Old 08-03-2023, 04:53 AM   #761
Geoff Waddington
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by themixtape View Post
Also.... I saw this in your video-- when you add new tracks... it does lag quite a bit, and sometimes if you add like 5 at once (CTRL+T, quickly)... Reaper will completely crash to desktop.

How do I avoid issues with this? I can't remember what the solution was... if any. Thanks man!
Hmmm...

You should never get a crash, very slow behaviour, but never a crash.

Don't know if this is a matter of the EuCon software itself or something I have control over.
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2023, 11:07 AM   #762
oval

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Waddington View Post
Hmmm...

Don't know if this is a matter of the EuCon software itself or something I have control over.

Hi,in my setup Reaper crashes when running Eucontrol 2023.6.
2022.12.1 works great.
Mac osx Ventura latest version, Artist mix, Euphonix mc control and Avid control iPad.

Olav
oval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2023, 02:34 PM   #763
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Originally Posted by oval View Post
Hi,in my setup Reaper crashes when running Eucontrol 2023.6.
2022.12.1 works great.
Mac osx Ventura latest version, Artist mix, Euphonix mc control and Avid control iPad.

Olav
I run 2022.12.1 on Ventura 13.5 here as well, seems the most stable.
Old 08-04-2023, 10:20 PM   #764
themixtape

Quote:
Hmmm...

Odd. Yeah sometimes it just literally CTD (crash to desktop). It just did it again when I was testing my Euphonix MC Transport. I should note-- Windows 7, 64-bit. Same thing happens when testing it on Windows 10. Not always, but sometimes. The most recent crash happened when I went into the Control Surfaces are of Preferences, and chose EuCon again. Just re-setting it to that, boom. Bye, Reaper. Everything was fine when firing up Reaper again.

All that said...

Am I correct in assuming the jog wheel does nothing at all?

Numpad seems decently useful with moving items, nudging, zooming, etc. Jogwheel and the shuttle thing around it... nothin'. Transport seems ok (the half moon around the jogwheel).

I like this unit a lot... totally not necessary overall, but it would be cool if this jogwheel worked.. haha.

Lemme know, thanks so much! One of these days I have to do a video on using the Artist Mix and MC Transport with Reaper... and how it's useful, but limited.
Old 08-05-2023, 03:40 AM   #765
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Originally Posted by themixtape View Post
Odd. Yeah sometimes it just literally CTD (crash to desktop). It just did it again when I was testing my Euphonix MC Transport. I should note-- Windows 7, 64-bit. Same thing happens when testing it on Windows 10. Not always, but sometimes. The most recent crash happened when I went into the Control Surfaces are of Preferences, and chose EuCon again. Just re-setting it to that, boom. Bye, Reaper. Everything was fine when firing up Reaper again.

All that said...

Am I correct in assuming the jog wheel does nothing at all?

Numpad seems decently useful with moving items, nudging, zooming, etc. Jogwheel and the shuttle thing around it... nothin'. Transport seems ok (the half moon around the jogwheel).

I like this unit a lot... totally not necessary overall, but it would be cool if this jogwheel worked.. haha.

Lemme know, thanks so much! One of these days I have to do a video on using the Artist Mix and MC Transport with Reaper... and how it's useful, but limited.
Yeah, the jog and shuttle wheels on the Transport feel fabulous !

Unfortunately, won't be doing anything further with Transport as it reached Avid end of life years ago.

As you know, there is just me for both EuCon and CSI, so my free time is very scarce, makes no sense to put it into things that Avid doesn't even support anymore.
Old 08-16-2023, 10:50 AM   #766
lanyap514

Default Download all Pieces for Mac's?

Hey I downloaded the Eucon thing but I am struggling to figure out so i have to download the CSI thing as well? Not sure if I am missing that.

Thank you!
lanyap514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2023, 11:10 AM   #767
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanyap514 View Post
Hey I downloaded the Eucon thing but I am struggling to figure out so i have to download the CSI thing as well? Not sure if I am missing that.

