Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Feature Requests

Old 11-12-2018, 09:38 AM   #1
Nikos Krionas
Human being with feelings

Default A button suggestion for the startup Choose Project(s) (prompt window).

Hello,
Its my first post, i want to thank everyone here for asking and answering.
I have been using Reaper for some months and it feels like there is a button missing that would open a file explorer/finder
(in order to open another project which is not included in the "recent projects" list).

As it is now, you have to close the Chouse Project(s) window and then go to file -> open project

So my suggestion is to add a button at the prompt screen named "open project" that will open a file explorer/finder.
(i know that this can be set from the preferences but with this way you have both functionalities in one window and skipping a couple of clicks!)
Nikos Krionas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 10:03 AM   #2
solger

Welcome to the Reaper Forums!

In the meantime, you might wanna check out ReaLauncher (see the link below in my signature)
Old 11-12-2018, 03:40 PM   #3
Nikos Krionas

This is exactly plus more of what i was looking for , so many thanx!
My only note is i would still want to get prompted to save ,
having selected the "New Project" button but
instead it just opens a new project which is great in terms of speed and simplicity.
But for safety (data loss prevention) ,
the "Save Project" window should open before presenting the main screen.
So you could have a check box "(x) prompt for save" option or have it by default.
A thousand thanx's nonetheless! This is a great solution!
Old 11-13-2018, 03:56 AM   #4
Nikos Krionas

Also the recent history does not show the correct ones & clear recent history from the preferences doesn't work on ReaLauncher....Please Help!
Old 11-13-2018, 10:06 AM   #5
solger

As a general side note: please post any ReaLauncher related questions, comments, feature requests, etc. directly into the ReaLauncher discussion thread Thanks: https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=208697

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikos Krionas View Post
My only note is i would still want to get prompted to save , having selected the "New Project" button but instead it just opens a new project which is great in terms of speed and simplicity. But for safety (data loss prevention) , the "Save Project" window should open before presenting the main screen. So you could have a check box "(x) prompt for save" option or have it by default.
It's already possible to enable this behavior via Preferences > Project: Prompt to save on new project.

But I'll also add this to the wishlist and will have a look if it makes sense to add the same option directly in ReaLauncher, as well.

Quote:
Also the recent history does not show the correct ones ...
Can you please post more details and screenshots (which show the list entries in the ReaLauncher [Recent Projects]-Tab and in the 'File > Recent Projects' menu) into the ReaLauncher discussion thread. Thanks.

How to: post attachments & screenshots: https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=140670
Quote:
... & clear recent history from the preferences doesn't work on ReaLauncher.
An option to clear the Recent Projects Tab is already on the wishlist (see post #2 in the ReaLauncher thread)

Last edited by solger; 11-13-2018 at 11:01 AM.
solger is offline   Reply With Quote