Old 12-02-2021, 03:16 PM   #1
rockin rod
Human being with feelings

Default Control Surfaces: Error Opening Midi Inputs

I am trying to use a Behringer X Touch Mini with Reaper. I keep getting the error massage in the title "Control Surfaces: Error Opening Midi Inputs". I have tried using it on two different computers and get the same message. I know that Reaper must be set to Mackie Universal Control which you can see that I did so on the attachments. I am Using Windows 10 with Reaper v6.42 64 bit. See the error message attachments for details. Can anyone help me?
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Error Message.pdf (14.9 KB, 145 views)
File Type: pdf Midi Config.pdf (21.4 KB, 153 views)
rockin rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 01:03 AM   #2
ivansc

You need to enable control as well, or it doesn`t show as a controller. Also, MIDI controllers have output, not input.
Not sure whether that setup in Reaper means input TO the controller or from the controller, so try it with and without the output on assuming the original suggestion doesn`t work.
Not at my studio computer so I cant check how I have mine set.

P.S. Welcome to the forums! Check out the User Guide and the Video tutorials - free at reaper.fm
Old 12-03-2021, 12:32 PM   #3
rockin rod

Default Did you see the images attached?

If you look at the images I think you will see that I did as you suggested. Did I miss something?
rockin rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2021, 08:05 AM   #4
nofish

Have you tried not enabling it in MIDI devices, but only in Control Surface settings (input and output so you get MIDI feedback)?
I don't know the X Touch Mini, but I can say when I have one of my MIDI devices enabled in both I get the same error.
nofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2021, 11:53 AM   #5
bcab17

I don't know the "mini", but I have been using the "full" X-Touch (with the Klinke extension/plug-in), and it's only setuo as midi in and out in Reaoer Control Surfaces preferences. If I enable the X-Touch in or in and out in the MIDI Device preferenc page, the error message pops up...although the X-Touch continues to work properly if I leave it enabled.
bcab17 is offline   Reply With Quote