Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > ReaScript, JSFX, REAPER Plug-in Extensions, Developer Forum

Old 01-19-2021, 09:52 AM   #241
Dafarkias
Human being with feelings

Tried your warble plugin for the first time today and am super impressed. I jump back and forth sometimes from between both Melodyne Studio and Waves Tune because both excel at different use-cases.

I really like your nudge feature, the circular tool seems so intuitive and blends edits seamlessly as compared to melodyne's note-blob operations.

I would be happy to donate towards you working more on this script (if that would be an option for you), and there are some things I think would make this script much easier to use for someone like myself.

1. It would be cool if you could assign hotkey/modifiers to the preexisting script functions (I would love to be able to change the zoom modifiers to match my REAPER settings).

2. A curve/rotation tool would be very handy, too, I think:

3. It would be really great if you could incorporate a feature like Melodyne's pitch modulation tool:

Support my feature request!

Last edited by Dafarkias; 01-19-2021 at 10:05 AM.
Dafarkias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2021, 06:38 PM   #242
rstockm

Hi Geraint,

I just wanted to say: thank you. I tested maybe 8 different limiter FX for the purpose of a soft, nice-sounding limiter for podcast mastering. Your soft limiter blew all of them out of the water. By some margin.
It's now my official "best-of-breed" voice limiter and I adopted it for my -16 LUFS podcast mastering chain.

Great job on this.
rstockm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 04:13 PM   #243
daniellumertz

I think Geraint Vibrato is broken in the new versions.... or something is really strange, it doesn't change nothing here
daniellumertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 12:40 AM   #244
geraintluff

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniellumertz View Post
I think Geraint Vibrato is broken in the new versions.... or something is really strange, it doesn't change nothing here
That's odd. Are you feeding it MIDI notes? Did it work with a previous REAPER version, but now it's stopped?
Old 04-14-2021, 10:13 AM   #245
daniellumertz

Quote:
Originally Posted by geraintluff View Post
That's odd. Are you feeding it MIDI notes? Did it work with a previous REAPER version, but now it's stopped?
ah, sorry to bother you. My mistake, I was using with some VSTi that sended the midi after it, and was working. Now I was testing with one that didn`t, and forgot about it. My mistake, srry!
daniellumertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 10:38 AM   #246
cymbals

Hey, is it possible to save the reference eq's in a future revision? I was going to do a video tutorial, and realized this is really the only main difference between this and Izotope's Match Eq. It is really handy to just load up a preset, and then only sample the destination.
cymbals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2021, 07:53 AM   #247
geraintluff

Quote:
Originally Posted by cymbals View Post
Hey, is it possible to save the reference eq's in a future revision? I was going to do a video tutorial, and realized this is really the only main difference between this and Izotope's Match Eq. It is really handy to just load up a preset, and then only sample the destination.
Sorry for missing this - the reference spectrum should be stored if you save a preset. Is that not working for you, or have I misunderstood what you want?
Old 08-26-2021, 01:49 PM   #248
Dafarkias

I'd really love to see your pitch "Warble" tool further advanced, I really think you're underselling the functionality of that plugin!

Imo, it has tons of potential. With a few (relatively?) minor changes, I would likely use it in place of Melodyne...

I'm sure you're busy, but maybe give it a thought?

To be fair, I would love the opportunity to replace Melodyne with non-commercialized software. I'm a firm believer that with some/many commercial softwares these days you are mostly paying the high-ticket price for the fancy GUI, and the software quite often comes riddled with bugs. Much better to invest in people passionate about results than flashy overpriced products. REAPER vs Protools is probably a good example of this phenomenon.

Support my feature request!

Last edited by Dafarkias; 08-26-2021 at 01:54 PM.
Dafarkias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2021, 07:36 AM   #249
geraintluff

Default Vocoder

It's been a while, but I just added a new effect: Vocoder! Nothing fancy, but I think it sounds good.

