Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER for Linux

Old 05-15-2020, 08:26 AM   #1
Glennbo
Human being with feelings

Default So when are the paying customers getting LV2 support then?

Hehe, maybe three individual threads at the top of the REAPER Linux forum will make it finally happen!
Glennbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2020, 08:57 AM   #2
SmajjL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennbo View Post
. __.

SmajjL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2020, 09:31 AM   #3
Glennbo

There are several LV2 plugs I would have liked to try, but I guess it's just too complex of a programming task for Justin to figure out how to do.

Trying the reverse psychology persuasion method now. <GGG>
Old 05-15-2020, 04:31 PM   #4
Jack Winter

I don't want to speak for Justin/Cockos, but AFAIK there are some big hurdles.

For instance you can't change SR on the fly for a lv2 plugin, so REAPER would have to be redesigned to unload them and then reload them with the appropriate settings.

I can understand that they haven't done it yet! That being said, personally I think once they compiled it for Linux they accepted the challenge!

I'd be very happy to see support, not only on Linux, but also on the other OS's!

On Linux you can get a fair amount of them working with the lv2vst wrapper: https://github.com/x42/lv2vst
Reaper for Linux Documentation (WIP). Software: Archlinux/KDE, Fabfilter FX, Komplete 8, Nebula, Schwa/Stillwell, T-racks Max/Amplitube/SVX, etc. Gear: i7-2600k/4700HQ/16GB, RME Multiface/Babyface, Behringer X32, Genelec 8040, etc. :)
Jack Winter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2020, 08:32 AM   #5
Glennbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Winter View Post
I don't want to speak for Justin/Cockos, but AFAIK there are some big hurdles.

For instance you can't change SR on the fly for a lv2 plugin, so REAPER would have to be redesigned to unload them and then reload them with the appropriate settings.

I can understand that they haven't done it yet! That being said, personally I think once they compiled it for Linux they accepted the challenge!

I'd be very happy to see support, not only on Linux, but also on the other OS's!

On Linux you can get a fair amount of them working with the lv2vst wrapper: https://github.com/x42/lv2vst
I figured there was some technical aspect that made it more than just adding a hook in REAPER's code, and was really just razzing since there were already two posts here asking for LV2 support.

As for using wrappers, I already have Carla installed and it can load LV2 plugins, but the crux of the biscuit is that the only reason I would want to use LV2 plugins is because they are native Linux, and using a wrapper blows that reason up for me.
Old 05-16-2020, 10:31 AM   #6
4duhwinnn

I've yet to see an lv2 plugin present a modern preset handling system
in any linux daw. And lacking any coding knowledge, have read that
lv2 is as much of a gui coding nightmare as windows vst, I believe
mentioned in the early days of Abique porting Podolski and Zebra2
to linux.

Being an adopted child, I find the whole 'native' semantic
far less important than many linux devotees.
I value who changed my diapers, who deployed the gause and bandaids,
who taught me how to drive, and who bought me a first guitar and amp,
far more than names, titles and legalities.

I suspect unless one has access to some music-friendly
open-source native linux SOC, and the SOC chip manufacturer
produces said chip/mobo etc on manufacturing machines
also running on native linux chips, that 'native linux'
will always be a unicorn in knights armour, and that
people will shorten their life with blood-pressure raising
labeling regimens and conflicts, that divide more often
than conquer, while diverting man-hours away from the studio.

I use the best and/or most enjoyable tools I can get my
grubby hands on, and almost always in a linux environment.
Not because Torvalds and Stallman are saints, not because
Gates and Jobs are devils, but because of filesystems,
utilities, desktop management, portability,
system flexibility... being able to choose
which size nuts and bolts to use, and how tight they fit.

There, I stirred the pot a little, and the ladle is ready
for steadier hands ...winkety wink wink
Cheers
4duhwinnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2020, 12:04 PM   #7
sonnie

Quote:
I don't change my SR within a project in all the years working with audio.
It could be marked as "experimental" and with a big hint about this behaviour.

Quote:
Is it really stable? p.e. with CALF plugs?
sonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2020, 12:13 PM   #8
Glennbo

For me native Linux plugins isn't about some Linux status symbol.

It's all about efficiency of the plugins, and is the exact reason I've spent more than three times the price of REAPER to buy native Linux VST plugins for the Linux version of REAPER.

If my VST diaper needs changing, I don't want my mom to give aunt step-by-step instructions that will then be passed over to my sister to do the actual job.

Wrapped plugins, whether VST or LV2 are simply not as efficient since they are passing their data through an extra layer of code.

