Old 02-02-2024, 12:35 PM   #1
sockmonkey72
Human being with feelings

Default v7.09+dev0202 - February 2 2024

v7.09+dev0202 - February 2 2024
  • * Includes feature branch: Media Explorer time selection, channel selection improvements
  • * Includes feature branch: VST prefetch reporting
  • * Includes feature branch: notify user if default menu changed after a menu was customized
  • * Includes feature branch: extended ASCII encoding for .wav file text metadata
  • * Includes feature branch: envelope list window improvements
  • * Includes feature branch: media items on higher numbered lanes optionally mask playback of lower lanes
  • * Includes feature branch: increase fixed lane limit to 256 lanes
  • + API: support get_config_var(__fx_loadstate_ctx) for VST/CLAP use, char value will be 'P' if loading preset/via script, 'u' if instantiating from undo, 'U' if loading updated undo state
  • + CLAP: add per-plugin option to disable offsetting automation by PDC amount [t=287191]
  • + Media explorer: disable reverse preview for MIDI (playback has never been supported, but display was misleading)
  • + Pan law: set default for new projects to hybrid taper [p=2753690]
  • + Preferences: remove misleading 'ms' label on default media item fade-in/fade-out
  • + Razor edit: fix deleting tiny media items [t=287852]
  • + Regions: add actions to set loop points to current, previous, or next region
This thread is for pre-release features discussion. Use the Feature Requests forum for other requests.

Changelog - Pre-Releases

Generated by X-Raym's REAPER ChangeLog to BBCode
Old 02-02-2024, 01:54 PM   #2
BPBaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sockmonkey72 View Post
[[*]+ Razor edit: fix deleting tiny media items
Speaking of razor edits and tiny items, would it be possible to revisit the minimum size for razor edits?

Now that it's possible to make fades and deletions via RE, sometimes you want you use RE when zoomed way in. But REs disappear below a certain ms, while time selections work all the way down to the sample.

See here: https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=271656

If it makes sense to have REs disappear below a certain size for usability purposes, could it be based on, say, a percentage of the visible display relative to the zoom level rather than in ms?
BPBaker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2024, 02:22 PM   #3
bolgwrad

+ Regions: add actions to set loop points to current, previous, or next region

Very handy, thanks
Old 02-02-2024, 10:19 PM   #4
PitchSlap

Quote:
v7.09+dev0202 - February 2 2024
  • + Media explorer: disable reverse preview for MIDI (playback has never been supported, but display was misleading)
Testing with 6.83/7.001 (picked randomly) you're right. Reversed MIDI wouldn't play, but didn't crash.
Being able to see the MIDI in reverse even if without hearing is still useful compared to nothing IMO (visualize the structure and see how it lines up with existing MIDI etc.)
In that case it's not much different than previewing MIDI with the default Output 1 /Output 2.

Assuming the reverse playback direction setting is just reading the file back to front like with audio, the reason it didn't work might be as simple as "note off" at the start of a reversed note, and "note on" at the end = no notes triggered.
All it should take for MIDI is to make "play reversed" = "reverse all events" which is how it works in the MIDI Editor. If the Media Explorer needs actual .mid files maybe it could just write the events in reverse order to a temp file?

Of course, reversing CC values can screw up playback, but that's easily fixed by enabling a JSFX to filter them (I use one on every track anyway.)
Basic MIDI preview (notes only) is better than no MIDI preview 100% of the time.

I tried creating a simple JS that swaps note on/off messages out of curiosity to see if it would help reverse playback but gave up after too many failed attempts lol
I'm thinking it might just be easier to skip using the Media Explorer for this and just add a bunch of .mid to the timeline, batch reverse the items and preview from there.
Old 02-03-2024, 10:36 AM   #5
smandrap

Thanks for the ME additions. Could you please take a look at this while you're working on it?
Old 02-04-2024, 12:45 AM   #6
sockmonkey72

Quote:
  • + Preferences: remove misleading 'ms'
Thanks for this improvement. It'd be really useful if you could type "5s" or "20ms" or similar time values, and have them auto-parse into the time format displayed.
Old 02-04-2024, 12:48 AM   #7
Thonex

Quote:
Thanks for this improvement. It'd be really useful if you could type "5s" or "20ms" or similar time values, and have them auto-parse into the time format displayed.
OOooo... yes!! That would be great. It's very tedious to type in values in the fields provided because you have to select the proper decimal placements where you're going to type. It's very hard to do that on a 4K monitor. Very tedious

Cheers,

Andrew K
Old 02-04-2024, 01:31 AM   #8
gofer
-blänk-

* Includes feature branch: envelope list window improvements

I still get these borked collapse icons in the envelope list windows even on a clean portable install on macOS Sonoma 14:

Seeing that nobody else is mentioning it anymore I am wondering whether it could be something on my system?
gofer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2024, 10:24 PM   #9
Justin
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gofer View Post
* Includes feature branch: envelope list window improvements

I still get these borked collapse icons in the envelope list windows even on a clean portable install on macOS Sonoma 14:

Seeing that nobody else is mentioning it anymore I am wondering whether it could be something on my system?

hmm what do the checkboxes in the project bay list (collapse) look like?
Justin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2024, 06:02 AM   #10
gofer
-blänk-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin View Post
hmm what do the checkboxes in the project bay list (collapse) look like?
Oh, I never noticed! Project bay FX Parameters tab has the same collapse icons with the black square on my MacBook, even in official v7.09.
gofer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2024, 04:29 AM   #11
BartR

Quote:
Indeed and by extending this ... it would be nice to have like for PSpice or LTspice where it's "s" (second) with or without the "s" ... for instance:

5 = 5s

and if you need 5 millisecnods just add the text "5ms".

Of course this should be however well clear to the user when it access to that window, at glance (or almost)
BartR is online now   Reply With Quote