There was a discussion elsewhere about vocoders, and I wasn't very impressed by ReaVocode, so decided to have a go. (audio demo)

(Oops, I got "carrier" and "message" the wrong way around in the description - I'll fix that later...)

Last edited by geraintluff; 12-14-2021 at 08:10 AM.
geraintluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2021, 02:06 PM   #250
vitalker

Must be really nice as all of your plugins.
vitalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2021, 07:15 PM   #251
TonE

Dear Geraint, I am not a vocoder expert at all, but this sounds to my ears very musical, pleasant. And I did not play around at all yet, took a patch from a track template with a Synth1 patch I liked from the past (9: Brass magnetic from Arts Institue vol 1, sound bank), as vocals I just some example file from some TTS demos I had on my harddisk. Just for testing. Playing on the keys, nice! No, wonderful! Thanks a lot Geraint.

Maybe some vocoder experts can give better comparisons / opinions to other "authentic vocoder products".
TonE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2021, 09:53 AM   #252
geraintluff

I've updated Vocoder to 1.0.1: using a Kaiser window instead of Hann (slight sound improvement), and a bugfix that affected the GUI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonE View Post
this sounds to my ears very musical, pleasant.
Thanks! It's FFT-based, which does mean some latency, but it's fairly simple and I like the sound.

The code is based on my STFT Template, modified to have two (stereo) inputs instead of just one, and also not be limited to power-of-2 sizes. As with many STFT effects, the main logic is pretty short, but it's surrounded by a bit of plumbing.

Last edited by geraintluff; 12-19-2021 at 10:48 AM.
geraintluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2021, 02:34 PM   #253
PMan

@geraintluff:

Man! I like your FX a lot, but I listened to your music last night, and I *really* enjoyed it!

Please keep doing what you do!
PMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2021, 04:23 PM   #254
Fabian

Quote:
Originally Posted by geraintluff View Post
I've updated Vocoder to 1.0.1: using a Kaiser window instead of Hann (slight sound improvement), and a bugfix that affected the GUI.
I just installed v1.0.1 and I get an error message, saying:
Code:
@gfx:254. control_dial needs 4 params: value = control_dial(value, low <!>, high, bias, default)
Looking at line 254, it says exactly that:
Code:
value = control_dial(value, low, high, bias, default);
I have no problem running other of your plugins, like Smooth Limiter (that I use a lot)
Old 01-19-2022, 03:03 PM   #255
X-Raym

Your MIDI gate is shown briefly at 7:46 in this Joey Sturgis video :P https://youtu.be/ss4I4-52TZk
X-Raym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2022, 02:54 PM   #256
micwalt

Hey there.
I installed, but when I tried to load up the spectrum matcher, I got the following error:
'ui-lib.jsfx-inc' error in init 'Around line 38 'ulx_default_fontface = "Arial";"

Eek!
micwalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2022, 08:54 AM   #257
gapalil001

Thank You a lot! i am literally can't live fine without your alignment delay! there is nothing "to go" alternatives (and don't actually needs)! no way!
gapalil001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2022, 02:10 AM   #258
BenjyO

Geraint, you're a hero. These effects are truly amazing. I use the Spectrum matcher on almost every mix. Sometimes for analysis only and sometimes for actual correction/matching. Just discovered the Stereo Alignment Delay and I look forward to using it. Thank you.
Old 05-20-2022, 02:37 AM   #259
BenjyO

Default Piano Display color

I have a question regarding the Piano Display effect.
There's multiple colors displayed in the picture on your website:

I only get pink notes. Tried switching some notes to different MIDI channels but it didn't work. So, is the screenshot on your website from a different version of the effect or is there a way to enable multi-color notes?

Edit: Just found out that when I'm playing back a MIDI item recorded/drawn in Reaper, the colors are indeed only pink, but when I play on a connected MIDI controller and monitor that input through Piano Display, the colors are different like on the image above.

Last edited by BenjyO; 05-20-2022 at 05:04 AM.
BenjyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2022, 11:06 AM   #260
D-Reaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by pingosimon View Post
Yeah, there it is! thanks so much!

