Old 08-21-2018, 09:35 AM   #601
Arionas
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeronimo View Post
... Like an old ADAT machine trying to sync with the master deck
Owww that was a nightmare..
When I was using Studio One I didn't have glitches with ARA- Melodyne but I stopped using it cause of the cpu spikes and the general cpu instability.
For me(I'm not beta testing ARA2) if ARA 2 and melodyne implementation in Reaper works similar to ARA1 in Studio One, I'll be happy.
Old 08-21-2018, 10:27 AM   #602
Jeronimo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arionas View Post
Owww that was a nightmare..
When I was using Studio One I didn't have glitches with ARA- Melodyne but I stopped using it cause of the cpu spikes and the general cpu instability.
For me(I'm not beta testing ARA2) if ARA 2 and melodyne implementation in Reaper works similar to ARA1 in Studio One, I'll be happy.
As of today, Studio One's implementation is more polished (workflow-wise). But if performance is better on the final release, I'll be more than happy with it.
Old 08-21-2018, 06:36 PM   #603
midiman007

Quote:
Originally Posted by schwa View Post
It's not finalized yet, and of course the details are for them to announce, not us. For our purposes the important part is changes in the overall design, rather than individual features. Parts of ARA1 are an uncomfortable fit with some common types of REAPER edits, and other things.

They have been very responsive to making sure the ARA2 design fits with how REAPER works, which we appreciate.
Wow that is rare. I remember the good old days when M$ pointed to the Software company and the Software company pointed to M$. The old run around. Glad to hear Celemony is not one of those companies.
Old 09-07-2018, 08:21 AM   #604
Plarnuvius

Default What is ARA?

newcomer to Reaper, thinking of getting Melodyne. What exactly is ARA and how does that make things easier? Thanks.
Plarnuvius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 08:39 AM   #605
midiman007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plarnuvius View Post
newcomer to Reaper, thinking of getting Melodyne. What exactly is ARA and how does that make things easier? Thanks.
Hopefully I can explain this.

Ara from what I understand is to make Melodyne integration with reaper like cubase Vary audio. Updates to the wav forms notes are instantaneous. You will not need to transfer audio from reaper to Melodyne it will happen automatically and update on the fly.

Look at a cubase Video in regards to cubase variaudio. This might help you.
Old 09-11-2018, 01:32 AM   #606
drowo

Maybe you take a look at Celemony's help center:
http://helpcenter.celemony.com/hc2-c...ngwithara.html

Melodyne is not working as a "just in time" processor like other plugins, it needs access to the whole audio to do it's analysis. If used "as a plugin" without ARA, you have to transfer (i.e. record) the audio to melodyne before it can do it's analysis. If you for instance record the audio freshly, melodyne will not notice untill you transfer it again, untill then it will still play the old transfered audio. I had some funny situations where I muted an item (not the whole track) but melodyne (as track FX) kept on playing that item. I meanwhile use Melodyne as an item FX rather than track FX, so at least changes to the position of the item go without having to retransfer the audio.

In ARA mode is has access to the whole audio track and is immediately informed about any change.

Without ARA it is a good advice to do any melodyning at the very end of your process, when you are pretty sure you won't need a change making a new transfer necessary ... which by the way will destroy all your previous edits in melodyne on that track.

Last edited by drowo; 09-11-2018 at 03:39 AM.
drowo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 06:41 AM   #607
Jeronimo

Quote:
Originally Posted by drowo View Post
Without ARA it is a good advice to do any melodyning at the very end of your process, when you are pretty sure you won't need a change making a new transfer necessary ... which by the way will destroy all your previous edits in melodyne on that track.
I would say the opposite, specially with Reaper: do Melodyne first, then apply it as a new take and bypass the plugin.
Old 09-14-2018, 09:55 AM   #608
X. O. Apodo

It seems that when ARA2 is announced for release that at that time Celemony or the various DAW developers will also announce the DAW's that will adopt it.

It is important to me as it is then that I will make the final decision which DAW will be my main or one and only DAW. Ok, likely Reaper but not 100% sure.
Old 09-17-2018, 08:43 AM   #609
Mercado_Negro

Schwa, SyncroArts just released ReVoice Pro 4 with ARA 2 support. I just upgraded and it's almost working fine with REAPER. I can add the ReVoice Link plugin to each track I want to work on and it immediately transfers everything to ReVoice (Awesome!) but I can't playback the APT processes. The audio gets cut. Could you please get in touch with SyncroArts to troubleshoot this? I can help! Just let me know
Old 09-17-2018, 02:17 PM   #610
mschnell

I suppose this kind of problem is better discussed in the pre-release forum...

