Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Compatibility

Old 08-21-2012, 02:50 PM   #1
bigwoody
Human being with feelings

Default IK Multimedia Mastering Bundle - sale

What do you guys think? http://www.musiciansfriend.com/stupid/?icid=200510 This seems like a screaming deal. So far the only plugin that I have that is not freeware is Jamstix (plus some donationware).
I have used some of bootsy's stuff and other things for mastering, but maybe given this price I should step it up?
Would love feedback from anyone that is using this.

Last edited by bigwoody; 08-21-2012 at 02:58 PM.
bigwoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 03:04 PM   #2
compasspnt

Hard to beat that price.
compasspnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 03:30 PM   #3
ronmac

That is a screaming deal. Very useable for tracks or master buss.

It seems IK is getting ready to announce some updates, so a nice foot in the door for an update or crossgrade to some of their pending products.
ronmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 03:37 PM   #4
bradleyfilms

If I didn't already have T-Racks I'd not hesitate.
It's T-Racks Standard you're getting, rather than Deluxe, but it's 4 damn good processors.
Steve
Old 08-21-2012, 04:18 PM   #5
politcat

wow, that's really good. i have all that

when's the sale on White 2A and Black 76?
politcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 06:41 PM   #6
dgrm44

I own all those plugins and they are a value at that price. I think I paid $99 for the reverb plugin alone back in the day.
dgrm44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 05:15 PM   #7
ObiK

Yup, this was a great deal. Also anyone that did purchase it can download the T-Racks Classic 64 bit versions after they register their serial numbers.
Old 08-22-2012, 06:02 PM   #8
moreylc

I ordered it (despite have a few gajillion too many plugins) just because it seemed like a great deal, and the reviews of the reverbs were excellent. On the other hand, the reviews of the installation and registration process would frighten the undead, so I'm not looking forward to that portion of the experience.
moreylc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 12:57 AM   #9
ivansc

install etc isnt THAT awful, especially when compared with some other companies i could name....

Last edited by ivansc; 08-23-2012 at 04:35 AM.
ivansc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 01:39 AM   #10
daverich

Quote:
Originally Posted by politcat View Post
wow, that's really good. i have all that

when's the sale on White 2A and Black 76?
IK said they would never be discounting those plugs because when they were released a lot of people said 'why the heck would I buy these now when you'll be flogging them at a crazy discounted price in the summer?'

Good to see them keeping to their word because I bought them
daverich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 01:52 AM   #11
bradleyfilms

Incidentally DV247 are offering the crossgrade to T-Racks Deluxe for £75.
http://www.dv247.com/computer-music-...ssgrade--58833
Which is another very decent offer.
I don't know if this offer is available outside the UK.
Steve
Old 08-23-2012, 03:53 AM   #12
KevinW

Quote:
Originally Posted by daverich View Post
IK said they would never be discounting those plugs because when they were released a lot of people said 'why the heck would I buy these now when you'll be flogging them at a crazy discounted price in the summer?'

When I pay full price for something that later goes on sale, I console myself by saying that I got use of it for a longer time. I write this now because maybe it doesn't meet the strict definition of a discounted price, but they GAVE both of those away during a Tracks Deluxe group buy last year (I know because that's how I got them.) And yes, there was a thread at KVR about how IK went back on their word. I believe they can do what they want, and I personally will wait for their stuff to go on sale (and I have A LOT of it). But the downside of waiting for a sale is...you have to WAIT, and it might not come.

BTW, Tracks Deluxe and White2A and Black76 are great plugins.
KevinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 03:55 AM   #13
daverich

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinW View Post
When I pay full price for something that later goes on sale, I console myself by saying that I got use of it for a longer time. I write this now because maybe it doesn't meet the strict definition of a discounted price, but they GAVE both of those away during a Tracks Deluxe group buy last year (I know because that's how I got them.) And yes, there was a thread at KVR about how IK went back on their word. I believe they can do what they want, and I personally will wait for their stuff to go on sale (and I have A LOT of it). But the downside of waiting for a sale is...you have to WAIT, and it might not come.
I'm outraged at this.

hehe.
Old 08-23-2012, 04:38 AM   #14
ivansc

Business is business and frankly these days vendors can expect sod-all loyalty or consideration in return when they pull stunts like this.

I am a patient man, so I just wait it out.

Got sucked into their '11 points' sale in the Custard Shop last year and discovered after the fact that I got the email late due to some sort of internet delay and the promo as already finished the day before I got their email advertising it.
Still sitting on my Custom Shop credits waiting for the next sale.

And I forgot to say I bought the Tracks/IK reverb bundle deal earlier this year and STILL dont have it - I had it shipped to my brother in Fla, thinking I would pick it up and then my trip got cancelled/ Fortunately he and the whole family arrive in the UK next week! I just hope I am getting what I think I am getting and that I like it after the wait....

