Old 09-06-2018, 10:20 AM   #1
monty
Human being with feelings

Default MT Power Drum Kit w/ Wine?

Does this plugin work with wine, I only get a black UI window ...
https://www.powerdrumkit.com/download76187.php
Manjaro-KDE RT, AMD FX-8350, 16GB, nvidia GT 630, Multiscreen (2x 22", 1x 15"), Reaper (latest) Theme: iLogic Next, Interface: Tascam US-16x08, ControlSurface: Tascam US-2400, Monitors: JBL 4412A, Tascam VL-S3 & Alesis Elevate 3 mkII
monty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 10:24 AM   #2
tonybeepbeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by monty View Post
Does this plugin work with wine, I only get a black UI window ...
https://www.powerdrumkit.com/download76187.php
I'm assuming that's a Linux thing? Am a W10 user here, but know that the GUI disappears with an incompatible graphics driver.

Could be worth a go?
tonybeepbeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 10:30 AM   #3
monty

Nvidia GeForce GT 630
driver xserver-xorg-video-nouveau
Manjaro-KDE RT, AMD FX-8350, 16GB, nvidia GT 630, Multiscreen (2x 22", 1x 15"), Reaper (latest) Theme: iLogic Next, Interface: Tascam US-16x08, ControlSurface: Tascam US-2400, Monitors: JBL 4412A, Tascam VL-S3 & Alesis Elevate 3 mkII
Old 09-06-2018, 10:42 AM   #4
Lokasenna

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybeepbeep View Post
I'm assuming that's a Linux thing? Am a W10 user here, but know that the GUI disappears with an incompatible graphics driver.

Could be worth a go?
This is the Linux subforum, so yes. :P

OP: Close Reaper and any other stuff using Wine. Run winecfg, go to the Libraries tab, add "d2d1", click Edit, and set it to Disabled. MT should display properly now.
Old 09-06-2018, 10:46 AM   #5
tonybeepbeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lokasenna View Post

OP: Close Reaper and any other stuff using Wine. Run winecfg, go to the Libraries tab, add "d2d1", click Edit, and set it to Disabled. MT should display properly now.
I walked in here in an almost comatose state after a looooooong day at work. As soon as I pressed submit I saw the error of my ways

Only posted as I had a similar issue after a W10 update and the developer was kind enough to sort me out
tonybeepbeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 09:47 PM   #6
monty

Quote:

Great, that worked!

P.S.
is there an overview /recommendation of which DLLs should be available for the use of VST with wine?
Old 09-06-2018, 10:26 PM   #7
Jack Winter

That might depend on the plugin, some will need it and some won't, some might even need the real MS .dll installed That's where so called wine prefixes come in, which are essentially a set of registry files and a directory structure with the programs installed. The default is ~/.wine, but you can create any number of them. These are controlled by the environment variable WINEPREFIX and used like this:

WINEPREFIX=~/Alternative winecfg, this creates a new prefix called ~/Alternative and can be configured differently than another one. This makes it easy to separate a group of plugins/programs and they can all have their own dll overrides. To use it WINEPREFIX=~/Alternative wine ~/Alternative/drive_c/Program\ Files/Alternative/alternative.exe.
Reaper for Linux Documentation (WIP). Software: Archlinux/KDE, Fabfilter FX, Komplete 8, Nebula, Schwa/Stillwell, T-racks Max/Amplitube/SVX, etc. Gear: i7-2600k/4700HQ/16GB, RME Multiface/Babyface, Behringer X32, Genelec 8040, etc. :)
Jack Winter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 10:15 AM   #8
monty

I guess the drag and drop action from MT groove editor into a reaper midi track does not work, or did I miss something?
Old 09-07-2018, 10:30 AM   #9
JamesPeters

Quote:
Originally Posted by monty View Post
I guess the drag and drop action from MT groove editor into a reaper midi track does not work, or did I miss something?
Correct. However:

https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?p=2030985
JamesPeters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 12:39 AM   #10
monty

Thanks James, I have installed the librarys ... when I run the action "Insert the last file exported from a plugin" GUI will appear but I still can not run a drag and drop from the MT groove editor. Are there further details on this how to use it with MT Drumkit?
Old 09-08-2018, 01:33 AM   #11
monty

thanks for the hint, it works ;-)
my mtpdk.mid file was placed in /home/user/documents and I did not search for it there ...

@Lokasenna
Thanks for the great script!
Old 09-08-2018, 07:08 AM   #12
Glennbo

Quote:
Close Reaper and any other stuff using Wine. Run winecfg, go to the Libraries tab, add "d2d1", click Edit, and set it to Disabled. MT should display properly now.
I saw this and was hoping it would fix the FM7 black screen issue I have, but no luck there. It still pops up the message "Error Opening the Editor" on launch, and then has a blank black window. I can still select presets, and they function, but if I want to modify a sound, I have to use the no GUI option in REAPER and then I get a page full of sliders that goes off the screen.
Glennbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 01:11 PM   #13
4duhwinnn

Would be nice to have a multi-column panel of sliders, instead of the oft truncated vertical list. Not needed often, but would be useful.
Cheers
4duhwinnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 01:37 PM   #14
Glennbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4duhwinnn View Post
Would be nice to have a multi-column panel of sliders, instead of the oft truncated vertical list. Not needed often, but would be useful.
Cheers
The very first time I used the Native Instruments FM7 in Linux I ended up wanting to modify the patch, and it was pretty difficult navigating through all the sliders to find the parameter I was looking for.
Glennbo is offline   Reply With Quote