Last edited by Glennbo; 05-16-2020 at 12:24 PM.
Old 05-16-2020, 12:20 PM   #9
Glennbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnie View Post
I don't change my SR within a project in all the years working with audio.
It could be marked as "experimental" and with a big hint about this behaviour.
I've run REAPER at 24/44 for more than ten years and never ever changed it. Somewhere around the year 2000 when I was using Sonar I switched from 16/44 to 24/44, but even that change was not a SR change.
Old 05-16-2020, 12:32 PM   #10
SmajjL

So it is not like all of this is just, hey, it's Linux/open source, just copy this/that into your DAW and Bam! you now got LV2?

When REAPER goes out of experimental, maby this will be a commit/pushy'thing?
WiKi said there should be like 1000 plug-ins out there

Last edited by SmajjL; 05-16-2020 at 12:43 PM.
Old 05-16-2020, 03:16 PM   #11
4duhwinnn

Quote:
Wrapped plugins, whether VST or LV2 are simply not as efficient since they are passing their data through an extra layer of code.
Code is not plywood. Most people won't even notice speed differences,
and wrapper efficency keeps improving. Plus we're not
bulldozing a behemoth like win-10 or Catalina back and forth
with some bloated expensive daw.

LinuxSampler is indeed a good example of native linux efficiency.
But it's quirky, lacks dozens of how-2 video guides, and competes with industry leaders like Kontakt and SampleTank
(with their own quirkyness when used in linux) which provide
sounds, and 3rd-party sounds are myriad.

I doubt audible examples of speed lags
among wrapped or wined plugins even exist.
It's usually player skillz, hardware availability,
or poor latency configs that need help.

Diva will pummel a weak cpu, and never caring a whit about the OS.
Cheers
Old 05-16-2020, 04:05 PM   #12
Glennbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4duhwinnn View Post
I doubt audible examples of speed lags
among wrapped or wined plugins even exist.
I have projects that were created in REAPER for Windows that will not play without artifacts because of so many bridged plugins. In Windows those same projects with 100+ VST FX will play without issue running 24/44 @ 64 samples latency, but not in Linux at any buffer size because 100+ instances of bridged Windows plugins is a noticable strain.

Once I started replacing my Windows plugins with native Linux plugins, I started seeing the same kind of performance I was used to seeing on the same machine in Windows.

That said, there are still some Windows plugins like Kontakt that I use every bit as much bridged in Linux as I used them in Windows. Same for Superior Drummer. Nothing native Linux has the complexity of mic bleeds and midi control for a pad kit that Superior has.

All my audio plugins are now 100% native Linux, but for a few VSTi instruments I still used bridged Windows plugins.
Old 05-16-2020, 04:50 PM   #13
JamesPeters

@4duhwinnn:

I like to have a system that's less likely to have something that I rely upon suddenly not work or just generally be less predictable. That's why I'm currently not using bridging of any kind. I'm not saying bridging should inherently be considered unreliable, but it is one more layer in which possible issues can arise. Factor into that how the various Linux distros are maintained (including dependencies), and that the bridging for LV2 is done by third party developers on a volunteer (or donation-based) basis.

If you think I'm just too picky about this: you might notice a distinct lack of my posts about issues with my audio driver since I use ALSA and not Jack. Adding Jack into the equation means another layer to consider when something doesn't work quite right (ahem ), and I've seen enough posts about it here and on Linuxmusicians to know if I don't need Jack, I'll just skip it. (I don't want to connect a bunch of other audio apps to Reaper, so for the most part I don't use Jack.) Jack is very good, but it means you have to be ready to deal with whatever it requires to work. This is Linux after all, so configuration of the system can be confusing and documentation is fragmented. I also see bad advice given on a regular basis about configuring audio systems in Linux, some of which dates back to previous kernels and just isn't necessary anymore and some of which is just wrong (and/or doesn't take all the variables into consideration).

If LV2 becomes natively supported in Reaper, I'll use it. If not, I probably won't. That's not an ultimatum either. I'd be happy to get LV2 support in Reaper, but I can live without it too.

Last edited by JamesPeters; 05-16-2020 at 05:04 PM.
JamesPeters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 10:06 AM   #14
4duhwinnn

Quote:
I have projects that were created in REAPER for Windows that will not play without artifacts because of so many bridged plugins. In Windows those same projects with 100+ VST FX will play without issue running 24/44 @ 64 samples latency, but not in Linux at any buffer size because 100+ instances of bridged Windows plugins is a noticable strain.

Once I started replacing my Windows plugins with native Linux plugins, I started seeing the same kind of performance I was used to seeing on the same machine in Windows.