-Michael
mschnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 12:19 PM   #611
chucky5p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercado_Negro View Post
Schwa, SyncroArts just released ReVoice Pro 4 with ARA 2 support. I just upgraded and it's almost working fine with REAPER. I can add the ReVoice Link plugin to each track I want to work on and it immediately transfers everything to ReVoice (Awesome!) but I can't playback the APT processes. The audio gets cut. Could you please get in touch with SyncroArts to troubleshoot this? I can help! Just let me know
You're luckier than me. When I add the ReVoice Pro Link plugin to a track containing some vocals, RVP4 app's GUI "flashes" for a brief moment and then nothing else happens. On the RVP Link plugin itself, I don't get to choose which track RVP will use, it just show "None". Also the "Link" and "Start" checkbox/buttons don't work at all. However, at the bottom of the plugin, there's a status line saying "ARA2" which probably mean the plugin at least recognize that the ARA2 mode is being used.

Note: I'm using Reaper v5.96pre7 with RVP v4.0.0.20

BTW, it's odd that SynchroArts were able to release an ARA2 version of their plugin before Celemony

Chuck
chucky5p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 12:52 PM   #612
Mercado_Negro

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucky5p View Post
You're luckier than me. When I add the ReVoice Pro Link plugin to a track containing some vocals, RVP4 app's GUI "flashes" for a brief moment and then nothing else happens. On the RVP Link plugin itself, I don't get to choose which track RVP will use, it just show "None". Also the "Link" and "Start" checkbox/buttons don't work at all. However, at the bottom of the plugin, there's a status line saying "ARA2" which probably mean the plugin at least recognize that the ARA2 mode is being used.

Note: I'm using Reaper v5.96pre7 with RVP v4.0.0.20

BTW, it's odd that SynchroArts were able to release an ARA2 version of their plugin before Celemony

Chuck
That's odd. When you insert the link plug-in and click on "start" it should start RVP and then it should say "show" which brings up front RVP. At this point the link plugin drop-down menu should give you the option to choose from three tracks on RVP.
Old 09-22-2018, 01:18 PM   #613
chucky5p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercado_Negro View Post
That's odd. When you insert the link plug-in and click on "start" it should start RVP and then it should say "show" which brings up front RVP. At this point the link plugin drop-down menu should give you the option to choose from three tracks on RVP.
None of that happens in my case. When I insert the link plugin, nothing happens when I click on "start" and I have to manually start RVP4 and no drop-down menu appears, only the default selection "None". I also tried starting Reaper and RVP in "Administrator" mode to see if it made any difference, but nope.

Since it seems to work in your case, I'll try un-installing and re-installing RVP4 to see if it fixes anything. BTW, which version of Reaper do you use?

Update: I un-installed RVP4, then cleaned Windows Registry of all references to RVP4 to do a really clean new install, but nothing changed. Same behavior as before. I guess I'll have to wait until SynchroArts officially support Reaper with ARA2. According to their website, only StudioOne Pro 4.2 is fully supported for ARA2, but Reaper support is coming.

Thanks MG,

Chuck

Last edited by chucky5p; 09-22-2018 at 01:43 PM. Reason: Status Update
Old 09-22-2018, 03:53 PM   #614
jens

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschnell View Post
I suppose this kind of problem is better discussed in the pre-release forum...

-Michael
Did you just tell one of the mods how to behave? That's strong.
jens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 04:47 PM   #615
Mercado_Negro

Quote:
None of that happens in my case. When I insert the link plugin, nothing happens when I click on "start" and I have to manually start RVP4 and no drop-down menu appears, only the default selection "None". I also tried starting Reaper and RVP in "Administrator" mode to see if it made any difference, but nope.

Since it seems to work in your case, I'll try un-installing and re-installing RVP4 to see if it fixes anything. BTW, which version of Reaper do you use?

Update: I un-installed RVP4, then cleaned Windows Registry of all references to RVP4 to do a really clean new install, but nothing changed. Same behavior as before. I guess I'll have to wait until SynchroArts officially support Reaper with ARA2. According to their website, only StudioOne Pro 4.2 is fully supported for ARA2, but Reaper support is coming.