Last edited by ivansc; 08-23-2012 at 10:31 AM.
Old 08-23-2012, 08:14 AM   #15
bigwoody

Okay I ordered it so I should get it in a couple days. I also went out and watched some of the vid's for intro's and how to, the mastering looks pretty cool. I am actually kind of excited (but then my software expectations are pretty high ;-). Hopefully the registration stuff is easy. My studio machine has no connection to the internet, so I will have to register via a different machine.....I'll let you know.
Old 08-23-2012, 08:18 AM   #16
Link0126

Quote:

so, people shouldn't have said that then... why would customers encourage a company to not put their products on sale. What a bunch of loud mouth idiots.
Link0126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 08:38 AM   #17
KevinW

Speaking of sales, esoundz has Tracks Standard on sale for $29.99 till Sept 5.
http://www.esoundz.com/details.php?ProductID=4978

esoundz username KevinW (if I may be so bold for those inclined to give me "epoints")
Old 08-23-2012, 08:55 AM   #18
daverich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Link0126 View Post
so, people shouldn't have said that then... why would customers encourage a company to not put their products on sale. What a bunch of loud mouth idiots.
to be fair it was after a period of ridiculous discounting by ik and i suspect people were just trying to get the plugs cheaper.

they are great plugs and worth every penny.
Old 08-23-2012, 09:57 AM   #19
ObiK

Quote:

We didn't say they would NEVER go on sale, but within a timely manner. They did not go on sale that year. They were given out in a promo the following year, which was the first time they were "discounted" in anyway.

Quote:

BTW, Tracks Deluxe and White2A and Black76 are great plugins.
THIS year, not last year. We stuck to our promise not to discount them last year.

When people buy a product when it first comes out get to use said product for a longer period than those that buy them discounted and should get more use out of them.
Old 08-23-2012, 10:33 AM   #20
Link0126

So what exactly WAS the price of the OP was referring to? It's gone now, replaced by the next stupid deal of the day.
Link0126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 10:50 AM   #21
KevinW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Link0126 View Post
So what exactly WAS the price of the OP was referring to? It's gone now, replaced by the next stupid deal of the day.
$50 for the "mastering bundle", which includes Tracks standard and CSR. A good deal, for sure.
Old 08-23-2012, 10:54 AM   #22
KevinW

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObiK View Post
We didn't say they would NEVER go on sale, but within a timely manner. They did not go on sale that year. They were given out in a promo the following year, which was the first time they were "discounted" in anyway.

THIS year, not last year. We stuck to our promise not to discount them last year.

When people buy a product when it first comes out get to use said product for a longer period than those that buy them discounted and should get more use out of them.
Sorry, my memory is not great about that sort of thing. It frankly wouldn't bother me even if it had been last year, but I can understand from your point of view that discounts THAT fast would very likely mean a reduced number of early adopters.

I'm looking forward to the next plugin in the series.
Old 08-23-2012, 03:22 PM   #23
bluzkat

Yeah they're doing the same thing with the Amplitude packs at the moment... cheap!

Hopefully it means big updates on the horizon.

Kind of pisses you off after you paid full price for something. It evens out though...

I got the White & Black plugs for free!

Old 08-24-2012, 05:19 PM   #24
bigwoody

Default frustrated already

Dang, I got my disk, carefully read the offline registration information, put in the disk to install the software and.....no install icon. It just asks if I want to open the files in windows explorer. In the files I can't find any install executable. I opened a ticket. Any ideas? I'm running XP. I am so spoiled, I just expect everything to work like Reaper does....ARRRGGGG
Old 08-24-2012, 05:48 PM   #25
bluzkat

Try copying the .dll files to your VST folder. Although there should be an installer for the 'stand alone' version.

Let us know how you make out with IK support.

Old 08-24-2012, 07:20 PM   #26
bigwoody

There aren't any .dll files on the disk. Plus I am really wanting to T-Racks standalone, so I would assume I need an installer for that. I have a strange feeling that the disk only contains MAC files even though the label says Mac and Windows (and there was no choice when I ordered. I am really hoping support points me to a download or something rather than having to go through the return hassle.

Last edited by bigwoody; 08-24-2012 at 07:38 PM.
Old 08-24-2012, 08:23 PM   #27
dea-man

Default Hmmmm...When did they start making guitar amps?