Thank you!
No just the EuCon dll/dylib.

Follow the instructions on the download page.

You also need EuControl installed and correctly communicating with your surface before you do anything else.
Old 08-17-2023, 11:20 PM   #768
Old School Audio Guy

Default New EuCon project

Hi Everyone
This is a different comment than before
Does anyone know why I have no Eucon control over Reaper
Even projects that worked fine don't have any connection to the Eucon control surface
I have installed the Eucon file newly downloaded and I understand it's experimental
but I have no communication between Reaper and the AVID Artist control surface
and I have rebooted many times with the redownloaded Eucon file for Windows 10
Seems like every time there is an update to Reaper Eucon gets worst even with a new project no communication at all
Does anyone have any ideas or is willing to do a team viewer session to see what is wrong?
Let me know
I am going to LA next month and if It can't be made to work I will just take the whole
surface 3 mixers 1 Control and 1 transport with me and sell it.
Sure could use some help
I'll check tomorrow to see if I get a response
Thanks
Perry Lancaster
Old School Audio Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2023, 11:22 PM   #769
Trakz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old School Audio Guy View Post
Hi Everyone
This is a different comment than before
Does anyone know why I have no Eucon control over Reaper
Even projects that worked fine don't have any connection to the Eucon control surface
I have installed the Eucon file newly downloaded and I understand it's experimental
but I have no communication between Reaper and the AVID Artist control surface
and I have rebooted many times with the redownloaded Eucon file for Windows 10
Seems like every time there is an update to Reaper Eucon gets worst even with a new project no communication at all
Does anyone have any ideas or is willing to do a team viewer session to see what is wrong?
Let me know
I am going to LA next month and if It can't be made to work I will just take the whole
surface 3 mixers 1 Control and 1 transport with me and sell it.
Sure could use some help
I'll check tomorrow to see if I get a response
Thanks
Perry Lancaster
Delete and reinstall bonjour if you’re on windows. Restart
Old 08-18-2023, 12:37 AM   #770
Old School Audio Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trakz View Post
Delete and reinstall bonjour if you’re on windows. Restart
Well that is a new idea I will give it a try
Thanks
Old 08-18-2023, 12:53 AM   #771
Old School Audio Guy

Quote:
Well that is a new idea I will give it a try
Thanks
Thank you very much Now Eucon is communicating and working and my faders are now in real time Thanks so much you are the only person who suggested this fix and it is now working. It's late so I will explore more tomorrow
Thanks again you're a genius
Cheers
Perry Lancaster

Last edited by Old School Audio Guy; 08-18-2023 at 12:54 AM. Reason: Needed to add a letter I forgot
Old 08-18-2023, 01:49 AM   #772
Old School Audio Guy

Default New eucon project

Hi Geoff
Well the problem I was having was caused by a corrupted bonjour app. All is working fine now no issue with any projects
I know AVID has not responded to you but any chance you could turn on the sends?
It would be nice if you could at least that would allow eucon users to at least control the send levels
Thanks for all that your doing it is very appreciated
Cheers
Perry
Old 08-18-2023, 02:39 AM   #773
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Hi Geoff
Well the problem I was having was caused by a corrupted bonjour app. All is working fine now no issue with any projects
I know AVID has not responded to you but any chance you could turn on the sends?
It would be nice if you could at least that would allow eucon users to at least control the send levels
Thanks for all that your doing it is very appreciated
Cheers
Perry
The trouble with turning on Sends is that the performance will degrade even further.
Old 08-18-2023, 08:24 AM   #774
Old School Audio Guy

