Old 09-16-2018, 10:04 AM   #1
AudioWonderland
Human being with feelings

Default Reaper crashing loading plugins

V 5.95.

I have not seen this before. I ran a rescan but had to leave before I could test. Any thoughts or experience with this behavior?
AudioWonderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 11:37 PM   #2
ivansc

You might be better off running a clear/rescan rather than just a rescan. More likely to find any naughty plugins.
Very common source of this sort of issue in the past has been Waves plugins, because they use that damned shell system, so Reaper (and other DAWs) dont know that you have new plugins unless you do a full clear/rescan. And of course all those lovely Windows updates have been known to confuse the crap out of both reaper and many other programs that rely on a stable OS!!!
Old 09-17-2018, 04:49 AM   #3
AudioWonderland

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivansc View Post
You might be better off running a clear/rescan rather than just a rescan. More likely to find any naughty plugins.
Very common source of this sort of issue in the past has been Waves plugins, because they use that damned shell system, so Reaper (and other DAWs) dont know that you have new plugins unless you do a full clear/rescan. And of course all those lovely Windows updates have been known to confuse the crap out of both reaper and many other programs that rely on a stable OS!!!
I ended up moving my waves licenses off of the usb stick to the hardrive and that solved it. The usb license option was problematic from the beginning
AudioWonderland is offline   Reply With Quote