Old 06-07-2015, 04:06 PM   #121
Lazarus
Human being with feelings

What's not working for you with this?
Lazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 03:35 PM   #122
Lazarus

I've attached the new version with the option to not show start up messages. It's Win 64 bit, I'll update the repo in a while if that's it for now.
Attached Files
File Type: zip reaper_alphatrack.zip (101.9 KB, 349 views)
Old 06-11-2015, 11:31 AM   #123
Zephyrus

Quote:
What's not working for you with this?
if I load reaeq in a track and goto the EQ button on alphatrack "no ReaEQ found" message appears. Sure I can goto Plug-in but this EQ button has worked some tome ago.
Zephyrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 02:41 PM   #124
Lazarus

Hmm, it works here on Win 7 x64 with Reaper 4.78.

edit: it uses the name to check so won't find it if it doesn't have the letters "ReaEQ" at the beginning of the name, in case you've renamed it. Or if you've accidentally categorized it an instrument, because it looks for "VST: ReaEQ" and won't find "VSTi: ReaEQ".

Last edited by Lazarus; 06-11-2015 at 02:57 PM.
Old 06-11-2015, 11:29 PM   #125
Zephyrus

mmh, then it seems like a bug for win8. I haven't renamed anything and i'm on reaper 5beta 64bit on win8.1 64bit.
the strange thing is, if i load the plugin from the right click menu (fx button) it won't be recognized, but if i load it from the recent file list it does work after delselect and reselect the track.
I will try find out more...
Old 06-17-2015, 02:07 PM   #126
Zephyrus

I finally found the bug!

I have created 3 tracks.

the first one loads reaeq with drag and drop from the fx window. This is the output:

<VST "VST: ReaEQ (Cockos)" reaeq.dll 0 "".....

the second one loads the reaeq from the right click on the fx button "recent fx". The output:

<VST "VST: ReaEQ (Cockos)" reaeq.dll 0 "".....

the third one loads the reaeq from the right click on the fx button "add fx" -> "<Cockos>" The output:

<VST "ReaEQ (Cockos)" reaeq.dll 0 ""...

You see, the missing "VST:" is causing the trouble.

I will post it in the prerelease forum, can it be fixed?

zeph
Old 06-17-2015, 02:25 PM   #127
Lazarus

Cool, good work... I've attached a new version that checks for just "ReaEQ" at the start of the string too. So it should be fixed with this plugin but I'm sure the devs would want to know anyway. Please let me know if it does/doesn't work.
Attached Files
File Type: zip reaper_alphatrack.zip (102.1 KB, 384 views)
Old 06-17-2015, 02:41 PM   #128
Zephyrus

That was fast
I've posted it and Justin seems to fix it in the next 5rc.
Your new version works as expected, perfect thank you!
zeph
Old 06-18-2015, 02:20 AM   #129
Lazarus

You're welcome - I see that Justin zapped it in a ridiculously short time. Good news!
Old 06-27-2015, 03:42 PM   #130
tk_nacho

Just got an Alphatrack so I'd like to thank everyone involved in the development of this, worked out of the box.

I have a question, if I solo a track via ALphatrack which is a Group Solo/Mute/VCA master it Soloes, but doesnt affect the group as if I click the Solo button with the mouse.
I don't understand why, is there any workaround?

(The first and last times I solo in the gif is with the Alphatrack)

Thanks!!
tk_nacho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 08:08 PM   #131
tk_nacho

I would really appreciate if someone could take a look at my previous post. The gif is a little confusing, but it has an aclaration at the bottom.
Thanks!
Old 08-14-2015, 07:06 PM   #132
Lazarus

It looks like grouping works with mouse clicks or touches. If you run the action "Track: Toggle solo for selected tracks" you'll get the same behaviour as the Alphatrack. It actually triggers that action in track sync mode or CSurf_OnSoloChange when not in track sync mode and they both have the same result.

