Old 06-21-2006, 01:09 AM   #1
Mark
Human being with feelings

Default Hello & a question or two

Hi folks,

Just stumbled into REAPER a week or two ago. I'm a long time "recordist" using other software.

I like the look of REAPER although it's taking me a while to get my head out the of way my current software works and into the REAPER ways of working - particularly routing. So that prompts a question. Has anyone done a Block/Flow Diagram of REAPER yet? Usually these things are the realms of hardware (like mixers) but I have seen them for software and find them very useful.

Before I jump in and start making feature requests I need to do a bit more work, but a few things have come to mind so far... ie

Are there any plans to implement audio scrub?

Is it possible to send a track to more than one destination? I'm used to the hardware mixer convention of having a number of Aux busses and a track send for each one. I setup, say, an echo on Aux 1, a reverb on Aux 2 etc, and send the tracks accordingly. I can't see how to do this in REAPER.

Oh, and I like the wav file naming convention (take 01 etc), but would it be possible to have an option to be prompted for the base track name when adding a track? I know I can name the track after adding it but I keep forgetting in the excitement of recording. And I really like to name my tracks "properly" -eg "Lead guitar 1", "Bass", "Keys L" etc....

That'll do for now. Catch you all later.

Mark
Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 01:57 AM   #2
maa

Hello Mark and welcome here,

click on the I/0 button and see all the routing possibilities in there - multiple sends and hardware outs are easy with Reaper.

maa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 03:06 AM   #3
Mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by maa
Hello Mark and welcome here,

click on the I/0 button and see all the routing possibilities in there - multiple sends and hardware outs are easy with Reaper.

Ahhh I see. I didn't realise I could "tick" more than one send item. Thanks

Mark
Mark is offline   Reply With Quote