That said, there are still some Windows plugins like Kontakt that I use every bit as much bridged in Linux as I used them in Windows. Same for Superior Drummer. Nothing native Linux has the complexity of mic bleeds and midi control for a pad kit that Superior has.

All my audio plugins are now 100% native Linux, but for a few VSTi instruments I still used bridged Windows plugins.
In my paltry defence, I did use the phrase 'most people',
and I suspect there are less than a dozen people here who often use
100 vsts in a project. (happy to be wrong, though!)

To your credit, you actually make music,
and without making 'forum noise', and present your experiences
often and clearly, to help those of us in different studio situations/workflows. Bravo!

I should add that your success using Kontakt motivated me
to gain that capability, now enjoying many unique sounds
available in that format. I've replaced Hydrogen samples
with NI samples at times, and renamed the kits. Hoping their
Balinese Gamelan or a competing lib will go on sale someday!

I've a thinner wallet and tighter budget,
but enjoy the wider sonic palette!
Cheers
Old 05-17-2020, 10:34 AM   #15
Glennbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4duhwinnn View Post
In my paltry defence, I did use the phrase 'most people',
Hehe, yeah I guess that ain't me.

Quote:
and I suspect there are less than a dozen people here who often use
100 vsts in a project. (happy to be wrong, though!)
I only have a few projects that have that heavy of a load, but it is very normal for me to have 50-60 VSTs in any project.

Quote:
To your credit, you actually make music,
and without making 'forum noise', and present your experiences
often and clearly, to help those of us in different studio situations/workflows. Bravo!

I should add that your success using Kontakt motivated me
to gain that capability, now enjoying many unique sounds
available in that format. I've replaced Hydrogen samples
with NI samples at times, and renamed the kits. Hoping their
Balinese Gamelan or a competing lib will go on sale someday!
Kontakt has worked great on Xubuntu/WINE for over a year now on my machine, and is the primary Windows plugin I do not want to be without. More of my projects use Kontakt than not, but it is always in addition to other real parts, so it's not trying to be all instruments for me.

Since I've gone 100% native Linux on all my audio plugins though, I could work Kontakt a lot harder than I do, and even have a bunch of other Windows instrument VSTi's running at the same time without noticing any drag. It really only shows up when you are bridging a boatload of Windows plugins.

Quote:
I've a thinner wallet and tighter budget,
but enjoy the wider sonic palette!
Cheers
I know that feeling, plus I'm a cheapskate FIRE guy who hates letting money go. That said, replacing the Windows plugin PSP Vintage Warmer with U-he's native Linux Presswerk was the best $140 US I've spent since going Linux.
Old 05-17-2020, 10:45 AM   #16
SmajjL

I think Linux is whiping the Llamas ass it is not about coins or Lamborghini's.. i - Love - Linux! as an OS/community *read my lips* my own choice and i think Linux loves me! *did i just say that?*

Linux is my happy/smiley place now, so much to explore, i have no real issues with Windows10 really *speaking for myself* i simply enjoy the world of Linux and enjoy the rewards of, *Shit! i just learned something, it wooorks, its aliiIiive!

I will never be bored again!!

Last edited by SmajjL; 05-17-2020 at 10:59 AM.
Old 05-20-2020, 11:15 PM   #17
osxmidi

As far as I can make out,

The wrapper does do GUI's https://github.com/x42/lv2vst, the MVerb lv2 shows a gui for example,

but, lv2 plugins can use different toolkits, gtk, qt etc.

By default only X11 is enabled in the wrapper, so only X11 based lv2's will possibly work.

Calf and Guitarix seem to use Gtk 2.

The supported GUI lv2's have a ui:X11UI in their tll files (in the lv2's folder).

A few Guitarix based plugins have been made for X11 and their GUI will probably work with the wrapper

https://github.com/brummer10/GxValveCaster.lv2

https://github.com/brummer10/GxCreamMachine.lv2

Guitarix lv2's will probably be converted to X11 https://linuxmusicians.com/viewtopic.php?t=19856 but Calf probably won't.

Last edited by osxmidi; 05-21-2020 at 01:09 AM.
osxmidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 07:08 PM   #18
s wave

When I want to use CALF plugins - I just go to Audacity (as secondary editor... apply them right back into Reaper... works fine. here is a good link for lv2 also https://wiki.linuxaudio.org/apps/all/lv2
s wave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 10:02 PM   #19
Glennbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by s wave View Post
When I want to use CALF plugins - I just go to Audacity (as secondary editor... apply them right back into Reaper... works fine.
This kinda sounds like a kludge, but then REAPER users running Linux are second class citizens.
Old 05-24-2020, 07:55 PM   #20
osxmidi

In the past, quite a lot of lv2 (and some vst) Linux plugins used gtk.

gtk is the worst for compatibility with hosts.

