Old 12-13-2021, 09:13 PM   #321
Old School Audio Guy
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Mesa, AZ
Posts: 288
Default New EuCon project

Hello everyone
I have been using 2021.6.1.5 and just updated it to 2021.6.1.7 EuCon 4.7.9.7
Everything is working fine so far I did not even have to import my softkeys
for the 12 buttons below the touch screen.
All booted up correctly and so far all is working fine
no issues as of yet. I will report if there are any
Just want to wait to update to 2021.10.1 till all bugs are worked out.
Cheers
Perry Lancaster
Old School Audio Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2021, 05:43 AM   #322
norbury brook
Human being with feelings
 
norbury brook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: London UK
Posts: 3,388
Default

I plugged my Euphonix transport in yesterday along side my Mix controllers hoping that it would have the basic functions.

It seems to have nothing working at all.


Is this something that's planned in the future or should I sell it?


the Mix are working very well though


M
__________________
https://www.marcuscliffe.com/
norbury brook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2021, 10:01 AM   #323
Geoff Waddington
Human being with feelings
 
Geoff Waddington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Posts: 11,415
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by norbury brook View Post
I plugged my Euphonix transport in yesterday along side my Mix controllers hoping that it would have the basic functions.

It seems to have nothing working at all.


Is this something that's planned in the future or should I sell it?


the Mix are working very well though


M
Yeah, a tough one.

I have one sitting here doing nothing.

The last Transport sale was 6 years ago and Avid stopped supporting it about a year ago.

I also have a Control (the old kind) sitting here doing nothing.

We made the decision to support the more modern surfaces when we redid EuCon support.

Aside from myself you're the first to express interest in the Transport.

Nobody at all has asked about the Control
__________________
To install you need the CSI Software and Support Files
For installation instructions and documentation see the Wiki
Donate -- via PayPal to waddingtongeoff@gmail.com
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2021, 01:00 PM   #324
norbury brook
Human being with feelings
 
norbury brook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: London UK
Posts: 3,388
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Waddington View Post
Yeah, a tough one.

I have one sitting here doing nothing.

The last Transport sale was 6 years ago and Avid stopped supporting it about a year ago.

I also have a Control (the old kind) sitting here doing nothing.

We made the decision to support the more modern surfaces when we redid EuCon support.

Aside from myself you're the first to express interest in the Transport.

Nobody at all has asked about the Control
Geoff

I thought as much no worries, I think a Behringer will be a better bet these days or perhaps an ipAd/tablet with the Eucon software might be a better bet.


M
__________________
https://www.marcuscliffe.com/
norbury brook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2022, 11:16 PM   #325
Trakz
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Hollywood, FL
Posts: 70
Default

Good morning.

Here i've got 2 artist mixes. Installed only the latest eucon software without the csi.

everything far as transport, meters, and faders are working.

Is it possible to control plugin values and send functions also ?
__________________
IG: Analog4Lyfe

Last edited by Trakz; 01-03-2022 at 07:48 AM.
Trakz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2022, 02:22 PM   #326
Boubou
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Nov 2021
Posts: 3
Default Faders jumps near 0dB

Hi
First, thank you for devlopping this Eucon support in Reaper.

I just bought a Avid S1 and I was exited to give it a try with Reaper.

I just want to post a bug that I encountered:

With a fresh Reaper install, the Eucon Support works perfectly!
But after importing Reaper configuration (shortcut, menu, etc) that I have built from another computer, the fader behaviour has changed.
Let's say that I move a S1 fader from the bottom to the top at the same speed, the fader in Reaper mixer quickly jumps to 0dB (like a piece of metal on a magnet) when the S1 fader is at -5dB. From 0dB to +5dB, the opposite behavior occures.
On the other hand, If I move a Reaper fader with my mouse at the same speed, the strange behavior that I just described above occurs with the motorised faders on the S1. Of course I cannot work in those conditions because the fader speed in Reaper does not match what I do on the S1.
I tried to figure out what is the problem with my Reaper config file that I imported.

I would like to mention that I tried the S1 in Reaper. Everything is fine with the fader, but I prefer to work with EuCon protocol if I can make it work again.