Default New eucon project

Quote:
The trouble with turning on Sends is that the performance will degrade even further.
Well Geoff I'm so not surprised
AVID sucks
No problem it has nothing to do with you
Another reason to try and sell it when I'm in LA next month
I have an old and good friend there who is connected with many studios there I hope he can help me sell all it quickly as well as the rest of my studio gear so i can just go fishing I'm tired and the heat here in Arizona is becoming unbearable along with the fact it is so expensive here on many different fronts
Thanks again for all your work
Too bad AVID is such a terrible company
Have a great day
Cheers
Perry
Old 08-18-2023, 09:34 AM   #775
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Well Geoff I'm so not surprised
AVID sucks
No problem it has nothing to do with you
Another reason to try and sell it when I'm in LA next month
I have an old and good friend there who is connected with many studios there I hope he can help me sell all it quickly as well as the rest of my studio gear so i can just go fishing I'm tired and the heat here in Arizona is becoming unbearable along with the fact it is so expensive here on many different fronts
Thanks again for all your work
Too bad AVID is such a terrible company
Have a great day
Cheers
Perry
Yeah, now that Avid's acquisition by a private equity firm has been announced and is due to close in the fourth quarter, who knows what happens next.
Old 08-24-2023, 10:45 AM   #776
djabthrash

A couple of months ago, I tested EuCon with Reaper to try out remote controlling Reaper with my android phone through the Avid Control App, which had good enough VU Meters for the tracks. the point was to allow me to do linechecks remotely when multitrack recording live bands in Reaper.

It worked BUT it slowed down my Reaper sessions big time, even when not using EuCon and the AvidControlApp, just by leaving it in the Preferences : Control/Osc/Web menu.
For instance if i wanted to rename a track, it would take like one second to get me to the field where i can rename the track after double-clicking it, etc.

Since i don't use the EuCon that much, i just removed it from the Preferences : Control/Osc/Web menu, and now Reaper is fine (AKA fast) again.

I might use it again ponctually if i have to remote linecheck bands for live applications.

Just wanted to share my experience with it.

Last edited by djabthrash; 08-24-2023 at 10:56 AM.
djabthrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2023, 12:19 PM   #777
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Originally Posted by djabthrash View Post
A couple of months ago, I tested EuCon with Reaper to try out remote controlling Reaper with my android phone through the Avid Control App, which had good enough VU Meters for the tracks. the point was to allow me to do linechecks remotely when multitrack recording live bands in Reaper.

It worked BUT it slowed down my Reaper sessions big time, even when not using EuCon and the AvidControlApp, just by leaving it in the Preferences : Control/Osc/Web menu.
For instance if i wanted to rename a track, it would take like one second to get me to the field where i can rename the track after double-clicking it, etc.

Since i don't use the EuCon that much, i just removed it from the Preferences : Control/Osc/Web menu, and now Reaper is fine (AKA fast) again.

I might use it again ponctually if i have to remote linecheck bands for live applications.

Just wanted to share my experience with it.
Yup, that's been the problem with the Avid software from day one, which is about 10 years ago now
Old 08-24-2023, 01:14 PM   #778
djabthrash

Quote:
Yup, that's been the problem with the Avid software from day one, which is about 10 years ago now
Is it only a problem only with Reaper or with other DAWs (even Pro Tools) as well ?
Old 08-24-2023, 01:34 PM   #779
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Originally Posted by djabthrash View Post
Is it only a problem only with Reaper or with other DAWs (even Pro Tools) as well ?
When I coded the first iteration of EuCon support (around 2014) I was surprised at the lagginess, so I got the free trial of Pro Tools.

Turned out that Pro Tools as so slow that the EuCon lag was much less noticeable in the overall scheme of things, it disappeared in the noise.

Don't know if the conditions are the same today, but that was the situation then.

Don't know about other DAWs.
Old 08-24-2023, 02:03 PM   #780
djabthrash

Quote:
When I coded the first iteration of EuCon support (around 2014) I was surprised at the lagginess, so I got the free trial of Pro Tools.

Turned out that Pro Tools as so slow that the EuCon lag was much less noticeable in the overall scheme of things, it disappeared in the noise.

Don't know if the conditions are the same today, but that was the situation then.

Don't know about other DAWs.
Thank you !
Old 08-26-2023, 03:32 AM   #781
PYM

Default New to this subject

Hi Geoff,

Looks like you've made a tremendous job in adapting Eucon to reaper, but I haven't read all the pages here. Would you be kind to just update this last page with the latest resources to gather and try it out ?
=> the link at the beginning refers to a Nov-22 zip file : is it the latest version ?
=> are there more links to reach for readme or instructions ?
=> what is the latest EuCon version it's working with ?

