Old 10-11-2017, 08:40 PM   #1
J Riley Hill
Human being with feelings

Default OSC multiple volume faders?

Hello

I've been mucking about with creating my own OSC control surfaces lately using TouchOSC and I've been able to do some things I wanted too.....

but I've been unable to discern from the instructions how to create a layout with multiple volume faders. I have been able to figure out last touched volume, last touched pan etc, but is there a way to have a "bank" of say 4 or 8 fader?

If anyone more familiar with REAPER OSC could point me in the right direction or share an example file it would be much appreciated!
Thanks
J Riley Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 08:19 PM   #2
fundorin
Banned

It's all in reaperOSC config file. AFAIR you should change it to follows_controller (or something like this) and it'll be possible to control your project with only 8 faders and switching banks. Sorry, I don't remember the exact option name inside config file. It should be somewhere at the beginning of the file.
fundorin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 10:18 AM   #3
J Riley Hill

Thanks
I have been able to figure out having multiple faders not banking yet, but I'll just keep trying. Good to know it's possible
Old 10-17-2017, 08:11 AM   #4
fundorin
Banned

Just load some of the existing Lemur panels, like Zvukofor's one and see how it's made.
fundorin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 12:33 PM   #5
J Riley Hill

Default Pointers

Nice, yah i spent sometime reading and re-reading the Default.ReaperOSC and eventually got it doing everything i wanted!

If anyone is wondering the same thing but intimidated by the config files.
It really wasn't that hard at all.

Just take a look at "Default.ReaperOSC" and look at some other config files people like fundorin said. The syntax for .ReaperOSC files is super simple once you give it a close read.

For anyone interested the key parameters to do multiple faders and banking are:
DEVICE_TRACK_COUNT 8 (or how many tracks you want to control)
TRACK_VOLUME n/yourMultiFader/@ (use something with a wildcard ( @ ) to map to a select number of faders )
DEVICE_PREV_TRACK_BANK t/NameOfYourTogglePrev
DEVICE_NEXT_TRACK_BANK t/NameOfYourToggleNext

I use TouchOSC and I figured out a lot by mucking about with this great config that someone made based on the TouchLogic one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2QoJzDWVuw

Another useful thing is you can use the " Listen " button in Reapers control surface settings to see the exact message your OSC layout is sending to reaper. Sometimes in TouchOSC an extra digit was being added into the control message for some reason, so I needed to need that into the config file.