Any idea?
__________________
Harvesting the essence of sound!
Boubou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2022, 03:08 PM   #327
Funkybot
Human being with feelings
 
Funkybot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: New Joisey
Posts: 6,063
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boubou View Post
Hi
First, thank you for devlopping this Eucon support in Reaper.

I just bought a Avid S1 and I was exited to give it a try with Reaper.

I just want to post a bug that I encountered:

With a fresh Reaper install, the Eucon Support works perfectly!
But after importing Reaper configuration (shortcut, menu, etc) that I have built from another computer, the fader behaviour has changed.
Let's say that I move a S1 fader from the bottom to the top at the same speed, the fader in Reaper mixer quickly jumps to 0dB (like a piece of metal on a magnet) when the S1 fader is at -5dB. From 0dB to +5dB, the opposite behavior occures.
On the other hand, If I move a Reaper fader with my mouse at the same speed, the strange behavior that I just described above occurs with the motorised faders on the S1. Of course I cannot work in those conditions because the fader speed in Reaper does not match what I do on the S1.
I tried to figure out what is the problem with my Reaper config file that I imported.

I would like to mention that I tried the S1 in Reaper. Everything is fine with the fader, but I prefer to work with EuCon protocol if I can make it work again.

Any idea?
Maybe check Preferences -> Appearance -> Track Control Panel then under Volume/Pan faders, make sure the "to" range matches Eucon and you can play with the shape, but I think you want it on default.
Funkybot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2022, 05:07 PM   #328
XenoKeyz
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Nov 2021
Posts: 14
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by XenoKeyz View Post
I think I discovered something - In my 200+ track project, things actually seem to go back to normal when I select Track #1. And the further out I go selecting tracks, it starts to slow down Reaper.
Even loading a CRAP ton of, say, yucky EWQL tracks in this 383-track template, same thing - Select a track closer to the first one and things seem to resume being zippy as usual, but select a track further down the list and things slow down.
Hello, Geoff! Hope you are doing well and that development continues to progress well.
Pardon the inquiry (do take the time you need with what is more of a priority), I'm just curious about when you'll take a look at this.
The biggest factor I've found about large track counts is that everything GUI-wise & video playback, etc. slows down during playback depending on track selection.
Here's an example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9D6iyD0cCIo
Ah and if it matters to note, using Avid Control on a Tab A + the Avid Dock.
Thank you again so very much. ^_^
XenoKeyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2022, 06:19 PM   #329
Geoff Waddington
Human being with feelings
 
Geoff Waddington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Posts: 11,415
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by XenoKeyz View Post
Hello, Geoff! Hope you are doing well and that development continues to progress well.
Pardon the inquiry (do take the time you need with what is more of a priority), I'm just curious about when you'll take a look at this.
The biggest factor I've found about large track counts is that everything GUI-wise & video playback, etc. slows down during playback depending on track selection.
Here's an example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9D6iyD0cCIo
Ah and if it matters to note, using Avid Control on a Tab A + the Avid Dock.
Thank you again so very much. ^_^
Ok, just to be clear, the audio/music is unaffected, yes ?

Real nice playing, by the way !!

I'm currently in the middle of a CSI re-arch, but after that I will come back over here for some work...
__________________
To install you need the CSI Software and Support Files
For installation instructions and documentation see the Wiki
Donate -- via PayPal to waddingtongeoff@gmail.com
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2022, 10:24 AM   #330
XenoKeyz
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Nov 2021
Posts: 14
Default

Oops I posted my reply but forgot to demonstrate a few things with Eucon enabled and then disabled for comparison haha. Brb----
XenoKeyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2022, 11:01 AM   #331
XenoKeyz
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Nov 2021
Posts: 14
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Waddington View Post
Real nice playing, by the way !!
Ey thanks man! I learned the tune by ear, here's the original:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxDnyWyQTNg
It's from a super deep ambiguous 13-episode anime "Haibane Renmei." Tldr: if you like Blade Runner, Evangelion, deep stuff like that, you'll dig this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Waddington View Post
Ok, just to be clear, the audio/music is unaffected, yes ?
Audio performance, that's a good question. I think audio and other performance is A-Okay. But another part of me believes the sound is just marginally darker, or different in general.