For anyone else reading, here's "Piano Display Small"
If it is not too complicated, which parameters have you modified for changing the size?
Just for the sake of playing with them.
Many thanks!
D-Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2022, 08:29 AM   #261
binbinhfr

I just discovered your plugins. Very nice sound. I like the verb and will try the vocoder as soon as I have a project that needs it.

BTW, did you develop the GUI library yourself ? It's so nice.
If yes, do you eventually plan to share it ? ;-)
Old 10-25-2022, 08:49 AM   #262
vitalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by binbinhfr View Post
I just discovered your plugins. Very nice sound. I like the verb and will try the vocoder as soon as I have a project that needs it.

The developer wasn't on the forum since March.
vitalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2022, 12:19 PM   #263
jack461

Quote:
Originally Posted by binbinhfr View Post
The library developped by Geraint Luff is a very nice and practical one. I used it for my big project, and have added to it some features like pads, menus, etc.

You can find the original library on https://geraintluff.github.io/jsfx-ui-lib, and I will soon (in a week or two) publish some notes about my additions in my thread https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=270821

All the best!

J. Jack.
jack461 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2022, 12:31 PM   #264
binbinhfr

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack461 View Post
You can find the original library on https://geraintluff.github.io/jsfx-ui-lib,
Thanks man ! I will follow your post too !
Old 01-20-2023, 11:26 AM   #265
daeavelwyn

Hello Geraint,

First of all, an huge thank you ! Your plugins are just amazing ! I love all of them but i'm facing some issuse with Atlantis Reverb (one of my favorites !) It's very ressource consumption (yeah, I know, it's a reverb....) and I wonder if there is a kind of tweak i could do to reduce CPU usage ?

I'm on reaper 6.73 windows 10 19044 on a core i7-3770k 32Go of RAM and my soundcard is a RME babyface set at 512spl (11ms).
daeavelwyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2023, 09:20 PM   #266
boolin

hello geraint and threadlookers.

geraint, i regularly make use of your tools. they offer exceptional control, endless creative possibilities, and they sound great! thank you for having built (and shared them.

so, i was fooling around with the piano display and i had an idea about it.

would it be possible to draw the notes in the opposite direction, such that they play, as they touch the bottom of the display window. pretty much the opposite of what it does now.

the display would then present the music, not from the perspective of the keyboardist with the sound leaving the keyboard, but from the perspective of the operator feeding midi input to a machine.

of course, this would entail windowing considerations.

- user adjustable look-ahead window (time/bars)
- does the display scale to the window specified above or does keep a fixed (lesser) frame - are these adjustable?

i imagine learning related use cases, and you're totally free to scoff.

zero expectations. just a whacky idea that perhaps you'll fancy, should you ever decide to revisit the code.

thanks again for the awesome tools.
boolin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2023, 03:43 AM   #267
X-Raym

@boolin
It would be nice for sure, but JSFX are FX which get signal as it goes, you cant have several seconds of look ahead with it.... unless if it in fact doesnt display the track midi directly but a previous recorded pass it would have kept in memory, or data from a companion scripts which analyze track midi and push it to ram for the JSFX...

But in the end, it could make more sense to note have this as GUI but as ReaScript, would be more appropriate to get track content etc.
This is basically what my ReaTab Hero script does for guitar.

So in resume, just making it works 'the opposite way' is way more complex than it sounds, and may not even be really good in the end compared to other solutions.
Old 03-02-2023, 06:58 PM   #268
boolin

@x-raym - thank you for sharing your knowledge. it is helpful to understand that jsfx is a stream processor (ie. no lookahead)

will take a look at your ReaTab Hero script.
boolin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2023, 01:47 AM   #269
X-Raym

@boolin
Well if can have lookahead but this will introduce latency in rec if I understand correctly
https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=237986
For sure it isnt really meant for several seconds of lookahead.
Old 03-14-2023, 01:23 PM   #270
NewUser

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjyO View Post
I have a question regarding the Piano Display effect.
There's multiple colors displayed in the picture on your website:

I only get pink notes. Tried switching some notes to different MIDI channels but it didn't work. So, is the screenshot on your website from a different version of the effect or is there a way to enable multi-color notes?

