Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER General Discussion Forum

Old 06-17-2006, 07:17 AM   #1
synth
Human being with feelings

Default REAPER BUG HUNT THREAD: 0.964 - big features ...and a full can o' worms :)

The 0.964 Bug Thread
-----------------------
Here's all the buggers I found so far:

- MIDI piano roll editor became unuseable:
1. In the piano roll editor,MIDI notes (especially the longer ones) cannot be selected or dragged with a click,unless you click on the very beginning of the note.Very lame.It should be possible to click anywhere on it like in FL Studio.
2. And even worse - The click-selection is also non-responsive,it doesn't always select the note,but just moves the playback cursor without selecting it.
Try single-clicking fast on various notes and you'll reproduce this easily.

- Funny and buggy stuff with the MIDI editor:
1. If you dock the MIDI editor with a MIDI file opened from a project,and then close the project and start a new one [without any MIDI tracks or data (= even funnier)],the MIDI editor remains docked and with the data from the previous project.Funny.
2. If you dock and then undock the MIDI editor,the menubar on it is gone.

- Maximum Project / Recording time is limited to 3 hours? That's very low.You can't go past 3:00:00. Sound Forge can do more than this.

- Why there's no "Multi-Channel" rendering option in the "Render" window,besides "Mono" and "Stereo" ?

- And a few more nitpicks:
1. In the Preferences-> Audio settings,The "Block size to use when rendering" option indicates XXXX Samples,but the value is still in Blocks (256 as before).
2. The Wings (Remix) sample project is gone from the installer? But it's mentioned in the Credits Scroller? Hmmm....
3. The Perf Meter should show Master Track CPU usage as well,not just Total CPU usage.What about all those FX on the Master track?

http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=22279

Last edited by synth; 06-17-2006 at 11:32 AM.
synth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 07:31 AM   #2
Art Evans
Mortal

Quote:
- Why there's no "Multi-Channel" rendering option in the "Render" window,besides "Mono" and "Stereo" ?
From what's been said, that's a future item.

I'll leave my PC recording the radio overnight and see if it does or does not go past the 3 hour mark here.
Art Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 09:41 AM   #3
Youn

Well, this being the first time I've really used the midi editor I see one OBVIOUS, likely-reported-already, bug (or maybe it's a setting somewhere, in which case sorry :/ )...

I have a multi-channel vsti with several midi tracks sending it midi data to seperate midi channels.

All plays normally as I would expect, but when editing a channel other then 1, the clicking and moving of notes previews channel 1 and not the channel I assigned it to.

No matter that I have the drop-down to proper channel, and no matter the setting in object properties, which definately don't contain the digit "1" in it.

Is this a bug!?
Youn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 11:27 AM   #4
synth

Art,there's no need to record for 3 hours Just try to copy/paste audio items until you reach the 3:00:00 mark and see if you can go any further.

Last edited by synth; 06-17-2006 at 11:33 AM.
Old 06-17-2006, 11:29 AM   #5
synth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Evans
From what's been said, that's a future item.
I know...but seeing how you can now select "Multichannel" for the MP3 render output instead of Stereo is kinda weird.

Old 06-17-2006, 06:36 PM   #6
Art Evans
Mortal

True, hadn't spotted that. I won't bother to look but I suspect that it would have been there in earlier versions, multichannel being one of the mp3 options offered by lame rather than by Reaper. But without any mechanism for describing what is to be used for encoding the multiple channels, presumably it's stereo with three silent unused channels.
Art Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 07:05 PM   #7
malcolmj

Quote:
Originally Posted by synth
Art,there's no need to record for 3 hours Just try to copy/paste audio items until you reach the 3:00:00 mark and see if you can go any further.
I just pasted an item into a Timeline at 4 hours and it's playing fine. Are you sure you don't have a limit set to the Project length in Project Settings > Audio Settings?
malcolmj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 07:50 PM   #8
Justin
Administrator

You can have >3h projects, but the farthest you can zoom out is a 3 hour tour.. I mean view.. I actually have a 7.5h project here.
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 04:24 AM   #9
steponeloops

Default Great Update (0966) - Key Shorts with docked MIDI-Editor?

Hello Justin,

here's a Midiot talking. I am really happy with the newest releases - reaper now even supports my favourite free synth (Karmafx Modular). And the interface gets more streamlined with every update... and there seem to be no more midi noteon/noteoff probs anymore.

I really like the dockable midi editor; it makes much easier to create loops. The only thing I don't like is that with the window docked the key shorts in midi editor don't work anymore - or rather they refer to the main window - instead of deleting midi notes "del" deletes either the media block or the whole track in the main window...

I encountered a little bug as well: if a midi track is deleted and re-inserted (via undo), the midi block is still being played, but the vertical onscreen keyboard in the midi editor doesn't work anymore.

But generally: GREAT work, Justin!

Thanks
Ste
steponeloops is offline   Reply With Quote