Old 10-24-2021, 04:13 AM   #1
pavelo01
Human being with feelings

Default Reapera/Helis as AI/Neural plugins

Hello,

I have used reaper with helix lt to record and everything was good.
Now I try record on reaper Neural plugins with helix as audio interface. A cannot find settings and information how I can connect.
When I open Neural plugins and helix - reaper
has info "error initializing Audio buffers"
I have on Neural and reaper Asio settings but i cannot record.
Any solutions, advices?
Thanks.
pavelo01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2021, 12:44 PM   #2
zeekat

Sounds like the driver is freaking out, like something was blocking it. Are you using proper Helix driver?
Old 11-01-2021, 11:00 AM   #3
pavelo01

On helix I have output path 1 - usb 3/4 and path 2 input - usb 3/4, on the neural plugins setting I have audio input channels 3 and 4 and audio output channel 3 and 4, on reaper i have input channel 1 - 8 and output channel 1 - 8. Still when I open reaper the first message is: "There was an error opening the audio hardware: Error initializing ASIO buffers

I use recomendation to treat helix as audio interface from neural dsp:

Helix Audio Path:

Connect the Helix to your computer via USB.

Create a new patch.

Leave the input to path 1A as “Multi”, change the output of path 1A to “USB 3/4”.

Set the input of path 2A as “USB 3/4” and leave the output of 2A as “Multi” (or whatever you want).

Open your NDSP plugin of choice…Nameless, NTS or Abasi (they have full midi support).

Click on the gear icon in the bottom left corner, select the Helix as input and output.

Then choose Audio Input Channels 3 and 4 and Audio Output channels 3 and 4.

At this point, your signal flow is as follows:
Guitar —> Helix Input to path 1A —> out from Helix via USB 3/4 —> in to NDSP plugin via audio 3/4 —> Out of NDSP plugin via audio 3/4 —> in to Helix path 2A via USB 3/4 —> out of Helix via XLR, 1/4’ or whatever to speakers or headphones.

What this means anything you put in path 1A will be pre NDSP plugin and anything you put in path 2A will be post. I find this pretty handy for adding effects to Nameless and NTS since they have a limited set of effects built in.

NDSP Plugin Midi Setup:

On the NDSP plugin open the midi configuration dialog box
Click the plus to add a midi command, and choose “Program Change Preset”
Select the preset you want to switch to.
Assign a midi PC # (Program Change). It doesn’t really matter what #s you pick, just remember the #s because you’ll need them later to program the Helix.
Repeat this process for all of the presets you want to switch between. In my case, I have clean, crunch, heavy and lead presets and I assigned PCs 40-43 respectively.

Any help? I would like to record sound from neural plugin and helix as audio interface on my reaper. You know.... I paid for licensed of reaper.
pavelo01 is offline   Reply With Quote