Anyway, I'll try the nov-22 file and come back with my comments if it's useful (?). If any question or test needs to be ruled out, let me know : I runs Reaper both on a Intel MacMini 2018 (Monterey) and PCs/win10 pro, along with an Artist-MC (Euphonix), with either 2022.12 or 2023.6 eucon package.

All the best !
PYM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2023, 11:21 PM   #782
Old School Audio Guy

Hi Geoff
I wondered if adding just the location number feed to the transport would slow down performance too much.? It would be nice to see your location on the AVID transport display. Also any chance of having the master fader show up as another track when you turn on the Master track? Just wondering if I could get a bit more use out of my artist system. I have not had any luck selling them so I wanted to see if you could add an additional function to your Eucon control in Reaper. I know things slow down but These two additions would really help me get a bit more life out of these controllers
Thanks for your time
Cheers
Perry
Old 08-29-2023, 03:45 AM   #783
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Hi Geoff
I wondered if adding just the location number feed to the transport would slow down performance too much.? It would be nice to see your location on the AVID transport display. Also any chance of having the master fader show up as another track when you turn on the Master track? Just wondering if I could get a bit more use out of my artist system. I have not had any luck selling them so I wanted to see if you could add an additional function to your Eucon control in Reaper. I know things slow down but These two additions would really help me get a bit more life out of these controllers
Thanks for your time
Cheers
Perry
The last sale date for the Transport was 01/01/2016.

Avid ended support for the Transport in 2020.

So, unfortunately, not going to add location support for the Transport.

In general, not going to add any features to EuCon support, just bug fixes.
Old 08-29-2023, 09:20 PM   #784
Old School Audio Guy

Hi Geoff
I understand just trying to get a bit more life out of these but my path is clear
Sell them all
Thanks for all your work
Cheers
Perry
Old 08-30-2023, 02:48 PM   #785
PYM

Default why this project should go a bit further ?

Hi folks, I've joined this thread only this week, right after having discovered the Eucon gateway that Geoff has written.
I'm so grateful he's done that for years.

Pobably useful to tell my recent story :
- I've been a ProTools (PT) user for 10 years, but it's in 2018 only that i've got the opportunity to get a MC controller : the soft keys are the most useful things for me, and as I've added a 01V96 as a PT midi controller (16 faders), I'm ok with its only 4 faders.
- problems started when I realized how erratic are the encoder/switch assignments in the MC when it comes to control plugins (and even panpots or sends !), that have finally become the most used features at any time between recording to mastering.
- last year, also to give some air to my 2012 macbook pro, I've set up a very effective system where a Dante network (driven by the 01v) supports up to 64 inserts between the mac and the PC that i'm using on stage. The PC handles a 64 tracks reaper session, each track fitted its own input-fx chain : thanks to a Loupedeck CT, I now have a very flexible and reactive control over any plugin, that can be easily mapped to the CT with a clear view of which parameters I've at my finger tip.
- the CT is currently managed via the ReaLearn gateway from Helgoboss, which is highly flexible, comprehensive and responsive. I haven't yet evaluated your own CSI, I'll do it as soon as I can.

The macbook becoming unable to handle any PT sessions anymore, I've finally found an i7-Mini 2018 with 32GB of ram. At the same time, I wanted to implement a good orchestral plugin which would drive me more to the midi side than before. Alas, PT+Eucon being more than ok with audio has become way less profucient in midi, to the point that you can't even assign any midi knob to a plugin anymore, whatever it's a m-audio or arturia keyb which should the most obvious way to control instrument plugins, isn't it ? Moreover, you can't even rely on the ref. manual that just don't rely at all with the reality of what PT actually does !