Thanks MG,

Chuck
I'm on Mac so maybe that's a problem on Windows? I think you should contact Cockos and describe the problem so they can take a look at it with the people at SyncroArts (It pays off because I'm already talking with both parties via email solving the problem I described above and they're very responsive).
Old 09-22-2018, 05:01 PM   #616
_Stevie_

Got the same behavior, I'm on Windows as well. So it might indeed be Windows pissue.
Old 10-02-2018, 07:39 AM   #617
brynolf

Just got an email from Celemony proclaiming the ARA2 release. What's the official word from Cockos?

EDIT: Errrr, I might be mistaken. It seems to be Logic related. No mention of ARA2 really.
brynolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 08:38 AM   #618
mabian

Quote:
Originally Posted by brynolf View Post
Just got an email from Celemony proclaiming the ARA2 release. What's the official word from Cockos?

EDIT: Errrr, I might be mistaken. It seems to be Logic related. No mention of ARA2 really.
Well, actually I think that this 4.2 version has ARA v2, and they simply call it "ARA", the most recent versions of Logic and Studio One mentioned most likely support the new ARA - especially Logic.

I could be wrong, but I don't think

EDIT: here

https://www.gearnews.com/namm-2018-c...random-access/

Says "Celemony is looking to release ARA 2 in the spring. Currently, PreSonus has announced that they are working on it, Cockos are integrating it into Reaper and Logic 10.4 is ready to go."

- Mario
mabian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 08:43 AM   #619
Jae.Thomas

It definitely works, but I started a new thread which will hopefully have some people shedding some light on just how it works.
Jae.Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 09:01 AM   #620
Jeronimo

I'm lost now LOL
This NAMM post if from January. We've been testing Melodyne / Reaper integration for a few months now.
What exactly isn't clear? If this release is good to go with Reaper? It should be with all pre-release candidates. Now it's waiting for the official Cockos release.
I'll test it today and post back if no one else does
Old 10-02-2018, 09:35 AM   #621
vanceen

Just got this from Celemony:

"At last, also with ARA:
Melodyne 4.2 and Logic
Your free update.

We’re delighted to announce our latest ARA partner: Logic Pro X. Yes, as of now, Melodyne 4.2 and Logic Pro X 10.4.2 work even faster, more efficiently and in a more userfriendly way together by taking advantage of our ARA interface extension.
That’s good news for all Logic users!

But since Melodyne 4.2 also contains numerous bugfixes and all kinds of other optimizations (also for other ARA and non-ARA DAWs), we recommend this update to all our other users as well.

Just click on “Download update” and enjoy your new, even better, Melodyne.

Download update

Find out more about Melodyne 4 studio below."
vanceen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 01:02 PM   #622
europa_man

Default Are We Falling Behind Without ARA?

I just received this update as well.
Will Reaper ever get onboard with ARA?
We are falling behind - will we ever catch up?
Melodyne is the simply the best software for vocal editing and so much more.

It will work in the new Bandlab Cakewalk which you can download for free.

__________________________________________________ ___

Last edited by europa_man; 10-02-2018 at 04:59 PM.
europa_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 01:15 PM   #623
Lokasenna

Falling behind?

1. ARA2 was only released last week.

2. Did you actually read any of the thread before posting?
Old 10-02-2018, 02:02 PM   #624
ivansc

Quote:
Originally Posted by europa_man View Post
I just received this update as well.
Will Reaper ever get onboard with ARA2?
We are falling behind - will we ever catch up?

If you actually bought the melodyne ARA2 version (which as far as I know is not yet released) it will already work with the latest Reaper pre-release. Sounds like you haven`t been paying attention to what has been going on there regarding Melodyne.
Old 10-02-2018, 02:06 PM   #625
Susan G

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivansc View Post
If you actually bought the melodyne ARA2 version (which as far as I know is not yet released) it will already work with the latest Reaper pre-release. Sounds like you haven`t been paying attention to what has been going on there regarding Melodyne.
I posted in another thread: "Just to clarify, Celemony isn't calling it 'ARA2,' just Melodyne 4.2, correct? I was a beta tester and got the announcement of my free update, but I somehow thought they'd make a bigger deal of it when it was released."

