Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Music/Collaboration Discussion

Old 09-08-2007, 10:22 PM   #1
Jae.Thomas
Human being with feelings

Default musicians available for collab

PLEASE READ THIS POST BEFORE REPLYING

hey

lets start a thread listing what we can do, so that we can form a pool of musicians/beatmakers/noiseshakers/producers/mixers/etc

to collab with!

And then we can list what we normally end up looking for in a collab partner.

PLEASE LIMIT COMMENTS TO YOUR ABILITIES AND WHAT YOU LOOK FOR...

any comments having to do with actual collabs and kudos can go elsewhere lets keep this thread organized.

Ill start it off, naturally.

I play guitar, rooted in folk, blues, and grunge/metal. Im a very rhythmic player although i can pull off the occasional solo once in a while. My soloing style is certainly blues, in the style of but not as good as SRV, i can pull of a neil young quite well, and usually incorporate it in my own way. I love metal but havent quite mastered the technique quite yet. Check out my "twist of cain" solo for the closest i get.

I also sing, basically, with a variety of different vocal styles, but all certainly me, and well, as far as it actually sounding "good" well, youll have to click on my link below to judge that for yourself. It could be an "Acquired taste".

Im normally looking for weird instrument players, (the instrument being weird, not necessarily the player) or any type of country music style background thingy (banjo, lap steel, etc) for my folk stuff...

and mostly, piano.

Last edited by Jae.Thomas; 09-16-2007 at 11:36 PM.
Jae.Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 10:46 PM   #2
jamester

Cool, I'd be down for a possible Reaper collabo...

while I do play jazzy guitar, my main recording direction is hip-hop. I make beats and grooves, and spit dense wordy complicated rhymes.
jamester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 09:34 AM   #3
stoneharbor

Sounds cool, I am a bass player with a hard rock early metal background. I never was good a jazz type walking bass lines, but I can play some simple ones. I have a Variax bass and a Bass Pod Live XT so i can get a real good varity of sounds.
stoneharbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 09:55 AM   #4
Petimar

If you need mandolin (or any mandolin family instruments) or tenor guitar (4 string) I'm interested.

http://www.petimarpress.com/RichsWaltz.mp3

for a sample of my stuff.
Petimar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 11:15 AM   #5
beatbybit

cool,

my focus is on adding little happenings to the "raw" tracks,

i mean like tape and other analog delay (w/feedback), vocoder, synths, drum fills, sound effects - and lots of editing.

if you're intrested.
beatbybit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 07:28 AM   #6
jussi

The stuff that I play and can record at home is:

Classical 8Nylon) Guitars
Electric Guitar
Bass (acoustic with pickup)
Mandolin

I would be glad to participate on anything
jussi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 12:54 PM   #7
Kihoalu

I play guitar, rooted in folk, blues, and anti grunge/metal.

(just kidding)

I play mostly Slack Key - hence my moniker. Open G tuning mostly, with some dropped C, capo-ed F, etc, etc. This style incorporates a fair amount of sliding, use of harmonics and lots of 6th and 3rd harmonies in mostly Major Keys. Just now branching into Bossa Nova and other Brazilian Styles.

Chief influences are: Ledward Kaapana, Ozzie Kotani, Gabby Pahinui, with Leo Kottke and John Fahey as earlier icons.
Old 09-11-2007, 01:53 PM   #8
mbuzz

I did a bunch of these over at PSW know turned over to the Wobm they were called CAPE ( composers/artist/producers/engineers )
It was ALOT of FUN !!!

Goto http://womb.mixerman.net/index.php and check it out for ideas

Oh ya
writer / gtr/bass/engineer/producer etc.

Later
Buzz

for reference goto www.myspace.com/machineband
mbuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 03:42 AM   #9
dazzathedrummer

I'm a drummer/percussionist, backing vocalist (and lead if you like).

I play acoustic and electric drums (simmons sds v & sds 2000), I have a wide range of percussion instruments - conga's, bongos etc.

I also program drum machines and sequence drum patterns.

I used to work for Chris Rea and Stuart Epps at the Sol Mill studios in the UK.

I also record/produce/mix/write/arrange and enjoy doing anything that relates to sound.

Have a listen to a few of my early recordings on my MySpace.

i'd love to collaborate with anyone capable of generating great sounding material - you never know when collaborating on these sort of things is going to get you some paid work.
Old 09-12-2007, 07:48 AM   #10
Dr Bob

Default I'll add my kid in ...

Ok

me - musican - nada - but I "think" I am a good producer. Worked with bands in the 70's - Canterbury sound stuff - also did field recordings for various folk at impromptu /informal gigs(eg Henry Cow!). Now do my own thing (best kept to myself!), but do record my daughter.