So it looks like any adjustment kind of needs to be at Reaper's end, although maybe there's a clever reason it works like this that we can't think of.
Old 08-14-2015, 07:29 PM   #133
tk_nacho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
It looks like grouping works with mouse clicks or touches. If you run the action "Track: Toggle solo for selected tracks" you'll get the same behaviour as the Alphatrack. It actually triggers that action in track sync mode or CSurf_OnSoloChange when not in track sync mode and they both have the same result.

So it looks like any adjustment kind of needs to be at Reaper's end, although maybe there's a clever reason it works like this that we can't think of.
Thanks a lot for looking into it Lazarus! Hopefully a Reaper dev may look into it then.
Old 08-15-2015, 04:52 AM   #134
Lazarus

You're welcome, it really seems as though Toggle Solo actions should do the same thing as toggling with the mouse.
Old 09-12-2015, 10:05 AM   #135
ddhintz

Default Send mode not updating in window.

Hey everyone.

I just got this AlphaTrack and the AlphaTrack PRO plugin.

Awesome.

While going through the doco and checking things out, I found that the Send mode in Advanced send isn't updating the mode property (in the window anyway) in real time.

I bring up the Routing window in Reaper and change one of the Send modes on AlphaTrack but the property doesn't change in Reaper. If I close the Routing window and then re-open it, I can see that the Send mode has in fact changed.

I'm on Reaper 5.01, Windows 10.

No big deal, just thought someone might like to know.
ddhintz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 08:10 AM   #136
stevelkneivel

Default El Capitan is super annoying.

Howdy, it's been a while. The AlphaTrack has been a super handy component in the studio, so another thanks to everyone involved. I'd still like to use it, but unfortunately I bought a new phone and was forced to upgrade to El Capitan (grrrrr)and of course the Alpha no longer is found. Does anyone know how I can get this rectified? I would be totally happy to pay for a driver update if someone knew the ropes. Is anyone else in the same boat?
Steve
Old 07-14-2018, 06:06 AM   #137
Tiggerdyret

I just wanted to add that you need to download the official Alphatrack driver and install in Windows 7 compatibility mode, if you are on Windows 10.
Here a guide for anyone who don't know how to do the compatibility thing:
http://pearsonsupport.helpserve.com/...e-in-windows-7
Tiggerdyret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 06:27 AM   #138
daxliniere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggerdyret View Post
I just wanted to add that you need to download the official Alphatrack driver and install in Windows 7 compatibility mode, if you are on Windows 10.
Here a guide for anyone who don't know how to do the compatibility thing:
http://pearsonsupport.helpserve.com/...e-in-windows-7
Thanks so much for this, Tiggerdyret! Looking forward to testing this again.
daxliniere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 01:37 PM   #139
Tiggerdyret

Quote:
Originally Posted by daxliniere View Post
Thanks so much for this, Tiggerdyret! Looking forward to testing this again.
No problem. Let me know if it works out.

Last edited by Tiggerdyret; 07-14-2018 at 02:12 PM.
Old 07-15-2018, 04:31 PM   #140
daxliniere

Yep, works like a charm!!
Thanks for the tip.
Old 07-17-2018, 03:01 AM   #141
Tiggerdyret

Quote:
Yep, works like a charm!!
Thanks for the tip.
Awesome
Old 01-23-2019, 02:27 AM   #142
Tiggerdyret

Does anyone else have problems with alphatrack not starting correctly? I sometimes have to un-plug re-plug it, mess with the driver or restart reaper for it to work.
Old 01-23-2019, 03:22 AM   #143
daxliniere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggerdyret View Post
Does anyone else have problems with alphatrack not starting correctly? I sometimes have to un-plug re-plug it, mess with the driver or restart reaper for it to work.
Yes, every time, for years.
Old 01-24-2019, 03:04 AM   #144
Tiggerdyret

Quote:
Yes, every time, for years.
Have you found a consistent way to make it start? I have to do different things each time.
Old 01-26-2019, 11:51 AM   #145
daxliniere

Yes, unplug, re-plug, go to REAPER settings, open all of the control surface menus, then click ok and close. Then the CS is reinitiallised. I believe there will be a future REAPER update that includes the Refresh control surfaces action to make this a touch easier.

