Works completely normally here.

Can you post a sample project?
Breeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 07:15 AM   #1242
witti
Human being with feelings

Of course !

Here is a simple test project.

I just select the envelope and run the actions from the action list.

Edit:

Ok. Did a fresh portable install of reaper and sws.
Now everything works fine. ...sigh.

Are there any settings in any ini file that can get corrupt ?
I reinstalled Reaper in it's default location and i still have these bugs.

Last edited by witti; 08-07-2014 at 03:00 PM.
witti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 08:10 AM   #1243
Breeder

I was just to mention that again I couldn't replicate even with clean portable installation.

To be honest, I checked some setings that I tought could have an effect but nothing worked.
Could you please upload REAPER.ini?

edit: but there are some bugs, for example width envelopes won't work properly - it's an easy fix, but lets first try to nail this one.
Old 05-12-2013, 08:45 AM   #1244
witti

Thank you Breeder for your response.

I found out that it has something to do with my reaper.ini.

I will remove the ini and install Reaper portable again
and make a new ini from scratch.

Will try to track down this bug during this process.
It's now quite a long time ago since i had to do this (making a new reaper ini, because the old one behaves buggy).

Thanks again !
Old 05-12-2013, 08:53 AM   #1245
Coachz

Where do I set A / B heights again? I lost it.
Coachz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 12:15 PM   #1246
musicbynumbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coachz View Post
Where do I set A / B heights again? I lost it.
extensions menu at top then 4th menu entry from top "command parameters"
musicbynumbers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 12:27 PM   #1247
Coachz

thanks !!!
Coachz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 12:04 PM   #1248
witti

Hah !

I made a new reaper ini file and finally found the bug(?).
It was my custom made language file (with only two entries).

It was not easy to find.

I made a simple text file. Can someone have a look if i did something wrong ?

Last edited by witti; 08-07-2014 at 03:00 PM.
Old 05-16-2013, 02:52 PM   #1249
Jeffos
Mortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argitoth View Post
Thanks Jeffos! However, I still have questions. For example, is there a way to Loop X number of times, X being the number of selected items?
No, not yet. I have these kind of things in mind though..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazed View Post
Eh Jeffos. Thanks for the great updates. Is !MyButtonText still supposed to work on action steps?

I cant get the text on my steps to show on toolbar buttons.
Yes, I removed this feature recently: "!Stuff" used to display "Stuff" in button toolbars' tooltips. Unfortunately, it was broken following some (inconsistent, IMHO) user requests :/
There's still a feature with "!some text" though: when the option "Consolidate undo points" is ticked, steps like !blabla or !foo provide custom/distinct undo point names for each step ("Undo foo", "Undo blabla").
When you use simple ! steps, the undo point name is the cycle action name.
Quote:
Originally Posted by witti View Post
Is there someone who can confirm all this ?
Yes, I can. Just an update: I have the fixes but one is very touchy and requires serious tests => Gimme 2 weeks! (tm)
Jeffos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 05:02 AM   #1250
Jeffos
Mortal

@witti: I meant 2 days ^^ Let me know how it will go with the next build..
Also, thanks for the very detailed report, that helped A LOT!
Old 05-18-2013, 08:59 AM   #1251
witti

I will send you a message. Thank you !
Old 05-19-2013, 04:19 AM   #1252
musicbynumbers

EDIT: 2 ignore the below sws team but I;ll keep it here in case someone else makes the same mistake. Basically you can use the sws zoom functions (non toggle) alongside the save and restore arrange view commands to add zoom ins to custom commands even when your already zoomed in! sigh, feel silly now but it was late when I did this!

Hi Jeffos and Tim hopefully small request here!

I was just making a useful "auto crossfade loop maker" custom action and came across something I come across a lot with toggle commands (especially with sws toggle zoom).

Would love a single additional sws action that would "reset zoom state to off".

This would then allow me to make sure that if an action has a toggle zoom in it would reset to zoomed out first so that the action didn't end up zoomed out when it should have zoomed in!