The OP link goes to a Marshall MG2FX 2W Guitar Combo Amp Black!
Old 08-24-2012, 08:58 PM   #28
richie43

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwoody View Post
There aren't any .dll files on the disk. Plus I am really wanting to T-Racks standalone, so I would assume I need an installer for that. I have a strange feeling that the disk only contains MAC files even though the label says Mac and Windows (and there was no choice when I ordered. I am really hoping support points me to a download or something rather than having to go through the return hassle.
The IK authorization has been a bit of a pain in the past, although they have improved it quite a bit I think lately. But I have never had a problem installing any of their stuff. Could you post a screen-shot of the files you see from the disk, I bet this is very simple to sort out.
Old 08-24-2012, 11:22 PM   #29
ivansc

Quote:
$50 for the "mastering bundle", which includes Tracks standard and CSR. A good deal, for sure.
Yeah - I got this even though I already have half the Tracks Standard pack, simply because it represents a great deal on the reverb with the mastering stuff as a bonus.

And of course the reason the deal isnt showing up any more is because it is long gone now.
Some threads never die....
Old 08-25-2012, 04:16 AM   #30
KevinW

Quote:
You can download the software from the IK website. The most important thing in the box is the little piece of paper with the product registration number.

You'll then use the Authorization Manager to register your product, whether on-line or off-line. You'll probably need to download the latest Authorization Manager as well. I doubt that the discs you received have the latest.
Old 08-25-2012, 07:32 AM   #31
bigwoody

dea-man, sorry for the old link. The stupid deal of the day is exactly that, it only lasts for one day then they get stupid on something else. If you are interested in the mastering suite only, KevinW's link to ezsounds is even a better deal and or that is now the price on IK's homepage.
Speaking of KevinW, good idea for the download. The only problem with your suggestion is in order to get to the download section on IK you have to pay. I will give IK a chance to reply to my support ticket and go from there. I am pretty sure that once I can actually get the stuff installed I can manager the offline authorization.

Obik, you seem to know this stuff (and or work for IK), any suggestions?

Last edited by bigwoody; 08-25-2012 at 08:10 AM.
Old 08-25-2012, 08:16 AM   #32
KevinW

Quote:
The only problem with your suggestion is in order to get to the download section on IK you have to pay.
That doesn't seem to be the case here.
http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/t-racks/

On the left side, there is a download link. (right below the "buy" button.) Click on that link opens a popup for Mac or Windows.

Edit: I sit corrected. The link I posted is for Deluxe. The DL link for the Standard version does indeed take you to the purchase page. Weird. Obik is an IK employee, I suspect he'll be by soon. And/or support will work it out for you soon, I suspect.
Old 08-25-2012, 08:24 AM   #33
bigwoody

Thanks a lot for trying to help I really appreciate it, but the only trial download I can find is for the deluxe version, I purchased the standard.

LOL you found the same thing while I was writing this. Thanks again for trying.
Old 08-25-2012, 08:35 AM   #34
KevinW

Quote:
Thanks a lot for trying to help I really appreciate it, but the only trial download I can find is for the deluxe version, I purchased the standard.

LOL you found the same thing while I was writing this. Thanks again for trying.
OK, one last try.
I just put in the CD I have of Tracks Standard, and in the root folder there is this file: "Install T-RackS 3 Standard.exe" I'm sure that's what I ran for installation. You're saying that file is not on the CD you got?
Old 08-25-2012, 09:41 AM   #35
bigwoody

Nope, no executable file of any kind. I am totally thinking that only the Mac install files are on this disk. Here is a picture of the file structure.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TRacks3.jpg (36.9 KB, 210 views)
Old 08-25-2012, 09:57 AM   #36
ArrowHead

Quote:
Nope, no executable file of any kind. I am totally thinking that only the Mac install files are on this disk. Here is a picture of the file structure.
That's your resources folder. The .exe would be in the main directory.
ArrowHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 10:04 AM   #37
bluzkat

Look in the one that says "Install T Racks Std Package". I bet you find the installer in there!

Old 08-25-2012, 10:06 AM   #38
ArrowHead

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluzkat View Post
Look in the one that says "Install T Racks Std Package". I bet you find the installer in there!

Should be in the directory above it too, I assume.
ArrowHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 11:57 AM   #39
bigwoody

Thanks again guys, but I am pretty computer savvy. I have opened every single directory and even the zip file for Mac. There are no executable files in there anywhere. Just the fact that the installer does not start when I insert the CD pretty much gives it away that something is missing. This is so frustrating and very disappointing. Not a word from IK "support" yet either.
Old 08-25-2012, 01:04 PM   #40
KevinW

Quote:
Thanks again guys, but I am pretty computer savvy. I have opened every single directory and even the zip file for Mac. There are no executable files in there anywhere. Just the fact that the installer does not start when I insert the CD pretty much gives it away that something is missing. This is so frustrating and very disappointing. Not a word from IK "support" yet either.
FWIW, my Tracks CD doesn't autorun an installer either.

The CSR cd I have DOES autorun an installer.

As far as support goes, it IS the weekend. Have you tried posting something on the IK forums? Maybe someone there could help. Frustrating, for sure.

One solution - go buy a Mac!