In the end, we still don't know if it's REAPER of our devices failing with old age.
Interestingly, I know that mine will still transmit everything to REAPER (fader moves, buttons, etc), but it is not receiving anything at all, so fader jumps back to unity position, no text on screen, etc.
Old 01-28-2019, 07:48 AM   #146
Tiggerdyret

Quote:
Yes, unplug, re-plug, go to REAPER settings, open all of the control surface menus, then click ok and close. Then the CS is reinitiallised. I believe there will be a future REAPER update that includes the Refresh control surfaces action to make this a touch easier.

In the end, we still don't know if it's REAPER of our devices failing with old age.
Interestingly, I know that mine will still transmit everything to REAPER (fader moves, buttons, etc), but it is not receiving anything at all, so fader jumps back to unity position, no text on screen, etc.
Thanks. It surprise me if there is already a script the refreshes CSs out there
Old 03-05-2020, 01:34 AM   #147
barbaroja

It works flawlessly here.

I am wondering if maaaaaybe this could be updated to include new stuff like latch preview mode and stuff.

Best
barbaroja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2020, 03:03 PM   #148
MisterGTR

Hi

Just wanted to add my thanks to the developers of this. I bought one about 6 months ago, and it wasn't working properly. Until i found this thread yesterday and now it's improved my workflow no end. I'm noq using markers for the first time instead of just regions etc. Anyway i'm sure you all know how cool a Control Surface it is, for very little money. Even just knowing what track is selected and being able to scroll through them quickly is handy as i've just started using a template with 14 Busses and groups feeding into those and all the subtracks with my favourite VSTs in place already to go so i don't have to hunt for VSts (i'm rubbish at remembering what things were called). It's overkill but with the Alphatrack navigating it is easy!

Anyway thank you once again.
MisterGTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 09:14 AM   #149
tk_nacho

Hello! I've been having problems with the Alphatrack starting on Windows 10, Reaper 6.

It used to work fine and if not, an "un-plug/re-plug -> edit Control Surface window -> OK" would restart it and fix it, but lately after who knows how many system/daw updates it it is acting very randomly.

Sometimes I get it to work by re-plug, or changing the USB port, or unpluging/repluging all devices, but sometimes it won't happen after trying all this tricks. I can't seem to find a working pattern anymore.

So I'd like to ask the Alphatrackers out there, what are your current working Alphatrack licks.
I have to say that I love this device and I really hope it will keep going for long!

Best!
Old 04-23-2021, 03:12 AM   #150
MisterGTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by tk_nacho View Post
Hello! I've been having problems with the Alphatrack starting on Windows 10, Reaper 6.

It used to work fine and if not, an "un-plug/re-plug -> edit Control Surface window -> OK" would restart it and fix it, but lately after who knows how many system/daw updates it it is acting very randomly.

Sometimes I get it to work by re-plug, or changing the USB port, or unpluging/repluging all devices, but sometimes it won't happen after trying all this tricks. I can't seem to find a working pattern anymore.

So I'd like to ask the Alphatrackers out there, what are your current working Alphatrack licks.
I have to say that I love this device and I really hope it will keep going for long!

Best!
I have no real idea but when installing the Korg NanoKontrol stuff i noted the point about the first 10 midi slots being important. So i used the Korg Utility to delete anything i could that was before it in the list. That seemed to work. Problem is, things seem to get ahead of it in the queue again. I'm not sure if this is a fix or coincidence. But something you could try and maybe let me know. Because it could then maybe look at a more quickly repeatable fix. eg script to update the registry or just save the entry that works and reimport it at start up. Or some such hack!
MisterGTR is offline   Reply With Quote