She plays: soprano, alto, tenor sax, (jazz) clarinet, flute, piccolo, violin, piano, organ (ancient KAWAI), sings and will play just about anything which makes a noise. Most at grade VIII + (if that matters at all - but she can play!).

She would add in tracks as required. Have done some collabs already back in the IUMA days (remember???)

db
Dr Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 08:42 AM   #11
flight

Great idea!

Guitar player, acoustic and electric, rhythm and lead (mostly rock or blues).

Vocals/backup/harmonies - solid harmony vocals, can do lead on some types of songs, not my strongest suit.

Can do bass in a pinch.

Can help with drums/percussion.

Sounds like fun...
flight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 07:11 AM   #12
Till

i'm a drummer. hardrock, hip-hop, chillout, drum'n'bass stuff. been playing half my life now.

"Recording is God's way of telling you that you suck." - Bob Brozman

My Jesusonic FX - Xenakios' Extension

REAPER FR Tracker - what is that?

The "How Stuff works in REAPER": video blog
Till is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 12:53 AM   #13
scum

i need brutal guitars and vocals for my upcoming rough industrial noise..
scum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 06:10 AM   #14
likenokevin

Hey scum I can help out with some distorted guitar 'brewtality'. Not much of a lead player though. Get in touch if you want to hook up.
likenokevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 05:39 AM   #15
Wombat

...and if any of you happen to produce a track or two of something in the folk/world music genre and would like some airplay, please let me know. I run a weekly program on our local radio station. The island I live on is a major tourist destination. We get over 160,000 visitors a year from all over the world and large numbers of them tune in to KIXFM. I'd love to be able to play them something original and interesting. A collaboration of musos from around the world would fit the bill nicely, and who knows what might come of it?
Go to it!
BTW, nice mando, Petimar. I also play mandolin family instruments, but not to your standard.
Wombat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 03:44 PM   #16
Raana2137

Hi guys,
I'm able to add some melodic rocking or/and bluesy guitar-parts!
I also do Bass. From Rock to walkin Bass. Send me your Tracks ;-)
Raana2137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 07:50 PM   #17
Andi

Trying to get to grips with hiphop production, not quite there yet.

I can offer rap vocals though, been rapping for years, only been taking it more seriously over the past year and a half ish.

I like to write on dark, more conscious tracks, and also the odd party track (you know, ones that get the crowd happy!)

Let me know if your interested.

P.S ALWAYS looking for abstract beats! If you've made one, give me a shout, or even just a melody or whatever, I'm sure I could add some drums and a bassline in!

Last edited by Andi; 10-31-2007 at 11:04 AM.
Andi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 03:37 PM   #18
Rusrant

Electric, acoustic, slide and resonator guitar here. Would be glad to collaborate on something interesting.
Rusrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 02:57 PM   #19
GermanFafian

Hi there.
I play Electric Guitar somewhere along the Old VanHalen/Satriani/Gilmour school even thought right now I'm making electronic music.
I've done a few Psychedelic/jazzy sounding collabs in the old FL forum. So if you need some wicked guitars and FX let me know.
Old 12-08-2007, 09:33 PM   #20
mmayo

Default Bass Player Interested in adding bass to your project

I play four string bass and I am also a new Reaper user. If you wish someone with bass experience to devise a bassline for your songs - let me know.

I have done so for rock, blues and rap/hip hop. I like the good feeling when a line works out in the mix.

I have the ability to receive reaper or other wave files and a brain.

My member links has some songs (covers) that I played the bass.
mmayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 04:30 PM   #21
dejankuki

Hi, I'm sorry that I didn't see this thread earlier... but it's better ever then never...
OK, I'm guitar player... mainly rock, Heavy and shreding.
I make arrangements and music...
I'm also music producer.

Here is my work... done with Reaper and Korg...
Guitars are mine!!

http://www.4shared.com/file/23624878.../Primer_4.html
dejankuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 08:41 PM   #22
pattonfreak1

Default cookie monster

I'm not to shabby a singer but better at cookie monster type vocals. I'm down for anything.
I also play a little guitar...
I say its little cuz I'm you know... a giant
Old 12-26-2007, 11:00 PM   #23
TheJazzyOne

I LOVE the idea of online collaborations, so I'm always always ALWAYS into working with people.

I play rhythm guitar in lots of different styles... blues, rock, country, metal, gospel, grunge, pop... pretty much anything that doesn't make me know chords with 6 or 7 notes. :-) (despite the name, I can't play jazz well)

I play lead guitar in a very blues-rock-country way... imagine what the 3 of them would sound like mashed up... that's me. But maybe throw in a few Chuck Berry licks from time to time.....