The problem could probably be solved with using the sws cycle actions system as the state can be check but wanted to keep this simple for newcomers too (although will do a cycle actions one too)

EDIT: I might try the zoom in function instead and the save current arrange view and see if that solves the problem anyway! will report back!

Last edited by musicbynumbers; 05-19-2013 at 04:26 AM.
Old 05-23-2013, 08:03 AM   #1253
Big Bob

Hi Jeffos, I'm wondering if there is any simple way to add more memory slots for cursor save/restore. I'm referring to the action pair:

Xenakios/SWS: Store edit cursor position

and

Xenakios/SWS: Recall edit cursor position

I find these very useful but I'm always wishing there was more than one memory slot available so that I could store and recall multiple cursor positions.

Would it be difficult to extend this to at least 4 or 5 cursor memory slots? For example could I do this by editing some .ini file?

Bob
Old 05-23-2013, 08:06 AM   #1254
musicbynumbers

Hi Bob, That sounds useful indeed, If you need it urgently you might be able to get away with using the time selection slots followed by the action to put the edit cursor at the start of the time selection and then clearing the time selection. That should get you similar results in the meanwhile
Old 05-23-2013, 08:30 AM   #1255
Big Bob

Hi MusicByNumbers (how about MBN for short

Thanks for your suggestion. I often use that trick since there 5 loop and 5 time selection memories. The problem that I sometimes run into is that time/loop selection changes are automatically put in the Undo queue. So if I want a macro that doesn't clutter the undo queue, I have to avoid certain actions.

I have been 'pushing' for a Reaper option checkbox to exclude a custom macro from being inserted in the Undo queue but it hasn't garnered much support

Bob
Old 05-23-2013, 11:41 AM   #1256
musicbynumbers

MBN is indeed fine! And I completely agree with your comments there! I too would love to see any action be able to be disabled from undos completely. There's lots of small things that don't need to be included as they don't do anything destructive at all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bob View Post
Hi MusicByNumbers (how about MBN for short

Thanks for your suggestion. I often use that trick since there 5 loop and 5 time selection memories. The problem that I sometimes run into is that time/loop selection changes are automatically put in the Undo queue. So if I want a macro that doesn't clutter the undo queue, I have to avoid certain actions.

I have been 'pushing' for a Reaper option checkbox to exclude a custom macro from being inserted in the Undo queue but it hasn't garnered much support

Bob
Old 05-24-2013, 05:01 AM   #1257
musicbynumbers

Nooooooooooo!

That feature sounded like the absolute "bee's knees"!

Is there anyway to get this back! I was just thinking how cool it would be to have a SWS cycle action on one toolbar button that would cycle through my different studio monitors and actually tell me which ones it's on at that moment rather than having loads of toolbar buttons for this since I'm actually running out of screen space and toolbars for that (even with 4 screens).

Not only this but there are so many cycle actions that would be so informative with this! Is this is "nudging justin" (for additional program hooks) that's stopping it or really just feature creep on the users' behalf?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffos View Post
Yes, I removed this feature recently: "!Stuff" used to display "Stuff" in button toolbars' tooltips. Unfortunately, it was broken following some (inconsistent, IMHO) user requests :/
There's still a feature with "!some text" though: when the option "Consolidate undo points" is ticked, steps like !blabla or !foo provide custom/distinct undo point names for each step ("Undo foo", "Undo blabla").
When you use simple ! steps, the undo point name is the cycle action name.[/i]
Old 05-25-2013, 01:15 AM   #1258
gwok

Hey guys,

I'm just checking out the newest update (2.3 i think) and there's this great new feature to create a bookmark and store chains\templates in the current project.

This is great! Though I do have one problem with it atm. IMO, the chains and templates NEED to be stored within folders of their own.

The way it is now, if I save say 15 track temaplates, and 5 fx chains (easy to do), then my project folder will be a mess with all these files. I mean sometimes they are a mess already!