I've included a few materials below to help in hunting this down. And righto on tending to CSI first before you hit this stuff - I'll leave it here for when the time comes.
1) Video showing more real-time performance for more info, examples, etc.
2) Video where I render some of the final boss track with eucon ON and then OFF.
3) A folder of those 2 rendered tracks for you to check if there is a difference. In the video where I test the rendered tracks side-by-side, I forgot that the screen-recording plugin is bypassed so skip that last part haha.
Personally I believe I am hearing a subtle darker difference in the Eucon ON rendering.

Video 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c82aLCgwnuM
Video 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwliH-eIsuY
The 2 rendered tracks: https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...rS?usp=sharing
Of those 2 rendered tracked, "...1.11a" is with Eucon ON and "...1.11b" is with Eucon OFF.

If there's anything else you'd like me to test or send etc., let me know and I'll provide it. Thanks so much, Geoff!
XenoKeyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2022, 12:16 PM   #332
studiosus
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Jan 2022
Posts: 18
Default

Hi there,

Thanks a lot to everyone who's working on that, especially Goeff!

I have a setup with a win10 pc, 2 artist mixes and an artist transport.

There are a few things which I miss. First of all, with latest eucon 2021.10 I don't get any working softkeys, as a few already mentioned. For me, they are super important.

With the older eucon like 2020.11, the sofkeys behave very well. I use a an old euphonix transport as my hardware buttons for softkeys. Works perfectly . I use the different autowrite to and automode comands all the time.

What I miss are the modifiers, shift, alt, ctrl functions from the normal keyboard. I would like to use them for selecting tracks on the artist mixes, like in reapers mix window. So holding shift and press multiple strip select buttons on the surface should select multiple tracks. Holding alt and press a select button should select all the tracks. This is very handy to change automation modes on multiple channels at once. (in other daws, this works fine).

And of course the vca and folder spill would be a big improvement. A gamechanger. (much more important than mapping plugins, in my opinion)

Keep up the good work! Thanx again.
studiosus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2022, 08:56 AM   #333
studiosus
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Jan 2022
Posts: 18
Default

Softkeys also work well until eucon v2021.6. here.

Something else I miss are the write indications on the automation buttons on the tracks.

If you are in any write mode, like latch, touch or write, they light up red to inidcate the automation arming of that track.

But if you are acutally writing, they start to flash red on the tracks you are writing to in pt land.(like the volume slider becoming red in the reaper mixer) That would be very useful feedback in reaper too.
studiosus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2022, 11:38 AM   #334
Heb
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 165
Default

Softkeys not working here either, I updated the app on my iPad by mistake and can't roll back ☹️
Heb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2022, 01:20 PM   #335
Funkybot
Human being with feelings
 
Funkybot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: New Joisey
Posts: 6,063
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heb View Post
Softkeys not working here either, I updated the app on my iPad by mistake and can't roll back ☹️
If you sync your iPad to your PC or Mac regularly, there may be a way to downgrade an app assuming one of the prior syncs was when you still had the older version:

https://www.imobie.com/support/downg...-on-iphone.htm

...maybe worth a shot.
Funkybot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2022, 02:17 AM   #336
Heb
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 165
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkybot View Post
If you sync your iPad to your PC or Mac regularly, there may be a way to downgrade an app assuming one of the prior syncs was when you still had the older version:

https://www.imobie.com/support/downg...-on-iphone.htm

...maybe worth a shot.
I'm afraid I haven't. (stupid I know)
I only use the iPad for the eucon softkeys and they are one of the few things that has never been broken by an update.
With all the changes being made to eucon and the end of support for the artist mix I have I've been considering streamdeck and some more generic hui control surface.
Anyway, thanks for trying to help!
Heb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2022, 05:28 AM   #337
Geoff Waddington
Human being with feelings
 
Geoff Waddington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Posts: 11,415
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heb View Post
I'm afraid I haven't. (stupid I know)
I only use the iPad for the eucon softkeys and they are one of the few things that has never been broken by an update.
I hear ya' !