Even if Reaper had native lv2 support, there is still the gtk incompatibilities problem.

It's a toolkit problem, not a plugin problem.

Ideally, Calf should hopefully convert their plugins from gtk to X11, and Guitarix might do it soon.

They know that there are gtk incompatibilities with some daws.

To convert plugins from gtk to X11 is not an easy thing.

The lv2 (wrapped) gtk plugins (or even gtk vst plugins) have trouble with Bitwig Tracktion/Waveform and Reaper and Ardour and others are ok but maybe not always.

I have had the wrapped Calf and Guitarix lv2 plugins running as vst's with GUI's in Ardour but that can't be done with Reaper because of gtk (It's pretty useless wrapping lv2's as vst's in Ardour but I wanted to see how the gtk enabled modded version (that I did) of the lv2 to vst wrapper performed and it was very good with Calf and Guitarix plugins from what I could tell and had working GUI's)

The lsp plugins started out as gtk but the dev converted them to X11 because of the gtk incompatibilities.

Guitarix https://linuxmusicians.com/viewtopic...19856&start=15 has partly been converted to X11 https://github.com/brummer10/GxPlugins.lv2 and they will probably work (I havn't tested them) and show GUI's using the lv2 to vst2 wrapper.

(git clone --recursive https://github.com/brummer10/GxPlugins.lv)

There is also vst3 that Linux plugin developers can convert to.

Carla runs lv2's in it's own way but directly running gtk based lv2's in a daw or even with the lv2 to vst wrapper will probably cause problems.

Last edited by osxmidi; 05-25-2020 at 01:17 AM.
Old 05-25-2020, 05:00 AM   #21
sonnie

Quote:
Originally Posted by osxmidi View Post
Ideally, Calf should hopefully convert their plugins from gtk to X11, and Guitarix might do it soon.
They should knwo, there is a need for a convertion.
The CALF team would not go for VST, because its not OS.
Old 05-25-2020, 09:34 PM   #22
osxmidi

I built the latest Guitarix lv2 plugins from the Guitarix github page https://github.com/brummer10/guitarix and the lv2 plugins that I tested support X11 and work with GUI's in Reaper with the lv2vst wrapper https://github.com/x42/lv2vst

The current Debian (and maybe other distros) packaged Guitarix lv2 plugins are still gtk, so they won't work.

Last edited by osxmidi; 05-25-2020 at 09:41 PM.
Old 05-26-2020, 07:34 PM   #23
osxmidi

So, the Guitarix lv2 plugins have been ported to X11 and the lv2vst wrapper can run them with GUI's.

The Gtk lv2 plugins like Calf, one way is for them to be run in another process and then their GUI can be embedded into Reaper and I've got Calf plugins running in that way using a modified lv2vst wrapper and a Linux only version of LinVst (no Wine involved).

So, at the moment I can run Guitarix and Calf lv2 plugins with GUI's in Reaper, just like any other Linux vst plugin would.
Old 05-26-2020, 11:30 PM   #24
Tobbe

Quote:
So, the Guitarix lv2 plugins have been ported to X11 and the lv2vst wrapper can run them with GUI's.

The Gtk lv2 plugins like Calf, one way is for them to be run in another process and then their GUI can be embedded into Reaper and I've got Calf plugins running in that way using a modified lv2vst wrapper and a Linux only version of LinVst (no Wine involved).

So, at the moment I can run Guitarix and Calf lv2 plugins with GUI's in Reaper, just like any other Linux vst plugin would.
Sounds amazing. I really like Calf Plugins. Is everything showing...some plugins have graph in them and they are gone when you use Carla.

Any guide how to install this?
Old 05-27-2020, 12:41 AM   #25
osxmidi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobbe View Post
Sounds amazing. I really like Calf Plugins. Is everything showing...some plugins have graph in them and they are gone when you use Carla.

Any guide how to install this?
Seems ok, but it's not finished.

When it's finished I might put it up at my Github page.

Performance seems ok.

An image of Calf Flanger running in Reaper below.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Calf2.jpg (39.4 KB, 473 views)
Old 05-27-2020, 09:31 AM   #26
Tobbe

Quote:
Seems ok, but it's not finished.

When it's finished I might put it up at my Github page.

Performance seems ok.