I'll happily post the feature in your tracker, though let me know your thoughts on this, as the feature is GREAT and long awaited, but things need to be kept tidy

cheers
gwok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 05:47 PM   #1259
musicbynumbers

As for resources/track templates.

I'm uber hoping for it to have a way of saving the track templates with the project in such a way that we don't have to do anything to see just the templates for that project (in a "project" bookmark that is)

This would be used by me a lot for archiving tracks for later recall.
Old 05-26-2013, 05:47 PM   #1260
musicbynumbers

JEFFOS and TIM!

I had an idea for cycle actions today that would be quite powerful if it's possible that is!

Would love it if the ReaConsole "select only tracks named.." could trigger the "IF" logic in cycle actions when any track is found with that name and NOT trigger the rest of the cycle action if it doesn't find a track with that name.

Scenario: I made a custom action today that on activating, sends the selected tracks to a track containing various forms of multi input analysers (via your lovely create cue buss action) and this all works well BUT..

..what I'd like to do is add a conditional "IF" to the cycle action so that IF it finds a track called "analysers" (via a ReaConsole search) it will NOT run the command again.

By this I mean there's no way for me to accidentally run the cue buss command again because if it already finds a track with the analysers on it (via the name "analysers") it won't run the rest of the action!
Old 05-26-2013, 06:12 PM   #1261
musicbynumbers

Another thing I've just tried to do was set up 2 toolbar buttons which had toggle states.

Both were to do with automation.

1st button was to toggle between "all tracks, trim mode" and "all tracks, touch mode"

2nd button was to toggle between "all tracks, trim mode" and "all tracks, latch mode"

What I wanted to do was IF the latch button was ON then activating the touch button would deactivate the latch button and switch to touch mode.

I tried setting these two buttons up as cycle actions with an "IF" state that checked the other cycle actions toggle state but it didn't seem to work properly (either with true or fake toggle state set up).

Is this possible at the moment? I did get it to do some bizarre turning off the other button but not anything that logically worked right. Any help would be appreciated

(p.s. I had the "refresh toolbar" option set in SWS prefs too)
Old 05-29-2013, 03:43 AM   #1262
musicbynumbers

Posted these two bugs as recording bugs but realised they were caused by me adding a cycle action to my record and stop buttons.

I was trying to get track layouts to change to recording meters whilst recording then flip back again on stop but looks like there's some issues there!

I suspect it's because I made a reaper custom action that went:

Transport: record
record layout toggle (that's the cycle action)

The actual custom cycle is below and is close to the one mentioned in Jeffos post about cycle actions. Is there a way round these bugs? Have I caused a tear in the fabric of time by nesting them like this? I guess I could have 2 cycle actions that are identical with one with record at the start and one with stop at the start and cut out the custom action? will try it! EDIT: nope that didn't work either. made a single cycle action and still get the below bugs)

BUG 1: If you have metronome set to count in (not pre-roll) then any notes (and sustain pedal) that you press and hold before the count in has finished STOP the note actually being heard once recording actually begins. You can see the note but I suspect it's that quick double note problem that is causing the first note to have a "note off" event kill it straight away.

Instructions are:

1: set 1 bar count in.
2: record MIDI in normal mode (not items or time selection)
3: hold a note down and your sustain pedal during the count in period

Expected: to straight away hear (and monitor) the first note complete with the sustain.
Outcome: first note is visible but not actually audible and sustain is also not active.

BUG 2: this is a NASTY one. change from count in to an actual pre roll and then record a few looped bars. All the notes are actually placed (offset) by the pre roll amount. ouch!

Instructions are:

1: set 1 bar pre roll (turn count in off.)
2: record MIDI in normal mode (not items or time selection)
3: play in some notes whilst looping 1 bar.

Expected: To see the notes recorded into the looped area.
Outcome: notes are offset by pre roll amount and the item ends up being both in the pre roll area and the looped area but the actual notes are left of where they should be.