They sure threw us a curve on that one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heb View Post
With all the changes being made to eucon and the end of support for the artist mix I have I've been considering streamdeck and some more generic hui control surface.
Anyway, thanks for trying to help!
I would not get a HUI surface, that is ancient, I would say the MCU protocol is the way to go.
__________________
To install you need the CSI Software and Support Files
For installation instructions and documentation see the Wiki
Donate -- via PayPal to waddingtongeoff@gmail.com
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2022, 06:21 AM   #338
Heb
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 165
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Waddington View Post
I hear ya' !

They sure threw us a curve on that one.



I would not get a HUI surface, that is ancient, I would say the MCU protocol is the way to go.
MCU is what I meant of course
I'd rather stay with the setup I have to be honest.
I hope you will find the time to look into it sometime in the future.
No more updates on the iPad from now on, haha!
Heb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2022, 09:42 PM   #339
morrisoc
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Posts: 6
Default FX Control Problems

Hi Geoff.

Never had the chance to play around with FX control until today and I have so far not had any luck. Followed your previous post and the txt file was created for a FabFilter plugin. After I relaunch Reaper and hit insert on the S1 the plugin now shows up and the rest of the surface populates with the various controls as per the text file however none of them do anything. Tried going back and changing the various control settings from 1-9 without any success. Finally, just in case it was an issue isolated to a particular plugin I did try a couple more with the same results.

Wondering if you have any advise or tips that could get this across the line?

Thanks

WIN10
REAPER: 6.47
VERSION: 4.8.3.96 EUCON: 2021.10.96
EUCON PROJECT VERSION: Latest
morrisoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2022, 02:13 AM   #340
Geoff Waddington
Human being with feelings
 
Geoff Waddington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Posts: 11,415
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by morrisoc View Post
Hi Geoff.

Never had the chance to play around with FX control until today and I have so far not had any luck. Followed your previous post and the txt file was created for a FabFilter plugin. After I relaunch Reaper and hit insert on the S1 the plugin now shows up and the rest of the surface populates with the various controls as per the text file however none of them do anything. Tried going back and changing the various control settings from 1-9 without any success. Finally, just in case it was an issue isolated to a particular plugin I did try a couple more with the same results.

Wondering if you have any advise or tips that could get this across the line?

Thanks

WIN10
REAPER: 6.47
VERSION: 4.8.3.96 EUCON: 2021.10.96
EUCON PROJECT VERSION: Latest
Plugins are not yet supported.

I'm busy with a redesign of CSI at the moment, plugins are next up on the EuCon side, I'll be back over here when CSI is back rolling along.
__________________
To install you need the CSI Software and Support Files
For installation instructions and documentation see the Wiki
Donate -- via PayPal to waddingtongeoff@gmail.com
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2022, 03:08 PM   #341
morrisoc
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Posts: 6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Waddington View Post
Plugins are not yet supported.

I'm busy with a redesign of CSI at the moment, plugins are next up on the EuCon side, I'll be back over here when CSI is back rolling along.
That explains it then! Thanks Geoff. Looking forward to seeing you back over here - I think I can speak for everyone when saying we all miss you!
morrisoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2022, 11:29 PM   #342
Old School Audio Guy
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Mesa, AZ
Posts: 288
Default New eucon project

Hi Geoff
Hope you're doing well I know you are deep into CSI at this time
but don't forget about us AVID/Eucon control and mix surface users
It would be great to finally transport controls on the Control unit
It would be really nice to get the jog/shuttle wheel functions running and can we illuminate the stop button on the transport of Reaper when Reaper is stopped. The pause gives a pause indication on the Reaper Transport.
How about stop as well!
I haven't posted in a while but have been checking for updates regularly
Just a friendly reminder about the Jog/Shuttle Wheel
And Hasn't anyone written the menu commands from reaper to the Soft Keys on the touchscreen of the Control Yet?
Hope to see you back soon
Cheers
Perry Lancaster
Old School Audio Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2022, 11:46 AM   #343
Old School Audio Guy
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Mesa, AZ
Posts: 288
Default new eucon project