An image of Calf Flanger running in Reaper below.
Looking good.
Old 06-02-2020, 03:53 AM   #27
sonnie

Anyone knows anyone the CALF devs? Wouldn't they do VSTs since the SDK is open?
Old 01-11-2021, 04:36 PM   #28
pipelineaudio
Mortal

well well well!
pipelineaudio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 08:07 PM   #29
s wave

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmajjL View Post
I think Linux is whiping the Llamas ass it is not about coins or Lamborghini's.. i - Love - Linux! as an OS/community *read my lips* my own choice and i think Linux loves me! *did i just say that?*

Linux is my happy/smiley place now, so much to explore, i have no real issues with Windows10 really *speaking for myself* i simply enjoy the world of Linux and enjoy the rewards of, *Shit! i just learned something, it wooorks, its aliiIiive!

I will never be bored again!!
There has been a few winxpwin13 etc released on the net... looks cool - they should have stayed with that from the git go...
s wave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 12:12 PM   #30
Xasman

Default LV2 support is here...

When? Well, imminently, it seems :

https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=248408
Xasman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 01:06 PM   #31
Glennbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xasman View Post
When? Well, imminently, it seems :

https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=248408
Holy Forking Shirt!!!
Old 01-23-2021, 02:23 PM   #32
FeedTheCat

Jeez Glennbo, how much did you pay? On a serious note, this is great news. Trying it out asap.
Old 01-23-2021, 03:25 PM   #33
Glennbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeedTheCat View Post
Jeez Glennbo, how much did you pay? On a serious note, this is great news. Trying it out asap.
Evidently I paid the right amount!

There are some cool LV2 plugins in the x42 bundle I installed with Synaptic.
Old 01-23-2021, 04:02 PM   #34
Mikobuntu

Quote:
Originally Posted by s wave View Post
When I want to use CALF plugins - I just go to Audacity (as secondary editor... apply them right back into Reaper... works fine. here is a good link for lv2 also https://wiki.linuxaudio.org/apps/all/lv2
I've tried this method using Audacity as the external Audio editor in Reaper, the only downfall is that we can't try for example a filter sweep in realtime within Audacity.

Note I do use Carla and Lv2vst when I really want to use a LV2 in Reaper or Bitwig etc.

Obviously native LV2 support would be a nice addition.
Mikobuntu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 04:06 PM   #35
Mikobuntu

.... What I just noticed LV2 support in the latest RC as I replied to an earlier post without reading the whole way to the bottom of this thread.... downloading now

//EDIT Ok Downloaded, !st few tests I'm have a few bugs and don't seem to be getting any audio actually passing through the 2 LV2 plugins I've tried so far.

I will keep testing this and report back to the appropriate thread... EDIT//

Last edited by Mikobuntu; 01-23-2021 at 04:22 PM.
Old 01-23-2021, 05:00 PM   #36
Mikobuntu

Here's the output of lv2ls ( lilv-utils package )

as you can see I have quite a few LV2 Plugins.

