Old 03-06-2018, 05:57 AM   #1
jlt73
Human being with feelings

Default New song- Hardish Rock

Well I'm just getting my stuff together after a long absence from playing and I feel like I'm making a little headway into Reaper.

For guitars and bass, I used Line 6 Helix Native.
The drums are Superior Drummer 3.

Guitar is a Gibson Les Paul with Bareknuckle Nailbombs. Bass is a Spector Legend Classic.

I'm not quite sure on the mix, but I'm still learning.

https://soundcloud.com/jlt73/keep-coming
jlt73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 06:09 AM   #2
mschuster

no serious complaints about the mix, but depending on your preference, you might get a bigger sound/stereo image if you pan that guitar out hard L/R. might even help with giving the bass a little more presence. Do you double track your guitars?

like the drums! i've been toying with moving to Superior 3 for months. This has helped. Feel good about Superior 3? Did you have Superior 2 before this?

good song! now add some rockin' vocals and a screaming guitar lead and your golden!
mschuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 06:15 AM   #3
jlt73

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschuster View Post
no serious complaints about the mix, but depending on your preference, you might get a bigger sound/stereo image if you pan that guitar out hard L/R. might even help with giving the bass a little more presence. Do you double track your guitars?

like the drums! i've been toying with moving to Superior 3 for months. This has helped. Feel good about Superior 3? Did you have Superior 2 before this?

good song! now add some rockin' vocals and a screaming guitar lead and your golden!
Thanks!

I do double track. I think I have it at 40L/40R right now. I'll give the hard pan a try and see how that goes. I really have a hard time with the bass sitting in the mix. I can't wait to throw down a screaming lead. I have a buddy adding some vocals soon as I have zero singing ability.

I had Superior 2 before. Superior 3 sounds do much better. Even the SDX packs for Superior 2 have a little extra bit of awesome in Superior 3. I also have the Rock Foundry SDX and that is amazing.
jlt73 is offline   Reply With Quote