So is 4.2 actually ARA2 and they're just not going to call it that, if you know?

-Susan
Susan G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 02:16 PM   #626
Xenakios

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan G View Post
So is 4.2 actually ARA2 and they're just not going to call it that, if you know?
Yes. I downloaded Melodyne Essential 4.2 today and it runs with ARA(2) support in the latest Reaper prerelease version. (5.96 rc2). I guess switching over to ARA2 was not a big deal for Celemony if there are no end user facing changes in how the currently available plugins work. (Just a thing for developers of hosts and plugins.)
Old 10-02-2018, 02:19 PM   #627
Susan G

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenakios View Post
Yes. I downloaded Melodyne Essential 4.2 today and it runs with ARA(2) support in the latest Reaper prerelease version. (5.96 rc2). I guess switching over to ARA2 was not a big deal for Celemony if there are no end user facing changes in how the currently available plugins work.
Okay, great.

Thanks-

-Susan
Old 10-02-2018, 02:30 PM   #628
Jorock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan G View Post
I posted in another thread: "Just to clarify, Celemony isn't calling it 'ARA2,' just Melodyne 4.2, correct? I was a beta tester and got the announcement of my free update, but I somehow thought they'd make a bigger deal of it when it was released."

-Susan
ARA2 is just the language (so to speak) that the two programs communicate over. It would make sense that Melodyne simply continues with their version numbers as they integrate support for new technologies (ie. ARA2).
Jorock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 02:34 PM   #629
Susan G

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorock View Post
ARA2 is just the language (so to speak) that the two programs communicate over. It would make sense that Melodyne simply continues with their version numbers as they integrate support for new technologies (ie. ARA2).
Right, got it. Thanks!

-Susan
Old 10-02-2018, 06:50 PM   #630
chucky5p

FYI, After contacting SynchroArts support a few days ago about the problems I was experiencing with the Windows' version of RevoicePro 4 (ARA2 compatible) and Reaper, they released an update today (v 4.0.0.23) fixing most of the issues I was experiencing. Thanks Renato!

See:https://www.synchroarts.com/release-notes/Revoice+Pro+4

Now I can finally do some basic pitch correction in RVP4 and the latest Reaper pre thanks to ARA2. There are still a few bugs to iron out but this is encouraging. Also, I am very happy to see that Celemony finally released their ARA2 version of Melodyne Studio. I've tried it and it seems to work fine. These are exiting times coming ahead Thanks to Justin and Schwa for including this great time saver technology in Reaper.

Chuck
Old 10-02-2018, 06:58 PM   #631
Miul

Quote:
FYI, After contacting SynchroArts support a few days ago about the problems I was experiencing with the Windows' version of RevoicePro 4 (ARA2 compatible) and Reaper, they released an update today (v 4.0.0.23) fixing most of the issues I was experiencing. Thanks Renato!

See:https://www.synchroarts.com/release-notes/Revoice+Pro+4

Now I can finally do some basic pitch correction in RVP4 and the latest Reaper pre thanks to ARA2. There are still a few bugs to iron out but this is encouraging. Also, I am very happy to see that Celemony finally released their ARA2 version of Melodyne Studio. I've tried it and it seems to work fine. These are exiting times coming ahead Thanks to Justin and Schwa for including this great time saver technology in Reaper.

Chuck
I actually watched the video presenting Melodyne with Logic and I could not see any single feature that wasn't already present in studio one with ara1. Actually the workflow with logic seems to be less user friendly than it is with S1 ara1.
In fact, also with revoice, I cannot see any big improvement in relation to how it works melodyne with ara1. So, have you, or somebody else, figured it out what is all this fuss about ara2?
Miul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 07:35 PM   #632
Jae.Thomas

folder tracks don't work quite right with melodyne ARA'ed
Old 10-02-2018, 07:40 PM   #633
Jae.Thomas

hmm, im seeing a lot of different issues here, but I'm so glad it's coming along!
Old 10-02-2018, 07:48 PM   #634
chucky5p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miul View Post
... So, have you, or somebody else, figured it out what is all this fuss about ara2?
Regarding StudioOne, you are right that ARA2 doesn't bring anything new compared to ARA1, except supposedly better ARA performance. But ARA2 finally brings these same time saving workflow features to Reaper and RevoicePro. That's what's different. And this HUGE news for Reaper users that use these ARA enabled plugins.