Eddie Jones (Avid surface product manager) being so avidesque, I've finally decide to give a try to other daws, and Reaper clearly beat them all (I know, no surprise for you). That's when I've found this project of Geoff, who has done a tremendous job with this Eucon dev.
So, i've found my way to set the DyLib up and running, and I've run some tests, and here are my conclusions so far, along with some details to help those of you who aren't familiar with avid stuff.

My config : MacMini i7/32GB with Monterey (12.6.6) : Reaper 6.82 : EuControl 2023.6.
- 1st : I've dragged the DyLib to /Users/user/Library/Application_Support/REAPER.
- 2nd : Eucon has a pref file in the main macos settings, from where the Reaper App must be assigned to be recognized (I don't know how that works in Windows).
- 3rd : as soon as i've relaunched Reaper with the extension installed, the MC had its faders working on tracks right away, along with sel, mute, solo and rec commands. The panpot is well assigned to an encoder, and all tracks are listed in the main screen. Basic transport functions are working well too, as well as nudge & bank ones.
One fantastic consequence here is that the 4 MC faders can stay put on their assigned tracks, while the 01V can nudge 1-by-1 or by bank across all tracks !!
- 4th : EuControl : the very good news is that all (?) Reaper actions & functions have been implemented as Eucon strings, which means that I can assign any of them to a "soft key" whether in the main screen (up to 128 pages) or to one of the 16 buttons (up to 99 pages).

=> for me, it's almost PERFECT !
=> the only thing I'm missing is to assign the aux sends of the selected track to the 8 encoder/siwtch that are waitting along the screen, that also can be organized in pages. I've noted that's this point remains unresolved so far...
=> mention has been made about how laggy the daw would become when eucon is active, but I've never encountered such problem. I would even say, at the contrary...

Now that I've read all the pages here, I do understand the frustrations of Geoff with avid, and why it may look useless to do more for that extension, especially when his CSI looks to satisfy all needs. But here's what I'm thinking :
# although the Artist series will no longer be supported after 2024, these surfaces remain really well fitted and working with Eucon, and I'm quite confident that most of the network architecture, hence the functions will remain afterward. Also have in mind that being free from protools, it's no longer necessary to constantly update your eucon environment...

# lots of uncertainty has born from the news that avid will soon be differently owned, but I have some reasons to believe that they'll soon be merging with NativeInst/Izotope/Brainworx to address a greater customer basis with the subscription business model. If that happens, I won't be surprised that Eucon would be made more open and proposed as "the" communication standard with controllers for multimedia productions, but also for gaming and many other domains.
In fact, eucon is proven worldwide, is vastly superior to midi, mcu, hui or m-lan, is network-based, amongst other advantages, all of that making a solid basis for increasing an overall business, especially when 4 strong leading brands adopt it right away...not counting all others that are already supporting it (yam/steinberg, adobe, logic, harrison(=ssl), motu, merging (=sennheiser)...).

# Geoff, are you aware that a free Eucon sdk is available ?... https://developer.avid.com/eucon/

So, I'm happy to make myself and my studio available to make more test and templates, if Geoff would like to push the dev a little bit more. In fact, I'm still a Reaper beginner, so I'll have a lot to learn and try in order to get my config well fitted to my needs !

ps : although I don't have any programming skills, I know some people around that could help and I used to be the happy founder/CEO of Innova-Son which brought some of the very first large digital mixing console to the live-shows market : so, ergonomy is one of my good skill.
...sorry for lengthy post - All the best
Old 08-30-2023, 04:18 PM   #786
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Originally Posted by PYM View Post
Hi folks, I've joined this thread only this week, right after having discovered the Eucon gateway that Geoff has written.
I'm so grateful he's done that for years.

