Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > newbieland

Old 11-15-2017, 01:30 AM   #1
saresu.bass
Human being with feelings

Default 44k projects with 48k loops? [question]

Hallo

I always work with projects in 44k but recently I started working with loops and I see lots of them coming in 48k.

What gonna happen with my 44k projects having 48k loops when I render them?

Do I have to convert 48k loops to 44k to fit? If so, will this alter the audio/sonics of these loops to any extent?

Or, do I have to start my projects in 48k just to use 48k loops? I never wanted my projects go 48k assuming that doing so, it won’t necessarily make my mixes sound much better than in 44k and specially it’ll eat my pc resources. My pc is a i74770k, 32GBRAM, 128GB SSD.

Thank you in advance.
saresu.bass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 01:45 AM   #2
RobU

Quote:
Originally Posted by saresu.bass View Post
Hallo

I always work with projects in 44k but recently I started working with loops and I see lots of them coming in 48k.

What gonna happen with my 44k projects having 48k loops when I render them?

Do I have to convert 48k loops to 44k to fit? If so, will this alter the audio/sonics of these loops to any extent?

Or, do I have to start my projects in 48k just to use 48k loops? I never wanted my projects go 48k assuming that doing so, it won’t necessarily make my mixes sound much better than in 44k and specially it’ll eat my pc resources. My pc is a i74770k, 32GBRAM, 128GB SSD.

Thank you in advance.
For imported samples, on playback Reaper will do an on-the-fly conversion to whatever sample rate your project is running at.

You can set the default playback and render resample mode in Project Settings, and the render mode in the Render dialog.

I am remixing a track at the moment, the stems are 48k but my default rate is 44.1, but it makes no noticeable difference to my (admittedly oldish) ears... Render resample mode is set to the defaults.
Old 11-17-2017, 12:13 AM   #3
saresu.bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobU View Post
For imported samples, on playback Reaper will do an on-the-fly conversion to whatever sample rate your project is running at.

You can set the default playback and render resample mode in Project Settings, and the render mode in the Render dialog.

I am remixing a track at the moment, the stems are 48k but my default rate is 44.1, but it makes no noticeable difference to my (admittedly oldish) ears... Render resample mode is set to the defaults.
I see... that’s nice.

Thank you for clarifying.

Peace
saresu.bass is offline   Reply With Quote