Hi Geoff
I finally got past my Software and hardware issues and was
working on a mix and I noticed something with the Eucon software for
Reaper I had not noticed before
When you touch a fader the active channel should move to the channel you touched
I am not getting this. When you get back to Eucon it makes sense that when you touch a fader that the active channel should be the one you touched but I have to click with my mouse on the channel so that it is the one that is selected. If this is already implemented where is the setting to make this happen or is it something that needs to be addressed.
Thanks again for all your work
and let me know What's up with this
Thanks
Perry Lancaster
Old School Audio Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2022, 10:16 PM   #344
henriknet
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Jan 2021
Location: Berlin
Posts: 42
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old School Audio Guy View Post
Hi Geoff
Hope you're doing well I know you are deep into CSI at this time
but don't forget about us AVID/Eucon control and mix surface users
It would be great to finally transport controls on the Control unit
It would be really nice to get the jog/shuttle wheel functions running and can we illuminate the stop button on the transport of Reaper when Reaper is stopped. The pause gives a pause indication on the Reaper Transport.
How about stop as well!
I haven't posted in a while but have been checking for updates regularly
Just a friendly reminder about the Jog/Shuttle Wheel
And Hasn't anyone written the menu commands from reaper to the Soft Keys on the touchscreen of the Control Yet?
Hope to see you back soon
Cheers
Perry Lancaster
yes here too
henriknet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2022, 12:29 PM   #345
mattrglenn
Human being with feelings
 
mattrglenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 64
Default EuCon session sluggishness

Hey Geoff,
First of all, thank you so much for bringing Reaper and EuCon together for those of us that it helps. I'm one of the folks who uses Reaper for large-scale post-production so this is a long-awaited and hoped-for marriage.

I have just finished an FX dubbing mix for a large scifi/action project on which I was using EuCon. Unfortunately, over the last two days I've had to turn EuCon entirely off due to the sluggishness of the session when it is on. At first I assumed it was due to the sheer size of the session (currently 383 tracks), but as soon as I turned off EuCon everything got speedy again.
EuCon also seems to introduce a significant delay when switching between open project tabs. Especially if each project is large, switching can take a full 30sec-1min of spinning beach ball. When EuCon is off, it's almost instantaneous.

I saw earlier in this thread that you could introduce a channel limit in the EuCon.ini file by entering an integer. I tried this, but it did not seem to make a difference. Is this still an active function?

I don't want this to diminish my appreciation of the functionality, as I've been able to do just about everything I need with my setup (Artist Mix + Transport). This is just the large hurdle I personally need to get past before I can re-integrate EuCon into my workflow.

I'm contributing to your paypal fund nonetheless :-)
mattrglenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2022, 03:37 PM   #346
Geoff Waddington
Human being with feelings
 
Geoff Waddington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Posts: 11,415
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattrglenn View Post
I have just finished an FX dubbing mix for a large scifi/action project on which I was using EuCon. Unfortunately, over the last two days I've had to turn EuCon entirely off due to the sluggishness of the session when it is on. At first I assumed it was due to the sheer size of the session (currently 383 tracks), but as soon as I turned off EuCon everything got speedy again.
What is your approximate FX / Sends / Receives count per channel -- just a rough ball park guess is fine.
__________________
To install you need the CSI Software and Support Files
For installation instructions and documentation see the Wiki
Donate -- via PayPal to waddingtongeoff@gmail.com
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2022, 05:40 PM   #347
mattrglenn
Human being with feelings
 
mattrglenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 64
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Waddington View Post
What is your approximate FX / Sends / Receives count per channel -- just a rough ball park guess is fine.
It's very sparse, actually (this was a work-in-progress FX mix, not a final one). Of the 339 tracks, there are a total of only 20 sends to two different reverb tracks. Of the handful of tracks with sends, no one track has more than two.

Also, to keep the CPU use as low as possible most of of the insert FX used are ReaEQ and ReaLimit (with a scattered few exceptions).

Last edited by mattrglenn; 03-04-2022 at 11:33 AM.
mattrglenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2022, 06:41 PM   #348
dubclub
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 19
Default Softkey Modifiers

Hi Geoff,

I can't seem to get modifiers to work in the softkeys.