Pobably useful to tell my recent story :
- I've been a ProTools (PT) user for 10 years, but it's in 2018 only that i've got the opportunity to get a MC controller : the soft keys are the most useful things for me, and as I've added a 01V96 as a PT midi controller (16 faders), I'm ok with its only 4 faders.
- problems started when I realized how erratic are the encoder/switch assignments in the MC when it comes to control plugins (and even panpots or sends !), that have finally become the most used features at any time between recording to mastering.
- last year, also to give some air to my 2012 macbook pro, I've set up a very effective system where a Dante network (driven by the 01v) supports up to 64 inserts between the mac and the PC that i'm using on stage. The PC handles a 64 tracks reaper session, each track fitted its own input-fx chain : thanks to a Loupedeck CT, I now have a very flexible and reactive control over any plugin, that can be easily mapped to the CT with a clear view of which parameters I've at my finger tip.
- the CT is currently managed via the ReaLearn gateway from Helgoboss, which is highly flexible, comprehensive and responsive. I haven't yet evaluated your own CSI, I'll do it as soon as I can.

The macbook becoming unable to handle any PT sessions anymore, I've finally found an i7-Mini 2018 with 32GB of ram. At the same time, I wanted to implement a good orchestral plugin which would drive me more to the midi side than before. Alas, PT+Eucon being more than ok with audio has become way less profucient in midi, to the point that you can't even assign any midi knob to a plugin anymore, whatever it's a m-audio or arturia keyb which should the most obvious way to control instrument plugins, isn't it ? Moreover, you can't even rely on the ref. manual that just don't rely at all with the reality of what PT actually does !

Eddie Jones (Avid surface product manager) being so avidesque, I've finally decide to give a try to other daws, and Reaper clearly beat them all (I know, no surprise for you). That's when I've found this project of Geoff, who has done a tremendous job with this Eucon dev.
So, i've found my way to set the DyLib up and running, and I've run some tests, and here are my conclusions so far, along with some details to help those of you who aren't familiar with avid stuff.

My config : MacMini i7/32GB with Monterey (12.6.6) : Reaper 6.82 : EuControl 2023.6.
- 1st : I've dragged the DyLib to /Users/user/Library/Application_Support/REAPER.
- 2nd : Eucon has a pref file in the main macos settings, from where the Reaper App must be assigned to be recognized (I don't know how that works in Windows).
- 3rd : as soon as i've relaunched Reaper with the extension installed, the MC had its faders working on tracks right away, along with sel, mute, solo and rec commands. The panpot is well assigned to an encoder, and all tracks are listed in the main screen. Basic transport functions are working well too, as well as nudge & bank ones.
One fantastic consequence here is that the 4 MC faders can stay put on their assigned tracks, while the 01V can nudge 1-by-1 or by bank across all tracks !!
- 4th : EuControl : the very good news is that all (?) Reaper actions & functions have been implemented as Eucon strings, which means that I can assign any of them to a "soft key" whether in the main screen (up to 128 pages) or to one of the 16 buttons (up to 99 pages).

=> for me, it's almost PERFECT !
=> the only thing I'm missing is to assign the aux sends of the selected track to the 8 encoder/siwtch that are waitting along the screen, that also can be organized in pages. I've noted that's this point remains unresolved so far...
=> mention has been made about how laggy the daw would become when eucon is active, but I've never encountered such problem. I would even say, at the contrary...

Now that I've read all the pages here, I do understand the frustrations of Geoff with avid, and why it may look useless to do more for that extension, especially when his CSI looks to satisfy all needs. But here's what I'm thinking :
# although the Artist series will no longer be supported after 2024, these surfaces remain really well fitted and working with Eucon, and I'm quite confident that most of the network architecture, hence the functions will remain afterward. Also have in mind that being free from protools, it's no longer necessary to constantly update your eucon environment...

# lots of uncertainty has born from the news that avid will soon be differently owned, but I have some reasons to believe that they'll soon be merging with NativeInst/Izotope/Brainworx to address a greater customer basis with the subscription business model. If that happens, I won't be surprised that Eucon would be made more open and proposed as "the" communication standard with controllers for multimedia productions, but also for gaming and many other domains.
In fact, eucon is proven worldwide, is vastly superior to midi, mcu, hui or m-lan, is network-based, amongst other advantages, all of that making a solid basis for increasing an overall business, especially when 4 strong leading brands adopt it right away...not counting all others that are already supporting it (yam/steinberg, adobe, logic, harrison(=ssl), motu, merging (=sennheiser)...).