PitchedDelay
3 Band EQ
3 Band Splitter
Kars
MVerb
MaBitcrush
MaFreeverb
MaGigaverb
MaPitchshift
Nekobi
Ping Pong Pan
glBars
ADSR Envelope
Retriggerable ADSR Envelope
Amplifier
Branch
Retriggerable DAHDSR Envelope
Difference
Frequency Modulator
Control to CV Interpolator
4 Pole Resonant Low-Pass
Product
Pulse
Quantiser (100 Steps)
Quantiser (20 Steps)
Quantiser (50 Steps)
Random Wave
Ratio
Sawtooth
16 Step Sequencer
32 Step Sequencer
64 Step Sequencer
Square
Sum
Clock Pulse
Clock Square
Tracker
Triangle
Auto-wah
CS Chorus 1
CS Chorus 2
CS Phaser 1
CS Phaser 1 with LFO
Moog High-Pass Filter 1
Moog Low-Pass Filter 1
Moog Low-Pass Filter 2
Moog Low-Pass Filter 3
Moog Low-Pass Filter 4
4-Band Parametric Filter
Pulse VCO
Rec VCO
reverb
reverb-amb
Saw VCO
Triple chorus
MDA Ambience
MDA Bandisto
MDA BeatBox
MDA Combo
MDA DX10
MDA De-ess
MDA Degrade
MDA Delay
MDA Detune
MDA Dither
MDA DubDelay
MDA Dynamics
MDA ePiano
MDA Image
MDA JX10
MDA Leslie
MDA Limiter
MDA Loudness
MDA MultiBand
MDA Overdrive
MDA Piano
MDA RePsycho!
MDA RezFilter
MDA RingMod
MDA RoundPan
MDA Shepard
MDA Splitter
MDA Stereo
MDA SubSynth
MDA TalkBox
MDA TestTone
MDA ThruZero
MDA Tracker
MDA Transient
MDA VocInput
MDA Vocoder
Stereo Balance Control
Control Port Exponential
Control Invert
Control Linear Scale
Control Low Pass
Control Port Logarithm
LV2 Convolution Mono
LV2 Convolution Mono=>Stereo
LV2 Convolution Stereo
x42-comp - Dynamic Compressor Mono
x42-comp - Dynamic Compressor Stereo
x42-dpl - Digital Peak Limiter Mono
x42-dpl - Digital Peak Limiter Stereo
x42-Autotune
x42-Autotune (microtonal)
x42-eq - Parametric Equalizer Mono
x42-eq - Parametric Equalizer Stereo
Matrix Mixer 8x8
BBC M-6
BBC Meter (Mono)
BBC Meter (Stereo)
Stereo Phase-Correlation Meter
DIN Meter (Mono)
DIN Meter (Stereo)
EBU Meter (Mono)
EBU R128 Meter
EBU Meter (Stereo)
K12/RMS Meter (Mono)
K12/RMS Meter (Stereo)
K14/RMS Meter (Mono)
K14/RMS Meter (Stereo)
K20/RMS Meter (Mono)
K20/RMS Meter (Stereo)
Nordic Meter (Mono)
Nordic Meter (Stereo)
Signal Distribution Histogram
True-Peak and RMS Meter (Mono)
True-Peak and RMS Meter (Stereo)
VU Meter (Mono)
VU Meter (Stereo)
Bit Meter
True-Peak Meter (Mono)
True-Peak Meter (Stereo)
DR-14 - Crest Factor Loudness Range Meter (Mono)
DR-14 - Crest Factor Loudness Range Meter (Stereo)
Stereo Phase Scope
Phase/Frequency Wheel
1/3 Octave Spectrum Display Mono
1/3 Octave Spectrum Display Stereo
Stereo/Frequency Scope
Surround Level 3
Surround Level 4
Surround Level 5
Surround Level 8
MIDI Event Generator
MIDI CC to Note
MIDI Channel Filter
MIDI Channel Map
MIDI Choke
MIDI Enforce Scale
MIDI Event Filter
MIDI Key-Range Filter
MIDI Keysplit
MIDI CC Map
MIDI Note/Channel Map
MIDI Note Transpose
MIDI Chord
MIDI Delayline
MIDI Channel Unisono
MIDI Strum
MIDI Chromatic Transpose
MIDI Monophonic Legato
MIDI Remove Active Sensing
MIDI Duplicate Blocker
MIDI Note to CC
MIDI Note Toggle
MIDI N-Tap Delay
MIDI Simple Channel Filter
MIDI Thru
MIDI Quantization
MIDI Velocity Randomization
MIDI Scale CC Value
MIDI Sostenuto
MIDI Velocity Gamma
MIDI Velocity-Range Filter
MIDI Velocity Adjust
MIDI Generator
Midi Event Map
Mixer'n'Trigger
No Delay Line
Micro Delay Line
Onset Trigger - Bassdrum Detection Mono
Onset Trigger - Bassdrum Detection Stereo
Simple Scope (3 channel)
Simple Scope (4 channel)
Simple Scope (Mono)
Simple Scope (Stereo)
Spectr
MIDI Step Sequencer16x8
MIDI Step Sequencer32x8
MIDI Step Sequencer8x8
Stereo Routing
Test Signal Generator
x42 Instrument Tuner
x42 Instrument Tuner[Spectrum]
Stereo DJ X-Fade
Beat Repeater - Mono
Beat Repeater - Stereo
Beat Slicer - Mono
Beat Slicer - Stereo
Vocoder
Noize Mak3r
Tal-Vocoder-II
Audio File
Audio Gain (Mono)
Audio Gain (Stereo)
Big Meter
Carla-Patchbay
Carla-Patchbay (16chan)
Carla-Patchbay (32chan)
Carla-Patchbay (sidechain)
Carla-Patchbay (64chan)
Carla-Patchbay (CV)
Carla-Rack
LFO
MIDI Channel A/B
MIDI Channel Filter
MIDI Channelize
MIDI File
MIDI Gain
MIDI Join
MIDI Pattern
MIDI Split
MIDI Transpose
LSP Artistic Delay Mono
LSP Artistic Delay Stereo
LSP Delay Compensator Mono
LSP Delay Compensator Stereo
LSP Delay Compensator x2 Stereo
LSP Compressor LeftRight
LSP Compressor Mono
LSP Compressor MidSide
LSP Compressor Stereo
LSP Crossover LeftRight x8
LSP Crossover Mono x8
LSP Crossover MidSide x8