Last edited by musicbynumbers; 05-29-2013 at 03:54 AM.
Old 05-29-2013, 08:55 PM   #1263
Sound asleep

Default a request

James HE responded to me in a thread where i asked about how to reduce the velocity rande of selected midi notes with this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by James HE View Post
you can open the midi note properties, (ctrl + F2 is default i think) and you can divide the selected note velocities by a number. Usually after I do that add add some number back to the group.

(instead of divide, I multiply by a number less than one - it just makes it easier on my brain to calculate a percentage. (*.5) cuts the values in half, or 50%. (*.33) makes the values be 33% of what they were.

example.

note a=120
note b=60

*.5, then

note a=60
note b=30

add 40 back in, then

note a=100
note b=70

so this, effectively, is what you are wanting to do. it compresses the value range of the velocities. I guess you could figure out some mathematical expression to work out the median after you divide and raise the values back to that.

I just usually end up dragging the velocity handle back up till it "looks" right.

It struck me as something that might be quite simple to make as an action. Choose one value to use, make two actions, and increase, and a decrease, and then you could have a sort of increase decrease velocity range for midi notes.

idk, just an idea, thought it might be cool and easy.
Old 05-31-2013, 03:36 PM   #1264
Garrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicbynumbers View Post

I'm uber hoping for it to have a way of saving the track templates with the project in such a way that we don't have to do anything to see just the templates for that project (in a "project" bookmark that is)

yes this would be awesome mbn, especially if it was foolproof.
Garrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 09:29 AM   #1265
witti

I don't know, but weren't there some actions to set/unset "Loop section of selected item(s)" ?
(I think they were Xenakios ones, but i'm not quite sure.)

All i'm currently seeing is the native action and the SWS action.
Both are no real toggle action, aren't they ?
Otherwise the actions list would show me the on/off state.

A toggle action would be useful for the cycle action editor, and set/unset actions would be useful too.
I was just about to create some macros as i recognized that these actions do not exist (any more?).
Old 06-22-2013, 06:59 AM   #1266
daxliniere

Hey guys,
Is there a thread detailing how to make a 3-state toolbar button for use with cycle actions?

I'm sure I've seen it before, but I can't seem to find it now.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,
daxliniere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 07:53 PM   #1267
daxliniere

Default New action request

Hey guys,
May I please put in a request for a new action?

"Hide all envelopes except currently selected"

How do-able is this?

All the best,
Dax.
Old 06-25-2013, 04:49 AM   #1268
daxliniere

Hi TonE,

That would be great, but unfortunately there is no action for "Invert envelope selection".
Old 06-25-2013, 06:56 AM   #1269
Breeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by daxliniere View Post
Hey guys,
May I please put in a request for a new action?

"Hide all envelopes except currently selected"

How do-able is this?

All the best,
Dax.
Done for the next build
Old 06-25-2013, 07:14 AM   #1270
daxliniere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breeder View Post
Done for the next build
<3

Old 06-27-2013, 03:33 AM   #1271
daxliniere

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonE View Post
Unfortunately, I have also no overview of what exists and what not
Yes, you do, it's the Actions list (press SHIFT+?)
Old 06-28-2013, 05:15 AM   #1272
daxliniere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breeder View Post
Done for the next build
Thanks Breeder! Works great!
Old 07-02-2013, 10:56 PM   #1273
daxliniere

Hey Breeder, I just noticed that the new action you made to hide all but selected envelopes works across all tracks, not just the selected track.

Is it possible to make this action only hide for the selected track? (or make a second action), please?

Thanks!
Dax.
Old 07-03-2013, 05:46 AM   #1274
Subz

Quote:
Hey Breeder, I just noticed that the new action you made to hide all but selected envelopes works across all tracks, not just the selected track.

Is it possible to make this action only hide for the selected track? (or make a second action), please?

Thanks!
Dax.
2'nd action please!

this action as it stands is most useful!
Subz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 11:15 AM   #1275
Breeder

Sure, should have done it that way (2 versions) immediately anyway, lol.