# Geoff, are you aware that a free Eucon sdk is available ?... https://developer.avid.com/eucon/

So, I'm happy to make myself and my studio available to make more test and templates, if Geoff would like to push the dev a little bit more. In fact, I'm still a Reaper beginner, so I'll have a lot to learn and try in order to get my config well fitted to my needs !

ps : although I don't have any programming skills, I know some people around that could help and I used to be the happy founder/CEO of Innova-Son which brought some of the very first large digital mixing console to the live-shows market : so, ergonomy is one of my good skill.
...sorry for lengthy post - All the best
Great post !!

Welcome to the community !

Yes, I've had the SDK for 10 years now, updating it as necessary.

I sure hope you are right about the Avid future direction, but I must admit I remain skeptical, having been involved with private equity firm takeovers in a prior life

I'm concentrating most of my effort on CSI right now, but, if conditions with EuCon change for the better, I'm certainly willing to revisit.

Meanwhile, at your leisure, have a look at the wiki -- link in red below -- to get a feel for what CSI can do, you may find it valuable to add to your suite of tools.

We get more performance out of MIDI/OSC than you night think possible:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ravhFzHcYKI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byqWh4Ukni8

Last edited by Geoff Waddington; 08-30-2023 at 05:57 PM.
Old 08-30-2023, 06:12 PM   #787
Geoff Waddington

PYM, I see you sent a PM. but the forum would not let me reply.

It's always better to post any questions, etc., here anyway, that way everyone can get the benefit of the discussion.
Old 08-31-2023, 09:02 AM   #788
PYM

Quote:
PYM, I see you sent a PM. but the forum would not let me reply.

It's always better to post any questions, etc., here anyway, that way everyone can get the benefit of the discussion.
haha, sure : beside some accointances we may have in common, I was asking to recall me with what's exactly the problem to get the encoders/switches assignable ?
Old 08-31-2023, 09:12 AM   #789
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
haha, sure : beside some accointances we may have in common, I was asking to recall me with what's exactly the problem to get the encoders/switches assignable ?
EuCon only allows certain things to be assignable.

Which ones were you thinking of ?
Old 08-31-2023, 09:21 AM   #790
lanyap514

Default Update to hide tracks when hidden

Hey Geoff!

Got this thing up and running and so happy with it! Thank you for going thru the hard work to get this working. I know i read it in another post here but is there any work towards an update solving the tracks being hidden and they corresponding on the artist mix (Eucon)?
lanyap514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2023, 09:29 AM   #791
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanyap514 View Post
Hey Geoff!

Got this thing up and running and so happy with it! Thank you for going thru the hard work to get this working. I know i read it in another post here but is there any work towards an update solving the tracks being hidden and they corresponding on the artist mix (Eucon)?
IIRC, EuCon follows MCP visibility, try hiding them there and see what happens.

[eEdit] Just checked the code, looks it it should respond to set hidden messages from EuCon, however you do that -- I can't recall the procedure in EuCon.

Last edited by Geoff Waddington; 08-31-2023 at 09:36 AM.
Old 09-06-2023, 04:38 PM   #792
Old School Audio Guy

Hi Geoff
Hi I know this is a bit off post
You write both the CSI and the Eucon control sufaces interface to Reaper
And given the current status of AVID what control surfaces would you recommend that give you the most control over Reaper?
Thanks
Perry Lancaster
Old 09-06-2023, 06:18 PM   #793
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Hi Geoff
Hi I know this is a bit off post
You write both the CSI and the Eucon control sufaces interface to Reaper
And given the current status of AVID what control surfaces would you recommend that give you the most control over Reaper?
Thanks
Perry Lancaster
I'm not usually a Behringer fan, but the X Touch Universal is what I use now with CSI, very happy with it.

It packs a lot of functionality into a very inexpensive package.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/det...ontrol-surface
Old 09-07-2023, 10:56 AM   #794
Old School Audio Guy

Quote:
I'm not usually a Behringer fan, but the X Touch Universal is what I use now with CSI, very happy with it.