LSP Crossover Stereo x8
LSP Dynamic Processor LeftRight
LSP Dynamic Processor Mono
LSP Dynamic Processor MidSide
LSP Dynamic Processor Stereo
LSP Expander LeftRight
LSP Expander Mono
LSP Expander MidSide
LSP Expander Stereo
LSP Gate LeftRight
LSP Gate Mono
LSP Gate MidSide
LSP Gate Stereo
LSP Graphic Equalizer x16 LeftRight
LSP Graphic Equalizer x16 Mono
LSP Graphic Equalizer x16 MidSide
LSP Graphic Equalizer x16 Stereo
LSP Graphic Equalizer x32 LeftRight
LSP Graphic Equalizer x32 Mono
LSP Graphic Equalizer x32 MidSide
LSP Graphic Equalizer x32 Stereo
LSP Impulse Responses Mono
LSP Impulse Responses Stereo
LSP Impulse Reverb Mono
LSP Impulse Reverb Stereo
LSP Latency Meter
LSP Limiter Mono
LSP Limiter Stereo
LSP Loudness Compensator Mono
LSP Loudness Compensator Stereo
LSP Multiband Compressor LeftRight x8
LSP Multiband Compressor Mono x8
LSP Multiband Compressor MidSide x8
LSP Multiband Compressor Stereo x8
LSP Multiband Expander LeftRight x8
LSP Multiband Expander Mono x8
LSP Multiband Expander MidSide x8
LSP Multiband Expander Stereo x8
LSP Multiband Gate LeftRight x8
LSP Multiband Gate Mono x8
LSP Multiband Gate MidSide x8
LSP Multiband Gate Stereo x8
LSP Multi-Sampler x12 Stereo
LSP Multi-Sampler x12 DirectOut
LSP Multi-Sampler x24 Stereo
LSP Multi-Sampler x24 DirectOut
LSP Multi-Sampler x48 Stereo
LSP Multi-Sampler x48 DirectOut
LSP Oscillator Mono
LSP Parametric Equalizer x16 LeftRight
LSP Parametric Equalizer x16 Mono
LSP Parametric Equalizer x16 MidSide
LSP Parametric Equalizer x16 Stereo
LSP Parametric Equalizer x32 LeftRight
LSP Parametric Equalizer x32 Mono
LSP Parametric Equalizer x32 MidSide
LSP Parametric Equalizer x32 Stereo
LSP Phase Detector
LSP Profiler Mono
LSP Profiler Stereo
LSP Room Builder Mono
LSP Room Builder Stereo
LSP Sampler Mono
LSP Sampler Stereo
LSP Sidechain Compressor LeftRight
LSP Sidechain Compressor Mono
LSP Sidechain Compressor MidSide
LSP Sidechain Compressor Stereo
LSP Sidechain Dynamic Processor LeftRight
LSP Sidechain Dynamic Processor Mono
LSP Sidechain Dynamic Processor MidSide
LSP Sidechain Dynamic Processor Stereo
LSP Sidechain Expander LeftRight
LSP Sidechain Expander Mono
LSP Sidechain Expander MidSide
LSP Sidechain Expander Stereo
LSP Sidechain Gate LeftRight
LSP Sidechain Gate Mono
LSP Sidechain Gate MidSide
LSP Sidechain Gate Stereo
LSP Sidechain Limiter Mono
LSP Sidechain Limiter Stereo
LSP Sidechain Multiband Compressor LeftRight x8
LSP Sidechain Multiband Compressor Mono x8
LSP Sidechain Multiband Compressor MidSide x8
LSP Sidechain Multiband Compressor Stereo x8
LSP Sidechain Multiband Expander LeftRight x8
LSP Sidechain Multiband Expander Mono x8
LSP Sidechain Multiband Expander MidSide x8
LSP Sidechain Multiband Expander Stereo x8
LSP Sidechain Multiband Gate LeftRight x8
LSP Sidechain Multiband Gate Mono x8
LSP Sidechain Multiband Gate MidSide x8
LSP Sidechain Multiband Gate Stereo x8
LSP Slapback Delay Mono
LSP Slapback Delay Stereo
LSP Spectrum Analyzer x1
LSP Spectrum Analyzer x12
LSP Spectrum Analyzer x16
LSP Spectrum Analyzer x2
LSP Spectrum Analyzer x4
LSP Spectrum Analyzer x8
LSP Surge Filter Mono
LSP Surge Filter Stereo
LSP Trigger MIDI Mono
LSP Trigger MIDI Stereo
LSP Trigger Mono
LSP Trigger Stereo
TAP AutoPanner
TAP Chorus/Flanger
TAP DeEsser
TAP Fractal Doubler
TAP Mono Dynamics
TAP Stereo Dynamics
TAP Stereo Echo
TAP Equalizer
TAP Equalizer/BW
TAP Scaling Limiter
TAP Pink/Fractal Noise
TAP Pitch Shifter
TAP Reflector
TAP Reverberator
TAP Rotary Speaker
TAP Sigmoid Booster
TAP Tremolo
TAP Tubewarmth
TAP Vibrato
Helm
Vital
Rubberband (Mono)
Rubberband (Stereo)
Amplitude Imposer
Cycle Shifter
Soul Force
Sorcer
ZynAddSubFX
ZynAlienWah
ZynChorus
ZynDistortion
ZynDynamicFilter
ZynEcho
ZynPhaser
ZynReverb
Temper
ADLplug
OPNplug
Regrader
Dragonfly Hall Reverb
Harmless
Larynx
Modulay
Shiroverb
Wolf Shaper
Wolf Spectrum
Surge
B.Harvestr
B.Noname01
B.Oops
Odin2
ZChordz
ZCompressorSP
ZLFO
ZLimiterSP
ZPhaserSP
ZSaw
ZVerbSP
Dragonfly Early Reflections
Dragonfly Plate Reverb
Dragonfly Room Reverb
Tal-Dub-3
Tal-Filter
Tal-Filter-2
Tal-Reverb
Tal-Reverb-II
Tal-Reverb-III
ZaMaximX2
ZaMultiComp
ZaMultiCompX2
ZamAutoSat
ZamComp
ZamCompX2
ZamDelay
ZamDynamicEQ
ZamEQ2
ZamGEQ31
ZamGate
ZamGateX2
ZamGrains
ZamHeadX2
ZamPhono
ZamTube
ZamVerb