I have a 1st gen MC Control and it is working great now thanks to your work.

All Eucon Reaper softkey commands are working. However I have some native key commands that are not working. Save (CMD s) and Undo (CMD z) do work. However i have 3 buttons with just CMD and Shift and Alt/Opt set as commands. I want to for example press the Shift button and click fx on/off with the mouse in the mixer window. I can do this with the keyboard but nothing happens when using the same modifiers with the MC Control softkeys.

In the EuControl Soft Keys settings i have chosen Add new Key and just added the Shift modifier (or CMD, Alt/Opt, etc) with no letter added. Am i missing something in the setup?

Thanks, Jacob
dubclub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2022, 05:02 AM   #349
Geoff Waddington
Human being with feelings
 
Geoff Waddington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Posts: 11,415
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubclub View Post
Hi Geoff,

I can't seem to get modifiers to work in the softkeys.

I have a 1st gen MC Control and it is working great now thanks to your work.

All Eucon Reaper softkey commands are working. However I have some native key commands that are not working. Save (CMD s) and Undo (CMD z) do work. However i have 3 buttons with just CMD and Shift and Alt/Opt set as commands. I want to for example press the Shift button and click fx on/off with the mouse in the mixer window. I can do this with the keyboard but nothing happens when using the same modifiers with the MC Control softkeys.

In the EuControl Soft Keys settings i have chosen Add new Key and just added the Shift modifier (or CMD, Alt/Opt, etc) with no letter added. Am i missing something in the setup?

Thanks, Jacob
Hmmm... you might want to check your Avid docs, but I don't think you can do that, I think you need a letter.
__________________
To install you need the CSI Software and Support Files
For installation instructions and documentation see the Wiki
Donate -- via PayPal to waddingtongeoff@gmail.com
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2022, 09:19 AM   #350
dubclub
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 19
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Waddington View Post
Hmmm... you might want to check your Avid docs, but I don't think you can do that, I think you need a letter.
Thanks Geoff. Are you aware of another way to accomplish this? That is to press a button on the MC Control and enable/bypass fx in the mixer window with the mouse? For example a command to enable/disable an insert effect when hovering over the effect with the mouse. I have scanned through the Eucon Reaper commands but can't find anything yet.
dubclub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2022, 08:54 PM   #351
mattrglenn
Human being with feelings
 
mattrglenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 64
Default EuCon manual channel limit

Hey Geoff — I wanted to check to see if the below is still possible, as it would likely solve my DSP problem. FWIW, when I installed the EuCon plugin and added it as a surface, it did not automatically create a EuCon folder or a EuCon.ini file. When I create both manually and add the integer '8', it does not seem to make a difference. I'm using the latest EuCon version from 10/2/21.

Thanks as always!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Waddington View Post
New build is up.


If you wish to set a particular initial Channel count, just do the following:

Create a simple text file named EuCon.ini in the Reaper resource path -> EuCon folder (just run Reaper once with EuCon installed -- it will auto create the EuCon folder if it is not there)

Add one entry -- number of Channels

Code:
16
If there is no EuCon.ini file, the initial Channel count is the project Track count or 64, whichever is greater.

Even if you have a EuCon.ini file, loading another project will adjust the Channel count, not sure this is what we want, but it will do for now, in order to achieve the goal of consistent behaviour across EuCon devices.

There may be something I'm missing here, so I will continue to investigate that possibility...
mattrglenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2022, 03:36 AM   #352
Geoff Waddington
Human being with feelings
 
Geoff Waddington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Posts: 11,415
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattrglenn View Post
Hey Geoff — I wanted to check to see if the below is still possible, as it would likely solve my DSP problem. FWIW, when I installed the EuCon plugin and added it as a surface, it did not automatically create a EuCon folder or a EuCon.ini file. When I create both manually and add the integer '8', it does not seem to make a difference. I'm using the latest EuCon version from 10/2/21.

Thanks as always!
If it doesn't generate those files automatically, it likely has been disabled.