It packs a lot of functionality into a very inexpensive package.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/det...ontrol-surface
Thanks that is what I am looking at The price is definitely right for sure
Well see at the end of the day when I sell my Eucon system soon on Reverb
Thanks again
Cheers
Perry
Old 09-07-2023, 11:58 AM   #795
Funkybot

Quote:
Thanks that is what I am looking at The price is definitely right for sure
Well see at the end of the day when I sell my Eucon system soon on Reverb
Thanks again
Cheers
Perry
That's what I did. Sold my Artist Mix, bought an X-Touch Universal.

Pros:
  • Very true MCU implementation - very compatible with CSI but any DAW really
  • Tons of buttons - and they have lights that work with CSI
  • Screens can change colors
  • It's not Avid - none of their shenanigans - no need for EUControl to run in the background constantly and not work after updates or disconnect

Cons:
  • Faders are a little noisy
  • Don't like the feel of the encoders (a bit wobbly, not the best feel)
  • Screens are nowhere near as legible or nice looking as the Artist Mix's gorgeous OLED displays
  • It's bulky
  • It's Behringer - and there's a lot of baggage and things to dislike there

...and those cons are really small in the grand scheme of things. From a functional perspective, I think the X-Touch is the best controller on the market overall. I wish you could just upgrade the encoders and displays.

I feel like Behringer should have a brand putting out more premium options at somewhat higher prices. I'd personally drop close to $1k on an X-Touch Universal that had quieter faders, OLED screens, and really solid encoders (at least as good as the MFTwister).
Old 09-10-2023, 09:36 PM   #796
Old School Audio Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkybot View Post
That's what I did. Sold my Artist Mix, bought an X-Touch Universal.

Pros:
  • Very true MCU implementation - very compatible with CSI but any DAW really
  • Tons of buttons - and they have lights that work with CSI
  • Screens can change colors
  • It's not Avid - none of their shenanigans - no need for EUControl to run in the background constantly and not work after updates or disconnect

Cons:
  • Faders are a little noisy
  • Don't like the feel of the encoders (a bit wobbly, not the best feel)
  • Screens are nowhere near as legible or nice looking as the Artist Mix's gorgeous OLED displays
  • It's bulky
  • It's Behringer - and there's a lot of baggage and things to dislike there

...and those cons are really small in the grand scheme of things. From a functional perspective, I think the X-Touch is the best controller on the market overall. I wish you could just upgrade the encoders and displays.

I feel like Behringer should have a brand putting out more premium options at somewhat higher prices. I'd personally drop close to $1k on an X-Touch Universal that had quieter faders, OLED screens, and really solid encoders (at least as good as the MFTwister).
Hi Funky
I could not agree more that a higher better quality Beringer controller would be great I think It might be good to rename it as well Beringer has always been the low-end but in recent years that has changed I do have one question does the main fader on the universal control the main or master fader in Reaper?
I'm going to be in LA for a bit visiting a friend but will be putting all my Eucon trash up for sale At least they still command a decent price so replacing them would be easy and some leftovers. I will miss the OLED display on the control as well but I would rather have something that works fully than only partially
Wish me well on reverb which I will deal with when I return
Thanks for the info
Cheers
Perry
Old 09-10-2023, 09:49 PM   #797
themixtape

The 9th fader is always the Master fader, yes
Old 09-10-2023, 11:44 PM   #798
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
I do have one question does the main fader on the universal control the main or master fader in Reaper?
That is the stock setup.

However, it is up to you how you want to set it up.

CSI is so much more flexible than EuCon.
Old 09-12-2023, 03:20 PM   #799
reded23

Quote:
Eddie Jones (Avid surface product manager) being so avidesque
hummmmmm :-)
reded23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2023, 01:12 PM   #800
Old School Audio Guy

Quote:
That is the stock setup.

However, it is up to you how you want to set it up.

CSI is so much more flexible than EuCon.
Great! Thanks, Geoff