Old 11-21-2019, 09:55 AM   #1
Larry Kriz
Human being with feelings

Default Automation Lanes

Just curious. I'm learning about automation lanes and all the editing features concerning automation. I like the way Reaper handles all this. A lot cleaner than Samplitudes method.

But I was wondering something. Normally I would hide those lanes after I'm done working with them. Once hidden though, there's no visible indicator that there's an automation lane associated with that track right? Hiding automation curves usually confuses me later (since I can't see that there was anything there). Wouldn't it be nice to have a little something visible on the track control area that alerts you to the presence of automation lanes? Or does that option exist somehow someway?

Thanks!

PS - maybe the little Trim icon could become a different color or something?
Old 11-21-2019, 12:28 PM   #2
Calaban

It’s possible!

Problem is I don’t remember how to do it because I don’t work that way. But I’ve done it before so just keep digging.
Calaban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 02:19 PM   #3
Larry Kriz

I guess a workaround for what I was suggesting is to change the envelope view from "envelope lanes" to "Show all visible track envelopes in media lane".

That takes everything from the lanes and plops it on top of the media item. You can switch them back and forth easily.