I play bass in pretty much any of the styles above.

I play drums, but I don't record them often. (I would for a good project, though). However, I've made it my goal over the past couple of years to get as good as possible at making programmed drums sound real, and I think it's coming along not too bad. It's fun for me to do, too, so it works out well.

I play piano/keys, too, but it's easily my weakest instrument, though. I do, however, like playing keys as a "filler"... meaning putting in organ parts into rock songs that just sit in the background and make things sound huge... it's easy stuff to play that I'm sure any of you guys that have a keyboard can do, but I have fun searching out those parts and making them fit.

Most of all, though, I'm getting into the "producing" aspect... I love putting it all together, then finding ways to make it sparkle, to fill it out, and to polish it.

Vocals I don't do much of... I do like to rap if anyone needs that, but other than that I pretty much suck. However, I have been trying to experiment with electronic vocals lately, so if anyone wants to jump down that road, I'd like to play along if you want some company.

My wife is typically willing to lend me a hand in pretty much anything I get involved in, too. She plays piano MUCH better than I do, and she has a great voice for singing backup, and a great ear for harmony.

I'm into everything. Seriously, I love making music (isn't that what it's all about?) I've recorded rock, country, hip hop, blues, gospel, show tunes, pop, metal, art rock, techno, and crazy off the wall stuff that I don't even know how to categorize.... and I can't wait to dive into new stuff at any time.

I'm always looking for new projects, and I can say that I don't bring an ego along when it comes to making music.... if you need me for a big role in a project or an incredibly small one, I'm usually very happy to be involved.
TheJazzyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 06:05 PM   #24
xxavengeatticaxx

would anyone be interested in an IDM/ Electronic type music collaboration??

PM me

im also a hell of drumset player
xxavengeatticaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 02:24 PM   #25
jens

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmayo View Post
I play four string bass and I am also a new Reaper user. If you wish someone with bass experience to devise a bassline for your songs - let me know.

I have done so for rock, blues and rap/hip hop. I like the good feeling when a line works out in the mix.

I have the ability to receive reaper or other wave files and a brain.

My member links has some songs (covers) that I played the bass.

I could also offer some bass-duties - please no blues though for me - but I'd like to add funk&reggae to the description.
jens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 02:33 PM   #26
wonderbread

I play a French Connection (electronic instrument) with sound production by my modular eurorack synth. If you're looking for violin/theremin like sounds/leads or weird analogue synth creations PM. I'd love to improvise to a mix.

JoMoX analogue beat production also available (909 style)
wonderbread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 09:19 PM   #27
The Great Dictator

Hey i play cello and bass. I'd love to do something.
The Great Dictator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 12:30 AM   #28
iamamonkeysoareyou

Hi,

Im mainly a guitarist. All sorts of styles but mainly Rock / Blues.

I tinkle on the old keyboard too.

Recently i've dabbled in electronica. (dance, atmospheric etc etc.) soundclips are at http://www.reverbnation.com/iamamonkey

Lets start collaborating!!!

Gear: AMD Athlon 3200 / M-Audio Oxygen 64 / Line6 POD Studio UX1 / M-Audio Studiophine AV40 / Korg PadKONTROL / Novation Nocturn / Ibanez Universe UV777 / Epiphone Les Paul Custom Plus / REAPER!!!!!!
iamamonkeysoareyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 03:56 PM   #29
thequietroom

Default Guitar

Guitar, 7 string. Getting better at BFD programming. Forte is heavy/tight (but musical) chops melodic lead some shred (again still try for musical not just shred for the sake of it) (have a tune linked in another post in this forum can hear some)
shechter/esp guitars
tones from
podxt
vetta 2 (mic'd)
Adapting to reaper (lovin it)
thequietroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 08:57 PM   #30
Archetype

I am for almost any type of genre of music, but tend to stray towards progressive rock and metal onwards, all types of metal, except black metal i guess, never been a huge fan of it.

Yeah, would be able to put down drum tracks for anything and would say I could do guitar riffing for most type of music too, not as skilled in soloing areas but would be up to giving it a go. If need could lass down some bass tracks to.

Have in my opinion a half decent death metal growl too. LOL, but yet to record it.

Enjoy writing lyrics too, intelligent and meaningful lyrics.