Last edited by Breeder; 07-03-2013 at 11:22 AM.
Old 07-03-2013, 06:56 PM   #1276
daxliniere

Cheers, Breeder.
Old 07-08-2013, 11:05 AM   #1277
spk77

Hello fingers, I think there's a bug: note off event "jumps" over the last cc123. (if note end pos > item end pos)

(I'm using FNG_SetMidiNoteIntProperty() to set the new length to 3840):

Also, I'd like to ask: How to get the edit cursor position in MIDI ticks (in MIDI editor)? Or is it even possible to get the accurate position? I would need it to add notes/chords to the edit cursor. Thanks.

edit. Looks like it's always the last note that doesn't get the "note off":

Last edited by spk77; 07-10-2013 at 01:04 AM.
spk77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 08:51 PM   #1278
witti

sws_2.3.0.19 was perfect.

Now the resources window is buggy like hell again.
I could post a gif but this time it's really easy to reproduce:

Screenset 1:
Position/resize the resources window.
Hide the window.
Save a screenset.

Screenset 2:
Dock the resources window.
Save a screenset.

Switch between the screensets.
The resources window in undocked mode opens anywhere, but not at the saved position.

After upgrading and loading my default screenset, the resouces window opened at the bottom of the screen, with the exact size of the docked mixer. Weird.

sws_2.3.0.20
Reaper 4.02
32 bit

Edit: Mmh...reverting back to sws_2.3.0.19 didn't help. I removed everything i could find in the reaper ini which belongs to the resources window, but no luck. Something got corrupted here. I swear that everything worked great before updating.

Last edited by witti; 07-11-2013 at 02:54 AM.
Old 07-14-2013, 11:35 PM   #1279
spk77

Is it possible to get MIDI editor "Snap to grid" toggle state with SNM_GetIntConfigVar()? I tried with "lastSnap = SNM_GetIntConfigVar("lastsnap", -1)", but it returns -1.
spk77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 12:39 PM   #1280
Jeffos
Mortal

Sorry for the veeeerrrrrrrryy late replies!

Quote:
That feature sounded like the absolute "bee's knees"!

Is there anyway to get this back! I was just thinking how cool it would be to have a SWS cycle action on one toolbar button that would cycle through my different studio monitors and actually tell me which ones it's on at that moment rather than having loads of toolbar buttons for this since I'm actually running out of screen space and toolbars for that (even with 4 screens)...
Sorry to interrupt but..
.. LOL!
Quote:
... Not only this but there are so many cycle actions that would be so informative with this! Is this is "nudging justin" (for additional program hooks) that's stopping it or really just feature creep on the users' behalf?
I know, MBN, I KNOW!
This request often come on the table, and it used to work this way:

..but, some toolbar buttons' tooltips "died" in the meantime, and the other ones now require an extra option for this to work :/

I mean, if you change a macro name "A" -> "B", you'll see attached image buttons still have the old tooltip "A" - even when you restart REAPER, dah!
(to change the tooltip: you'd have to turn the img btn into a txt button, switch back to img btn by re-setting the icon, déh!).
For text buttons, an additional option "Use as tooltip" was added too. It is ticked by default (= display the same text in the button AND in the tooltip = duh! % ellipsize), so you'd have to untick this for Cycle Actions' tooltips to work (although it is not said what unticking does, doh!).

So, in short, Cycle Actions' tooltips were half-broken and the other half was clumsy => that's why I removed this feature.

The FR you envision could be like "Please can we have (dynamic) action names as default tooltips for both image & text buttons please ?" + a huge pile of smileys, as usual

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwok View Post
Hey guys,

I'm just checking out the newest update (2.3 i think) and there's this great new feature to create a bookmark and store chains\templates in the current project.

This is great! Though I do have one problem with it atm. IMO, the chains and templates NEED to be stored within folders of their own.

The way it is now, if I save say 15 track temaplates, and 5 fx chains (easy to do), then my project folder will be a mess with all these files. I mean sometimes they are a mess already!

