, 06:25 AM   #1
rodzroom
Human being with feelings

Default Focusrite Clarett 8-Pre X, inputs not showing anymore

Hello all,
Mac High-Sierra, Reaper 5.70, Focusrite Clarett Pre-X (latest control software).

I'm not exactly sure when, but all of a sudden, I don't get the recording input options anymore for my Focusrite Clarett 8-Pre X. The last thing I did was record something from input 1 maybe 2 weeks ago, but have been mixing and not recording lately, so I'm just noticing this.

My system sound runs through it, and everything works as expected. In Audio/Midi setup, it is there and it looks like it should (both audio and MIDI). It shows in Reaper as a device and I am able to select it (although my setup has been the same for months and months now).

I tried installing a previous version of Reaper; didn't resolve the issue. (I re-installed 5.70.)

I downloaded the latest version of Focusrite Control; didn't resolve the issue.

Screenshot of what the input choices look like attached; and of my Focusrite Thunderbolt as the selected device. Any suggestions would be much appreciated!
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg Screen Shot 2018-01-29 at 8.21.17 AM.jpeg (42.7 KB, 264 views)
File Type: jpeg Screen Shot 2018-01-29 at 8.24.18 AM.jpeg (28.0 KB, 239 views)
rodzroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 07:37 AM   #2
solger

Make sure you're using the correct input box (instead of the one shown in your screenshot) in the Track Panel - since there are two different ones.

If necessary, drag either the Track Panel bigger to see all buttons and input boxes.
Or Right-Click on the Track Record Arm Button to access the Input and Recording options this way.
solger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 09:33 AM   #3
rodzroom

Default OMG

I'm at work right now, but I was afraid that it might be something stupid like that... Ugh. I'm such a creature of habit that, if anything changes in the UI, I freak out like a noob. I'm guessing that I did something weird with the track layout. I'll have to invent an illness so that I can go home and confirm.
rodzroom is offline   Reply With Quote