Also have some OK mixing and mastering skills under my belt, but have years of learning in that field ahead of me.
2.5Ghz CPU (overclockable when needed)
4gb
Reaper 3.05 x64 (evaluation, going to purchase soon)
Vista 64bit
23" primary display at 1920x1200
15.4" secondary display at 1680x1050
Archetype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 05:36 PM   #31
cerendir

I play several different instruments, mainly stringed ones, but I'm guessing there's not a huge demand for guitarists/bass players/mandolin players/etc. However, I also play tin whistle (both high and low) so if you happen to need a folky vibe for some song, let me know.
cerendir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 02:15 PM   #32
Basil

Default No Music File Attachments

I was going to suggest that someone should post a music ideas with a BPM and a seperate click track and maybe we start to collaborate on it, but you can't attach any type of music file here.
Basil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 05:47 AM   #33
Fordy

Default Pedal Steel

Hi,
any "Steeley´s" out there?
If so, PM me please, I have some tracks that could do with some steel (just 4 fun but worth a bash).
Regards
Fordy
Fordy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 06:39 AM   #34
BlessedOne72

Default Help Needed...

Any one willing to lay down tracks for my songs ???

Keyboard, Strings, Brass, Woodwinds, Lead Guitar, Backup Vocals, etc.

Anything the song needs, with a broad and bright vision, yet close to the edge !!!

please, check my site and get in touch :

http://zwsanctuary.jouluserver.com
BlessedOne72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 06:40 AM   #35
BlessedOne72

Default Help Needed...

Any one willing to lay down some tracks for my songs ???

Keyboard, Strings, Brass, Woodwinds, Lead Guitar, Backup Vocals, etc.

Anything the song needs, with a broad and bright vision, yet close to the edge !!!

please, check my site and get in touch :

http://zwsanctuary.jouluserver.com

zergei Warwick

Latest Effort !!!

https://stash.reaper.fm/oldsb/608056/...01_Clip%29.mp3

Last edited by BlessedOne72; 08-23-2009 at 01:22 AM. Reason: Update
BlessedOne72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 03:40 PM   #36
flatpickle

Default Guitar (acoustic, electric, lead and rhythm), Bass, Mandolin

Hi,

I like the collaborators index idea! I usually play within the following styles: Pop, bluegrass, blues, rock, country, jazz, folk.

I play guitar, usually with a pick. I play electric and acoustic, both lead and rhythm. I'm a good improviser.

I also play bass and mandolin.

I'm especially interested in collaborating with a good pianist, and it would be sweet to collaborate with some horn players and drummers.

You can hear some of my guitar stuff (mostly bluegrass) here (scroll down to the music player on the left side of the screen):

http://flatpick.ning.com/profile/DaveWarner
flatpickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 12:04 AM   #37
WH studios

Default synthesizers

i play synthesizers. i like to take a "performance approache" to laying down tracks . i can create melodies, bass lines ... but i also enjoy messing with the abstract and the concrete. i'm interested in pop , industrial , hip-hop, improvised and experimental music of all sorts. i can handle midi . i use solely hardware as sound sources ( analog, digital , organ, piano). one more thing i could do are vocoded vocals (old-school analog vocoding). and maybe some sample tweaking

i would like to collaborate with beat producers . i haVE BEATBOXES and that kind of stuff but i am reaching the conclusion that i prefer working with synths and keyboard instruments.

i would also like to work with composer's . i could take midi tracks and create sounds for them as well as adding tracks if necessary

i would also like to add synthesizers to tracks that only need a last little touch: melodic or ambient or ??

i'm interested in pop , industrial , hip-hop,instrumental, original , improvised and experimental music of all sorts. as long as it'S good!!

Last edited by WH studios; 02-28-2010 at 12:11 AM.
WH studios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 07:24 AM   #38
rgraceful

Brand new to Reaper;3 years on PT
Bass and some Vox can play rock to country.
Past 10 years programming midi stuff and Lyrics/Songwriting...
Looking for Christian Rock or clean Rock collaboration Country ok ...
you can hear 6 demo songs I wrote , programmed , and recorded at...

Reverbnation/rgraceful
rgraceful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 07:07 PM   #39
icarusi

Guitarist mainly, although dabble with other instruments for recording (who doesn't).

Looking to do some jazz fusion, complex time sig, key change stuff eventually. Currently working on some new stuff/ideas and mixing some ancient tape stuff I could never get acceptable with manual analogue mixing.

My ancient stuff here:-

http://soundcloud.com/nobutsithee

Newer stuff here:-

http://soundcloud.com/icarusi
icarusi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 09:22 PM   #40
daveyh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Brian Merrill View Post
PLEASE READ THIS POST BEFORE REPLYING

hey

lets start a thread listing what we can do, so that we can form a pool of musicians/beatmakers/noiseshakers/producers/mixers/etc

to collab with!
Ok. I am a songwriter. I need someone to add tracks to my songs such as lead guitar, piano and such. Is this what this thread is about? If so how do I get involved in this and what does it take to make this work? I have never sent anything over the internet to other people to add to my songs. I'm in if it works.
daveyh is offline   Reply With Quote