Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Q&A, Tips, Tricks and Howto

Old 09-11-2019, 01:06 PM   #601
themixtape
Human being with feelings

I installed that DLL over the 8.00 DLL.

Check this out... I hope this helps. The slow stuff I experience is when a heavy-resource plugin (such as V-Collection Matrix 12)'s TRACK is SELECTED.

If it's not, no slow-down (tracks 1-3 in this screencast-- no lag at all even though the screencast is a bit slow-looking).

Notice the heavy plugins in this project: Omnisphere (using Keyscape's C7 Grand), V-Collection Clavinet, and Addictive Keys. No slow-down when those tracks are selected. Only with the Matrix-12.

Really hope this helps, in discovering what's wrong. Thx!

http://oustedproductions.net/reaper/jurgen.gif

(Clearly shows the lag when track 4 selected). Everyone using DrivenByMoss, can you verify if you experience lag when a certain track is selected? If it is de-selected, does the lag go away?

Last edited by themixtape; 09-11-2019 at 06:00 PM.
themixtape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 01:15 PM   #602
mehmethan

Quote:
Originally Posted by moss View Post
Could please everybody who experiences performance issues give their full hardware (incl. audiohardware) and software specs?
- I'm using push 2. It is directly connected to a free usb2 port on my PC.
- Windows 10 64 bit. Latest Reaper dev build.
- System and plug-in contents are on seperate SSD Hardisks.
- i7-6700k 4.00Ghz 32GB Ram
- Rme UFX interface.
- I dont know if it is related but I have latest java installed.
- Normally my system is rock solid and I dont have such problems. Except this drivenbymoss error and nexus plugin license fail recently.

Last edited by mehmethan; 09-11-2019 at 01:27 PM.
mehmethan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 01:46 PM   #603
mehmethan

https://stash.reaper.fm/37133/AI.gif

On track 1,2 I have Lethal and Avenger vsti plugins. Track 3,4 is empty. Please check the gif. When I select track1,2 Reaper is freezing. But when I select track 3,4 everthing is normal. (drivenbymoss is active and I'm using that dll file you sent a few messages ago.)
Old 09-13-2019, 02:22 AM   #604
heavybeats

Quote:
Could please everybody who experiences performance issues give their full hardware (incl. audiohardware) and software specs?
+1 on performance issue with v8 so have rolled back. Im not using any VSTi but am running CPU instensive Acustica Audio plugins on a busy session. Reaper meters are lagging badly as is whole interface really when DriveByMoss enabled

Specs are:
- Windows 10 latest build
- Reaper 5.983
- Steinberg UR824 interface
- Push 2
- I7 8770k, 32GB RAM
heavybeats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 04:33 AM   #605
timzibrat

Quote:
Windows 10 latest build
Reaper 5.983

RME UCX
Novation 61SL MKIII

Intel Xeon E5-2680 v3 10 core
64GB RAM
2x500GB samsung SSD
4x3TB HDD Toshiba PCI Raid 5 config

EDIT: Still experiencing the same choppy, laggy behavior with the new dll (even when trying to select a track. Takes about 4-5 seconds to select in bigger projects).

Last edited by timzibrat; 09-13-2019 at 04:40 AM.
timzibrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 04:55 AM   #606
moss

Default Performance Issue

Trying to sum-up:
1) No issue with 7.05
2) Test-DLL shows the same lag (which rules out the new reading of the track chunk)
3) Everybody seems to be on latest Win10 and Reaper (me too, but don't have the issue)

So, more questions:
1) Does it happen if DBM is loaded but no Device is added/active?
2) Can everybody confirm that it only happens if a track with a "heavy" plugin is seletced
3) Can someone try with a clean portable install of Reaper? Only add one criticial plugin you need for the test (no alternative layout or other extensions).
4) It happens already if there is one track with a problematic plugin, no clips, no automation, no playback running, correct?

Will try to provide a test version with more output in the next days but I am very busy currently.
moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 05:48 AM   #607
timzibrat

Yes, there's no difference in whether a device is selected or not.

2) Can everybody confirm that it only happens if a track with a "heavy" plugin is selected
It happens for me without selecting any track. Whole project is laggy.

3) Can someone try with a clean portable install of Reaper? Only add one criticial plugin you need for the test (no alternative layout or other extensions).
I honestly cannot get DBM to work properly in my portable install. It's like something is pressing buttons all the time, recording, witching tracks etc. Crazy behavior. No lag apparently though. Will need to spend some time with this to figure it out.

4) It happens already if there is one track with a problematic plugin, no clips, no automation, no playback running, correct?
Yes. One Omnisphere track slows things down. The timecode starts jumping forward by 7-10 frames, so no smooth time anymore while pressing play.
timzibrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 06:21 AM   #608
mehmethan

DBM is loaded but no device active. I still have that cpu overload and freezing with some plugins.

2) Can everybody confirm that it only happens if a track with a "heavy" plugin is seletced.
DBM is loaded but no device active and it only happens when that plugin track is selected.

I tried with a clean portable install and have same issues.

Yes.Also no record-arm and no input.
Old 09-14-2019, 07:34 PM   #609
themixtape

Quote:
Trying to sum-up:
1) No issue with 7.05
2) Test-DLL shows the same lag (which rules out the new reading of the track chunk)
3) Everybody seems to be on latest Win10 and Reaper (me too, but don't have the issue)

So, more questions:
2) Can everybody confirm that it only happens if a track with a "heavy" plugin is seletced

Will try to provide a test version with more output in the next days but I am very busy currently.
I can't load a plugin with the browser with 7.05 (latest Reaper, 64-bit). 64-bit Windows 7. SL MKIII. I can with 8.00, though. Tried a fresh portable install. Same issue.

1. I don't think so
2. It only happens when a "heavy" plugin is selected, indeed.
3. Tried clean portable install. Same issue with 7.05 (can't load plugin with browser) and 8.00 lag with heavy plugin.
4. Yes, without clips, no automation... but, playback IS running (that's why I notice the lag) when the track is selected. If it's just one track with the plugin, it still lags on certain "heavy" plugins. If it's two tracks, and the empty one is selected, no lag.

Thanks Jurgen!
themixtape is offline   Reply With Quote