As a matter of fact, I actually bought StudioOne v3 when it got out mainly because at that time, it was the only DAW to integrate Melodyne with ARA, and Reaper devs repeatedly said they had no interest in including ARA in Reaper. But about a year ago, when Celemony announced the forthcoming ARA2 with its simplified programming architecture, Reaper devs said they were interested in including it in Reaper. Since Reaper is my preferred DAW, I was very happy about that prospect.

Finally, I'll be able to use Reaper with all my favorite pitch correction plugins in an efficient way thanks to ARA2. The same goes with SynchroArts's RevoicePro which was PITA to use without ARA.

Chuck
Old 10-02-2018, 08:11 PM   #635
Miul

Quote:
Regarding StudioOne, you are right that ARA2 doesn't bring anything new compared to ARA1, except supposedly better ARA performance. But ARA2 finally brings these same time saving workflow features to Reaper and RevoicePro. That's what's different. And this HUGE news for Reaper users that use these ARA enabled plugins.

As a matter of fact, I actually bought StudioOne v3 when it got out mainly because at that time, it was the only DAW to integrate Melodyne with ARA, and Reaper devs repeatedly said they had no interest in including ARA in Reaper. But about a year ago, when Celemony announced the forthcoming ARA2 with its simplified programming architecture, Reaper devs said they were interested in including it in Reaper. Since Reaper is my preferred DAW, I was very happy about that prospect.

Finally, I'll be able to use Reaper with all my favorite pitch correction plugins in an efficient way thanks to ARA2. The same goes with SynchroArts's RevoicePro which was PITA to use without ARA.

Chuck

I see. I was actually expecting even a better workflow but, as I always said, ara1 was already so good that I didn't know what could have been better...but I'm only a user and not a developer.

I've just had a quick test underlining the differences in behaviour with S1 which I reported in the pre release post. There are some important ones in my opinion.

I would also encourage all people having trouble with monitoring the bulbs to contact celemony as, when I did, they were really surprised to hear about this problem and thought that mine was an isolated case. In fact, I've read about many people having the same issue. Let them be aware!

Last edited by Miul; 10-02-2018 at 11:16 PM.
Miul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 03:14 PM   #636
grayter1

Is it just Melodyne for now, or is VocAlign included in the new ARA2 Reaper functionality?

tg
Mac Studio M1 MAX / 64GB / 2TB HD / macOS Ventura 13.6.3 / RME BabyFace Pro FS / SSL UF8 + UF1 + UC1 / Roland SYSTEM 8 / Kontrol S61 mk3 / Keylab 61 mkII / Komplete 14 / Omnisphere / Keyscape / Trilian / V Collection X / UVI Falcon
grayter1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 03:47 PM   #637
mschnell

The DAW should not be aware of which plugin is loaded. If both adhere to the interface standards (VSTn and ARA2). they should work together as expected.

-Michael
mschnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 11:18 PM   #638
chucky5p

Quote:
Originally Posted by grayter1 View Post
Is it just Melodyne for now, or is VocAlign included in the new ARA2 Reaper functionality?

tg
ATM, the only 2 plugins that are officially ARA2 enabled are Melodyne v4.2.x (with ARA1 backward compatibility) and RevoicePro v4.x (which is ARA2 enabled only, just like Reaper v5.96)

SynchroArts FAQs state that VocAlign, which is ARA1 enabled, "may" get ARA2 in an futur update. They are evaluating whether VocAlign's current implementation is compatible with ARA2:

https://www.synchroarts.com/faq/will...-in-logic-10-4

Chuck
Old 10-04-2018, 02:13 AM   #639
ivansc

Got---to--stop--my--fingers---reaching--for--my--credit--carrrdddd....

One question: In the new version, have they implemented working on multitracked, multi-mic-ed instrument sources yet?
Old 10-04-2018, 05:21 AM   #640
azslow3

I have just opened 4.2 in rc3. It seems like it does everything I used to with Sonar (since it was long time buggy there, I have never tried to do fancy things... including tempo instruction in standalone, working with small peaces only and always rendering).

Multi-track seems like also working as expected.

Ctrl dragging an item to another track let Melodyne think it is the same and I am sure there are many other small glitches when pushing the combination hard. But I am already happy
azslow3 is offline   Reply With Quote