And I think this isn't including my .LV2 path as I see a few missing./// scrap that last comment lv2ls did search my .lv2 path, I'd just forgot the actual plugin names....///

Last edited by Mikobuntu; 01-23-2021 at 05:48 PM.
Old 01-23-2021, 05:19 PM   #37
Glennbo

So far I've had success with the x42, Zam, and the DISTRHO plugins. Most of those seem to work, but the Calf plugs instantly vaporize REAPER.
Old 01-24-2021, 08:23 AM   #38
jjcale_guitar

Just tested 6.21 with lv2 too. Made backups on all projects, they needed some cleaning anyway.

Up until now I've used lv2vst and it made Reaper register lv2 plugins as VST. So now when I open an old project Reaper says plugins are missing. It's logical, so I just need to replace them with the correct lv2 or lv2i one.

Oops, Guitarix plugins seems to crash Reaper! Will look into it...

EDIT: compiled the newest Guitarix and installed in $HOME/.lv2 got this error ,essage when trying to add a gx plugin:

"1_: unsupported feature 'http://lv2plug.in/ns/extensions/ui#makeResident'
Segmentationfault"

Last edited by jjcale_guitar; 01-24-2021 at 08:57 AM.
jjcale_guitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 04:13 PM   #39
PMan

Default GeonKick

I'll be posting in the pre-release forum as well, but there is a plugin that I haven't done much with because it's LV2-only, and that is GeonKick https://github.com/iurie-sw/geonkick Pre-compiled binaries at KX Studios: https://kx.studio/Repositories:Plugins

As others have said, Calf plugins crash Reaper, but Geonkick does not. It's a great drum synth (for those who wish to program electronic drums sounds).

It is really flexible.

Last edited by PMan; 01-24-2021 at 09:21 PM.
PMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 12:18 AM   #40
porzione

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMan View Post
I'll be posting in the pre-release forum as well, but there is a plugin that I haven't done much with because it's LV2-only, and that is GeonKick https://github.com/iurie-sw/geonkick Pre-compiled binaries at KX Studios: https://kx.studio/Repositories:Plugins

As others have said, Calf plugins crash Reaper, but Geonkick does not. It's a great drum synth (for those who wish to program electronic drums sounds).

It is really flexible.
Geonkick is working for me in Arch, no issues at all. It is the only LV2 plugin I really missed with Reaper.
porzione is offline   Reply With Quote