Edit: Just found out that when I'm playing back a MIDI item recorded/drawn in Reaper, the colors are indeed only pink, but when I play on a connected MIDI controller and monitor that input through Piano Display, the colors are different like on the image above.
My friend helped me with adding a color based Piano Display from Geraintluff's Piano Display.

He has put in a pull request on GitHub: https://github.com/geraintluff/jsfx/pulls

It's based on "The Color of Sound Chart" by https://www.flutopedia.com/sound_color.htm

Road Map:

I'm thinking of later, editing the plugin to put the piano sideways if Geraintluff doesn't beat me to it... and the movement of the piano roll would be from either the left or right side. (if possible by jsfx)
Attached Images
File Type: gif PPPPPPP-0001-3.gif (242.3 KB, 425 views)
I used to use Cakewalk Sonar and after 21 days, 41:06:36 hours, I bought a license to Reaper DAW version 6.71 on 12/25/2022.

Last edited by NewUser; 03-14-2023 at 02:14 PM.
NewUser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2023, 01:52 PM   #271
TonE

Cool, did you see a few colored variants, in this thread?
TonE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2023, 02:19 PM   #272
NewUser

Quote:
Not really... did that before finding this thread.
I used to use Cakewalk Sonar and after 21 days, 41:06:36 hours, I bought a license to Reaper DAW version 6.71 on 12/25/2022.
Old 03-14-2023, 02:38 PM   #273
NewUser

Quote:
I looked back at the previous now... if I would have found your script modification here: https://forum.cockos.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=235 my life would have been so much better... LOL. oh well.

The only reason I searched the forums was for Geraint's post, so I could post here about the pull request.
Old 04-13-2023, 11:10 AM   #274
X-Raym

Default ReaLinks

Promoted on ReaLinks.net:

Thx for your work! 😉
Old 04-14-2023, 09:04 PM   #275
YuriOl

Thanks for the great plugins!
Is it possible to make plugins like Spectrum Matcher or Hammer And Chord also remember the size when saving the default preset?
YuriOl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2023, 01:49 AM   #276
Spookye

Default ...View note/chord ??

@geraintluff.... will it be possible to integrate the vision of the chords into "Piano Display" ?? It could be as useful as seeing the "color stripes". Thanks for your great tools....
Old 10-31-2023, 03:31 PM   #277
/AND/

Wow, I have only now discovered this. Well done! Do you have a donation link?
/AND/ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2023, 03:44 PM   #278
/AND/

BTW I tried Vocoder and Humonica, there's input into the plugins, but there's no output. Tried Humonica in the fixed mode, but nothing comes out. Is this normal? I thought fixed mode meant there's an internal sound source to harmonise/vocode on?

I guess what I'm asking is, how do I use these two plugins correctly?
/AND/ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2023, 10:47 PM   #279
PMan

I don't know about Humonica, but for the Vocoder you send audio out from a synth or sampler to inputs 1/2 of the vocoder, and send vocal (audio) to inputs 3/4. That will definitely give you vocoded output. It works really well.

I send cords from a sampled choir into inputs 1/2, and route a single voice vocal track into inputs 3/4, and it sounds great!
PMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2023, 10:59 PM   #280
bobobo

Quote:
Originally Posted by /AND/ View Post
BTW I tried Vocoder and Humonica, there's input into the plugins, but there's no output. Tried Humonica in the fixed mode, but nothing comes out. Is this normal? I thought fixed mode meant there's an internal sound source to harmonise/vocode on?

I guess what I'm asking is, how do I use these two plugins correctly?
if you have time to watch videos, geraint himself made some, here is the one for the humonica

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eTiwH886nAc

bobobo is offline   Reply With Quote