I'll happily post the feature in your tracker, though let me know your thoughts on this, as the feature is GREAT and long awaited, but things need to be kept tidy

cheers
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrick View Post
yes this would be awesome mbn, especially if it was foolproof.
Thanks guys! And yes, I can't agree more with those suggestions!

"In-project bookmark" (<- sounds good, doesn't it?) was plan A, but I had to switch to plan B (new option "Attach resources files to project") just because I can't do A with the current API :/
Ditto for sub-directories: can't agree more, but there's another API "problem" ATM..

Good news though: it doesn't seem impossible (<- caution!) that Justin helps us about that someday!

__

Arelated feature I'd like to bump is the "custom bookmark" thing, from the changelog:
Code:
Added custom bookmarks: Context menu > Bookmark > New bookmark > Custom...
The definition format is: resource_directory_name,description,file_extensions (no spaces around commas)
- Example1: Configurations,ReaConfig,ReaperConfigZip => Bank of configs example: auto-fill, then double-click slots to switch ReaConfigs (or, on Win, drag-drop slots to the arrange) 
- Example2: Docs,Document,txt,rtf,pdf => Multiple file extensions example
- Example3: Misc,Any file,* => Can be useful to attach any type of file to a project, for example
... bumping it because, as said just above, when combined with the new option "Attach resource files to project", you can backup/keep track of any file: .pdf, .doc,... whatever. Handy (here, at least).

Quote:
[...]
BUG 1: If you have metronome set to count in (not pre-roll) then any notes (and sustain pedal) that you press and hold before the count in has finished STOP the note actually being heard once recording actually begins. You can see the note but I suspect it's that quick double note problem that is causing the first note to have a "note off" event kill it straight away.
[...]
BUG 2: this is a NASTY one. change from count in to an actual pre roll and then record a few looped bars. All the notes are actually placed (offset) by the pre roll amount. ouch!
Random stuff but I was able to repro both issues without any cycle action, and no extension installed - just with macros.
That's why I did nothing about that.. No time to investigate more than that, sorry MBN :/

Quote:
Hey guys,
Is there a thread detailing how to make a 3-state toolbar button for use with cycle actions?

I'm sure I've seen it before, but I can't seem to find it now.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,
It's a bit outdated now but there's a step-by-step example here: http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=84978 (thanks Mercado_Negro!)
I should be enough to get the idea - if you are on OSX, do not get fooled by some bug reports made in 1937 there, fixed now.

.. and:
^^ BTW, this is the kind of useful links you'll find in the new offline HTML whatsnew we deliver now : Main menu > Extensions > About SWS Extension > button "What's new?"
Not a real documentation, I know... but better than nothing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spk77 View Post
Hello fingers, I think there's a bug: note off event "jumps" over the last cc123. (if note end pos > item end pos)

(I'm using FNG_SetMidiNoteIntProperty() to set the new length to 3840)
Sound wrong indeed..
Hopes fingers will chime in but may be you can handle that on your end in a first time? (i.e. "clamping" to item length on your end - although it is a bit more complicated than that, as you probably know..)
Quote:
Originally Posted by spk77 View Post
Is it possible to get MIDI editor "Snap to grid" toggle state with SNM_GetIntConfigVar()? I tried with "lastSnap = SNM_GetIntConfigVar("lastsnap", -1)", but it returns -1.
The API offers get_midi_config_var() so we should be able to do that BUT this API func is broken, unfortunately (always returns a null pointer, v4.5rc13). Note: you can't use it directly from ReaScript as it returns an opaque pointer.

.. nothing to see, but about your screenshot: wow! it's a serious tool you made there, kudos spk77!
(good to see that!! frankly, function export was a bummer to do, esp. on OSX.... I was like "Why the hell!? Only one ultra hardcore geek will use this… in 2055!" so it great to see it IS actually used, and greatly used! And by a few other ReaScripters too! )