That said, after FX are operational, going to see if anything can be done to improve large track count project's performance.
__________________
To install you need the CSI Software and Support Files
For installation instructions and documentation see the Wiki
Donate -- via PayPal to waddingtongeoff@gmail.com
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2022, 09:39 AM   #353
mattrglenn
Human being with feelings
 
mattrglenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 64
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Waddington View Post
If it doesn't generate those files automatically, it likely has been disabled.

That said, after FX are operational, going to see if anything can be done to improve large track count project's performance.
Thank you, sir! :-)
mattrglenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2022, 12:14 AM   #354
Old School Audio Guy
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Mesa, AZ
Posts: 288
Default New eucon project

Hi everyone
It has been a while, been busy with other things
I notice something weird that happened the last few times
I have booted Reaper with Eucon only the first 7 faders work in real-time with the channel all others have a delay of about 2-3 seconds before they move to that place
very strange What has happened what did I change inadvertently?
I did change the fader to touch control so that the integrated channel moves to the fader I touch, which is working fine less and less mousing around. Even though I only have 7 reals time fader control and it is only the first 7 channels?
Thanks in advance
Cheers
Perry
Old School Audio Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2022, 02:47 PM   #355
Old School Audio Guy
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Mesa, AZ
Posts: 288
Default New eucon project

When I was just trying to get the fader select to be the one I touched
Then all faders except 1-7
I did a reboot now all is fine, not sure what I did but whatever it is working now.

Strange but glad all is fine
Perry
Old School Audio Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2022, 03:32 PM   #356
kaw480
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Mar 2022
Posts: 2
Default New install

Got an m1 Mac mini, did a new install of reaper and eucon control software. Installed the file in user templates as I had it on my intel iMac and can’t select eucon as a surface. Is it because of the m1 architecture?
kaw480 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2022, 03:48 PM   #357
Funkybot
Human being with feelings
 
Funkybot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: New Joisey
Posts: 6,063
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaw480 View Post
Got an m1 Mac mini, did a new install of reaper and eucon control software. Installed the file in user templates as I had it on my intel iMac and can’t select eucon as a surface. Is it because of the m1 architecture?
Yeah, I think that's it. The good news is this: Geoff ordered one of those new Mac studios so M1 builds should be possible in the near-ish future.
Funkybot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2022, 12:23 PM   #358
kaw480
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Mar 2022
Posts: 2
Default m1 file

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkybot View Post
Yeah, I think that's it. The good news is this: Geoff ordered one of those new Mac studios so M1 builds should be possible in the near-ish future.
I noticed that for CSI he has an m1 compatible file. is there a possibility of getting one for EuCon?
kaw480 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2022, 01:26 AM   #359
Old School Audio Guy
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Mesa, AZ
Posts: 288
Default New eucon project

Hi everyone
I have been working on making as many menu commands as possible at least the ones
with shortcuts already written in reaper, CMD ALT SHIFT a letter Etc.
I am putting each menu on a separate page so I can link the previous menu to go to that page and then the command can be executed.
Does anyone know what the cmd is to move to the next touchscreen page and is there a way to assign commands if they don't already have a keyboard shortcut?
It's slow but sure I am kinda stuck right now since I have to write out the shortcuts on a pad of paper so I can get the Shortcuts correct but there are some commands with no shortcuts and I would like to use them if possible.
All help will be greatly appreciated and I will post them when finished so all can use them.
Thanks
Perry
Old School Audio Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2022, 10:33 AM   #360
aaronbrownsound
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 13
Default Which versions are the latest and greatest?

First, thank you for doing all this as using my Avid Control app with Reaper has been wonderful!

I'm having an issue with track names and wanted to get the latest of the CSI and EuCon working. I'm unsure which to download and methods to properly install the full set.

Is this list the correct latest and greatest from your stash?

CSI Exp.zip
02/13/22

CSI v1_1.zip
11/24/21

EuCon Exp.zip
10/02/21

reaper_csurf_eucon.dylib.zip
01/30/21

https://stash.reaper.fm/u/GeoffWaddington

Are the above files all we need, or am I missing something? If I install the new ones should I manually remove the old files as well and then go through with the new CSI?
aaronbrownsound is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:14 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions Inc.